goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 39 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Time magazine thinks that GRRM is 'almost done' with TWOW

Spoiler:

Between editing, printing, advertising and publishing I think Dec 2015

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 39 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:53 pm

GRRM's computer got hacked Shocked This is what they found.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:58 pm

That's because everyone knows he writes it in DOS-based 1980s program
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:36 pm

LOL! Time magazine don't know shit.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:58 am

The more and more I read the books, the more and more I doubt Jon being the son Rhaegar and Lyanna and him being the special saviour many book readers are expecting him to be. It's too common a trope in fantasy novels and we all GRRM doesn't do common.

I don't know, something feels really off. I think we're getting suckered here.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:23 am

I have zero doubts about him being their son.
However I don't expect him to be the saviour either. The good prince who grew up not knowing who he was saving the world? Gimme a break. He's a major char but I really don't expect him to become the world saving nice king.

Now I don't really expect the Others to be a force of destruction either. As said earlier I expect/hope there's a lot more to the whole stuff and someone saving the world won't even be needed.

And in the end a Lannister sits the throne Thumbs up
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:13 am

I agree with zigra, I think the circumstantial evidence suggesting that he is their son is too strong to discount but it doesn't necessarily require that he become a saviour figure as a result. It's uncertain whether his true parentage will ever be truly acknowledged by the masses or to what extent his identity will define the rest of his contribution to the books. It might become a point of political intrigue or it might be irrelevant. I certainly don't expect Martin to elevate a single character above the others however unless it inadvertently destroys them. We are expecting a bittersweet ending after all.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:51 pm

I'm 100% certain that Ned isn't Jon's real dad, but there's just something about Ashara Dayne that is really bugging me. I'm not saying she's Jon's mother, but there's something about her which I just can't figure out yet.

I'll need to re-read the series a few more times to try and sort this out, because I'm willing to bet a load of money that Ashara Dayne is going to come up during the reveal of Jon's true parentage.

On a slightly related note, Aegon and Dany, I have some major suspicions about them which I'll share at the later point, because I'm not certain about it yet. I'll just say that if my suspicions are correct, we're probably going to be getting a hell of a lot shocking true parentage reveals in the next book, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Jon needs to lead the others against the evil dragons imo

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:04 pm

And behead Dany :bow:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:18 pm

After being stabbed to death by your "brothers" can someone really maintain good?

At this point it looks more likely that Jon becomes the Nights King rather than some kind of saviour of Westeros.

Btw we have some cast news: Young Cersei who will appear in flashbacks will be played by Nell Williams. Also a new character named Ghita has been cast.

http://watchersonthewall.com/young-cersei-cast/
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:I'm 100% certain that Ned isn't Jon's real dad, but there's just something about Ashara Dayne that is really bugging me. I'm not saying she's Jon's mother, but there's something about her which I just can't figure out yet.

I'll need to re-read the series a few more times to try and sort this out, because I'm willing to bet a load of money that Ashara Dayne is going to come up during the reveal of Jon's true parentage.

On a slightly related note, Aegon and Dany, I have some major suspicions about them which I'll share at the later point, because I'm not certain about it yet. I'll just say that if my suspicions are correct, we're probably going to be getting a hell of a lot shocking true parentage reveals in the next book, and I'm really looking forward to it.

What I find interesting about the Daynes is them naming one of their kids (Ned Dayne) after the guy who killed a famous family member of theirs and after the guy whom Ashara killed herself for (presumably). There's some info missing here which I can't explain.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Cersei + Maggie the frog flashback confirmed

http://watchersonthewall.com/young-cersei-cast/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:14 pm

Jonathan@ Sorry for the long post , not sure if you will read it , but you reminded me of some extra tin foily theory i had some time ago , maybe we shared similar ideas ? Curious to find out. I am eager to see what you have thought about what you said there on true parentage reveals in the next book and all that. Spoilers used because it's big.

Part 1-

Spoiler:

Part 2-

Spoiler:

Sorry for the long post couldn't compress it without leaving some details as to what led me where in some cases , here have a banana banana
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:10 pm

Oh shit, A Feast for Crows is getting really interesting.

Loved the passage of the small council discussing Ironmen's overtaking of Shield Islands. Cersei vs Tyrells Proud Loras basically walked into Cersei's trap ffs. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:56 pm

I hope they show the lesbian scene between Taena and Cersei in the show :wub:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:04 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Oh shit, A Feast for Crows is getting really interesting.

Loved the passage of the small council discussing Ironmen's overtaking of Shield Islands. Cersei vs Tyrells Proud Loras basically walked into Cersei's trap ffs. Sad

Cersei is truly Tywin with teats Mad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Wow, Genna Lannister's remark about Tyrion being the true son of Tywin is mighty high praise there.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:57 pm

Arya is blind Shocked That escalated quickly ffs. Outta nowhere Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:34 am

PLEEAAAASE NOOOOOOOO.

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:02 am

If Maggie the Frog's foretelling comes true as it has thus far then I think
Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:02 am

Goddam Cersei is a ruthless bitch. She's balls to the walls crazy. Margaery stands no chance ffs. Specially because Cersei thinks the prophecy speaks of the Tyrell girl Laughing  Though I think it's quite obvious that the prophecy means Daenerys as the younger queen.

Also Jaime almost getting himself in a duel with Blackfish over pride rofl Got off the hook there. Though I love how more and more he's forced to use wits over pure instinct in his decisions since he doesn't have his combat hand to back him up.

Book is getting really intense now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:56 pm

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think the younger more beautiful queen is not Margaery or Dany or Arianne... it's Sansa. I don't have anything to back this, just a hunch based on Cersei being who she is and you will understand why I think this after you finish AFfC.

That Jaime chapter is one of my favourites in AFfC
----------
Ser Brynden raised an eyebrow. “Do you even know what honor is?” A horse. rofl

The Blackfish to Jaime: "You must be blind as well as maimed, Ser. Lift your eyes, and you will see the direwolf still flies above our walls." :bow:

Jaime to Edmure: "'You'll want your child, I expect. I'll send him to you when he's born. With a trebuchet.' With a trebuchet, Jaime thought. If his aunt had been there, would she still say Tyrion was Tywin’s son?" Shocked
----------

Btw do you suspect why Edmure fears that singer? And who do you think is he?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:39 pm

You could be onto something there as I just finished the chapter with Littlefinger gifting the gift of the Vale, Harry the Heir and Winterfell to Sansa. Though for this to happen of course Tyrion must die Sad

I absolutely love Jaime's chapters in this book. And yes that whole chapter is goat.

I'm suspecting he's the singer that was singing during the Red Wedding. Though I could be wrong. Could be something to do just with Edmure. I remember in one of Cat's chapters her saying Edmure hated singers because of something that they've done to him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:18 am

OH MY GAWD WAT???? Shocked

Cersei rofl

Lmao I knew there was trouble the second she went into the Great Sept of Baelor to see the High Holiness.

All the power and she becomes the master of her own undoing Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:08 am

Someone went through the original ADWD manuscript and Martin's notes confirm that Coldhands is not Benjen.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2rtcaa/i_went_to_the_cushing_library_and_went_through/

@James: You probably now understand why RG and I want Cersei to survive for as long as possible. Not because we like her but because her insanity is so entertaining. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next