Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 27 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:52 pm

Nishankly wrote:He's signed a controlling CM for next year. He's put us back on the map. He won't go until we lose out on it properly again similar to Rodgers aka Klopp is here for atleast 1-1.5 years more minimum.

Keita is NOT a controlling CM.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 27 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Nishankly Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Klopp will play him B2B so whether he likes it or not, His job is going to be massive.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Nishankly wrote:Klopp will play him B2B so whether he likes it or not, His job is going to be massive.

That's fine, but that's not what Cas was wondering. I think what Cas was wondering is why Klopp does not add quality competition for Henderson
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:12 pm

btw, Keita just got sent off
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Imagine sacking Klopp now and another coach has to have a go with this squad rofl rofl rofl

Nonsense, of course. Let him work and buy some players next time around.
Liverpool have a great lot of attacking players and a very good CM joining next summer so all a new manager will have to do is fix the defence.

There won't be another manager. Liverpool would be absolutely stupid to sack Klopp. He's the best you can get.
then we are doomed
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:
Liverpool have a great lot of attacking players and a very good CM joining next summer so all a new manager will have to do is fix the defence.

There won't be another manager. Liverpool would be absolutely stupid to sack Klopp. He's the best you can get.
then we are doomed

What the hell do you clowns want?

You haven't won a the league in 25 years.

Your league finishes before he joined were 6th, 2nd with prime Suarez, 7th, 8th, 6th, 7th.

The only trophy you won in the last decade was ONE *bleep* Mickey Mouse League Cup.
The ONE time you got into CL under Rodgers you went out of the group against Basel and Ludogoretsk ffs.

Who do you think you are?
Where exactly do you see yourself that you think Klopp isn't good enough for you?

He got you into CL again, it's the beginning of the *bleep* season, 8 points in the league is also what Pochettino has. You think they should fire Poch too?

Klopp is getting your upper midtable club to overperform lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Damn, Hans. Laid into the Pool fans there.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:30 pm

I think Unique needed to hear this from someone other than me, I've been trying to say the same thing in the Pool CL group thread but he thinks we are just one CB away from the CL and PL trophy.

Thanks Hans Proud

Last edited by Nishankly on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

then we are doomed

What the hell do you clowns want?

You haven't won a the league in 25 years.

Your league finishes before he joined were 6th, 2nd with prime Suarez, 7th, 8th, 6th, 7th.

The only trophy you won in the last decade was ONE *bleep* Mickey Mouse League Cup.
The ONE time you got into CL under Rodgers you went out of the group against Basel and Ludogoretsk ffs.

Who do you think you are?
Where exactly do you see yourself that you think Klopp isn't good enough for you?

He got you into CL again, it's the beginning of the *bleep* season, 8 points in the league is also what Pochettino has. You think they should fire Poch too?

Klopp is getting your upper midtable club to overperform lmao
I think you answered your own question. we have done nothing for 25 years because we have had average after average manager and this guy is just another average manager. we have a far bigger budget and are a much bigger club than Atletico madrid so we have every chance at simione who imo is a better coach than klopp.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Nishankly wrote:I think Unique needed to hear this from someone other than me.

Thanks Hans Proud
look if there is one thing a good coach can fix without spending massive money and in a short space of time its defensive organisation. I understand that to compeate with the worlds best you need world class players but a good coach can make a lot of improvement from good tactics and organisation and sadly klopp lacks that. the man is great coaching players to go forward but that's about it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Nishankly wrote:I think Unique needed to hear this from someone other than me, I've been trying to say the same thing in the Pool CL group thread but he thinks we are just one CB away from the CL and PL trophy.

Thanks Hans Proud
no mate. its you and the other deluded Liverpool fans that think signing a good CB will sort out the defence. we could have prime maldini and franco baresi in that setup and still give goals away for fun. lol
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Naby Keita is a great signing, but from what I've seen and read his best qualities are in transitions. Great at driving the ball forward and winning it back. He's good in possession, but I'm not sure if he's the player to add patience to Liverpool's game.

And that's what Liverpool needs. They need a patient CM, who is capable of holding onto the ball and releases it at the best opportunity. A pass-first CM, not a dribble-first CM.

A tempo setter, not another runner. At BVB, Klopp had both Sahin and Gundogan doing that job, who does he have at Liverpool?

