Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 15 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:What I am not happy with Liverpool is the way they just run from first minute to last without any purpose. It's like dog chasing car even if he catches it he wouldn't have idea what to do with it. Same with Liverpool players they chase the ball with all intensity but when they get it they have absolutely zero idea of what to do with it. Am not going to comment on today's match as I didn't watch it but this problem has been persistent all season now. Someone needs to shoulder the responsibility of creativity in this team or klopp should buy one. Until then its always going to be hot and cold.
this is what I'm saying. some teams create far more and score far more with far less talent than we have.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:09 pm

Its straight forward basically, The squad Rodgers has built lacks quality, It still needs a whole lot of tweaks. There is still no system in place. He bought Benteke for 32m and went on and bought Firmino for 29m or vice versa, It just doesnt make sense.

Klopp needs to get his own players, It'll just go from bad to worse if he sticks with these players until May.

Sturridge is literally our only hope now, What's brilliant is the fact he can turn our season around (if fit) alone like Suarez could.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:11 pm

Nishankly wrote:Its straight forward basically, The squad Rodgers has built lacks quality, It still needs a whole lot of tweaks. There is still no system in place. He bought Benteke for 32m and went on and bought Firmino for 29m or vice versa, It just doesnt make sense.

Klopp needs to get his own players, It'll just go from bad to worse if he sticks with these players until May.

Sturridge is literally our only hope now, What's brilliant is the fact he can turn our season around (if fit) alone like Suarez could.
let me ask you this. how bad would we be now if we had the palace or west brom squad.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:14 pm

I don't know, I would expect this squad on paper to be better than 9th place.

What matters is the fact we will still finish above West Ham, Palace and WBA despite the fact they beat us, We can't get any worse than this.

Patience Unique, We've seen darker times than these aka owl.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:15 pm

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Its straight forward basically, The squad Rodgers has built lacks quality, It still needs a whole lot of tweaks. There is still no system in place. He bought Benteke for 32m and went on and bought Firmino for 29m or vice versa, It just doesnt make sense.

let me ask you this. how bad would we be now if we had the palace or west brom squad.

Okay if you want to go that route, do you think Liverpool are a big club? Would you have been happy with Pulis or Big Sam?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Nishankly wrote:I don't know, I would expect this squad on paper to be better than 9th place.

What matters is the fact we will still finish above West Ham, Palace and WBA despite the fact they beat us, We can't get any worse than this.

Patience Unique, We've seen darker times than these aka owl.
I think klopp should take it one step at a time. make us air tight at the back and then try to get more goals in the team. spurs manager ( cant spell his name ) did it the right way. sorted them out at the back first. then thought about the forward play.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Salladhor Saan Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:19 pm

imo what klopp should do is make us hard to beat. be tight at the back and if we cant win then get a 0-0. then over time start to add better players and start to play better football. stop the rot is the first thing to do.
Van Gaal fits the bill perfectly. If only you'd taken him first Laughing

On a serious note, it's too early to judge Klopp, and the players will take time to adapt to his system. This season it also seems mid table teams have improved, and the league is even more competitive than it usually is.

You should write off this season as he gets to know the players, bring in his own and as they get familiar with his system.
Salladhor Saan
Salladhor Saan
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:22 pm

jibers wrote:
Unique wrote:

Okay if you want to go that route, do you think Liverpool are a big club? Would you have been happy with Pulis or Big Sam?
no. I would not be happy with pulis or fat sam. but my thinking is this. if pulis can be hard to beat then I expect klopp can do the same. the old cross into the box with a back post header is not gonna fool pulis. yet it fools klopp week after week. we get beat by the same tactics time after time. thats my worry.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:22 pm

Didn't Dortmund also struggle with teams that just sat back and played negatively looking to hit very quickly on the counter? I know some German posters I know have said that Klopp was found out in the Bundesliga in that sense (not being able to break down a parked bus). I think that it might have taken longer because this type of negative play is not as common in the Bundesliga.

Obviously he had more quality at Dortmund but his last season was far from encouraging there. If he really was "found out" I'm just hoping that he can learn, with the time he'll get this season, how to instruct his team to deal with this type of tactic. It's more concerning truthfully in the EPL because it's far more common to have teams that just park the bus.

