Highburied
Jay29
Hapless_Hans
48 posters

Page 33 of 44 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 44  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:55 pm

dont watch hamburg but whenever i watched sky bundesliga highlights their whole defensive unit was god awful[under van marwick]

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:Not sure he has been shocking?

Watched some bundesliga games and Highlights at the start of the season he was meh. As Sina mentioned Hamburg back four have shipped in tons of goals this season.

Also came across this the other day

http://www.fanatix.com/news/arsenal-loanees-defending-was-so-bad-his-teammate-broke-down-in-tears/182374/
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:14 pm

I think Wenger once said that experience isn't as important for a forward as it is for other positions, so I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a young guy like Drmic or Batshuayi and left it that. With not many top level strikers being available this summer, I can see why he would go down that route, even though it carries a fair amount of risk; it wouldn't immediately improve upon Giroud, and in waiting for the player to develop you'll need the experienced key members of the team - the likes of Walcott, Ozil, Cazorla, and Ramsey - to give you quality and consistency.

But then, other than Diego Costa, Mandzukic, and Martinez, are there any other "top" strikers available this summer? Chelsea appear keen on Costa, Mandzukic's availability isn't clear and whether Martinez is value for money is debatable, so is there anyone else? There aren't any names that come to mind. It seems like not taking the opportunity last season to sign one is going to make things much harder this summer to get that top striker.

Thinking about it like that, a young striker with plenty of talent; with a bit of pace and skill about him, may well be the better alternative. Perhaps if that was backed-up by some real quality signings for defensive midfield and maybe for the left wing as well, that would represent a good summer of business, I think.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:29 pm

Arsenal could always look to nab a striker from a club outside of the CL/EL. Show interest and there's a decent chance the forward will attempt to force a move, lowering his price tag even if he has a long contract. Whether those strikers would be an improvement over Giroud is debatable, but at they very least they could provide higher quality competition/back-up and a different option for the club. In terms of starting XI, I'd actually argue that Arsenal could compete for major trophies with Giroud as a starter, so long as you bring in some players that can offer goals from elsewhere in the team. Walcott's return to fitness will add one such option, as would a Remy or Jay Rodriguez type player (questionable whether Rodriguez is at the level yet) on the opposite flank. Add in a bit more production from the midfield area (fit-again Ramsey, perhaps a bigger goal-threat from Ozil/Cazorla/Rosicky/whoever) and that could be enough to off-set Giroud's patchy goal-scoring form. That all relies upon a reasonably strong defense, of course, but Arsenal demonstrated that ability earlier this season as well.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:52 pm

That's been the general consensus, Giroud is good enough to stay and even command a starting spot but he needs better competition. Whether he feels it or not, he won't play at his best unless he feels a hungry young striker whose just had a high-profile move to the club breathing down his neck waiting for him to slip up. He needs that kick in the rear.

Ramsey and Walcott's absences have been huge as they've brought with them a huge decline in overall play, obviously. I'm not as concerned about transfers as I am about innovating our training regimens and our doing something about our medical team. If these injuries can be curtailed then we're already looking at a capable squad.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:06 am

Lukaku's agent has apparently stated that he has been in contact with Levy and Everton about a potential permanent move in the summer. Chelsea have already shown they're more than happy to help out a rival (Mata to United, 50m for Torres, etc) so perhaps he could be an option for the new striker?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:35 am

According to Sam on Twitter, they're listening to offers in the region of £20m

Interesting, something to consider. Especially if they'd keep the price at least between 20-30 for us. Remember, Mourinho wouldn't even loan us Demba Ba. I'm not sure it was the same as bleeding United dry for Mata when they were already out of the title race Razz
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:58 pm

have seen a some Belgians on twitter claiming Batshuayi is better than Lukaku hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Who knows man.

On a positive side, all recent strikers out of the Belgium league have been more than decent.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:27 pm

We should have nabbed Matias Suarez from Anderlecht back when that one guy one Twitter was saying it was a done deal.  tongue 
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:33 pm

That would surely fulfil our dreams of having Suarez upfront
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:36 pm

damn,you mean same guy that claimed we had pre contract for Holtby as well?haha dem times Proud
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:44 pm

MJGunner wrote:Salomon Kalou linked with his annual Arsenal reports. He stated he rejected a move to Arsenal in January and Arsene Wenger is supposedly ready to bid £2mil(?!) for the 28 year old.

He has scored 13 goals and assisted 2 in 35 apps for Lille. He finished last season with 16 goals and 7 assists in 43.

Why these links? We can do so much better.

Nearly spat my green tea out. Not due to Kalou's footballing ability; but due to the endless annual rumours that surface.

We could've got him as he was leaving Chelsea. Didn't bother.
We could've signed him last summer. Opted for Sanogo
We made a pathetic loan bid for him. Typical Wenger. Stupid beyond belief.
Now we're allegedly looking at lodging a £2m bid, for a player who could well be shooting his team back into CL contention.

I'm not one to jump onto the Media's every word about who we're interested in, because last summer we were interested in everyone from the Pope to Neymar. But if there is any truth in this, then this further highlights the tights-fist mentality Wenger has casted over Arsenal.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:23 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:I'm not one to jump onto the Media's every word about who we're interested in, because last summer we were interested in everyone from the Pope to Neymar.

I've heard the Pope is a natural DM, metronomic passer, very positionally disciplined.  :coffee: 
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Chumlum wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:I'm not one to jump onto the Media's every word about who we're interested in, because last summer we were interested in everyone from the Pope to Neymar.

