S
juvealbanian
farfan
Hapless_Hans
Tomwin Lannister
47 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Massimiliano Allegri appreciation thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Massimiliano Allegri appreciation thread

Post by rincon Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:04 am

The only player that didn't get along with Allegri was Bonucci at the end. With Dybala there were some issues but it was more about tactical fitting.

He was liked by the whole team, got along great with Pogba, Ronaldo, Mandzukic, Khedira, Chiellini, Cuadrado, and pretty much every other big player we had.

He was great with the media too until the 5th season when he was clearly tired.

Would have been the best coach for PSG, good thing it will be Poch instead.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Massimiliano Allegri appreciation thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Massimiliano Allegri appreciation thread

Post by Robespierre Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:39 am

Well tbf Allegri was same manager who  had taken away Andrea Pirlo from Milan
He 's not dogmatic such as Conte ok but he has the things too
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:54 pm

Casciavit wrote:You'd think he'd have more international hype given that he brought Conte's spine to the CL final and then rebuilt Juve and got his own spine to the CL final literally two years later. He also won a bunch of leagues in a row too.

It's not even a Conte thing where you think star players might not like him. Allegri gets along great with star players from what I've read. He's like Ancelotti in that he tries to be friends with them. He's one of those coaches who are great for big clubs.

Allegri didn't rebuild Juventus, he slowly ran it into the ground. He should have been fired two years earlier
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:24 am

cant speak on behalf of what or how he did fare at Juve but at milan he was a sole reason why Ibra didnt get along with allegri, why pirlo was kicked out of milan because of his insistence for Van Bommel, and this went one thing after another with other veterans like seedorf.

Here is what Zambrotta had to say ,

“I didn’t have problems with Allegri the first year, but the second we lost the Scudetto due to mismanagement of the locker room.

“You need to have all the players working in your direction to win, but instead in a decisive game he clearly said that even if he only had 14 players, it’d make no difference. So what about all the others? That’s when we lost the Scudetto.

“I looked Ibra in the face to ask, what is this man saying? Another time after losing 3-0 to Arsenal, Allegri said: ‘Well done lads, it doesn’t matter.’ That was not a great move. Ibra was furious and they almost got into a fist-fight in the locker room.”

At milan he was suddenly facing this big names and he had issues handling it. Milan didnt have squad of quality that Juve had then but felt still allegri should have got results that we needed but he didnt. Att Juve he blended in just fine because he was practically inheriting a scudetto winning squad so i personally feel that he is much in a privileged position than to some extent sarri or pirlo is now because that juve was at their peak.

so personally from his milan days, i never considered allegri to be elite coach. He is alright but there are better coaches

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:38 am

I feel like Allegri improved at Juventus versus his tenure at Milan

He may have inherited a scudetto winning squad but he converted from a 3-5-2, which is virtually all that Conte played (and still plays), to various 4 back formations, which I admired

He also made the team much more of a force in Europe. Conte is a perennial European flop who described Juventus as not having enough money to sit at the table. Allegri took to same squad initially to a CL final, albeit losing to the MSN Barca, defeating Ancelotti’s Real Madrid and the only team to knock Real out in their historic run (pre-Ajax).

Allegri also managed great squad turnover. He moved out Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba, Morata, Tevez, Lichtsteiner, Marchisio etc. All standout players for Juventus and never really missed a beat in Serie A.

He made another CL final playing a double pivot of Khedira and Pjanic ffs before losing to “that” Real Madrid

What can I say of Allegri? I’m a fan but it was his time to go and he shouldn’t come back before the squad has more or less fully turned over. His cycle simply ended. He lost his touch towards the end. He had falling outs with Bonucci, who came crawling back like the coward he is; and mainly, Dybala, who was being benched in key matches during Allegri’s last season, substituted and criticized before having his best season under Sarri (of all managers)

Top, top manager in my opinion. Very tactically astute, very consistent and flexible. He may have inherited Conte’s squad but he elevated it and consistently managed changes season after season. He just didn’t have that bit more of quality in the squad to defeat either Barca and Real when it mattered most.

I’ll never forget that first leg vs. Real Madrid with the 0-3, the first leg against Tottenham in Torino,and also losing to Ajax with a 1 goal lead in Torino. He’s not perfect but neither were any of those Juventus squads. He got results

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:33 am

I think Allegri's main issues in Milan were personal, and not tactical. Honestly, I think removing Pirlo from our plans not only cost us the Scudetto that season, but it kickstarted Juve's dominant run.

I don't disagree that he did well with Juve, but I think it is easier to do well in a team that is completely dominating the league while the biggest teams are struggling with ownership issues and mounting debt.

His work in Europe may be due to some tactical expertise, but I think that Juve team didn't have the mentality of CL champions, and Allegri is not the type of coach to inspire it. He didn't inspire it at Milan (and was lucky the legends and Ibra were there to motivate the team).

Still a top coach IMO, but I cannot think of many situations where he will be the best option.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:00 pm

Anyone has a working theory on why this guy is passed up on all coaching hires since he left Juve?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:05 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Anyone has a working theory on why this guy is passed up on all coaching hires since he left Juve?

He is only employable in Italy (he has language issues), only expect a certain level of a club with certain wages, and no club is available at the moment.

