dostoevsky
IzzyC08
Brigate Rossonere
20 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Comments from Milanello - Page 6 Empty Re: Comments from Milanello

Post by M99 Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:26 am

Barbara Berlusconi, daughter of AC Milan president and Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, admits that none of the club's players are without their market price, even her boyfriend Alexandre Pato.

Speaking to Vanity Fair, Barbara revealed: "Pato unsellable? Everyone is potentially sellable. Pato is no different."

The pair have been the subject of much speculation in the Italian press since they were first spotted alone together on the social scene in Milan in February. The couple have not previously spoken publicly of their romance, but recently took a short holiday together after Pato's Brazil were knocked out of the Copa America by Paraguay.

She admitted: "I was not ready to fall in love again but it happened and here I am. I feel like a normal girl who fell in love with a guy. I'm happy. Alexandre is a great person to share things with."

After bouncing back from his Copa America disappointment in helping Milan to win the Supercoppa Italiana against rivals Inter this past Saturday in Beijing, Pato's focus has now turned to the beginning of the Serie A season with his side's opener away to Cagliari on August 27.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:27 am

AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso believes that Zlatan Ibrahimovic should score more goals in Serie A.

Ibrahimovic netted the equaliser against city rivals Inter in the Supercoppa Italiana in Beijing on Saturday as Massimiliano Allegri’s side went on to win the game 2-1.

The Sweden striker scored 14 goals and provided 11 assists during Milan's title-winning campaign in 2010-11 but Gattuso believes that for a player of his quality, Ibrahimovic should find the back of the net more often.

"Someone like Ibra in Italy should score 30 goals a season. For a player of his quality, he scores too little," Gattuso told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Ibrahimovic was instrumental last season in leading Milan to their first Scudetto since 2004.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:27 am

Iker Casillas believes Italy star Antonio Cassano would not be out of place in the Spain squad as he looks ahead to the friendly between the European giants.

The 30-year-old knows Cassano well from their days together at Real Madrid and admits the AC Milan forward is one player who would have complimented the world champions.

The two teams will lock horns in Bari on Wednesday and the Spain captain heaped praise on his former team-mate.

"Who would I want from Italy in my Spain side? Cassano. He is crazy, but he has a great talent," Casillas told La Repubblica.

"You could tell from his time at Real Madrid that his quality was limitless. I was sad when he left."

Italy last played Spain in Euro 2008 when they lost 4-2 on penalties. The Spaniards went on to win the tournament.

Italy have not beaten Spain since World Cup 1994 when the legendary Roberto Baggio scored the winner in a 2-1 victory.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Milan - What follows is part of an interview Allegri gave to the Gazzetta dello Sport: "This is the most important birthday of my life, professionally speaking. Mister X? It is a fact that Italian clubs can no longer spend 50 million on a player so if somebody does arrive then it has to be an intelligent buy, not just anyone for the sake of spending money. Pirlo has left and so we are looking for a player to fill his shoes. A new cycle? I think so. I am a young coach and the squad, 8 out of 11, are under the age of 30. Ibrahimovic turned up after his holidays so relaxed and calm, something he never was last season. We will manage him differently: I prefer to have him 60 or 80% for the entire season rather than 100% only for six months. You'll see, he will have a very balanced season. We don't need an Ibra substitute because we have Pato. By the way if one of the South Americans wants to return before the 25th it would only make me happy..."

Allegri also gave an interview to the Corriere dello Sport: "Yes I am happy. My contract isn't a problem, we reached an agreement some time ago. A new player? If the chance comes along then we will take it, there is still a long way to go in the transfer window, there are still 20 days to go before it closes. The Milan derby? It is electric, I really realised this in Beijing. We were playing thousands of miles away from home and yet there was so much enthusiasm for our win. There were so many people waiting for us at the airport when we returned. Cassano? I spoke to him on the second day. I was very clear, he can stay and he can do very well but it is in his hands. Then obviously he needs to weigh up his own personal goals. Cassano is thinking about the Euros, he needs to play regularly. but here at Milan the difference can be felt in the motivations. We are thinking very seriously about the Champions League and we will definitely do better than last season."
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:43 pm

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has opened the door for Zlatan Ibrahimovic to stay at the club for the rest of his career.

