Kaladin
Madvillain
Casciavit
Gil
S
47 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL : Seedorf appointed Milan manager...aaaand sacked - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Seedorf appointed Milan manager...aaaand sacked

Post by M99 Tue May 27, 2014 8:25 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Replacing an inexperienced Milan legend with...

An even more inexperienced Milan legend.

OFFICIAL : Seedorf appointed Milan manager...aaaand sacked - Page 6 Genius

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL : Seedorf appointed Milan manager...aaaand sacked - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Seedorf appointed Milan manager...aaaand sacked

Post by Robespierre Tue May 27, 2014 11:41 am

Lol Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Like going from Chili's to Friday's
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue May 27, 2014 1:03 pm

This has to be a joke, surely? Seedorf had finally gotten the squad acquainted with his tactics, and producing good results. It would've been rational if he board wanted to replace him with someone more experienced such as Spalletti but this is just malarkey.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue May 27, 2014 2:37 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:This has to be a joke, surely? Seedorf had finally gotten the squad acquainted with his tactics, and producing good results. It would've been rational if he board wanted to replace him with someone more experienced such as Spalletti but this is just malarkey.
pretty much sums up my exact thoughts.

I wouldn't have been surprised with a Seedorf sacking , I just thought it would result in bringing in some big name manager.
Although I had nothing against what Seedorf was doing... in my opinion, he wasn't anything extraordinary, bringing the best out of players and such, but he was doing a better job than previous managers, was still new, and was getting results that milan were dying for.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 27, 2014 3:23 pm

zarola wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:This has to be a joke, surely? Seedorf had finally gotten the squad acquainted with his tactics, and producing good results. It would've been rational if he board wanted to replace him with someone more experienced such as Spalletti but this is just malarkey.
pretty much sums up my exact thoughts.

I wouldn't have been surprised with a Seedorf sacking , I just thought it would result in bringing in some big name manager.
Although I had nothing against what Seedorf was doing... in my opinion, he wasn't anything extraordinary, bringing the best out of players and such, but he was doing a better job than previous managers, was still new, and was getting results that milan were dying for.

Well , it is true that he did a better job , compared to Allegri's first half of the season at least. But i have to say here , if it weren't for the pleasant additions of Rami and Taarabt , who helped Milan get many points and to a good extend , the massive return of players who were injured all the time .. it's been a while now since the first months of the season and many have semi-forgotten how many injuries we have had this season , i don't think we ever played the same 11 untill January-March , no hyperbole here . El Shaarawy only got back for the last 2 games Laughing

Seedorf did try to install his vision and ideas into the team and he has been doing quite the good job at that . A work in progress , but real work nonetheless. The team , even though certainly not consistently , have shown some great plays and rhythm , signs of things which could have come. As you mentioned , nothing extraordinary yet , but still , some improvement was there at least.. Yet he has been mostly idealistic in his approach in spite of the pragmatic approach he had been asked to deliver , often missing the result in the end and that's what cost him most.

He also realisticaly did bad in certain matches . I've said it , in what must be over 2 weeks ago now , that he was sacked when we lost 4-1 to Atletico .. And it was a fair result based on the team we had and the team they had , but Berlusconi.. he could not live with that , because obviously we have such a world class team , losing to Atletico 4-1 was a crime , apparently... Last time something similar happened , Leonardo lost all support he has had till then. All season Berlusconi would either say some good things or simply would not critisize him , after he lost 4-0 to United , game over , next time he spoke about Leo , he was trying to avoid saying who would replace him .. the same happened again , the exact same case.

This time he even said , i know who will be the next Milan coach , but i won't tell you . Supposedly followed by laughs... All that whilst Seedorf was still our coach at the time .

