dostoevsky
IzzyC08
Brigate Rossonere
20 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Comments from Milanello - Page 3 Empty Re: Comments from Milanello

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:05 pm

MILANO - In the press conference ahead of Brazil's second match of the Copa America against Paraguay, Pato declared that: "Playing alongside Ganso, Neymar and Robinho menas playing alongside the new generation of players: Ibrahimovic is different at Milan because he is a target man while Neymar and Robinho play out wide."

IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:05 pm

MILANO - Even Thiago Silva spoke from Brazil's retreat: "I know Pato well and he will prove everyone wrong. This season he scored 14 goals for Milan and he hasn't forgotten how to score, I am sure he will score on Saturday against Paraguay."
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:35 pm

AC Milan defender Thiago Silva has voiced his belief that Napoli star Marek Hamsik would fit in well at the Serie A champions and has urged the club to make a move for the Slovakian international.

Hamsik recently stated that a move to San Siro would benefit his career, and Silva feels it would be in AC Milan's interest if the midfielder moves to the Scudetto winners.

"Hamsik would fit in perfect in [head coach Massimiliano] Allegri's plans. He could be crucial in our attempt to go further in next year's Champions League," the Brazilian was quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"If Milan manage to lure Hamsik to the club, the club's transfer campaign is worth a 10. He has a lot of class and personality. He is a No.10 and [CEO Adriano] Galliani has made it clear that that's his primary objective."

Silva, who is currently in Argentina competing in the Copa America, went on to say that Hamsik has shown courage by expressing his desire to join AC Milan, and has asked his club to do the same.

He added: "Hamsik has publicly spoken up about his desire to move and that takes a lot of courage. In football, it's usually all right to think these kind of things, but you can't speak up. Milan must show the same courage toward him."

The 23-year-old has a contract until the summer of 2015 with Napoli, and club president Aurelio De Laurentiis recently stated that an offer in the region of €40 million (£36m) is needed to lure the player from the Stadio San Paolo.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:30 pm

A.C Milan legend, Paolo Maldini, has hailed the impact of club manager, Massimiliano Allegri, and praised the new signings.

Allegri joined Milan as a replacement to Leonardo, who was sacked before the start of the 2010/11 season. The tactician made only few changes to his squad but developed a team of winning mentality. The former Napoli midfielder helped the club to win the Scudetto after seven year drought.

Maldini is surprised by the instant success of former Cagliari tactician and believes that he has transformed Milan into a complete unit. The 43-year-old added that the Italian champions have started playing the fluid football, which they used to play in his times. Maldini is impressed with the character Allegri has shown in handling of players, board and media.

Talking to the reporters Maldini said, "Milan is by far the most complete team in Italian football. It's a team that after so much has returned to play aggressively. Allegri surprised me with the personality that he has demonstrated in selecting players and relationships with those same players. The same goes for Allegri's relationships with the board and the press"

The former Italian defender praised the new signings, Stephan El-Shaarawy, Philippe Mexes and Taye Taiwo. Maldini believes that Allegri has added the right mix of players and it will help him to achieve domestic and European success. The former Italian skipper has welcomed fresh blood in the team and believes that it will help the club in succeeding in the European competitions.

"Mexes, Taivo and El Shaarawy are worthy signings of a management that wants to strengthen their squad. Which is a good sign. To excel in Italy, Milan doesn't really need anything more, but to excel in Europe, Milan must sign young and strong players".

Maldini added that he would love to see Napoli midfielder, Marek Hamsik, at Milan. The Italian added that he is a player of right mentality for the club and will be a huge success if he joins the Italian champions.

IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:55 am

All fingers seem to be pointing towards hamsik atm
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:57 am

uzonero wrote:All fingers seem to be pointing towards hamsik atm

Well not necessarily You can ask someone a question about how they feel about the Hamsik situation and they can give their honest input, but then you have Napoli waving their finger in the air saying NOPE and claiming Inter have a better chance.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:11 pm

MILAN - "Colombia deserved to win," said Milan's Colombian defender Mario Yepes after the goalless draw with Argentina in the Copa America. "It is a good result, but Colombia has deserved more. We had the best scoring chances and their goalkeeper was man-of-the-match." Yepes also praised the Colombian coach Hernan Dario Gomez. "It was thanks to him, everything went according to plan. When we won the ball back we played well, we created many chances and we lacked only the final finish."
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Yepes was right, Colombia deserved the three points, Argentina looked poor!
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:34 pm

AC Milan will be fighting for the Scudetto and Champions League trophies next season, insists coach Massimiliano Allegri.

The former Cagliari tactician led Milan to the title in his maiden season, but they fell well short of the Champions League, crashing out against Premier League side Tottenham, and Allegri demands improvement ahead of the new campaign, believing his team have the quality to go far.

"We want to win the Scudetto once again and do better in the Champions League," the coach told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Last year we went out [of the Champions League] too early. This time we hope to get to the stages that matter."

The Serie A champions last won the Champions League in 2007 when they defeated Liverpool 2-1 in Athens, thanks to a double from striker Filippo Inzaghi.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Apparently Mr. X will be a mezz’ala

Galliani:
Mr. X is a mezz’ala, because this is what Allegri asked me for,” Galliani, who sounded a bit concerned over the future of the market yesterday following the decision of the court to fine Fininvest said.

“If [Aurelio] De Laurentiis says €40m will cover their costs then there is no chance of seeing Hamsik at Milan. Ganso? Let’s just leave him alone, he had already been injured twice, and it takes time for these things. Danilo is a very good player, but he’s a right-back and we have Abate, who is doing very well.”

“It seems that no one has arrived but I remember the names of Mexes, Taiwo, El Shaarawy & Paloschi,” he concluded. Milan will probably have more answers on the market on Tuesday, after Berlusconi speaks."

Translation: mezz’ala is a box to box midfielder

Montolivo anybody????
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:45 pm

a box to box mid?Really?Where the hell is the creative mid?....

oh lawd,well play ugly football like most of last season Sad
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Nah, Allegri has it. :coffee:
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:25 pm

Milantildeath wrote:Apparently Mr. X will be a mezz’ala

Galliani:
Mr. X is a mezz’ala, because this is what Allegri asked me for,” Galliani, who sounded a bit concerned over the future of the market yesterday following the decision of the court to fine Fininvest said.

“If [Aurelio] De Laurentiis says €40m will cover their costs then there is no chance of seeing Hamsik at Milan. Ganso? Let’s just leave him alone, he had already been injured twice, and it takes time for these things. Danilo is a very good player, but he’s a right-back and we have Abate, who is doing very well.”

“It seems that no one has arrived but I remember the names of Mexes, Taiwo, El Shaarawy & Paloschi,” he concluded. Milan will probably have more answers on the market on Tuesday, after Berlusconi speaks."

Montolivo anybody????

Arturo Vidal anybody??? Afro

How about Andrea Poli??? 🐰
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:03 am

Is Poli worthy of the the Mr. X title yet?
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 am

Milantildeath wrote:Is Poli worthy of the the Mr. X title yet?

No, but not many that we are looking at are. 🐘
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:24 am

Actually I would be pleased with Seydou Keita coming to play for us. He can play as Box-to-Box and is very versatile. He would fit in nicely as he is already a champion. I think Galliani and Allegri should hop up and seize this opportunity to sign a great player such as Keita. Montolivo is another excellent choice but he tends to have inconsistency to worry about.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:26 am

I'd take Montolivo, younger, used to Italy, no Language barrier
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:29 am

Milantildeath wrote:I'd take Montolivo, younger, used to Italy, no Language barrier

Yeah but Keita is the more complete footballer. I would take Honda over Montolivo too. I want Italians on the squad but there are great players out there that we could be picking up and we need to start setting it up before they get scooped because we can't always count on a last minute stunner.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:33 am

Montolivo has the ability to be great, he is already a very good footballer.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:37 am

Milantildeath wrote:Montolivo has the ability to be great, he is already a very good footballer.

