Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 28 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 28 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Well genius, why don't you do the work and back up your claims instead of asking me?

Give me stats which PL team are best at defending set plays, and then let's take a look whether they use zonal marking or not.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 28 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Well genius, why don't you do the work and back up your claims instead of asking me?

Give me stats which PL team are best at defending set plays, and then let's take a look whether they use zonal marking or not.
I tell you what. you tell me why zone marking is the best way to go and I will tell you why man marking is better. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:48 pm

Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Well genius, why don't you do the work and back up your claims instead of asking me?

I tell you what. you tell me why zone marking is the best way to go and I will tell you why man marking is better. Thumbs up

That is definitively not what we are going to do, because that's stupid.

Go do some work. Find out who concedes the least goals from set pieces, and then find out what system of marking they use.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:

That is definitively not what we are going to do, because that's stupid.

Go do some work. Find out who concedes the least goals from set pieces, and then find out what system of marking they use.
why not. you tell me why zone marking is better and I will tell you why man marking is better. heres my 2p worth. for a start space don't score goals so no point marking it. 2nd when you man mark you are touch tight on the attacking players. 3rd players don't get a run and jump on you if you man mark correctly. 4th if you have a player with good quality from dead balls he can put the ball into the empty space that the zone marking leaves. 5th. with man marking your job is to simply beat the man you are marking so just do your job well and the job gets done.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Dude I've hear that nonsense about 10000000000 times and it does not get truer
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:59 pm

also when you zone mark the other team can watch vids on how you set up and find the weak spots to attack. if you man mark then you change your defending to combat them. so instead of them attacking your weak spots you attack there strong spots.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Dude I've hear that nonsense about 10000000000 times and it does not get truer
so now tell me why you think zonal marking is better.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:09 pm

I won't. I don't give a *bleep*
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I won't. I don't give a *bleep*
so in other words you cant find 1 single point to make zone marking better. Cool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:15 pm

the only problem you have from man marking is if your man gets beat by the other guy.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Unique wrote:
so in other words you cant find 1 single point to make zone marking better. Cool

No I can't. But I don't want to defend zonal marking by making single points. I'm defending the space.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:

No I can't. But I don't want to defend zonal marking by making single points. I'm defending the space.
well I pointed out lots of ways zone marking can go wrong and only one way man marking can go wrong. if you can add to that feel free to give your opinion.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Listen man I'm not going to debate zone vs man marking because that's completely idiotic.
This is not a debate for anyone, anywhere, every team everywhere uses some sort of mixture but for some reason English people have these really, really weird obsession of making this some kind of fundamental showdown debate

Noone else anywher has this weird obsession but you guys and noone else actually regards this as some kind of problem
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Listen man I'm not going to debate zone vs man marking because that's completely idiotic.
This is not a debate for anyone, anywhere, every team everywhere uses some sort of mixture but for some reason English people have these really, really weird obsession of making this some kind of fundamental showdown debate

Noone else anywher has this weird obsession but you guys and noone else actually regards this as some kind of problem
how can it not be up for debate. defending is 50% of football and if you have 2 completely different ways of doing it then its a big debate. maybe its because teams in England put far more effort into set plays than most other lgs that us English lads debate it more.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Unique wrote:maybe its because teams in England put far more effort into set plays than most other lgs that us English lads debate it more.
I don't believe that's the truth.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:26 am

As usual the opinions (or most of those) are skirting the extremities (led by Hans and Unique) while the truth lies somewhere in between.

Going into the transfer window, we needed good CB, LB and DM. I'm not going to judge Robertson since he needs time and has shown potential. Other than that, we wasted the whole window chasing after singular targets. Now money wasn't the factor, it's obvious. So it's really puzzling and frustrating to end up with freaking Matip, Klavan and Lovren as if there wasn't any CB who could have been an improvement over the present lot.

Another puzzling (and frustrating) thing is why the hell Klopp didn't get rid of Sturridge (or any #9 for that matter)??? It's clear that such players have no place in Klopp's 'system' and he isn't going to veer from this freaking 433.

Fact is, we are going to concede with this defense (or defensive set-up or whatever) and we are going to find it difficult to score against packed defense.

Now Klopp has improved us over last two years. So I believe he has what it takes to take us to the next level. But to do that he needs to sort out the shit we are in.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:39 am

Its not about whether zonal or man marking is better. Good coaches can tailor the system to the strengths of the players they have.

Arsenal is piss poor at zonal as well as man marking. Case in point.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:15 am

Klopp is definitely finding it difficult compared to Dortmund in Bundesliga sort out the issues and recruit right players at the right time at Liverpool. I reiterate what I have said thousands of times in Liverpool section, we have the shittiest midfield among top 6 teams in EPL. We can either press or pass it to the front 4 but We cant controll the pace of the game at all.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:47 am

You have to look at zonal marking like eating with chop sticks. It can be done and some people do it but there are easier ways to eat your food.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:00 am

Eating with chopsticks is fairly easy if you've done it a couple of times tbf

also, some people = billions Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:51 am

Unique went on MOTD.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:05 am

M99 wrote:Unique went on MOTD.

Even Liverpool Echo ran this story. Sad . Usually they disregard such things
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:18 am

I'm a huge Klopp fanboy which is well documented but it's inexplicable how Henderson and Emre Can are still starting games in midfield for a manager that used to manage Gündogan, Sahin...

Fraud imo.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 am

LMAO, that's Unique 100%

and I actually agree with him
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Unique or the guy on the radio isn't at all wrong with their views, We are all on the same page when it comes to that. It's just that we're getting very impatient because we've overachieved.

I don't see how some other manager is going to come into the club and with the resources at their disposal be able to fix the defense in a way you don't sacrifice the attack which is the only good thing going for us.

I know the only way to experience that is to either change Klopp or give him some more DESERVED time to change the situation but we've been through one of the darkest era's of the club in its modern history & I personally don't want to risk the former right now and keep jumping managers.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool boss at Anfield for two years - but are Reds better?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41567028
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 43  Next