The funniest of all though is , that after sacking Seedorf , they have to pay compensation to him. He was earning 2.5m a year . Now add to that we still have to pay for Poli , Taarabt , Rami , if we want to have them 100% as Milan players. I'd say the very least amount which all of this requires is near 15-20m. That's what we spend last summer Proud

I wonder what is going to happen this summer , surely not any more free players Proud

Overall , they actually decided uppon that , to pay extra 5-10m compensation out of the blue , just to get yet another inexperienced coach to lead this mediocre and full of scrubs team , into the most critical season of our last 15 or so years.

LEGIT
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 27, 2014 3:28 pm

Milan is a mess right now. So sad

Why appoint Seedorf if you always wanted Inzaghi?? why persist with appointing an old player with no coaching experience

At least Seedorf got an AVB like compensation. Serves them well for treating him like they did
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 27, 2014 4:06 pm

That we are a mess is the least of it . We have become a joke of a club and an example to avoid at all costs . Why didn't they get Inzaghi when he was available ? Simply because they weren't sure , about both of them .

So they did what only a genius would do , they hired Seedorf to see if he was going to be something special out of the blue , lol , and if he failed to meet their absurd expectations in a few months , they would turn to Inzaghi who was already available and has been groomed to be their safe choice when needed.

That Seedorf is a club legend , that they actually forced him to retire from the game , a man respected by pretty much everyone , did not matter all this time. They remembered all that during his first days. Lately Berlusconi even said some grandpas would control Milan's locker room better , that's just how far this goes . And Berlusconi was the one to specifically ask for him . Yeah ...

Is this real life or some parody movie... Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 27, 2014 4:11 pm

So, is he actually gone or is it all but confirmed?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 27, 2014 4:24 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:So, is he actually gone or is it all but confirmed?

well , it is not yet official .. But there are many reports saying it's Inzaghi and there will be an announcement at some point today. Guessing late afternoon or something. Gazzetta even has him as the Milan coach in their front paper Laughing

Whatever. Seedorf or Inzaghi , even if they somehow announced Spalleti , succesfully trolling us again ; unless they invest again on this team , it doesn't mean much to me , except the fact that i feel terrible about Seedorf . No , things won't be significantly different or better for us with Inzaghi .

It will be softer though , so who knows . Since we have done so well this season to take a break from the CL , it will be easier for Pippo Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 27, 2014 4:29 pm

It just worries me how these experienced professionals somehow can mismanage a club to the point where anybody remotely knowledgeable about football can see just how incompetent they are.

It's beyond a joke Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 27, 2014 4:46 pm

oh well.. can't say there's a good explanation ... maybe they are too old , they've gone mad? who knows

And there's always Berlusconi , who has long ago decided that he has spent enough for Milan. Not to mention the FFP was also godsent , it saved him a lot of excuses and money. Now , a case where he actually sells Milan is out of this world , soo...

One has to be especially creative and progressive to succeed in this game , dictated by money , with no money. And turns out they're not that creative without money afterall , who would have guessed Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue May 27, 2014 6:54 pm

I mean it HAAAS to be a coaching issue and not just a transfer market issue at the same time too.
I'm going to group Inter with Milan into this. Think about the squads on paper, how is it that teams like Fiorentina (without their two main men), Parma, Torino, Lazio, Verona, Atalanta are all on the same level as these Milan squads.
I understand that these teams are filled with very good players and professionals nonetheless and should put up a good fight with the top teams, no credit lost to them, but when speaking on terms of consistent performances throughout the seasons, teams like Milan and Inter should be doing way better than what they're doing with the squad they have. Yes, there are issues that should stop them performing well in CL, but not issues that should stop them from getting into CL lol, injuries or not.
When you have players like Montolivo, Balotelli, Pazzini, Kaka, these are all players that have had success in Serie A and huge players, and under the right motivation, it shouldn't matter what mediocre professionals you have alongside them, they shouldn't be in the same tier as the teams I mentioned.
Likewise with inter, Hernanes, Icardi, Palacio, Handanovic, Campagnaro, are all huuuge players in Serie A before joining Inter
And I'm not trying to say these are the best players on these milan clubs, all I'm saying is prior to joining these clubs, they were the players making the differences at their team and bringing them so high up in the table

So I will certainly have to disagree with anyone saying that Milan's issues are not coaching issues over these past few years. Again with Inter and Milan, I don't care if you bring in 5 managers and none of them can do anything, I still blame the managers, I have seen these players perform and most aren't finished.