No doubt he's a very good footballer, but at the end of the day I'd always rather have Keita or Honda out there out of those 3. I just have my doubts about Montolivo's consistency.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:24 pm

MILANO - "When we win I don't like to give percentages." Adriano Galliani was speaking from Bolgheri, near Livorno, about the merits of a winning formula. "I am convinced that in order to reach important goals everyone has a part to play, it is divided into three, the club, the players and the coach. When all three elements come together, like this year, then you win. Each element on its own has no power."
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:24 pm

MILANO - On Saturday night Adriano Galliani, flanked by Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri, spoke of AC Milan's future in the beautiful surroundings of the Bolgheri Melody as he enjoyed the searing summer heat: "I have spoken to president Berlusconi and he is reactive. He is a fantastic person and he reacts even to the hardest of blows. Obviously it is a problem, compensation of 560 million euro is biggest payout ever seen in Europe, that is 560 million euro that will disappear from the group's liquid assets. President Berlusconi will be at Milanello on Tuesday and he will outline what the future holds. The club holds a special place in the President's heart, he loves the club, his creation. In the 25 years that Berlusconi has been in charge the club has gone from the corridors of the court houses, where we found it, to being the most successful club in the world with 27 trophies, 14 in Italy and 13 abroad plus another 13-14 second places. It will be up to the president to talk. Obviously this isn't something that is good for Finivest and for Milan but let's wait to hear what Silvio Berlusconi has to say. I know how much he loves this club, I have been working by his side before we got into football, since the days I sold 50% of my company back in 1979 and I am sure he will do all he can to keep Milan at the top, where they have been since he has been in charge."
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:25 pm

MILAN - Here is what Massimiliano Allegri had to say about last season in the heart of his Tuscany, just a few kilometres from Livorno where he comes from: "Thirty-three percent of the credit for the Scudetto that Adriano Galliani gave to me I will take but while I acknowledge the important role a coach plays for a team the whole staff are important, the doctor and the whole staff that work with me while the club is fundamental. When the foundations of the club are strong in difficult moments, and in the 25 years of Berlusconi's presidency Milan have always demonstrated this strength, there is nearly everything. This year I was lucky enough that the club signed top players, a coach can be as good as they like but it becomes difficult to win without key players ... last year Milan has made ​​a big recruitment drive, divided in two, in August and January when there were really very few available, we did struggle to get 18 players available to play and on the bench. We also had a contribution from young players, Strasser's goals at Cagliari give us three important points at a time when it was not easy with all the injured players who were out. Then I was given three players such as Van Bommel, Emanuelson and Cassano thanks to the availability of the lads, all together, all in a group, we had a great season."
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Galliani:

Montolivo anybody????

this would mean that Flamini or Gattuso are leaving us . Yet another box to box midfielder , not mention Ambrosini who can play there as well... Would like to see Montolivo in Milan as well
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Dante13 wrote:

Galliani:

Montolivo anybody????

this would mean that Flamini or Gattuso are leaving us . Yet another box to box midfielder , not mention Ambrosini who can play there as well... Would like to see Montolivo in Milan as well

I don't see why Flamini would leave scratch and there is no real need to get rid of Gattuso because he'll probably be leaving after this year. I only see maybe two defenders going and then we will purchase a LCM.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:14 pm

IzzyC08 wrote:
Dante13 wrote:

Galliani:

Montolivo anybody????

I don't see why Flamini would leave scratch and there is no real need to get rid of Gattuso because he'll probably be leaving after this year. I only see maybe two defenders going and then we will purchase a LCM.

Montolivo-Flamini-Gattuso and Ambrosini

aren't they enough box to box midfielders? i could be wrong of course and we shall need another one
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next