lszanto
sportsczy
izzy
Uncanny
3lite
42 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Eden Hazard believes he can score 60 goals a season Empty Eden Hazard believes he can score 60 goals a season

Post by 3lite Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:52 am

Source wrote:However, the Belgian is hoping to have a big impact next season and the man tipped as the new Cristiano Ronaldo has set himself an ambitious target.

‘My dream is 50 or even 60 goals like Lionel Messi and Ronaldo,’ said Hazard.

‘They have shown it is possible, so I can do the same.

‘I had a lot of assists last season and a few goals, but the problem is that I tend to choose the beautiful option too often and dribble with the ball, when a different way would cause most damage

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/07/eden-hazard-ill-score-60-goals-next-season-under-mystical-jose-mourinho-3832233/

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Eden Hazard believes he can score 60 goals a season Empty Re: Eden Hazard believes he can score 60 goals a season

Post by Uncanny Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:02 am

He can possibly go up there to that many goals, but the thing with chelsea is that he isnt the focal point, where as cr7 and messi are the focal points in their respective teams. But he is only 21 or 22 right now, his flair isnt as grand as cr7 when he was 21 at MU, but no doubt he has the potential to hit that tally one day Smile.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Eden Hazard believes he can score 60 goals a season Empty Re: Eden Hazard believes he can score 60 goals a season

Post by izzy Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:18 am

Wishful thinking at best.

50-60 goals a season for him? I don't think so.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:23 am

He could if everyone fed him the ball like they do with Messi and CR7... but that's not good for the team. Chelsea is better with 3 players scoring 20-25 goals than one hogging it for 50.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:28 am

No he couldn't.

He isn't anywhere near as consistent or as lethal as those two.
Also, don't think he has the type of mental toughness to carry that burden and pressure.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:39 am

This was out a week or so ago from memory and that's not really what he said. He's basically just saying he's setting his sights high, nothing wrong with that.

Besides I just don't think you can do that in the EPL, the record is 34 goals in a season which means you're looking for 16+ goals in outside competitions which would be pretty unrealistic. When Messi/Ronaldo are scoring excess of 50 goals a season the majority of them come in the league.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:20 am

Ofc the majority of the goals comes from the league. It was the same thing when CR7 scored 42 goals in the EPL.

Oh and before Messi and CR7 started scored 50+ goals, the la liga record was 38 goals IIRC. So it isn't that big of a difference..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:35 am

harhar11 wrote:Ofc the majority of the goals comes from the league. It was the same thing when CR7 scored 42 goals in the EPL.

Oh and before Messi and CR7 started scored 50+ goals, the la liga record was 38 goals IIRC. So it isn't that big of a difference..

That never happened, he scored 42 across all competitions. The last few seasons they've been scoring 40+ per season in the league, I just don't see anybody scoring that many in the EPL any time soon.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:56 am

lszanto wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Ofc the majority of the goals comes from the league. It was the same thing when CR7 scored 42 goals in the EPL.

That never happened, he scored 42 across all competitions. The last few seasons they've been scoring 40+ per season in the league, I just don't see anybody scoring that many in the EPL any time soon.

I ment when he was in the PL, hence why I said that he scored the majority of his goals in the PL..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:He could if everyone fed him the ball like they do with Messi and CR7...  but that's not good for the team.  Chelsea is better with 3 players scoring 20-25 goals than one hogging it for 50.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:17 pm

The guy who scored 13 goals believes he can score 60?

Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:29 pm

Harmonica wrote:The guy who scored 13 goals believes he can score 60?

Laughing

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/22774/cristiano-dos-santos-aveiro-ronaldo?cc=5901
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:32 pm

roflroflroflroflrofl

He can believe what he wants, though.

I can believe that I will learn to fly and defecate rainbows. That doesn't mean it's actually going to happen.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:07 pm

And I want to make a threesome with Scarlett Johansson and Megan Fox.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:29 pm

guess how many goals both CR7 scored when he was 19-20-21... 15 and 16 goals

Messi? 21 and 19

Both had their breakout years the year they turned 21 in the 3rd year in their respective club (Man U and Barca).

This was Hazard's first year in EPL and put up huge numbers tbh. The year before this, he had 24 goals as a AM for Lille. If he was allowed to cut into the box and have the green light to shoot at will, i have absolutely no doubt he puts up the same numbers as CR7 did at Man U in his Ballon D'Or years. Not sure he can put up the numbers that swiss cheese defenses and no-contact rules allow players in La Liga though.

Remember that CR7 "magically" went from a 0.66 scorer in his last 2 years in EPL to a 1.00+ scorer in La Liga...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Posters have a short term memory on here. Messi was scoring 40 in his debut season and Ronaldo was always a 20 goal a season player before he went to Utd.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Laughing

Messi replicated goal of the century at age 19 and scored 47 goals at Hazard's age 22. Yeah, I'm sure Hazard will leap from 13 to 60 in no hurry.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:39 pm

The difference is that hazard is nowhere near Messi and Ronaldo ability and will never be. He's also an almost finished product because he is 22 and a half.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Yeah Gil and Sports, because Hazard can become like CR7 and Messi. Right? I mean it's a common occurrence that players do what these two freaks do on a season by season basis?

Oh please. Give us a break.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:44 pm

If hazard don't track back at all and always stays in the opponents half and all players pass the ball to him all the time and he takes all freekicks and penalties then he can score much more but i'm not sure about 60.

Last edited by Mamad on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:48 pm

I strongly disagree. He was always a raw talent at Lille that did everything and anything that was asked of him. In his first year at Chelsea, he showed maybe 2/3 of his talent since he was adapting to a new league and the crazy Chelsea coaching carousel.

I dislike Mou... but he gets the most out of his players as it applies to his system and Mata seems like he's on the outs. Indications are that Hazard is going to be a focus.

Not saying that he will maximize his talent like Messi or CR7... but he has that kind of talent if he develops it fully. Neymar and Goetze also have that kind of talent. But it's all raw.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:51 pm

What am I reading here? Yeah all these youngsters have the talent of Messi. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Could anyone envisage Ronaldo scoring 42 in a season and then becoming a 50 goal a season player a couple of years later at Madrid?

You should be banned if you say yes.

I'm not saying he'll be scoring 60 or whatever but I don't think something like 40 is out of the question if he's serious about having a new approach and mentality to his game. He's already scored 20 in a season before and that was while he was still the creative hub in his team.

Hazard's ultimate goal has always been to win the Balon D'or and unless you play for Madrid/Barca and score all the vital goals in a CL run the only other way you're going to get a proper look in is if you're as lethal/selfish as CR/Messi are.

And can people stop pretending he's some scrub like Alexis/Benzema/Gervinho its insulting.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Gil wrote: some scrub like Alexis/Benzema/Gervinho its insulting.

Don't insult Benzema.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:00 pm

The season Messi scored 47 he had 45% better conversion ratio, and more tackles and interceptions, than Hazard last season.

Yeah I'm sure Hazards will score 60 by just stopping defending and taking every shot possible.

Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next