On Monday Ibrahimovic claimed he wanted to win major trophies including the Champions League before hanging up his boots at San Siro.

And Galliani has said there is a good chance that the 29-year-old could retire at Milan.

"If he is happy to remain with us for the rest of his career then we will be happy to keep him here for life," Galliani is quoted as saying by Milannews.it.

Ibrahimovic was on the scoresheet at the weekend as he helped the club come back from behind to beat Inter 2-1 in the Supercoppa Italiana in Beijing.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Juventus coach Antonio Conte has voiced his opinion that reigning champions AC Milan and Coppa Italia holders Inter are the favourites to win the Serie A title this term.

The Turin side only finished seventh in the table in 2010-11 and although they have made several signings this summer, Conte doesn't consider Juventus to be among the top favourites for the Scudetto just yet.

"The favourites for the Scudetto? AC Milan and Inter have a great chance to win the league. They again confirmed their class in the Supercoppa Italiana clash in Beijing," Conte was quoted as saying by Il Corriere dello Sport.

"Behind those two there's Napoli who have been working under the same coach for one-and-a-half years, have their own identity and have some very committed players. Lazio have also done a great job on the transfer market."

Juventus will start their Serie A campaign with an away match against Udinese on August 28.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has said AC Milan are in pole position to defend their Serie A title ahead of the new season.

Milan blitzed their way to the Scudetto last term, finishing six points ahead of their city rivals Inter.

And the 26-year-old, who featured in Italy's 2-1 friendly win over world champions Spain on Wednesday, believes Massimiliano Allegri's men are the team to beat.

"It's right that Milan start ahead of the rest, they are favourites and I think Inter are a step behind them," Chiellini told Milannews.it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:45 pm

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri is confident that the San Siro giants have what it takes to retain their Serie A title and added that he considers Inter to be their main rivals in the race for the Scudetto.

Allegri's men finished six points ahead of their inter-city rivals in 2010-11 and the successful tactician expects yet another battle between the two Milan-based clubs.

"I see Inter as our most dangerous rivals for the Serie A title, but I still consider us to be the favourites. I'm confident that we can make it two league titles in a row and we're very motivated ahead of the new season," Allegri said to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Milan coach then went on to discuss his club's ambition in the transfer market and revealed that they are not interested in signing another striker.

"We don't need a back-up for [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic. We already have [Alexandre] Pato, who has made a lot of progress as a striker. His movement is a lot better and he's becoming quite clinical in front of goal."

Milan started the 2011-12 campaign with a 2-1 Supercoppa Italiana win over Inter last weekend and are currently preparing for the league opener against Cagliari on August 27.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:55 pm

alex as a back up?what the hell,is he going to bench pato AGAIN?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Ganso wrote:alex as a back up?what the hell,is he going to bench pato AGAIN?

what I posted up above in red is is the entire interview even though it wasn't much. It seems like he doesn't want to wear Pato out plus he seems to prefer Robinho, who is much more in sync with Ibra then Pato, because Robinho basically can do anything Pato can do except score like Pato. Pato is a CF I don't see why we would want 2 CF's on the pitch with him and Ibra, although Ibra could easily play either position, in fact I prefer him as our SS but I don't think Ibra would want it and Allegri seems to have them in this system so I see no problems with it.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Pato should start,we must realize that ibra's greatest quality is his passing and we need someone who can finish on his side,If Pato plays like he did yesterday for brazil he must have his spot,he got all his flair back and his passing was much better.Pato and Ibra can be the deadliest striker partnership and we dont even know it.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:07 pm

Ganso wrote:Pato should start,we must realize that ibra's greatest quality is his passing and we need someone who can finish on his side,If Pato plays like he did yesterday for brazil he must have his spot,he got all his flair back and his passing was much better.Pato and Ibra can be the deadliest striker partnership and we dont even know it.

