IzzyC08
Brigate Rossonere
20 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Comments from Milanello - Page 5 Empty Re: Comments from Milanello

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 am

MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI
"It would have been nice to have reached the final but penalties are a lottery. Some of the players did well and some less so. I feel there is still plenty of room for improvement. For the first outing I have to be satisfied but we could have defended better after going a goal ahead and we had another good chance through Cassano. We definitely need to improve our physical condition. Schweinsteiger was the difference for Bayern."

ALESSANDRO NESTA
"We came up against a Bayern side that were further ahead in their preparation than us. We lacked speed and it's a pity we didn't make it 2-0. Matches like his help in terms of speed and getting into the tempo of a match. We'll improve this aspect through the second half of pre-season training."

DANIELE BONERA
"It's a pity it ended in just a draw but we know where we are in our preparation, Bayern have ambitions to win the Champions League. We are not worried ahead of August 6th, we will be ready."

IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:57 am

Massimiliano Allegri and Gianluca Zambrotta gave their reaction after the match with Internacional:

MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI
"We played well in the first quarter of an hour then we tired slightly and couldn’t hold on to our advantage. Now we’ll throw ourselves fully into the second stage of our pre-season so that we are in peak condition for August 6th in Beijing. We must respect Cagliari because they will prove to be a team to be feared on the first day of the season, playing there is never easy.”

GIANLUCA ZAMBROTTA
"The penalty shoot-out certainly didn’t go in our favour although it was a good performance overall. We are aware we are behind the other teams in terms of preparation, but only because we started later. Today we played differently, taking advantage of the quick ball forward; we understood some of the mistakes we made yesterday and this helped us play better today. We’ll be at the same stage as Inter. The new season is interesting because we’ll meet all the teams aiming to qualify for the Champions League at the start of the campaign, even if starting with Cagliari won’t be easy.”
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:32 pm

AC Milan defender Alessandro Nesta believes his side need to improve following the setback to Bayern Munich in the Audi Cup.

The Italian side lost 5-3 on penalties to Bayern on Tuesday night after the game finished 1-1 in normal time.

Massimiliano Allegri's side looked rusty at times, and Nesta agrees there is more work to be done.

"We played a Bayern team who were well ahead of us [in terms of preparation]," Nesta told Milan's official website.

"They are better and they are ahead of us, where as we are lacking pace."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored for Milan while Toni Kroos replied for Bayern. Antonio Cassano missed a sitter when one-on-one against Manuel Neuer during normal time and Nesta regrets the missed opportunity to put the game out of reach.

"It's a shame we did not go 2-0 up, but games like these are necessary to help us gain speed as well as find our match tempo," he added.

"I think we need to improve in this aspect, and the second half of pre-season will help us to do this."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi believes Serie A will continue to be dominated by Inter and current champions AC Milan.

The San Siro-based clubs have shared title matters since the Calciopoli scandal of 2006. Inter dominated for five years before city rivals Milan finally broke their grip on Scudetto affairs by winning it last season.

Napoli, Juventus and Roma have all strengthened for the new season as they aim for the big time, but Moggi feels they might as well ditch plans for glory.

"I think the two Milanese sides will play for the Scudetto for the next two or three years," Moggi told Radio Kiss Kiss.

"I don't think Napoli are on the level to challenge those two clubs."

Asked whether a new striker could help Walter Mazzarri's men aim for the title, Moggi said: "I don't believe so."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:16 pm

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani believes striker Antonio Cassano needs to shed a few pounds following a less than perfect pre-season thus far.

The 29-year-old struggled during the club's involvement in the Audi Cup and he missed a penalty in the loss to Brazilian club Internacional on Wednesday evening.

Cassano has been criticised for failing to shine in Germany, and Galliani has asked the Italy international to maximise his effort in training.

"He [Cassano] must work to lose weight, but he is still a great talent," Galliani told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Milan failed to pick up a win in the pre-season tournament at the Allianz Arena, losing to both Bayern Munich and Internacional on penalties.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Luciano Moggi believes AC Milan are a good bet to retain the Scudetto in the 2011-12 season.