Still...lots of time to see if he's got the ability to adapt and if he can build up the squad.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:23 pm

Salladhor Saan wrote:imo what klopp should do is make us hard to beat. be tight at the back and if we cant win then get a 0-0. then over time start to add better players and start to play better football. stop the rot is the first thing to do.

On a serious note, it's too early to judge Klopp, and the players will take time to adapt to his system. This season it also seems mid table teams have improved, and the league is even more competitive than it usually is.

You should write off this season as he gets to know the players, bring in his own and as they get familiar with his system. [/quote]

How long do you think it will take for him to bring in 'his' players? It all depends on the scouting and other teams not picking them because let's be honest here, Liverpool won't be on anyones Christmas list. Klopp has got a very difficul job and I think Pool fans are still acting like this is the late 80s.

I never thought Brendan should have been sacked, people thnk having more money = better players. Get a good team around him first.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:26 pm

Curtinho wrote:Didn't Dortmund also struggle with teams that just sat back and played negatively looking to hit very quickly on the counter? I know some German posters I know have said that Klopp was found out in the Bundesliga in that sense (not being able to break down a parked bus). I think that it might have taken longer because this type of negative play is not as common in the Bundesliga.

Obviously he had more quality at Dortmund but his last season was far from encouraging there. If he really was "found out" I'm just hoping that he can learn, with the time he'll get this season, how to instruct his team to deal with this type of tactic. It's more concerning truthfully in the EPL because it's far more common to have teams that just park the bus.

Still...lots of time to see if he's got the ability to adapt and if he can build up the squad.

That was my point when he was rumoured for Pool. Once teams figured out how to stop BVBs transition game, klopp never adapted. BVBs positional structure was terrible and I can see the same things at Pool.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:26 pm

Rodgers had to go and the squad right now is a testament to that.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:36 pm

so how much more money will it take to stop Liverpool getting out played by championship quality teams. how much money do you spend to stop getting cought out by a simple back post header. if Lallana coutinho firmino benteke Sturridge cant make chances against championship quality teams then how good do the signings have to be.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:42 pm

Unique wrote:so how much more money will it take to stop Liverpool getting out played by championship quality teams. how much money do you spend to stop getting cought out by a simple back post header. if Lallana coutinho firmino benteke Sturridge cant make chances against championship quality teams then how good do the signings have to be.

The definition of a mid-table team is one that cannot always win games that they should, but are too good to lose to much of games that they shouldn't.

If you want to beat "championship" sides regularly, you should be top-class team. Its not the mid-table teams that always beat the bottom-fodder, but the champions, which Liverpool is not.

Apparently, you think that Liverpool should PTB, and try and win with jammy headers. However, that is not going to win you any points against opposition doing the same.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:49 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Unique wrote:so how much more money will it take to stop Liverpool getting out played by championship quality teams. how much money do you spend to stop getting cought out by a simple back post header. if Lallana coutinho firmino benteke Sturridge cant make chances against championship quality teams then how good do the signings have to be.

The definition of a mid-table team is one that cannot always win games that they should, but are too good to lose to much of games that they shouldn't.

If you want to beat "championship" sides regularly, you should be top-class team. Its not the mid-table teams that always beat the bottom-fodder, but the champions, which Liverpool is not.

Apparently, you think that Liverpool should PTB, and try and win with jammy headers. However, that is not going to win you any points against opposition doing the same.
so who should we be beating then.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Actually in the league where team like Chelsea is in bottom half while Leicester is toping table, no team should be taken for granted imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Unique wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

so who should we be beating then.

You are doing exactly like a high mid-table team does, manage to beat stronger teams occasionally, and lose against weaker teams occasionally as well.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Salladhor Saan Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:01 pm

jibers wrote:
Salladhor Saan wrote:imo what klopp should do is make us hard to beat. be tight at the back and if we cant win then get a 0-0. then over time start to add better players and start to play better football. stop the rot is the first thing to do.

You should write off this season as he gets to know the players, bring in his own and as they get familiar with his system.

How long do you think it will take for him to bring in 'his' players? It all depends on the scouting and other teams not picking them because let's be honest here, Liverpool won't be on anyones Christmas list. Klopp has got a very difficul job and I think Pool fans are still acting like this is the late 80s.