Well I'm sure Allegri knows all about all the player's qualities and strengths, I mean he trains them almost everyday.

IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Coach Allegri and Zlatan Ibrahimovic spoke during the press conference. This is what they had to say:

Massimilano Allegri

"We are happy to be here in Sweden to play an important game for us and for our preparation. We're playing against a team that we could meet in the Champions League.

The win in the Super Cup allows us to prepare in the best of ways. I have an exceptional group and they are more motivated than last season and our preparations are going well. We have other games before the start of the season and we will be the team to beat when the league starts.

Last year we had new players arrive on the 31st August and then in January other players arrived as well. The first six months we built the team and Ibra a crucial factor. This year the players know each other better and I am convinced that I am coaching a quality team. When we decide to play we can beat anyone and we showed that during the second half of the Super Cup.

I don't know if today's team will be the same side as the one that will face Cagliari. We don't have Nesta, Seedorf and Flamini and I hope to have these players back for the Berlusconi Trophy. The Brazilians return on the 24th and I think they will be available for the first game even though they have been on holiday for 15 days. We'll see."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

"I am really happy to be here for this game. I know that Malmoe have other interesting games. Milan don't often come here and nor do I so it is a special occasion. I hope the weather holds out.

It is fantastic and everyone is talking about this event. It is fun, this is where I started out. Malmoe is in me heart and my thoughts and I am back home in my stadium. This is where I had was given my first chance and I will always be thankful to the club for that. I was onlt here as a kid, it was a short period of my career but I am really happy to be here.

If one day I return to Sweden then it will be at Malmoe but for now I want to keep playing at a high level for a few more years. We'll see what happens in the future. It is a great honour for me to come back here.

Last season I had one goal, I wanted to win with a big team. It was the first year that I felt tired half way through the season but I wanted to win and it went well.

The first year I felt psychologically tired and Allegri helped me a lot to ease my stress and so I don't think it will happen again.

We are Milan and we have to win and I feel good. Now I am only thinking about Milan and I will stay at Milan for a fey years.

I know Daniel Andersson at Malmoe, Hamed and lots of others. Last year they won. If you ask me Malmoe are the best tem but I know that many players want to come to Milan. I would like to see Pekalski arrive, he was injured but he is a great player. He is young but I like how he plays. He has a bright future.

We are a very strong team and we know what we need to do to win in Europe. It is too easy to talk we have to play well to be competetive and maybe we need a couple more players.

I believe in myself and I have various people close to me and they have faith in me. I hope to still be here in few years time. You have to believe in yourself, my dad wanted me to become a lawyer but I just wanted to play football. If my kids want to play football then that is fine, same as if they want to play tennis. But thy must go to school.

There isn't one player who is better than others...Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo...I like Rooney a lot too. It is difficult to say who is the best. These three are on the same level.

When I arrived at Milan I had to settle down because I hadn't started with the others. The pressure to win the scudetto was big. There was a lot of responsibility, also for the coach. We have a great relationship, sometimes we discuss things, other times he gets angry with me but that is fine. I wanted to show my ex team (Inter) that I was stronger and we won both derbies and the Super Cup.

I knew that coming to Milan was great opportunity, Milan gave me my smile back. I am happy here and I feel great. Then you never know in football but there is a great atmosphere here at the club. I have lots of fun here and I still have three years on my contract."
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:39 pm

MILAN – And here’s what the Rossoneri coach had to say: Tomorrow is an important game for us, it’s the continuation of our pre season training. There’ll be a bit of a celebration before the game but then we’ll be up against Juventus and they’ll do well this season. We have to be ready to play well technically, tactically and mentally. There’s only 6 days until the start of the season and we have to be ready. Mister X? At the moment, he’s not here. If he was, he wouldn’t be Mister X anymore. At the moment, all the players I have are here except for the south American who’ll join us on during the week. Pato and Robinho arrive on Tuesday, Thiago Silva and Yepes on Wednesday.