The former Juventus transfer director does not believe Inter have enough strength to challenge Massimiliano Allegri's side.

Milan finished six points ahead of their city rivals last term, and Moggi feels it will be more of the same in the upcoming Serie A campaign.

"Milan's squad, though inferior, are favourites for the Scudetto next season," Moggi wrote in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column.

Inter have been linked with a move for wantaway Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, but Moggi has his doubts a deal with materialise.

"I am not sure about the rumours linking Tevez with Inter as even after many years, no-one understands what his role is," continued Moggi.

"I think it is best for [Inter president Massimo] Moratti to keep the players he has already."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Massimiliano Allegri spoke at Malpensa International Airport before he embarked on the Rossoneri’s flight to China.

The Milan coach said, "We have worked well enough these last two weeks. It’s important to have the right level of concentration because in Beijing we are playing for the first trophy of the season against Inter. I believe that , preparation aside, it being a one-off match it will be difficult, also because it will be very hot there and both legs and head will be required. The league will be very difficult, many teams have strengthened their squad, so starting off well in Beijing would be a good start.”
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:28 am

Adriano Galliani, AC Milan managing director, spoke at Milan Malpensa airport today just before the squad left for Beijing.

"Playing so far away is a little strange but that is what was decided so we have to adapt to the humidity of Beijing. I don't think Milan were slow on their feet in Munich, I saw a team in good shape and I hope we have a good game. I don't like to make predictions so we'll see what happens. Winning in Beijing would mean winning the 28th trophy of our career. I think Milan are getting better, now we have a week to train and we are good. There will be a lot of meetings with potential sponsors in China so we will be working hard.

For the moment Preziosi has not asked me for Cassano. There is time. If Antonio does not ask for a transfer request he will stay with us. The squad is complete, the only player who we want to bring in is a left sided midfielder. I am happy that Kakà is doing well but with the tax laws here in Italy we would not be able to meet his salary demands.
We are not particularly interested in Aquilani but we'll see. He is definitely a possibility because he is a left sided midfielder. Every player that plays in this role is a possibility and can come to Milan, even Ganso can play in that role although his natural position is a little different.

I spoke to Andrea Pazzagli a few months ago when he went to coach the Italy youth team goal keepers. He sent me his cd which was very amusing and very kind of him. We saw each other and it is incredible that a healthy guy of 51 dies like that. All my thoughts go to him and to his family, whom I got to know when I used to go on holiday at Punta Ala some years back. I was shocked when I heard the news."
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:34 am

Galliani: "Barcelona wanted Van Basten 20 years ago. We were then in a position to make him a convenient offer. Today he'd go to Barcelona.
Galliani: "France will also overtake us in the Uefa rankings because they've got the rights to Euro 2016 so they'll have new stadiums"

“Italian football is like a pizzeria”
Galliani, calls out: “PSG and City are expensive restaurants. Juve are ahead of us with their new stadium”.
Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Though having won the past two Milan derbies in the Italian championship, AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri played down the chance of beating Inter Milan in the Italian Super Cup on Saturday in Beijing .
"Winning the last two games does not mean we have the advantage," Allegri said during a press conference on Wednesday, after an open training session that attracted hundreds of local fans. "Both teams have their eyes on the Super Cup, we have to do our best to win."
Unlike his opponent, Allegri brought his star players who just came back from the Copa America with him, claiming that they would be in good form.
"Chinese fans would be so disappointed not seeing those world-class players like Robinho and Pato, that's also one reason why I brought them here." Allegri said.
Pato is looking forward to Saturday's game in the National Stadium, better known as the "Bird's Nest".
"The fans here are fantastic. Winning the title would be the best we can do in return," said the most sought-after star among Chinese fans. "It's a little bit different to play in the Bird's Nest instead of San Siro, but we had the same devotion and desire to win."
Asked if AC Milan would have Kaka back next season, Allegri refused to confirm that speculation.
"Kaka is now a player for Real Madrid, he's not our player. Yes, Milan needs world-level players but right now, I have trust in our current players. "
China Daily
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:45 pm

AC Milan attacker Alexandre Pato has stated that he's keen to stay at the Serie A champions until at least 2014 as he's keen to respect his ongoing contract.