It isn't even the position on the table, it's the fact that they're in the same tier as the teams I mentioned, the potential is there to do better, maybe not in the same tier as Roma, Juve, Napoli yet, but certainly not neck-to-neck with Hellas Verona ffs.

Nevertheless, Seedorf should be given more time. He didn't have too many hickups, maybe against Udinese, Parma and Atalanta, (3, NOT A big deal, he's new, and with transfers + more time he'd do better), but every other match he either did well or lost against a team simply out of Milan's league.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue May 27, 2014 7:31 pm

What did Seedorf do to piss of the Milan hierarchy?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 27, 2014 7:47 pm

Inzaghi to be replaced by Bonera :coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 27, 2014 7:58 pm

The_Badger wrote:What did Seedorf do to piss of the Milan hierarchy?

Berlusconi stated a while ago that he was unhappy with results and the way the team was playing, i think he wanted to see the team play "how it is" rather than how Seedorf "wants it to be" (As we've seen the glimpses against Juve and Atleti like Dante said)

There was also the issue with the unauthorized interview that he had with the media, the higher ups didn't sanction him to get an interview, but he went and did it anyway.

I'm sure there's something else i'm forgetting but the primary reason is basically he's clashing the board, they want a puppet coach that they can control, he wants to be given the freedom to start his project.

If he is finally sacked (still need a confirmation) then it's totally unjustifiable, despite Seedorf's flaws (and i do stress this, as i have some issues with his ability) he has done a good job despite not having a coaching career beforehand.

This is the Serie A table from Jan 18

OFFICIAL : Seedorf appointed Milan manager...aaaand sacked - Page 6 Boou7olCIAA_2tZ
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue May 27, 2014 8:07 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:

OFFICIAL : Seedorf appointed Milan manager...aaaand sacked - Page 6 Boou7olCIAA_2tZ

ya then add on to the fact in those games, Milan lost to Roma(2x), Juventus, Napoli, it isn't all that bad at all
actually, I'd say they did exactly as they should've done, since Roma, Juventus and Napoli have better squads on paper. Seedorf did his job perfect.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue May 27, 2014 8:10 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
The_Badger wrote:What did Seedorf do to piss of the Milan hierarchy?

Berlusconi stated a while ago that he was unhappy with results and the way the team was playing, i think he wanted to see the team play "how it is" rather than how Seedorf "wants it to be" (As we've seen the glimpses against Juve and Atleti like Dante said)

There was also the issue with the unauthorized interview that he had with the media, the higher ups didn't sanction him to get an interview, but he went and did it anyway.

I'm sure there's something else i'm forgetting but the primary reason is basically he's clashing the board, they want a puppet coach that they can control, he wants to be given the freedom to start his project.

If he is finally sacked (still need a confirmation) then it's totally unjustifiable, despite Seedorf's flaws (and i do stress this, as i have some issues with his ability) he has done a good job despite not having a coaching career beforehand.

Oh well. I like Seedorf and would like to see him do well. He's doing punditry on the BBC during the World Cup and is a class act. Puts our English pundits to shame.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue May 27, 2014 9:36 pm

@Zarola.

In Inter, the problem in my opinion is not the coaches per-say, but the lack of any coaching stability whatsoever.

In Milan, its more the fact that our players are mostly past it. Aside from the few you mentioned, we have a past it keeper, and past it defense. Our bench is a mess, and we have had huge injury problems.

If we miss any of our best players, we are nothing but a mid-table team. Our full team should be able to compete, but even then our best bet would be 3rd place if we were lucky.

I believe the current circus-show have been in the works since 2003 (the last time we did any major investments). Berlu simply rode Milan into his political campagin, and we have heading into obscurity since Galliani became CEO.