The other topics he touched on: Ibra is not yet training with the rest of the team, I don’t know if he’ll be back by Monday but he should be back training with the rest of them sometime next week. I’m counting on having Pato and Robinho back for the game against Cagliari. Cassano is in the best shape at the moment. Inzaghi stopped training mid week after feeling some pain in his knee. Pirlo? Andrea’s decision to leave, as Galliani has said many times, was down to a divergence of opinion over the length of his contract. It’s no coincidence that Juve have given him a three year contract. We could have found an alternative at the start of the transfer window, but then things changed…We’re already a strong group, but if another player comes in, it would be good. We haven’t found anyone yet but there’s still a week to go. Ibra and Robinho both arrived at the last minute last season. Will more than one player arrive? We’ll see. If only one comes, he’ll be a midfielder.

Still Massimiliano Allegri: In Europe at the moment, Barcelona are a cut above, but Milan can compete with all the others. But obviously if we’re drawn against Barcelona, we’ll take to the pitch as we always do. We won’t play as if we’re sure we’re going to lose. Last season unfortunately, the Champions League was a bit of an anomaly, we played Tottenham with a lot of players out injured and with three players who came in at January and couldn’t play in Europe. Cassano? It was never an issue. I think he can have a great season. When you’re at Milan with a squad of 20-25 players, everyone has to put in the effort and the work every day. That goes for everyone, for Ibrahimovic, for Thiago Silva, for Cassano, for everyone. Playing for Italy did Cassano some good and I think Prandelli’s comments helped him as well. Mourinho? No, I don’t want to talk about it, he coaches in the Spanish league. Seeing that scrap after the match wasn’t very pleasant, but Mourinho knows how to manage these things in the best way. El Shaarawy? He had an inflamed tendon and I think he’ll be available for selection in 15-20 days. I think Mexes will probably need a bit more time.

The last thing he had to say: Van Bommel won’t play tomorrow as he took a knock on his calf against Malmo, he was in a bit of pain this morning and I decided not to risk it. Pato and Robinho may well play some part against Cagliari. They’ve been out for only 10 days and they will have trained a bit even during their holidays. At the moment we’ve only the one striker as Ibra hurt himself against Malmo, otherwise I would let the Brazilians come back on the 24th.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Massimo Ambrosini has welcomed Alberto Aquilani to Milan, but warned that nobody can substitute Andrea Pirlo.

The latter left the Rossoneri over the summer to join Juventus, the same club who opted against signing Aquilani outright following his loan spell.

However, the midfielder is now on his way to San Siro after an agreement was reached with Liverpool.

“Pirlo can’t be replaced in terms of his character and personality, but it is unjust to make comparisons,” Ambrosini told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Andrea marked an era here, but whoever replaces him can do well by interpreting the role in a slightly different way.

“Aquilani will be useful because he has different characteristics to the midfielders who are already at the club.

“He played with consistency and recovered his fitness at Juventus. I don’t see a reason why he wouldn’t do well here.”

The former Roma youth product is expected to officially complete his move to Milan at some stage on Thursday.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:32 am

MILAN - Alberto Aquilani spoke exclusively to Milan Channel about his first impressions after training at the Milanello sports centre. "I'm happy to be here and I can't wait to start. I'm a lucky guy. Playing for Milan doesn't happen to everyone, it's a big chnace for me. There's a lot of guys here that I know from international duty or from Roma, great players. It's up to me to get into the team and win over the fans". The midfielder also spoke of his role on the pitch: "The Milan way of playing definitely suits me. I can play all over the midfield but I'll play wherever the coach says. It'll be up to him to link me up."