The Brazil international was recently linked with a move to Premier League giants Chelsea, but Pato has no intention of bidding farewell to San Siro any time soon.

I have a contract with Milan until the summer of 2014 and I want to respect that. I want to stay at least until then. We'll have to wait and see what happens from there on," Pato said during a press conference, according to Il Corriere dello Sport.

The 21-year-old attacker joined Milan from Internacional in the summer of 2007 and has made well over 100 official appearances for the Italian powerhouse since making his official debut against Napoli in January 2008.

Pato played in important role in Milan's successful 2010-11 Serie A campaign as he was his side's joint top scorer with 14 strikes.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:46 pm

AC Milan captain Massimo Ambrosini is ready to light up the Bird's Nest on Saturday in the Supercoppa Italiana against Inter.

The 34-year-old midfielder believes his side can outmuscle their opponents, but is aware of the talent that their city rivals possess.

"It will be a very tough game against a great team," Ambrosini told La Repubblica.

"It is a final and we are playing at a peculiar time of the season seeing that we are only at the start.

"But it is a final and we hope to win it."

Speaking of his captaincy, the Italian said: "It is an honour and I am very proud. There is plenty of pressure, but it is something which gives you pride."

Kick off on Saturday is at 14:00 CET in Beijing. The Supercoppa sees last season's Scudetto winners Milan, take on Coppa Italia victors Inter.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:46 pm

AC Milan defender Alessandro Nesta insists he has no immediate plans to retire.

The 35-year-old stopper has been tipped to quit in 2012, when his current contract at San Siro expires. However, the former Lazio man feels he still has plenty to offer Milan.

"I want to carry on playing football for as long as possible," Nesta is quoted as saying by Milannews.it.

"I want to put off retirement, but I can see my future still being in football, although I don't know in what capacity."

Thiago Silva is seen as the heir to Nesta, and the Italian believes his team-mate will be able to fill his boots well.

"The best defender in the world, Thiago Silva, has stayed with us, so we are fine in defence," he concluded.

Milan take on Inter in the Supercoppa Italiana on Saturday.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:47 pm

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has voiced his concerns about the downfall of Italian football and has stated that France's Ligue 1 is in danger of overtaking Serie A in Uefa's coefficient rankings.

Italy will lose a Champions League place to the German Bundesliga starting from 2012-13, but Galliani fears that things will only get worse in the future as Ligue 1 is on the rise, too.

"Italian football has gone from being an exclusive restaurant to being a pizzeria and Ligue 1 has taken our position. However, I will continue to fight for Italian football, although we almost seem to be defeated," Galliani was quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Milan supremo then went on to explain that the foreign clubs simply have more financial resources, partially due to income from TV revenue deals.

"Are they [foreign teams] snatching our players? They are paying for them and a lot at that. Just have a look at the transfers of [Alexis] Sanchez and [Javier] Pastore.

"One of the reasons for the problems of Italian football is the way they share income from TV rights abroad. Whereas AC Milan earned €73 million in 2010-11, clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid made over €140m. That's quite a big difference."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:58 pm

AC Milan defender Mario Yepes has indicated he hopes his club will defeat Inter in the Supercoppa Italiana.

The San Siro outfit are currently in China, where they will be meeting their arch-rivals on Saturday for the first official Italian title of the season.

AC Milan are slightly favoured for the tie, after winning the Scudetto trophy last season, and Yepes expects that his side will deliver.

"On Saturday we have an important match, we hope to do well and win," the Colombian told Milan channel.

