Post by MJ Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:05 pm

That's a great squad, just missing that striker Mad

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Arsenal scout Valencia striker, Francisco Alcacer, for the fourth time in a month.

20 year old has 9 goals in 19 appearances this season including the winner at Camp Nou. Draxler and Morata remain Arsenal's priorities this summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-francisco-alcacer-3234668#.UyCSKJLNYoM.twitter
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:19 pm

If we sell verm.. It better be for no less than 20-25m. A lot of top teams still desperately need a cb, we have leverage and don't budge from that.

Not worried about the cash it'll cost to sort out the defense. The only starter we are replacing is sagna. I think we can get two quality back up cbs a rb and a lb for the price of verm alone
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:25 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:If we sell verm.. It better be for no less than 20-25m.  A lot of top teams still desperately need a cb, we have leverage and don't budge from that.

Not worried about the cash it'll cost to sort out the defense. The only starter we are replacing is sagna. I think we can get two quality back up cbs a rb and a lb for the price of verm alone
If we lose Sagna and Vermaelen, it put us back, we cant afford to lose 2 quality players and not replace them properly.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Vendetta, you really think Vermaelen would command a fee that high? With one year left on his contract (if I'm not mistaken)? I'm skeptical. Also not sure the club could fund the signings of 3-4 first team defensive players of adequate quality on Verm's sale alone, either.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:53 pm

Please, you can have Draxler, then surely you wouldn't mind if the Magnificent Ox would spend some years in sunny Bavaria?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:58 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Please, you can have Draxler, then surely you wouldn't mind if the Magnificent Ox would spend some years in sunny Bavaria?

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 No10
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:03 pm

I wouldn't say Poldi, Vermaelen and Bac are certain to leave, especially not Poldi. If as many players leave as we've been speculating, Arsene will surely keep Poldi and probably pull out all the stops to keep Vermaelen so we don't risk unsettling the squad with too many changes, even if it means losing him for next to nothing or free later.

We will need a striker, 1-2 goalkeepers, and another defender (RB or CB) no matter what though. Another winger, DM, and additional defender on top of that may have to take a backseat, although I hope we can sort it all out before next season - which admittedly is what I hope every season to no avail Sad
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:37 pm

My wish list. Let's get:

1. M'Vila.
2. Gourcuff.
3. Quaresma.
4. Demichelis.
5. Almunia (Return of the Mack).
6. Heskey.

Twisted Evil 
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Worst case scenario is terrifying lol, 4 signings required ATLEAST should Fabianski, Sagna, Vermaelen, Podolski all leave (all look likely to leave).

I like Guillermo Ochoa, an experienced and international goalkeeper who's out of contract in the summer, would come for free and I'm sure he wouldn't mind playing for a big club for once in his career even as a back up.

I'd settle for Micah Richards to replace Sagna in the short-term and wait to see if Bellerin/Jenkinson make a big step ahead before signing someone expensive in that position. I have high hopes that one of Bellerin/Jenkinson will properly replace Sagna. Fingers crossed Sagna stays though. I don't really rate Richards but as a short term solution he would be a decent player, and I think he'd like to join us aswell being an Arsenal fan and all that. Only if he comes for a low fee though otherwise look at other options, like Serge Aurier.

Ezequiel Garay to replace Vermaelen.

As for a DM, I don't think Wenger will look to sign one having just signed Flamini recently so it's pointless to even discuss it.

Julian Draxler is an obvious signing, I don't think we should sign him when we have someone better than him already in our team and for £38m... ugh. But it looks like Wenger really likes him and he will sign him with the funds he has now. If it was up to me, I'd pay whatever it took to sign Diego Costa, overpriced or not, he's the only world class forward who could be available in the summer. That said, knowing Wenger he'll pay £38m on a luxury signing like Draxler instead of him.