------------

Also from the official website:

MILAN – Yesterday on Alberto’s first day as a signed up Milan player Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish had this to say about Aquilani’s transfer. Dalgish praised the work done by the player at the Merseyside club in the summer of 2011. He wishes him the best for the future saying that Aquilani had never been a trouble maker and his transfer request was understandable. Words from a great manager of a great club. Liverpool fans are renowned for their passionate support all over the sporting world. The Kop anthem "You’ll Never Walk Alone" was even sung by Milan fans at the San Siro on 19 April 1989 in memory of the 96 victims of the Hillsborough disaster prior to the team's European Cup semi-final against Real Madrid. Liverpool was a feared rival in 2 classic Champions League finals and deserved the friendship and respect of all Milan fans.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:24 pm

MILAN – Here’s what Massimiliano Allegri had to say to the gathered press on the eve of Milan-Cesena:

“We’ll need the same spirit that we showed on the pitch against Udinese. We haven’t many players available. The same guys play every three days and we’ll need to play a similar game to the one we played on Wednesday. Cesena are well organized and dangerous on the counter attack. We’ll need this season’s first clean sheet.”

“The players I have available to me are all fine. We spoke with Galliani, but that’s an every day thing. We evaluated the injuries and the diagnosis is that they’re mostly from tackling. We hope to get the players back as quick as possible to get the entire squad back available.”

“The position on the table is the same: the draw was deserved despite the difficulties faced. Conceding a goal like that doesn’t happen often and the injury to Pato didn’t help matters. But at the same time we pulled together. We hit the post, put them under pressure and had a few chances.”

El Shaarawy: "A young guy, he should be left in peace rather than be given all this responsibility. Young players bring enthusiasm, even if we already have this, and some recklessness. I’m very happy with Cassano, he should do more, like everyone should, but the numbers speak for themselves. No one ever doubted his ability, but now he’s in good shape as well.”

Pato: "These repetitive injuries are not caused by a single trigger. We’ve examined the situation with the medical staff. We should be a bit more careful with him than we’ve been so far. We need to be by his side so that he gets back in top form both physically and mentally. We’ll try to take care of all the minor details as well, because the situation is a bit of an anomaly. With any injury, there’s very rarely a single cause, never mind in Pato’s case, where he’s come back from 8 injuries, all of them suffered in the San Siro stadium. That could be another small thing to think about. There’s no mathematical formula to solve the problem. We’ll work with the medical staff as we’ve always done to try and prevent these things and maybe even try to do a bit more. Last year in America, he was very thoroughly looked after but unfortunately he’s injured himself again. He had similar injuries before and we’ll have to work with him to prevent others. At only 22 years of age, I don’t think it’s connected to having played 2 games in only a few days.”

Ibrahimovic: "Tomorrow’s basically impossible. On Sunday we’ll see how he and Ambrosini are feeling. They have the best chance of playing in the Champions League but not Boateng. Robinho is getting better. I hope to have him back soon.”

"I have two forwards tomorrow and Inzaghi. There could be a change in the middle of the park while the players at the back will be more or less the same. Taiwo is getting better and he’s available for tomorrow”

"Balance in the middle of the field is fundamental; we didn’t have that at Napoli. Our midfield is partly new. It looks easy but with Aquilani and Nocerino, there are new situations. We conceded very little against Udinese and went down to an unthinkable goal.”

Inter: "I’m sorry for Gasperini. He always did well wherever he coached. This year he was unlucky. Ranieri needs no introduction, he’s a real professional. Inter is a team of a certain value. He’s coached those type of teams before and he’s doing it again. They’ll climb up the table.

The spirit: "The team never lost the spirit and when I talk about the team, I include myself in there. We already played a good game against Udinese and even against Napoli, it wasn’t that different. We were punished for making mistakes. We don’t play presumptuously.”