"We will see how the pitch and the atmosphere in the stadium will be. We wanted to play in Milan, but now we are here and we want to return home with the Supercoppa.

"I feel fine and I am happy to be working with the squad again, we are a great family."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:21 pm

MILANO – Coach Allegri at the Bird’s Nest stadium had this to say:

Inter? I don’t know how they’ll play or if they’ll be tactically different from before and I don’t know if Stankovic will play. Only Gasperini knows these things. If he plays he’ll definitely be an important player for them and for the game.Robinho or Pato? That’s never an easy choice. In any case, this is a final which could easily go to extra time and if that happens, I’ll need everyone. Perhaps the player who comes off the bench could even play more than the player who starts the game. Cassano, Robinho, Pato and Boateng are four players going for two places. The climate? We got here in Beijing and we’ve managed to get over the jet lag and we’re getting used to the climate. There’s rain forecast for tomorrow and in general I’m happy with the team and how we’ve been working up til now. Inter? The look like a good team, they’ve wonderful players and along with us they’re favorites for the title. I feel a bit more at ease before the second derby of last season. Here we’re both starting from the same point and we both have the same level of desire to win this cup. The fact that we’re the Italian Champions won’t affect the game. We know that we have the title to defend, but tomorrow is a one off game, a final. Neither me nor the team is thinking about the transfer market. We’re all focused on tomorrow’s game. There’ll be time later to think about the transfer window. We want to be more competitive in the Champions League and we will be. The target is to get to the quarter finals at the very least, but that’s something we’ll talk about after the game tomorrow. The pictures from the training session? If anyone is able to work out how the game will go based on pictures from training, I’ll give them a prize. Nothing can be read into the pictures from the training session. Especially the session before the game, there’s nothing particularly shocking to be discovered. Cassano? For someone who is not here with us, not a part of this team, it’s difficult to talk about what happens between the players and the staff. Cassano needs the same support that all the rest of the players get. Since we’ve been here, he has improved his fitness.”

Here’s what Clarence Seedorf had to say

“I hope to keep on winning with this team. It’s true that I also played with Inter in my career, but Milan have given me so much in the last few years. We’ll see on the pitch if Inter play with three at the back, but even if they do, they can always change things up during the game and go to a back four. We should be focused on our own characteristics and work on them. I feel in very good form. I work hard every day. I watch what I eat and my strength comes from the motivation that I still have within me. Sneijder? I don’t know if he plays better as a playmaker or in front of the defense. He’s definitely a great player, he knows the game and Ajax is a great football school. Italy is still the most attractive country to play football in. I understand Galliani when he talks about economic problems but it’s also true that Italy has some fantastic players and when I talk to players abroad, it’s clear that Italian football is still seen in the same way as it was 20 years ago. Cassano? He and the club will do the right thing. Last season he helped the team a lot.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:49 am

After Milan’s 2-1 success over Inter, the Rossoneri players were only too happy to give their opinion on how the Beijing Super Cup match went.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: “We have started with a great victory. This is an important match for us and we are all delighted with the win. We have worked hard for a month – we can still do better – however, we are going home with the trophy. I am trying to do my best for the team. I am working hard to arrive where I want to arrive. It's thanks to my team mates that I am doing so well, without them I would be nothing. I scored thanks to Seedorf, however the build up was perfect with everybody making the right movement and the ball was played right in front of the goal, what else could I do if not put it into the net?

We didn't play to our best in terms of quality, but both physically and mentally we were really strong, like we always are. The playing side can be improved on, which is normal, after only a month's training it's difficult to play extremely well, but not playing well but being able to win is an important quality to have. Let's keep it this way, the team wants to win, I want to win, we are Milan and we are obliged to win because this is the club mentality. The history and tradition of the club impose this on us and this group is used to winning and the winning mentality is ingrained here, and we intend to continue this tradition.”