I never thought Brendan should have been sacked, people thnk having more money = better players. Get a good team around him first.[/quote]
He can get to know his players and the league, implement his methods and scout in what remains of this season, and buy the players he needs in the summer.

I agree that it's not an easy job, and nothing should be expected of him this season
Salladhor Saan
Salladhor Saan
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:07 pm

Salladhor Saan wrote:
jibers wrote:

I never thought Brendan should have been sacked, people thnk having more money = better players. Get a good team around him first.

He can get to know his players and the league, implement his methods and scout in what remains of this season, and buy the players he needs in the summer.

I agree that it's not an easy job, and nothing should be expected of him this season[/quote] thats some fair points buddy. but I still think we should not be getting out played that easy by some of the teams that beat us.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:11 pm

As if this thread reached 20 pages 2 months into his tenure rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:16 pm

by Don't call me James on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:09 pm

Dat 2 months :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:02 pm

jibers wrote:
Curtinho wrote:Didn't Dortmund also struggle with teams that just sat back and played negatively looking to hit very quickly on the counter? I know some German posters I know have said that Klopp was found out in the Bundesliga in that sense (not being able to break down a parked bus). I think that it might have taken longer because this type of negative play is not as common in the Bundesliga.

That was my point when he was rumoured for Pool. Once teams figured out how to stop BVBs transition game, klopp never adapted. BVBs positional structure was terrible and I can see the same things at Pool.

Not incredibly true, though. I know I said that Klopp got found out but I didn't mean it as drastically, I just meant opposing teams stopped being utterly overwhelmed by the pressing after a certain point, but parking the bus still didn't Dortmund when they weren't totally ravaged by injuries, they always had players like Götze, Reus, Gündogan, Kagawa, Sahin or whoever to break down teams that tried to PTB; there never was a clear recipe that let you just win against Dortmund.

Teams just stopped getting totally thrashed once they figured out how to absorb a bit of the pressing.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:32 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
jibers wrote:

Not incredibly true, though. I know I said that Klopp got found out but I didn't mean it as drastically, I just meant opposing teams stopped being utterly overwhelmed by the pressing after a certain point, but parking the bus still didn't Dortmund when they weren't totally ravaged by injuries, they always had players like Götze, Reus, Gündogan, Kagawa, Sahin or whoever to break down teams that tried to PTB; there never was a clear recipe that let you just win against Dortmund.

Teams just stopped getting totally thrashed once they figured out how to absorb a bit of the pressing.

Never saw your post. Said this after the 13/14 season. It was obvious watching BVB. That's the reason they did better in the CL because they were mostly the countering team, till they met Rube in his last season.

Notice even in the season they reached the final, the team that gave them the most trouble was Malaga because BVB had to take the initiative. Injuries were a massive factor in his final season for sure, but whether he had the same players or not, he wouldn't have changed.

There was a structural problem in the build up. I remember one game where BVB players lined up in a straight line when trying to build up Laughing

Thats a coaching problem. We will see if he evolves.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:37 am

You simply cannot judge a manager based off a season where he did not have a pre season or a say in players. He should be judged by the bare minimum standards, making the EL. All else will tell you nothing.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:02 am

I am so done with these people. Relax. You all have no idea. How is this on Klopp?

The whole squad is disjointed and just literally shit. We "lost" Suarez and Sterling, remember? Honestly we went 5 steps back with Rodgers appointment. Sick of people not understanding ANYTHING. Especially that clown "Unique" who think's he's a coach / manager / some sort of hero when he has NO CLUE. He boasts on about the same shit EVERY *bleep* WEEK. "How do Liverpool lose to West Ham when they're better than them?" MAYBE BECAUSE THE WHOLE SITUATION AT THE CLUB HAS BEEN SHIT FOR YEARSSSSSSSSSSS. MANAGEMENT FROM TOP TO BOTTOM HAS BEEN TERRIBLE FOR ALMOST A DECADE NOW. Yeah, FSG saved the club, and we "owe" them but they've done *bleep* all on the pitch. It's not their fault, they're just IGNORANT about the game. They decide to hire Dalglish, to back him, only to sack him AFTER A YEAR. Then they get Rodgers, BACK HIM TO THE ABSOLUTE MAX, when he's highest accomplishment was keeping a team in the top flight ffs. He was no better than Dalglish. We might aswell had signed Big Sam / Pardiola.  