Also, somebody needs to explain Henderson to me. He's the DM, but he has a pass completion of 74.7%. Let that sink in.  74.7%. He's a DM. *bleep* awful.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 pm

so a young Xavi Alonso then Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Unique wrote:

Thanks Hans Proud
look if there is one thing a good coach can fix without spending massive money and in a short space of time its defensive organisation. I understand that to compeate with the worlds best you need world class players but a good coach can make a lot of improvement from good tactics and organisation and sadly klopp lacks that. the man is great coaching players to go forward but that's about it.

Klopp isn't interested in 'fixing defensive organisation', as you mean it.
He's interested in overall organisation and tactics.

Also it's not lack of defensive organisation if Lovren can't hit a ball.

The one thing that Klopp is really guilty of is not adding meaningful individual quality to the defensive and midfield part of your squad.
I think this is because he decided to focus on team building, confidence building and team performance first, but overshot significantly.

Or maybe it's harder than we think to obtain clear improvements, who knows. He wanted Guerreiro, he wanted Mendy, both would have been fantastic but chose other clubs over you.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:

Thanks Hans Proud

Klopp isn't interested in 'fixing defensive organisation', as you mean it.
He's interested in overall organisation and tactics.

Also it's not lack of defensive organisation if Lovren can't hit a ball.

The one thing that Klopp is really guilty of is not adding meaningful individual quality to the defensive and midfield part of your squad.
I think this is because he decided to focus on team building, confidence building and team performance first, but overshot significantly.

Or maybe it's harder than we think to obtain clear improvements, who knows. He wanted Guerreiro, he wanted Mendy, both would have been fantastic but chose other clubs over you.
even if he got mendy he would have just bombed forward and left the 2 centre halfs exposed just like the rest of our full backs. when you look at our defence you don't think it needs tweaking here and there you think that defence is a car crash.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:11 pm

I just had a look at Liverpool's defense against City.

Mignolet; Arnold, Matip, Klavan, Alberto

That's an awful back 5.

I get that he wanted better players, but the moves didn't happen for whatever reason. But that defense really is woeful. It's not like he's playing a system designed to give the defense added protection like Chelsea.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Unique wrote:so a young Xavi Alonso then Very Happy

Nah he plays for us.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Casciavit wrote:I just had a look at Liverpool's defense against City.

That's an awful back 5.

I get that he wanted better players, but the moves didn't happen for whatever reason. But that defense really is woeful. It's not like he's playing a system designed to give the defense added protection like Chelsea.

and that's my point. where is a plan b.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Casciavit wrote:I just had a look at Liverpool's defense against City.

That's an awful back 5.

He is responsible for signing Matip and Klavan, and no other CB. So that's on him. Both are ok players and accordingly not terrible buys considering they cost a combined 5.5m € or some shit. They'd be fine, if this was Hertha BSC Berlin and not Liverpool, or if they were the backup to 2 very expensive top players, that is Laughing

But to have them as the main men is frankly laughable.

I mean it's very honorable that Klopp is getting into top 4 and CL with such players. But he needs to step up the squad building or he won't be remembered as a great success.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:30 pm

in the epl a lot of teams work hard on set plays because they know its a great way to get goals if they don't have the quality to out play the better teams so its very important to work on defending set plays. klopp plays that dumb zone marking shit that don't work yet he still sticks with it and as you can see we are the worst team in the epl at defending set plays. just another thing he has no answer too.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Dude

EVERYONE plays zonal marking

this is the the 21st century, not 1928
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Dude

I don't care if its 2050. name me one epl team that zone marks and are good at defending set plays.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Unique wrote:

I don't care if its 2050. name me one epl team that zone marks and are good at defending set plays.

I'm going to take a swing in the dark and say ALL OF THEM
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:37 pm

tbh ive seen klopp try a part zone marking part man marking set up but guess what he did. he had lovren and matip as the zone markers and players like firmino as the man markers. you couldent make this shit up Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:37 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:

I'm going to take a swing in the dark and say ALL OF THEM
that swing missed eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:39 pm

Well genius, why don't you do the work and back up your claims instead of asking me?

Give me stats which PL team are best at defending set plays, and then let's take a look whether they use zonal marking or not.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next