Ignazio Abate: “It went well considering I played despite not training for five days. They put us in difficulty with their pressing game, while in the second half there was only one team on the pitch. It was extremely hot out there and they seemed fitter than us. In the first half we made a lot of simple passing mistakes, but let’s not forget we are still in our pre-season. In the second half we saw the true strength of our group. We knew we would have turned the match around, although not one of us was 100% sure. In the dressing room we said that now was the moment to push on.”

Kevin Prince Boateng: “I feel great, it was important to win our first match. The first half was tough, they put a lot of pressure on us, but in the second half we focused perfectly on our target and we did what we needed to do. We just needed to wait for their mistakes and that’s how we punished them. At was at the right place for my goal because Pato shot and tucked it away. It is positive for us to have won this trophy because it will help us start the season strongly.”

Christian Abbiati: “We have shown that we are in form even if we suffered early on. There started the first half strongly. After the break the real Milan emerged from the tunnel and we deserved to win, which against Inter is made even sweeter. In my opinion, I should have reached that free-kick. I was sure I had saved it. I would have to resort to strong language to explain how I felt when I turned around and saw the ball was in the net. Now we can enjoy our two days off then we’ll turn our attention to the league.”

Alessandro Nesta: “We played poorly in the first half, lacking composure and determination, while in the second half we played better. This year everybody will be out to beat us because we won the title – but we must build on these victories. Winning after trailing is a step forward for us because it was something we never managed to achieve last season. There is still time to improve our fitness. I think Pato did well in attack, perhaps due to the intense competition there between the forwards.”
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:02 am

Adriano Galliani and Massimiliano Allegri shared their joy with the microphones of Milan Channel at the end of the match. The CEO and coach were overjoyed with the victory over Inter.

Galliani: “We are now at 28, this is the 15th national trophy which we can add to the 13 international trophies. So 28 trophies in 25 years, almost 26 now because the new campaign has almost begun. We hope to add more success and reach 30 sooner rather than later. I've just spoken to the president and I congratulated him because I remind him that Milan was in the law courts on the verge of bankruptcy before Silvio Berlusconi bought the club. I am happy we have pleased our Chinese fans, everybody saw how many of the supporters in the stadium were Milan fans and I actually told the players to run up to the section of the Milan support because it was like playing in front of the Curva Sud because the support here in China was fantastic, they sung the Milan club songs like back home. An amazing following, which I never thought would have been like this, it really has been something special. The contract to play here in Beijing wasn’t signed by Milan but by Lega Serie A and the next two of the three Super Cups will be played here in China, so we have to set ourselves the target play in these other two matches. I feel sorry for our fans in Milan but I am sure that they celebrated in front of the TV’s back home as if they had been at the San Siro.

"What did I feel? I was punching the air all over the place for the second goal. I even punched an advertising hoarding and injured my hand. This trophy is vastly important, a one-off match, but it doesn’t mean anything as far as the league goes because there are 38 matches in Serie A, which make it completely different. Now our aim is to retain the title, although this competition was very important.”

Allegri: “It was normal that in theory we could have had an approach like we had because it was practically only the second important match that the team has played and we could have had difficulty maintaining possession,and that’s how it was. However, we didn't allow them so many shots on goal even if Inter did enjoy the bulk of possession. The first chance came our way and also Ibrahimovic hit the post, while we didn't allow them any chances. The second half was another game altogether, we were more courageous, we ran more, and I think we deserved the victory. "I was lucky not to have substituted Boateng. Sometimes it’s better to wait an extra minute before making a change, also Boateng was feeling good. It was worth a trophy, it was a special match and I think for the first true match of the year, it was an entertaining encounter. This Super Cup completes the league title won last season.”
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:52 am

AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has urged his team-mates to maintain their winning habit following the Supercoppa Italiana victory over arch-rivals Inter.

The Sweden international cancelled out Wesley Sneijder's opener in Beijing before Kevin-Prince Boateng netted what was to be the winning goal on 69 minutes, as the Serie A holders picked up their first trophy of the new campaign.