As it is, Berlu is running Milan right where he found them, and is showing no intention of selling the club. Imo, a creative managment team can do well with Milan, but our old croons are unable to do anything without funds.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 27, 2014 11:16 pm

I hope Milan come back. Watching this mess makes me sick.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Wed May 28, 2014 12:40 am

milan are never coming back.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed May 28, 2014 1:30 am

Seedorf was playing in Brazil . but Berlusconi wants dearly the Dutch as  future AC Milan manager. The new Sacchi for him . Galliani tries to curb him because he wants to continue with Allegri and not so convinced about the inexperienced Seedorf . Berlusconi insists, Galliani mediates, meanwhile the team affected by caos stumbles into a series of  negative results. The loss to Sassuolo is fatal. Seedorf is coming finally. The chosen one . Berlusconi believes so much in him who signs up to be Milan coach till 2016 for 2.5 every year ( and of course Milan will have to pay also Seedorf now ) . But
hereafter Berlusconi gets tired about him , he mistreats Seedorf publicy ( to old ppl ---he's serving sentence to social services Proud---  you would be better managers  than Seedorf ) , unmotivated fury if we consider that Berlusconi wanted Seedorf not others , while Galliani takes advantage from it, he never wanted Seedorf as manager- at least he was coherent.

And so Milan sacks Seedorf and it takes another inexperienced manager, it is going to pay 2 managers when it doesn't buy players for no money

Berlusconi is basically affected by  senile dementia ,  he is prevented from doing damages in Italian politics now Laughing, after having destroyed the  Italy for 20 years , but no one can stop him from destroying the AC Milan, as he is doing now . Unfortunately for the Rossoneri.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed May 28, 2014 3:04 am

@ Zalora I think Milan squad is actually quite average, mostly names & past it, at least the defensive set up which has always been strong point of Milan. I could say with confidence even on paper, Parma defense is better than Milan, we wouldn't go anywhere close to Mexes & Bonera, not to mention Zaccardo who we sold.

Also what Robe said which is sad, I just hope someone with money, some passions and most importantly some senses, willing to buy Milan. Italy needs Milan presence in Europe & Berlus needs to be stopped before dragging the team down any further.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 28, 2014 5:13 pm

B & G always win . Like Spencer would tell you , even when they lose , they win.

One can only submit and brace himself.

And i definitely agree with all the past it and criticism about how mediocre our defence is and a good part of the general roster. There's simply no denying it , but what can anyone do . We won't spend to fix it , so... yeh.

Just look at this , we already renewed Abbiati and signed Agazzi on a free transfer to be our keepers next season . Nobody knows what will happen to Gabriel either.

Go figure Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 28, 2014 11:51 pm

Said it back when he was being appointed- should have waited until summer at least. He was walking into an absolute mess that needs numerous signings to help..

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 30, 2014 11:34 am

No Seedorf resolution yet

Talks between Milan and Clarence Seedorf may go on for a while, as reports indicate no compromise has been reached on the Coach’s exit.

The Rossoneri are seen as having reached agreement with Pippo Inzaghi to come in as their new tactician from the summer, but before announcing anything, they are believed keen to resolve the contractual issue that remains with current Coach Seedorf.

The Dutchman signed a two-and-a-half-year contract with Milan in January and, with two years remaining and €10m gross in wages still due, reports are that the 38-year-old is holding firm in negotiating compensation.

Adriano Galliani reportedly met with the former midfielder’s lawyer Leandro Cantamessa yesterday, but the Gazzetta dello Sport and A Bola are among those reporting that nothing positive came from it.

The indications are that Seedorf is sticking to his position and that talks may continue for a while yet.

The Gazzetta dello Sport also report that the avenue of legal action being taken to bring to an end this situation cannot be ruled out.

http://www.football-italia.net/49837/no-seedorf-resolution-yet

I'm glad Seedorf is sticking to his position, hope he gets as much money possible from those *bleep* for how they treated him.

His only problem was that he was ambitious while our management isn't.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next