"I spoke with Berlusoni yesterday. He had called me on Tuesday as well. He knows it’s a bit of an emergency and he’s stayed close to the team. But we haven’t eased off. Just like we didn’t last year when we did well despite the injuries we had.”

The difference between Inter and Milan? "A single point. We’ve put in some good performances with some mistakes that we should have avoided. I don’t know about them. Pressure for the first win? No. We need to stay lucid, patient and enthusiastic. The league doesn’t end tomorrow. It’s a difficult moment because of the injuries, but that’s not a technical problem. So far we’ve played good games. Tomorrow I’ll be looking for another mature performance from the team. We need to be balanced. This club has always had that balance in difficult times. We shouldn’t get worried about it.”
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:27 pm

MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI Cool

"Tomorrow will not be an easy game because Viktoria Plzen is a team that did very well in the preliminaries and has good qualities, both as a team and as individuals, but to build on the draw at Barcelona from tomorrow we must start winning. As for Ibrahimovic, he will only play if he is fit, if he trains well then he will start from the beginning. I'll talk to him after training and based on that I will decided whether to play one or two upfront. Seedorf knows that at this moment there is no time to catch your breath and I'll rest him when he needs it. At 35 years old in his condition did not get there by accident and he is an example of professionalism and an example for young people who can realize the importance of being professional. Ibrahimovic might be the only one fit again tomorrow. Bonera is much better and perhaps he will be available. Taiwo has not played for two months and must learn a lot about Italian football and you need a bit of patience. In attack he did very well, has a very good pass, but in defence must figure out how to move with the rest of the players. It is normal because it is a different type of football where you defend differently, but is an excellent player and a good signing.

"We have to have the right attitude, with attention, self-sacrifice and good technique, which we did at the beginning of the season, despite the unfair criticism. We paid for a few mistakes, but we have shown that we can control the game, despite the tough period we've been through, so now, when everyone is available, we will only think positively. Finishing top in the group in the first round would mean facing a runner-up in the second round. we must be good in these three games to get to get to the direct clash against Barcelona level on points and play for first place in that game. But now we must think about tomorrow and it will not be an easy game, then Sunday, to arrive at the break in the best way. Cesena's victory gave us confidence in a time when not missing the game, but we have lacked a little in terms of results. Ibra is reasonably well, when there is a champion he feels it and if he plays tomorrow there will be a big advantage for us, but who has played has always done well: we created and also made mistakes, but that's normal, everybody makes mistakes and is part of the game. You are always motivated for the Champions League. We will have great respect for Viktoria and we will have to play well to win. We saw how dangerous Plzen were in the preliminaries and they are well organised and have good players. There are no easy games in football and we must be alert and focused and play a great technical and competitive game with intensity."

CLARENCE SEEDORF :bow:

"We made a good start in the Champions League and now we are playing at home and we must find points to give continuity to what we have started. We won the championship and it was important for the team. We know we need to do better than last year but Milan should always aim high, try to reach the final and win the Champions League, something that everyone, even the most modest teams can do, as evidenced by a few seasons. with humility and work we know we can go far. I think we can all give a hand to the newcomers when needed. Cassano arrived eight months ago and we have all been there for him to settle in, but if Antonio is doing well it is because he has made himself available to everyone and understood what to do to feel good here. It gives me a lift to see team-mates who have the same desire to play and to achieve great goals. in this period, with many players out, the coach has done well to build confidence with the players available and this has given us a lift. The unity we have demonstrated in these games as been exemplary, and when everyone is fit then it will make a difference. The match with Barcelona confirmed the evidence of our growth. We must believe in our ability and our strength, always respecting the others. I feel as always, for me it is a matter of stimuli. Do not look back, look at the team and I think that we have the important qualities to go far. Every year I set the goal that starts up in the head, because it is the way to be self-motivated, but you cannot do everything alone. We believe we have an environment where we can do it, but thinking game after game. I find the energy from the people around me, from the team and the work we do together, I feel a duty to make my contribution and be helpful. I have had this discomfort in my knee for a while but when I am warmed-up I feel much better."
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:07 am

MILAN – Here’s what the Rossoneri had to say after the game against Viktoria Plzen at the San Siro stadium.