"We didn't play to our best in terms of quality, but both physically and mentally we were really strong, like we always are," he told Milan's official website.

"The playing side can be improved on, which is normal, after only a month's training it's difficult to play extremely well, but not playing well but being able to win is an important quality to have.

"Let's keep it this way, the team wants to win, I want to win, we are Milan and we are obliged to win because this is the club mentality. The history and tradition of the club impose this on us and this group is used to winning and the winning mentality is ingrained here, and we intend to continue this tradition.”

Ibrahimovic also took time to appreciate the contribution of his colleagues on the field and enthused: "We have started with a great victory. This is an important match for us and we are all delighted with the win.

"We have worked hard for a month – we can still do better – however, we are going home with the trophy. I am trying to do my best for the team. I am working hard to arrive where I want to arrive.

"It's thanks to my team-mates that I am doing so well, without them I would be nothing. I scored thanks to [Clarence] Seedorf, however the build up was perfect with everybody making the right movement and the ball was played right in front of the goal, what else could I do if not put it into the net?"
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:54 am

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has expressed his joy at seeing his side come back from behind to beat arch-rivals Inter 2-1 in the Supercoppa Italiana on Saturday.

The Serie A champions were on the back foot for most part of the match after Wesley Sneijder put the Coppa Italia holders in front midway through the first-half, but goals in quick succession from Kevin-Prince Boateng and Zlatan Ibrahimovic after the hour mark ensured the red half of Milan would bask in Super Cup glory, much to the relief of Allegri.

"It was a difficult game, and a difficult game to start the season with, it was not easy," admitted Allegri, according to Calciomercato. "We did not start well but we never gave up. We grew in stature and then rewarded our hard work with two goals.

"It was a great victory and we must show the same spirit from the second-half for the rest of the season."

The 43-year-old was then quizzed on possible new arrivals before the end of August, but unsurprisingly, the coach was in no mood to discuss their transfer plans, and wanted the occasion to be dedicated to their Supercoppa winners on the field.

"Reinforcements? Right now I'm happy with the guys at my disposal, because they are all great players with great personality."

Milan will now proceed to prepare for their Serie A opener on August 27, with an away trip to Allegri's former side Cagliari.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:55 am

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani believes his side will pose more of a challenge in the Champions League next season.

Massimiliano Allegri's men were ousted by Tottenham at the last 16 stage last term, a result that left the club's fans disappointed despite their fine Serie A performance.

However, the Milan chief feels players like Antonio Cassano, recently linked with a move to Fiorentina, will be able to make a difference after being cup-tied last season.

"Players like Mark Van Bommel, Urby Emanuelson and Antonio Cassano could not play for us [in the Champions League] last season," Galliani told Milan Channel.

"So, to play in the Champions League, we can say that we have strengthened."

And speaking of the Supercoppa Italiana clash against Inter in China on Saturday, Galliani is expecting both sides to struggle with the heat of Beijing.

"The climatic conditions are very difficult and humidity is 90 per cent," he added.

"But it is the same thing for Inter."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Alexandre Pato has expressed his delight after helping ensure AC Milan ran out Supercoppa Italiana winners against Inter on Saturday.

The forward replaced fellow countryman Robinho near the hour mark, and was involved in the build-up for the Rossoneri's second goal, where his shot was parried out by Inter goalkeeper Julio Cesar leaving Kevin-Prince Boateng to apply the the finish from the rebound, and Pato spoke of his joy in assisting the winner.

"I tried my best to lend a helping hand in the few minutes that I played. I managed to pull Julio Cesar out of his goal [and allow Boateng to score] and I'm delighted," the 21-year-old told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Much has been said about his inconsistent form with Zlatan Ibrahimovic in Milan's attack, but the ex-Internacional hitman has indicated that he would prefer to give an answer on the pitch.

"Well, I do not know," said Pato, when quizzed about his partnership with the Swede. "We must play together to find out. We always try and do our best to help AC Milan win."

