Casciavit
windkick
ronalessi
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
Valkyrja
11 posters

Go down

OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho appointed Mannchester United manager Empty OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho appointed Mannchester United manager

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 23, 2016 9:14 pm

Spoiler:

José Mourinho will take over as manager of Manchester United from the 2016/17 season, signing a three-year contract with an option to stay at the club until at least 2020.

José, 53, has managed at the top level of European football for over a decade and in that time has won league titles and cups in four countries (Portugal, England, Italy and Spain), as well as winning the UEFA Champions League twice – in 2004 with FC Porto and in 2010 with Inter Milan.

Announcing the appointment, Ed Woodward said: "José is quite simply the best manager in the game today. He has won trophies and inspired players in countries across Europe and, of course, he knows the Premier League very well, having won three titles here.

"I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome him to Manchester United. His track record of success is ideal to take the club forward."

José Mourinho said: "To become Manchester United manager is a special honour in the game. It is a club known and admired throughout the world. There is a mystique and a romance about it which no other club can match.

"I have always felt an affinity with Old Trafford; it has hosted some important memories for me in my career and I have always enjoyed a rapport with the United fans. I’m looking forward to being their manager and enjoying their magnificent support in the coming years."

#MUFC

Last edited by Valkyrja on Fri May 27, 2016 1:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho appointed Mannchester United manager Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho appointed Mannchester United manager

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 23, 2016 9:16 pm

inb4 Giggs Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho appointed Mannchester United manager Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho appointed Mannchester United manager

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 23, 2016 9:30 pm

my top IT.Ks are telling me it's gonna be mourinho :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 23, 2016 9:38 pm

Will be missed Sad

instead we get Mourinho who was last entertaining in 2011
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Mon May 23, 2016 9:44 pm

Mind-blowing that Giggs is even in contention.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon May 23, 2016 9:44 pm

Hope he moves to an actual big club.

Last edited by windkick on Tue May 24, 2016 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Think he is retiring

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon May 23, 2016 10:16 pm

gonna miss him Sad

LVG's Red Army Molenation
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 23, 2016 10:51 pm

i will miss the 352/343
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue May 24, 2016 5:24 am

Thank you for the FA cup, for Martial and for Rashford.

Memories
Proud Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 25, 2016 1:25 pm

I give Warren Joyce credit for Rashford.

I still maintain, and I've seen many reds agree, that if Rooney wasn't out for the game v Midgytland, Rashford wouldn't have been selected by LVG. But he scored 2 goals in that match, then 2 again in the following match against Arsenal....and that was that.

Playing youth was due to the hand he was dealt with.

FA cup win was won by our players, he had Young playing as CF in the final :facepalm: Had nothing to do with LVG and his tactical mess.

I give him credit for bringing in Martial. That's all!

So relieved he's gone.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 27, 2016 1:32 pm

Official
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 27, 2016 2:23 pm

The players had a problem with an egotistical, over cautious manager who refused to play expansive, attacking football and alienated the same players who work under him.

So they got Mourinho.

Terrible choice from United. Hope they continue to rot. At least Van Gaal was adventurous with giving the youth chances and people shouldn't let Man U fans and their anti LvG propaganda take that away from him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Can't wait to watch him kick that hipster's ass Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri May 27, 2016 4:14 pm

So that's curtains for Rashford at United then right?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri May 27, 2016 4:23 pm

CBarca wrote:The players had a problem with an egotistical, over cautious manager who refused to play expansive, attacking football and alienated the same players who work under him.

So they got Mourinho.

Terrible choice from United. Hope they continue to rot. At least Van Gaal was adventurous with giving the youth chances and people shouldn't let Man U fans and their anti LvG propaganda take that away from him.

First of all I am not a pro Mourinho guy or anything and view this appointment with utmost skepticism if not anything else.
But to accuse the man of being even more boring and negative than LvG is i am sorry bs clearly.

You wont understand unless you dont experience it. We scored 48 goals this season. Wait a sec and let that sink in. 48 fricking goals. We won 70 % of our games scoring a single goal and we had like 5 shots every game even against piss poor oppositions.
LvG and his defenders will have excuses aplenty like injuries and shit. But that wont let him off the hook. The man considered Ashley Young as a CF and employed him there. Thats the extend of his idiocy. Then there are plenty like that which i am not even getting into.

Yes he gave youth the chance, but he conveniently took them out too when senior players became available again. Like for eg. CBJ didnt get a single appearance after the uber shit Rojo returned from injury. Likewise Varela, Fosu mensah.
Andreas Pereira is one of our most talented prospects and he cos of his(lvg's) stubbornness got alienated.
Rashford kept on scoring to the extent it was impossible for the old man to drop him.

As far as Jose's style goes. Dont care if he parks the bus away from home. SAF employed the same tactic towards the end of his reign. Went to not lose and countered through wings which is exactly similar to Jose.
And Jose will setup to win and score at home against scrub teams too unlike vangaal.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri May 27, 2016 4:47 pm

"I think I prefer to forget the past 3 years." hmm
Hope he wont include youth in the things he prefer forget. Neutral

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Jose Mourinho: "Some managers last won the title 10 years ago...last time I did was 1 year ago."

Guy is obsessed with Arsene lol. There needs to be a restraining order put against him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:31 pm

confirmed 4th fundamental player will be joining

Pogbito Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down