MARK VAN BOMMEL:

"We needed the three points. We played well in some moments and they were good on the counter attack but in general we did well. We’ve played a lot of games in the last 2 weeks but we’re a strOng side and when the injured players get back, we’ll be even better. But anyway, we’re doing well and come Sunday we’ll have another tough game. The result at the Nou Camp is a good result for us because we got the 2 away goals and now we have three more points than Viktoria Plzen and Bate Borisov. If we beat Bate in the next game, we’ll be a step closer to qualification. Pirlo is a great player and a great person but for Juve he’s playing in a different role than he did with us. We’re three points behind Juventus, we haven’t started the season well, but if we win on Sunday, that’ll all change.”

IGNAZIO ABATE:

"I’m alright now. Before the game I felt a twinge and so I went to the doctor to check things. I was able to sprint, but when I got to my limit, I could feel it tighten. As things stand, I hope it’s just a problem with fatigue.
We didn’t do well in the first half because we played too straight up the pitch. Pushing straight ahead with them when they closed the central part of the pitch meant that we had to use the wings. By doing this, you’re less exposed to the counter attack. If they’re too compact then you go wide and try to come together finish the move. I was impressed by Van Bommel. He was good when we won the clearances. We did well to score but we gave them too many chances to stay in the game. In the league now, we can’t afford to get cut off from the teams ahead of us and when we’re back to full strength we can get back up there. Then it’ll be them that chase us.
I have a high opinion of Pirlo, he’s a great friend and a great player.
But we’ll be looking to play a great game.

URBY EMANUELSON:

"In the first half, I tried to play wide, first on the right then the left but in the second half, the coach told me that Nocerino and Seedorf would play wide and I should stay in the middle and we played better.
The first half was tough, they caused us problems, but in the second half they got tired and we played better.
It’ll be a big game against Juventus. It’ll be very important because Juve are top of the table, three points ahead of us so it’s important for us to do well.”
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:29 am

Mark Van Bommel has pledged himself to Milan, but warned they ought to focus on Serie A rather than the Champions League.
“We had clear scoring opportunities as well as the two we netted against Barcelona, so this team certainly did not play catenaccio,” the Dutch international told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Winning in Europe is very difficult, so I think it’s easier to win the Scudetto again. It’s true we didn’t get off to a good start in Serie A, as we often get too stretched out.

“Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a great player, but we cannot depend too much on him. As for Clarence Seedorf, I see him more as a manager than a Coach in future.”

Van Bommel has to consider his own future too and already has it mapped out.

“When I retire, I want to be a Coach, as I’ll take the two tests I’m missing and start in the youth teams in Holland. I’d like to end my career at PSV Eindhoven, but I have a contract here and am very happy to play another season.

“Milan must know they can count on me, as they had guts to sign a player of my age.”

He was teammates with Andrea Pirlo last season, but they’ll be battling in midfield when Milan visit Juventus on Sunday night.

“Pirlo is a great player and it’s only normal to miss someone like him. I’m not surprised he is doing so well at Juventus. However, now he is our opponent, so we can only focus on winning Sunday’s game.”
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:44 pm

MILAN – Here’s what the coach had to say to the Milan Channel at the end of the practice match against the Primavera youth side:

"It was a good game in a week when the players who didn’t travel with their national sides stayed here and worked well. We ended things this morning with a good game. We’ll be back working all together on Wednesday and we’ll be preparing ourselves for what’ll be an important month both in Seria A and the Champions League.

We only have a few points on the table after the opening five games so we have to get back on track bearing in mind the positives and the negatives that we’ll take from the start of the season, We’ll get back in the league after a few players come back into contention which will allow us to play intense football but without being nervous.”