AC Milan open the new campaign with a trip to Cagliari on August 27, after beating Inter 2-1 in the Supercoppa.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:18 pm

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has discussed his objectives for the future, and has set his sights on silverware in the upcoming seasons before retiring from professional football at the end of his current contract with AC Milan.

The Sweden international joined Milan from Barcelona in the summer of 2010 on a one-year loan deal and the Serie A giants made his stay at San Siro permanent back in June after a string of impressive performances in his first season with the club.

"I want to continue playing for two or three more seasons and want to win every possible trophy while wearing the jersey of Milan," Ibrahimovic was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"I will hang up my boots once I've met all these objectives and my contract with Milan expires."

The 29-year-old attacker has a deal until the summer of 2015 with the Serie A champions.

Ibrahimovic has won eight consecutive league titles in three countries, but has yet to win the Champions League during his career.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:19 pm

AC Milan defender Thiago Silva has stated that the Italian champions are determined to be successful in all competitions in the 2011-12 campaign.

The San Siro club started the season with a 2-1 win over arch rivals Inter in Saturday's Supercoppa Italiana clash, but Silva isn't satisfied with lifting one trophy, and also wants to triumph in Serie A, Coppa Italia and the Champions League.

"I am not joking when I say that this Milan team can win everything. We have already won one trophy, but there are still three prizes missing. AC Milan can win the Champions League, but so can teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United. We have a very strong team, though, and are more than just an outsider," Silva said to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We have already shown that we're the best in Italy with that comeback against Inter. I also want to win the Coppa Italia this term. You must always have the ambition to win if you play football."

Milan start the 2011-12 Serie A campaign with an away match against Cagliari on August 27.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:19 pm

AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has urged his team-mates to maintain their winning habit following the Supercoppa Italiana victory over arch-rivals Inter.

The Sweden international cancelled out Wesley Sneijder's opener in Beijing before Kevin-Prince Boateng netted what was to be the winning goal on 69 minutes, as the Serie A holders picked up their first trophy of the new campaign.

"We didn't play to our best in terms of quality, but both physically and mentally we were really strong, like we always are," he told Milan's official website.

"The playing side can be improved on, which is normal, after only a month's training it's difficult to play extremely well, but not playing well but being able to win is an important quality to have.

"Let's keep it this way, the team wants to win, I want to win, we are Milan and we are obliged to win because this is the club mentality. The history and tradition of the club impose this on us and this group is used to winning and the winning mentality is ingrained here, and we intend to continue this tradition.”

Ibrahimovic also took time to appreciate the contribution of his colleagues on the field and enthused: "We have started with a great victory. This is an important match for us and we are all delighted with the win.

"We have worked hard for a month – we can still do better – however, we are going home with the trophy. I am trying to do my best for the team. I am working hard to arrive where I want to arrive.

"It's thanks to my team-mates that I am doing so well, without them I would be nothing. I scored thanks to [Clarence] Seedorf, however the build up was perfect with everybody making the right movement and the ball was played right in front of the goal, what else could I do if not put it into the net?"
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:26 am

Barbara Berlusconi, daughter of AC Milan president and Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, admits that none of the club's players are without their market price, even her boyfriend Alexandre Pato.

Speaking to Vanity Fair, Barbara revealed: "Pato unsellable? Everyone is potentially sellable. Pato is no different."

The pair have been the subject of much speculation in the Italian press since they were first spotted alone together on the social scene in Milan in February. The couple have not previously spoken publicly of their romance, but recently took a short holiday together after Pato's Brazil were knocked out of the Copa America by Paraguay.

She admitted: "I was not ready to fall in love again but it happened and here I am. I feel like a normal girl who fell in love with a guy. I'm happy. Alexandre is a great person to share things with."

After bouncing back from his Copa America disappointment in helping Milan to win the Supercoppa Italiana against rivals Inter this past Saturday in Beijing, Pato's focus has now turned to the beginning of the Serie A season with his side's opener away to Cagliari on August 27.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next