January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.

+52
Amar
Jack Russell
EL Patron
Forza
Mr Nick09
Ali
OLpower
SUPERCARTTS
Wilson37
Abramovich
jcsc13
Zealous
6unner
boss
Arsenalfaithfull
Kwame2u
REWB
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Highburied
Spider
nikolai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rwo power
Ganso
El Gunner
Sushi Master
Iceman
Emaharg
Arquitecto
DeviAngel
djoe26
jayp
gmos01
Jamin
JAY-Z
Funkentelechy
shinigami99
aleumdance
urbaNRoots
Artilleristen
lenear1030
MJ
Sri
SamuelJayC
Quinten Metsys
beatrixasdfghjk.
Raptorgunner
Twoism
TalkingReckless
Sina
RealGunner
Jay29
56 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.  Empty January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Yup, it's approaching that time of year again. Silly season part two is just less than two weeks away, thus it's time for a new thread.

I'm sure the usual names will crop up next month; the likes of Yoann Gourcuff, Marco Reus and Lukas Podolski, maybe even a Mario Götze or Stevan Jovetic here or there.

To kick things off in spectacular fashion, we've been linked with a loan move for Wayne Bridge, in wake of our current injury crisis at full back. This coming from The Mirror.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.  Empty Re: January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:51 pm

:bow:

I am gonna sticky this
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.  Empty Re: January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.

Post by Sina Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:52 pm

WOOHOO!! Very Happy
can this window get me excited just like 2009 (Arsha saga)?
i hope so
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:56 pm

To start the thread

wayne bridge being linked with Arsenal on a loan deal :facepalm:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:04 am

what about swapping Tremoulinas and Chamakh on loan until end of the season Very Happy
nah i know not gonna happen just came to my mind :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am

I can see why we're being linked with Bridge. It's extremely unlikely we'll sign a new full back permanently, given that we are actually fine quality wise. The loan idea has only come about as a result of Gibbs being consistently injured. When you think about what left backs are availabe on loan... well, there's Bridge and no one.

I'd rather go with Miquel. Bridge is about as bad as Traoré is, and that's a nightmare I don't want to see again.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am

why don't we call back pedro? or does he not have a work permit
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:14 am

Seeing what we did to Bridge last couple years, prepare to get raped if this deal happens. He's worse now than Silvestre pre Arsenal transfer. On the other hand, playing natural CB as fullback is ok as quick fix but we can't keep it for long, the balance & wing attack really suffers from it no matter how great TV, Kozz and promising Miguel are. Fullback is one position for a headache, I hope Wenger will fix it in time.

Other rumors are all wishful thinking atm, one of Ze Germans would make it a very successful window, two is overkill. The Armenian captain looks more like realistic target which I like from what I've seen.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:01 am

Silly season is starting lol here one good one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arsenal rumours – Arshavin and Chamakh out, Cavani or Podolski in?

It is being reported this morning that Arsene Wenger has put both Marouane Chamakh and Andrei Arshavin on the Arsenal transfer list in the hope of off-loading at least one (if not both) of his out-of-form players in January.

Arshavin is worried about losing his place in the Russia side at the Euros next summer if he is left on the bench, but every time he is given a chance to shine he looks completely out of his depth. The Mirror thinks that Wenger is set to give him the opportunity to return to his former club Zenit, thus freeing space in the Gunners squad for a real backup to Robin Van Persie.

Chamakh will be more difficult to move on as he is going to the African Cup of Nations but Wenger has clearly lost confidence in the Moroccan international.

The Mirror thinks that Wenger will immediately move for Lukas Podolski if a certain buyer surfaces for Arshavin, while the ex-Gunner Ian Wright reckons that Wenger should join the race to bring Edison Cavani to the Premier League.

Wrighty said: “First – and we have known this for ages – without a top-class attacker alongside Robin van Persie, Arsenal are only one injury away from everything blowing up in their faces.

“That’s why I think Arsene must bid for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani – El Matador – if there is any chance of tempting him from Italy next month.

“It will be more difficult now Napoli have reached the Champions League knockout stages, largely thanks to his performances in the group games.

“But plenty of other clubs around Europe haven’t given up the ghost, and I’d love to see Arsene in the mix as well.

“If, heaven forbid, anything did happen to RVP, you’d fear Arsenal would be stuffed. That’s a ridiculous pressure to carry on your shoulders every week.”