Theoretically, he would be an upgrade for Napoli and Roma at the moment, but neither club are willing to make the payment or abandon their experiments.

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:52 pm

Allegri will come back at Juve next season, it's written in the sky
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:55 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Anyone has a working theory on why this guy is passed up on all coaching hires since he left Juve?
I'm convinced there is something very wrong with him and clubs have been warned to stay off. Any day now we will find out he's a child molester, a serial rapist, a wife beater, don't know, but something.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:54 pm

I know you're joking but generally we should avoid characterizing people as such vile things

Allegri probably wants to stay in Italy but with his profile he can really only manage three clubs: Juventus, Inter or Milan with maybe Roma on the outside

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:18 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
I'm convinced there is something very wrong with him and clubs have been warned to stay off. Any day now we will find out he's a child molester, a serial rapist, a wife beater, don't know, but something.

But Pep has a career so it can't be that
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:19 pm

There is no particular case beyond the fact that he needed a break. He has been working non stop for well over a decade and one must understand how tactical he is, and it cost him his health as a result he spends a LOT of time on his notebook.

Look at Pep and look how it aged him or Jose.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:46 am

He really needed a break, I'd guess he'll want to come back now.

Mancini said he is stepping down after Qatar 2022. Named as possible replacements Allegri, Ancelotti, Gasperini.

If he isn't going to coach Juve, I'd love to see him in the NT. Would do great there imo. Just don't want to see him at Inter.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:21 pm

He has no tactical identity and he's lazy. He's basically a deluxe caretaker manager
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:38 pm

Came back to the public, gave an excellent, long, interview in Sky.

Said he will return to coaching in the summer.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:59 pm

Always loved listening to Max. Honest, blunt and knows the game brilliantly and his commentary on player differences is always bang on.

Wondering how well this break has done him, along with what he picked up, recovery aside.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:34 pm

I've listened live on Sky Italy ..... Well, for me he said much fluff tbh Laughing
Interesting what he 's said about Bentancur though ( "never a DM"), who knows if Pirlo listened it..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:41 pm

Bentancur would be great for a team like Spezia not Juve. Hope Allegri returns to Juve this summer

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:16 am

rincon wrote:Came back to the public, gave an excellent, long, interview in Sky.

It wasn't an interview, more like a long chat with the guys from the studio (Caressa, Bergomi, Di Canio, Marchegiani) and, like Robes said, it was mostly meh. He just regurgitated his outdated ideas about coaching: players are important, coaches are there only to not do damage, blah blah. He must have not done a lot of public talking in these two years, a lot of times I had problems understanding him.

Robespierre wrote:I've listened live on Sky Italy ..... Well, for me he said much fluff tbh Laughing
Interesting what he 's said about Bentancur though ( "never a DM"), who knows if Pirlo listened it..

Pirlo on the second day of training camp: "I don't have anyone who can play in front of the defense, so I'm going to play with two midfielders." Which is what we've done in 90% of our games. Who knows if you've actually seen Juve play

RealGunner wrote:Bentancur would be great for a team like Spezia not Juve. Hope Allegri returns to Juve this summer

You misspelled Ramsey. And the other fraud needs to stay the fuck away from this team, he's done enough damage already
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Juve return or Italy NT hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:34 pm

The Juve return seems too obvious and tailor made for him but for this to happen,  Paratici or Nedved or even both have to go.

Can't see Italy NT for now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:44 pm

Spurs? Real Madrid?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:14 pm

M99 wrote:Juve return or Italy NT hmm

Mancini will most likely coach Italy until the world cup, so next year.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:55 pm

Italy is impossible, Mancini is doing so good, he wants to stay , FIGC loves him and even Allegri isn't so avaliable to lead a NT now imo

My prediction is he will come back at Juve, such as it was for Trapattoni and Lippi in past.

And it worked
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:09 am

adun101 wrote:
rincon wrote:Came back to the public, gave an excellent, long, interview in Sky.

It wasn't an interview, more like a long chat with the guys from the studio (Caressa, Bergomi, Di Canio, Marchegiani) and, like Robes said, it was mostly meh. He just regurgitated his outdated ideas about coaching: players are important, coaches are there only to not do damage, blah blah. He must have not done a lot of public talking in these two years, a lot of times I had problems understanding him.

Typical megalomaniac Tuscanian man , with their aspirated C, their grungy humour , long disserations that give nothing concrete and hard to understand .  Spalletti-esque.
That's why we say jokingly that Tuscanians 've devastated this country Laughing

He said that clubs have a DNA and you must repect it. He coached Milan that has the good football in their DNA , Juve 've another DNA etc

Dem bullshits Laughing So Nereo Rocco was never exsisted, Milan under Allegri looked liked Milan under Sacchi ( I don't tnink to have noticed this) . And what was the DNA  of Manchester City before Mansour ? hmm Arsenal that pass from boring Arsenal to Wenger ?

He h also said that Real Madrid  had won final against Juve in 2017 because they've defended better than Juve, and it's why, according to him, who defends better  it wins.

That Real conceded 17 goals in that CL , even 3 to Legio Varsavia and in that final against Juve had defended 15 min max.

Surely the key for victory wasn't the defence
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next