So our squad would be:

GK: Szczesny, Ochoa, Martinez
RB: Richards, Jenkinson, Bellerin
CB: Mertesacker, Koscielny, Garay, Richards
LB: Gibbs, Monreal, Flamini
DM: Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey
CM: Ramsey, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain
AM: Özil, Cazorla, Rosicky
RW: Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Campbell
LW: Draxler, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla
CF: Walcott, Giroud, Sanogo

Szczesny
Richards (Bellerin/Jenko) - Mertesacker (Richards) - Koscielny (Garay) - Gibbs (Monreal)
Arteta (Flamini) - Ramsey (Wilshere)
Chamberlain (Gnabry) - Özil (Cazorla) - Draxler (Cazorla)
Walcott (Giroud)

Hopefully Walcott bulks up a bit now that he's out injured, gets some strength and becomes our main striker because we ain't signing one Laughing

It's also time for Chamberlain to get a place in the first XI, he's ready.

lol no DM? are you sure? lol do you not realize flamini and arteta are touching the wrong side of 30? they might not perform how you think they will next season, and even if they do we can certainly improve on those two. wenger will buy a young dm i am sure of it. maybe someone from the french league.

and richards? what is your obsession with him? to me looks like an all power no brains type of player, there is a reason why this guy is not in the city side dude. we have had enough clichy's in our time to now add a similar type in richards.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:59 pm

I said Wenger won't sign a DM because he has just signed one in the summer, if it was up to me I would've never signed Flamini in the first place but a proper top class defensive midfielder.

As for Richards I don't have an obsession with him, I don't think you even read the whole post because I said I don't exactly rate him as first choice - just a stop gap signing until Bellerin is ready. I can't think of anyone else better who can cover CB and RB without spending too much money.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:12 pm

@REWB lol, you definitely just skimmed through his lineup mate.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:14 pm

I also like Richards and feel as though he deserves more games at City. I remember him once saying he used to be an Arsenal fan too, and obviously he is English as well. However, he is very injury prone.

Given that last sentence, I would say that our chances of signing him are quite high :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:13 am

Richards replace Sagna?  Laughing 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:42 pm

couple of Match comps just up

Julian Draxler vs Frankfurt :

Diego Costa vs AC Milan (H) 13-14:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Richards replace Sagna?  Laughing 

Not as a replacement but as short term solution until Jenkinson or Bellerin mature.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:26 pm

Inevitably, we're going to be weaker without Sagna unless we somehow sign Lahm, but Richards would be a huge step down. Defensively he lacks intelligence, and offensively he doesn't offer much. He's got great athleticism but that only gets you so far.

If we can't get quality for the position then we need to get someone dependable. I don't think we can rely on someone as unreliable as Richards while hoping that Jenkinson and Bellerin suddenly mature into first-team ready players.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:42 pm

I agree that its a step down in quality but at least we will have an experience body out there. The problem is there aren't a lot of quality full backs out there, no kids grows up saying I want to be a full back. The modern day fullback is an average Winger or midfielder converted into a defender. We will be lucky to find a fullback who is as reliable as Sagna, Richards on a loan deal might be a good solution. If he does well then a permanent signing if not we continue with Jenks.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:54 pm

is it sure that Sagna leaves? If not, why don't you just pay him what he wants,or at least close?

Or are his demands that unreasonable?

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Because his demand is out of our reach, he will be top earner til he's 33 years old, something at around 10-11 mil per year ( the bonus is what killed the deal). Gotta keep that wage structure Sad
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 pm

10-11 m € a year. Yeah ok, that is a lot, that's what our absolute top earners get, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Ribery.

But can I ask is it known how much your other players get? Walcott, Arteta, Cazorla etc?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:12 pm

Santi & Mikel on 70k per week, Theo on 90k so 4 - 5 mil a year.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:13 pm

Off the top of my head:

Ozil - £140k p/w
Walcott - £110k p/w
Ramsey (after he signs his new deal) - £100k p/w
Podolski - £90k-£100k p/w
Wilshere - £90k p/w

In terms of quality, Sagna warrants similar wages, but from what I've been reading the issue has been over the length of the contract mainly; he wants three years, Arsenal will only offer two. The complication here is that this is his last big contract, and he's being chased by the likes of PSG and Monaco who wouldn't have many qualms giving him a major deal.