“Andrey Arshavin seems to be somewhere else at the moment. This is the guy who got four at Liverpool, hit the winner against Barcelona, but just isn’t doing the business,”

“When Marouane Chamakh comes off the bench you never really expect him to make the sort of impact you’d want.

“And although Gervinho looks good dribbling and running at people, again there haven’t been many goals to go with it.

That’s not something you could say about Cavani, and it’s no surprise that he has become one of the most wanted men in Europe.”

Wenger must know by now which Arsenal players are surplus to requirements right now, and Arshavin and Chamakh must be near the top of the list (alongside Squillaci and Almunia) so we can only hope that he does manage to sell some of the deadwood and start investing in some real quality players in January.

Arsenal don’t need to improve very much to challenge for a trophy in the second half of the season…

http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-rumours-arshavin-and-chamakh-out-cavani-or-podolski-in/11909

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:04 am

King Henry set to help out Arsenal in January?

It is being reported that the Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is considering a loan move for New York Red Bulls striker Thierry Henry, who is currently training at the club, in the upcoming January transfer window.

According to The Times, the Frenchman will try and sign the Arsenal legend on a one month loan deal as backup for Robin van Persie until strikers Marouane Chamakh and Yao Gervinho return from the African Cup of Nations. The report suggests that the 62-year-old has an emergency loan deal in mind, similar to the deal he struck with Jens Lehmann last season when the club was going through a goalkeeping crisis.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 am

Jay, you've spelt transfer wrong Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:15 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Jay, you've spelt transfer wrong Razz.
LOL, Spelling Police is here. I wish I was as good a you beatrix. :bow:

You still have not told us what does your name mean?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:18 am

That's what you call a typo. Razz

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:21 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Jay, you've spelt transfer wrong Razz.
LOL, Spelling Police is here. I wish I was as good as you beatrix. :bow:

You still have not told us what does your name means.?
Razz.
Well, I said it was a long story, and then none of you bothered to inquire further...
And no one wants to officially appoint me as the grammar policeman ):

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:44 am

Fergie faces a Long battle

ALEX FERGUSON is leading a three-way fight for Sheffield United whizkid George Long.

Manchester United's boss faces a transfer-window battle with Arsenal and Aston Villa for the £3million-rated 18-year-old goalkeeper.

THESUN
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Four of English football’s biggest teams have been scouting Lille playmaker Eden Hazard as they eye up a move for one of world football’s best young talents.

According to The Evening Standard, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United all sent scouts to watch Hazard play against Paris Saint-Germain.

It is reported that Chelsea have sent scouts to watch him five times but with an alleged price tag of £35 million, they will have to dig deep into their pockets if they are to sign the Belgian international.

The 20-year-old is a hot prospect in Europe but agreed to stay in Lille this season after speculation about a move to most of the major clubs on the continent including Real Madrid and both Milan sides.

In his 18 appearances this season he has scored six goals and made five assists, although he failed to add to his tally in Sunday’s goalless draw at the Parc des Princes in Paris.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Four of English football’s biggest teams have been scouting Lille playmaker Eden Hazard as they eye up a move for one of world football’s best young talents.

According to The Evening Standard, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United all sent scouts to watch Hazard play against Paris Saint-Germain.

It is reported that Chelsea have sent scouts to watch him five times but with an alleged price tag of £35 million, they will have to dig deep into their pockets if they are to sign the Belgian international.

The 20-year-old is a hot prospect in Europe but agreed to stay in Lille this season after speculation about a move to most of the major clubs on the continent including Real Madrid and both Milan sides.

In his 18 appearances this season he has scored six goals and made five assists, although he failed to add to his tally in Sunday’s goalless draw at the Parc des Princes in Paris.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:53 pm

FC Dallas midfielder Brek Shea has revealed that he could be interested in a move to the Premier League with Arsenal.

As the MLS season has now finished, the 21-year-old has spent the last month training with the Gunners in London.

He told The Sun: “I enjoyed my stay and can see myself living there in the future.

“Watching Robin van Persie practice was unbelievable and hopefully I can learn from that.”

The USA international is being watched by a host of European clubs and has several caps to his name.

He looks scary with that blond Meireles hairdo...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Zenit St Petersburg are eager to re-sign Arsenal midfielder Andrey Arshavin.

Arshavin is being made available for the January market.