Seriously. We had no philosophy / no system in place after Suarez.

Look at this squad.

I mean, LOOK AT IT. PROPERLY ANALYSE IT.

There's a reason the team look like school boys on the pitch. They players are so disjointed / out of balance they're all out of place.

We've finished below TOTTENHAM FROM ALL TEAMS 5 TIMES IN THE LAST SIX YEARS. TOTTENHAM.

Rodgers had over 130m+ (on "losing" Suarez and Sterling alone, he spent almost double that in his tenure) and built THIS squad.

I MEAN, LOOK AT THE FINAL THIRD.

Benteke signed for 30m+. ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU LITERALLY SOLD / DIDN'T GIVE ANDY CARROLL THE CHANCE BECAUSE HE WAS A "TARGET MAN" / AND HE WAS A BETTER PLAYER. HE ATLEAST ACTUALLY TRIED 100% EVERY GAME. FFS. Don't get me wrong, Benteke is a good player. He'd save a lot of teams from relegation *cough* Chelsea *cough* with teams that use target man / actually built their final third around him. Signing him from Aston Villa was a loss-loss situation for both clubs. I mean, for a team that thrived on fast, vibrating, attacking football, you literally signed a *bleep* tree up top. The amount of times the ball came off his shin / he moaned like a little bitch was embarrassing. Great signing. Really, well *bleep* done.

He did the same shit with Lambert.

Firminho. Great player, but he's looked out of place. Why? Because Liverpool decides to play a mix of direct *bleep* football to try and adapt to Benteke. Look at him in the Bundesliga where he actually had a team that knew how to operate in the final third. The only times Firminho has looked good is in when Benteke was not on the pitch. Coincidence?

Lallana for 25 *bleep* mil pounds. Yeah, it was 2 years ago whatever. He has NO FINAL BALL / NO END PRODUCT AT ALL. He's literally a glorified Stewart Downing with fancy tricks but only really gets into the team for chasing the ball / pressing ffs. I mean, 1 goal and what, 2 assists in all of 2015, no? rofl

Markovic. 20m for kid only to not give him a proper chance. Well in ladsssssss

This is my biggest issue with FSG too. If you were waiting on Klopp to get over this sabbatical why give Rodgers last summers spending kitty? :facepalm:

AND MILNER. OH MY GOD MILNER PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH. Milner is on 150k a week. You read that right. James Milner is Liverpool's highest paid player. James Milner. HE HAS NO X FACTOR. HE'S NOT WORLD CLASS. He's literally a passenger / makes world class players tick / consistent hard worker / glorified Joe Allen. I have no idea WHY we signed him when we already had Emre Can / Jordan Henderson in midfield as well. They essentially do the same shit. In fact, they're both better because they're actually you know, proper midfielders??????? We literally have NO CREATIVITY from midfield. So we sign a winger to play there. Logic? Rodgers 101.  

I am so done with fellow Liverpool fans. We are not a "top" team anymore. Accept the fact that you're mediocre. Klopp is doing his best with the squad he's assembled. He's only human after all. Give him time. He's been at the club for THREE MONTHS. THREE MONTHS. He has A LOT of work to do to fix the clubs previous messes. He hasn't even had a transfer window yet. Hell, I doubt he's going to sign much this January either.

And the worst part?????????????? Majority of the people calling for his head actually wanted delusional Brendan Rodgers to actually STAY. The same people defending the man that had us REBUILDING FOR 4 YEARS (YOU KNOW STAGNATING THE WHOLE CLUB AND EVERYONE IN IT) IS NOT GIVING SOMEONE (A PROPER WORLD CLASS COACH) A CHANCE AFTER 3 MONTHS. THE *bleep* IRONY. SO DONE>
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:18 am

I can't believe I agree with everything RedAlert jut said.

And I am still disgusted with all of your *bleep* still complaining about anything to do with Klopp. This man is the best that's happened to our club since Rafa, you have to be blind not to see it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next