I've heard the Pope is a natural DM, metronomic passer, very positionally disciplined.  :coffee: 

Ah...I heard they have a very hands-on approach. Rarely get disciplined or reprimanded for being 'touch-tight'. Interesting
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:31 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I think Wenger once said that experience isn't as important for a forward as it is for other positions, so I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a young guy like Drmic or Batshuayi and left it that. With not many top level strikers being available this summer, I can see why he would go down that route, even though it carries a fair amount of risk; it wouldn't immediately improve upon Giroud, and in waiting for the player to develop you'll need the experienced key members of the team - the likes of Walcott, Ozil, Cazorla, and Ramsey - to give you quality and consistency.

But then, other than Diego Costa, Mandzukic, and Martinez, are there any other "top" strikers available this summer? Chelsea appear keen on Costa, Mandzukic's availability isn't clear and whether Martinez is value for money is debatable, so is there anyone else? There aren't any names that come to mind. It seems like not taking the opportunity last season to sign one is going to make things much harder this summer to get that top striker.

Thinking about it like that, a young striker with plenty of talent; with a bit of pace and skill about him, may well be the better alternative. Perhaps if that was backed-up by some real quality signings for defensive midfield and maybe for the left wing as well, that would represent a good summer of business, I think.

Why are Mandzukic and Martinez regarded as top strikers by Arsenal fans  Laughing

Think it might just come into getting a young striker and hoping he can develop into world class one. Just like we did with Anelka and Henry. Costa is not an Arsene type of forward so I don't think we are interested. If we were interested then he would have been at least in our radar last summer. He is certainly a Chelsea player next season, judging by their history of splashing big in Strikers. I hope he will obviously flop  :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Is Lukaku suited to our game?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:12 pm

he's better than giroud imo, ha more pace. still not a top top striker that we need though, but he'd be decent.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:44 pm

I dont want Mandzukic, Martinez or Lukaku tbh. I would be happy if we can get 2 young strikers who can compete for starting line up. Giroud has no place at Arsenal, if Wenger leaves he is done, if we bring in a decent striker Giroud is done. We all know Wenger wont rotate and Girould is already the next Bendtner. I would keep Giroud one more year, but I know he will leave once a better striker comes in.

1 striker from South America.

1 from German/Dutch or Italian league experience.

Sanogo must be loaned out and bring back Joel Campbell.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Did people forget that Mourinho refused to give us Demba *bleep* Ba less than a year ago? Laughing

Lukaku is impossible, Diego Costa if he leaves Atletico is going to Chelsea, Cavani will stay where he is, Falcao is far too expensive, Benzema is signing a new contract. Others don't interest me or are not possible for different reasons.

I hope we sign Batschuayi or another young striker with high potential (Drmic, Morata) and let Walcott play up front as first choice and Akpom as third choice. Walcott's done very well when ever given the chance and showed his true potential against Man City away.

Instead concentrate on getting some wingers who can actually beat a defender and/or are creative from wide positions, we only have two and one of those two is Walcott who I want to play up front from next season.

Oxlade-Chamberlain should start regularly now from the left wing so that leaves us with a new first choice right winger to sign and a left winger if Podolski is leaving. The rest of the money should go to signing replacements for Sagna, Vermaelen, Fabianski and Arteta.

All a bit too optimistic and unrealistic but that's how I'd do business in my FIFA save this summer considering the lack of world class strikers available in the market.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:02 pm

RealGunner wrote:Is Lukaku suited to our game?
nope,although i like him but his link up/passing and decision making on the ball is average
at this point i agree with Gil he is more of an athlete than footballer
=============
Sardar Azmoun himself just confirmed on TV that the interest from Arsenal[and Milan] is concrete and some talks has been held between clubs  albino

=======
at this point im tempted to watch some Nurneberg full matches
Drmic is as good as it gets for us  Embarassed
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:26 pm

How is Diego Costa not suited to our game?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:28 pm

Chelsea are looking to spend big on a striker this summer. Their recent trend of buying and selling to cover their outgoings indicate they're trying to balance themselves for FFP.

With that in mind, we saw how they sold Mata to United. Even if United won't be a threat this season, Mou found that he didn't need the player, United made a bid they found attractive and he went with it. Who's to say next season United won't find their legs under Moyes or even a new coach?

No, Mou isn't that shortsighted as to keep from selling to a rival just for one season. Ba was a loan, that didn't involve much financial incentive. If Mourinho doesn't like Lukaku and Arsenal present a bid Chelsea can help use to fund a move for a striker they do like then that's two birds with one stone.

Although they would obviously prefer to sell to a team outside of the top 4/England.

But for the right price, nothing is impossible.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Why go for Lukaku, Chelsea are trying to sell him to create funds to buy a top class striker. Chelsea will ask for crazy money for lukaku.

Balotelli could go for cheaper than Lukaku.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm pretty sure Lukaku will play for Mourinho next season, as a backup for the main striker. He wants all his current strikers out so he needs 3 new strikers and bringing Lukaku back is a logical choice. He knows he messed up in the summer, and won't do the same mistake again.

It's pointless to even discuss it, honestly.

By the way, "for the right price", Falcao and pretty much most players in the world are available but can you see Wenger offering the "right price" for Lukaku when he didn't do it for a proven goalscorer in Higuain? Again pointless discussion.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:43 pm

Everton serviced Lukaku really well in the box, he only has 13 goals all competition and 12 EPL. Thats good but I dont think he would get the same service at Arsenal.

I think he would be a beast at Chelsea as back up.

Loïc Remy will be Arsenal player next season imo, Sorry MOLE. Embarassed 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 44 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 44  Next