Zenit, who sold the Russia international to Arsenal in 2009, will make a bid for the 30-year-old when the window opens.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Arsenal are maintaining a watching brief on Real Madrid midfielder Jose Rodriguez.

Marca says Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is a big fan of Rodriguez, who was named the U17 World Cup Player of the Tournament earlier this year.

Rodriguez recently signed a new contract with Real, but that won't put off Wenger.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Manchester United and Arsenal had scouts posted for Academica's clash with Sporting Lisbon on the weekend.

No less than 18 foreign clubs had representatives in the stands for the match, including United, Arsenal and Everton from the Premier League.

Arsenal chief scout Steve Rowley was checking on Academica striker Éder, who is off contract in June.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has admitted that he may lose one of his best players in the transfer window.Pardew has told the St James’ Park faithful that he will fight to keep his best players, but there is concern that midfielder Cheick Tiote is attracting attention from Chelsea and Arsenal.

Tiote, who hopes to return after a seven-game absence with a knee injury to face Swansea on Saturday, signed a five-year deal earlier in the year and Pardew has built his squad around the Ivory Coast enforcer.
But the manager admitted he can give no guarantee he will stay. Pardew said: ‘You never know with the window — it’s such a minefield of possibilities. I think I’ve learned from the Andy Carroll situation and outside of Manchester City, every club has a player that is vulnerable.

‘We have one or two players here that top clubs, I’m sure, would be interested in.

‘The one thing I would say is that they will have to pay a lot of money to take anyone out of here because we’re in a good position — not just on the playing side but financially.

SOURCE: Daily Mail

Last edited by ernie_schwarz on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:08 pm

The Times reports that Thierry Henry is set to "make a surprise return" to Arsenal, nearly five years after walking out on the Gunners for Barcelona. The 34-year-old French striker scored a club record 174 goals in 254 appearances during his eight glorious years in north London, and, according to the Times, Henry is ready to resume his goal-scoring feats next month.

It's been an open secret that Henry has been training with the Arsenal squad in recent weeks as he keeps himself in shape ahead of the resumption of the Major League Soccer season in March. Henry plays for the New York Red Bulls and The Times says that with Arsenal strikers Marouane Chamakh and Gervinho both involved in next month's Africa Cup of Nations, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will strike a deal with the Bulls.

Henry will likely sign a one-month deal with Arsenal so that they have adequate back-up to number one strikeman Robin Van Persie in the New Year. When asked by The Times about the likelihood of Henry doing a job for the Gunners in January, Wenger replied: "At the moment, Thierry Henry just practises with us. "I cannot tell you even if there is a chance [of a deal] because... I haven't been concrete on the case."

Assuming Henry does sign for Arsenal, he'll be involved in four league games in January - including the visit of Manchester United to the Emirates on January 22 - as the Gunners look to get back on track following yesterday's defeat to Manchester City.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Kalou,the 26-year-old forward has long been linked with a move to north London, and with Arsene Wenger desperate to add some firepower to his ranks, a new bid for Kalou could be in the offing.

The Gunners have been heavily reliant on Robin van Persie’s goals so far this season, and with Marouane Chamakh and Ju Young Park failing to convince as the Dutchman’s back-up, Wenger may be tempted to move for Kalou if Chelsea show a willingness to sell.
The Daily Mail claim Abramovich is willing to consider bids for Kalou, Didier Drogba, Jose Bosingwa and Paulo Ferreira, while Nicolas Anelka and Alex have already had transfer requests accepted.

But whether or not they’d be willing to sell Kalou to one of their Champions League-spot rivals is another question, while Wenger may also be wary of signing a player who, like Chamakh, is destined for African Nations Cup duty in the New Year.

The former Feyenoord man has made just seven appearances under new Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas this season, but has scored three goals in his last three games.

Last edited by ernie_schwarz on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Arsenal, Newcastle and Everton scouts watched FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong in action against Fulham on Thursday night – with the Premier League trio all interested in the Dutch international.
Valued at around £10 million, de Jong has reportedly been monitored extensively throughout the season by the Premier League trio and Twente may find several bids flying their way in the January transfer window.

The 6’2’’ Dutchman has managed to net 11 goals in 14 matches in all competitions so far this season (8 in 9 Eredivisie games) which has led to numerous enquiries regarding the 21-year-old’s availability.

Twente will not want to lose de Jong, who is regarded as an important first-team player for the Dutch club, midway through the season. However, the Dutchman could well be interested in a move to the Premier League.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next