It's not a sure thing he's going, though. As far as I know, we're still trying to get something sorted.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:27 pm

ok thanks.

I always got to convert that in my head as I'm used to thinking in € per year.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:51 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Worst case scenario is terrifying lol, 4 signings required ATLEAST should Fabianski, Sagna, Vermaelen, Podolski all leave (all look likely to leave).

I like Guillermo Ochoa, an experienced and international goalkeeper who's out of contract in the summer, would come for free and I'm sure he wouldn't mind playing for a big club for once in his career even as a back up.

I'd settle for Micah Richards to replace Sagna in the short-term and wait to see if Bellerin/Jenkinson make a big step ahead before signing someone expensive in that position. I have high hopes that one of Bellerin/Jenkinson will properly replace Sagna. Fingers crossed Sagna stays though. I don't really rate Richards but as a short term solution he would be a decent player, and I think he'd like to join us aswell being an Arsenal fan and all that. Only if he comes for a low fee though otherwise look at other options, like Serge Aurier.

Ezequiel Garay to replace Vermaelen.

As for a DM, I don't think Wenger will look to sign one having just signed Flamini recently so it's pointless to even discuss it.

Julian Draxler is an obvious signing, I don't think we should sign him when we have someone better than him already in our team and for £38m... ugh. But it looks like Wenger really likes him and he will sign him with the funds he has now. If it was up to me, I'd pay whatever it took to sign Diego Costa, overpriced or not, he's the only world class forward who could be available in the summer. That said, knowing Wenger he'll pay £38m on a luxury signing like Draxler instead of him.

So our squad would be:

GK: Szczesny, Ochoa, Martinez
RB: Richards, Jenkinson, Bellerin
CB: Mertesacker, Koscielny, Garay, Richards
LB: Gibbs, Monreal, Flamini
DM: Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey
CM: Ramsey, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain
AM: Özil, Cazorla, Rosicky
RW: Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Campbell
LW: Draxler, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla
CF: Walcott, Giroud, Sanogo

Szczesny
Richards (Bellerin/Jenko) - Mertesacker (Richards) - Koscielny (Garay) - Gibbs (Monreal)
Arteta (Flamini) - Ramsey (Wilshere)
Chamberlain (Gnabry) - Özil (Cazorla) - Draxler (Cazorla)
Walcott (Giroud)

Hopefully Walcott bulks up a bit now that he's out injured, gets some strength and becomes our main striker because we ain't signing one Laughing

It's also time for Chamberlain to get a place in the first XI, he's ready.

If we don't sign a striker start akpom every game, I really don't give a damn.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:02 am

EL Patron wrote:I agree that its a step down in quality but at least we will have an experience body out there. The problem is there aren't a lot of quality full backs out there, no kids grows up saying I want to be a full back. The modern day fullback is an average Winger or midfielder converted into a defender. We will be lucky to find a fullback who is as reliable as Sagna, Richards on a loan deal might be a good solution. If he does well then a permanent signing if not we continue with Jenks.

This!

People don't understand that I don't want Micah Richards really (I've made my point about him in the summer), he just seems the best option for the price he could be available. Who ever we want to sign to replace Sagna is going to cost more than what Sagna wants and most likely won't even be as good. It's a shitty situation. If we spend too much on a fullback what about signing a CB or two, the expensive striker, Draxler, goalkeeper etc... we have to be cheap somewhere because we don't have unlimited funds like Chelsea, City or PSG.

We got lucky that we had Gibbs when Clichy left but will the situation be the same again with Sagna? I can see Bellerin or Jenkinson becoming our first-choice RB in 1-2 years (whoever makes the bigger step), that's why we need a short-term solution rather than signing an expensive fullback who's going to block those two.

If Wenger didn't waste so much money on Draxler we could afford a good RB, but Wenger seems keen to sign him Rolling Eyes
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next