“The club hasn’t lost its appeal because of the losses at Naples and Turin. We definitely thought we would have done better but the league is long and there’ll be time to make the points back.”

“Robinho is already training well enough. We’ll see in the next few days if he’ll be able to play a part against Palermo.
Seedorf played well in the middle last season in London in the Champions League and in the Emirates cup so that could be a solution depending on the games that we have to play."

"Ibra will be back with the right determination to get back winning and to do that we’ll all have to work together and stay calm.”
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:18 am

This needs to be posted somewhere:

MILAN - AUDI DELIVERS THE CARS
MILAN - Here's a list of the cars presented to the players and staff at Sponsor Day today at the San Siro stadium:

A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 rapporti) Galliani Adriano
Q5 V6 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic Abate Ignazio
Q5 V6 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic Abbiati Christian
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Allegri Massimiliano
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Ambrosini Massimo
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Amelia Marco
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Antonini Luca
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Aquilani Alberto
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Boateng Kevin Prince
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Bonera Daniele
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Cassano Antonio
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Emanuelson Urby
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Flamini Mathieu
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Gattuso Gennaro
Q7 V6 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic 245 CV Ibrahimovic Zlatan
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Inzaghi Filippo
RS 5 coupé V8 4.2 S tronic quattro Mexes Philippe
A1 1.4 TFSI S tronic Ambition Nesta Alessandro
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Nocerino Antonio
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Pato Alexandre
A7 SB V6 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic Robinho
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Roma Flavio
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 rapporti) Seedorf Clarence
A7 SB V6 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic Tassotti Mauro
Q7 V6 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic 245 CV Taye Taiwo
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Thiago Silva
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Van Bommel Mark
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Yepes Mario
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Zambrotta Gianluca
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:31 am

dostoevsky wrote:This needs to be posted somewhere:

MILAN - AUDI DELIVERS THE CARS
MILAN - Here's a list of the cars presented to the players and staff at Sponsor Day today at the San Siro stadium:

A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 rapporti) Galliani Adriano
Q5 V6 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic Abate Ignazio
Q5 V6 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic Abbiati Christian
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Allegri Massimiliano
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Ambrosini Massimo
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Amelia Marco
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Antonini Luca
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Aquilani Alberto
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Boateng Kevin Prince
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Bonera Daniele
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Cassano Antonio
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Emanuelson Urby
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Flamini Mathieu
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Gattuso Gennaro
Q7 V6 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic 245 CV Ibrahimovic Zlatan
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Inzaghi Filippo
RS 5 coupé V8 4.2 S tronic quattro Mexes Philippe
A1 1.4 TFSI S tronic Ambition Nesta Alessandro
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Nocerino Antonio
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Pato Alexandre
A7 SB V6 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic Robinho
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Roma Flavio
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 rapporti) Seedorf Clarence
A7 SB V6 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic Tassotti Mauro
Q7 V6 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic 245 CV Taye Taiwo
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Thiago Silva
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Van Bommel Mark
Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic Yepes Mario
A8 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic (8 gear) Zambrotta Gianluca

awesome!! some of players who have been in milan since 2007 have recieved AUDI cars last time too. so lucky them!! not to mention pato drives AUDI R8....

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:56 am

Comments from Milanello - Page 6 Sday13_big

The cars for the players, from the gallery on the official site: http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show_gallery/366
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasmenger Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:06 am

That's truely awesome.

"You're AC Milan so we'll give you 45 AUDI's..."

Any one else notice that Nesta was the only person to get A1?
nicholasmenger
nicholasmenger
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:05 am

nicholasmenger wrote:That's truely awesome.

"You're AC Milan so we'll give you 45 AUDI's..."

Any one else notice that Nesta was the only person to get A1?

cuz nesta is Mr. Exclusive Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next