goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 40 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:08 am

Someone went through the original ADWD manuscript and Martin's notes confirm that Coldhands is not Benjen.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2rtcaa/i_went_to_the_cushing_library_and_went_through/

@James: You probably now understand why RG and I want Cersei to survive for as long as possible. Not because we like her but because her insanity is so entertaining. Laughing

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 40 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:59 am

So finished the AFFC...The beginning was a bit of a dry read because it followed the insane pace of ASOS but of high quality overall specially as the reader gets used to the pace and tone of the book.

Cersei being left in the predicament that she's in and Jaime's refusal to help her, I can only hope she survives this ffs. @Dosto I'm with you guys, deep down I was kind of cheering for all the chaos she was creating. Really loved her scheming to try to get Margaery killed and her overall innate craziness Laughing

Pate at Oldtown being alive delivers a whole new set weird to this series. I don't even know what to speculate here. The whole time reading the book I was wondering who the hell the alchemist was and now Pate is apparently is back alive  Neutral

I know I said I wanted Brienne the wench to die but Poderick and her being hanged was a bit sad tbh. I liked Pod a lot especially. Though may be there's some chance they may still live, Martin kind of left it hanging (no pun intended).

My semester starts this monday. So hopefully I can read a substantial amount from ADWD till then and finish it this week sometime otherwise I know I won't read until the summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:03 am

Dude, the Pate that Sam meets is none other than The Alchemist who is Jaqen H'ghar.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jaqen_H%27ghar/Theories
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:24 am

Wasn't that confirmed in A World of Ice and Fire?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:47 pm

http://www.jordans.com/imax/movies/game-of-thrones

LSH confirmed

Awwwwww f***

Edit: nevermind, it's a fan made poster
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:25 am

dostoevsky wrote:Someone went through the original ADWD manuscript and Martin's notes confirm that Coldhands is not Benjen.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2rtcaa/i_went_to_the_cushing_library_and_went_through/

@James: You probably now understand why RG and I want Cersei to survive for as long as possible. Not because we like her but because her insanity is so entertaining. Laughing
After this, people are now banned from reading the ADWD manuscript until TWOW is out Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Arya's released WoW chapter is *bleep* amazing, just wow....

I hope they do it in GoT aswell although it was half done in S4E1.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:33 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Arya's released WoW chapter is *bleep* amazing, just wow....

I hope they do it in GoT aswell although it was half done in S4E1.

That's the reason Martin released it, the show did their own version of the chapter on S4E1 and so he released it before the episode aired so book readers don't get "spoiled"
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:27 pm

Has anybody here actually bought A World of Ice and Fire ?

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Nah. Isn't it like an encyclopaedia?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:37 pm

yeah... thinking on buying it and..  well let me say what you said pops in my mind a lot , it's just a nice encyclopaedia Laughing

i mean , i badly want the book . But on the other hand , actually giving 40e to get it only to read general historical info and see pictures.. i'm 50-50 tbh , if i should get it now , or wait untill it's price drops significantly.

I also considered torrenting it .. but it seems to me like a proper waste to get this as an e-book tbh.. legaly or illegaly .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:57 pm

I read the interesting chapters and seen all the artwork online being the cheap con artist I am.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:33 pm

While doing what you did , or getting the e-book version for free untill the price drops to be acceptable seems like a reasonable choice for the time being , i don't really feel like it tbh

This book's best trait is the actual book , it gives the content more value , i think

elsewise i could do that without even torrenting , what's the point really , i can just go to AsoaifWiki ffs Laughing For this reason , i am a bit reluctant of giving 40e atm . I want the book and i want to experience it fully and as it was meant to be read , but not for 40e ffs . On the other hand i can very easily ease my appetite with the e-book , but i don't even care to bother with it just because it is an e-book

like Obery said in GoT

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 40 Oberyn

Deseesionz
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:16 pm

Still somewhat in the "no one is a AA" camp, but if it has to be a character I've always thought it would be Dany. Video does a nice explanation of why she's the perfect fit.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:18 pm

lmao at Stannis in the mix Proud

mah n
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:58 am

What the actual rofl rofl rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:14 am

Hype Man Baelish rofl

This is still my favourite Cleganebowl vid though, short and sweet:

Nothing beats Stannis the Mannis though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:21 am

i've already seen both vids months ago , i lmao so hard first time i saw them Laughing

especially at the one M99 posted , i still lmao
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 am

The one M99 posted Laughing Laughing Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:01 am

Varys's master plan is Daenerys confirmed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:18 am

It doesn't really answer many questions for book readers in my eyes as the show has continually simplified the internal scheming and politics of Westeros and given their reduced cast, nothing else could make sense in the show but for the plan to have always been Daenerys. Questions concerning whether the plan has shifted to suddenly include Dany disappear with Arianne's omission. Doran's investment becomes simpler and more comprehensible to the audience.

Still, it's great to see it on screen again. Tyrion's beard is damn impressive.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:39 pm

Aegon 100% omitted.

Saw maggy the frog scene

Arya digging needle scene

Tyrion will 100% meet daenerys
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:02 pm

This guy posted this wayyy before the trailer and looks like he is 100% right. Needless to say, massive spoilers for season 5.

https://www.facebook.com/Stannisswagatheon/posts/814624378577731
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:35 pm

Didn't Varys (on behalf of the king obv) send the assasin who tried to kill Dany?
If I don't remember that wrong she can't really have been his "master plan" all the way (the way Aegon was)... so he just recently decided to aid Dany? Or is it my mistake?

Anyway as I just read that GRRM said no WoW in 2015 I guess I have to live with the show. Book 7 release date 2020+ I guess hmm Crying or Very sad

Besides this talk of "Westeros needs a king (Dany) who is loved blabla" gave me a really bad feeling of Dany winning the end game
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:52 pm

In ADwD, Illyrio doesn't mention Aegon AT ALL while discussing with Tyrion, he praises Daenerys like Varys does in that trailer, he's sent on his way so Aegon and Daenerys can meet, on the show Tyrion is directly sent to Meereen maybe because Aegon doesn't need to marry Dany or they need Tyrion to convince Dany to marry Aegon. Tyrion is not supposed to know, the less people know the better - he figures it out himself. In the show he doesn't have to meet him.

Another good point made on reddit is that trailers are used to mislead people, for example Jon was shown to want revenge for someone in a S4 trailer... it turned out to be for Jeor Mormont but every non book reader thought Jon was seeking revenge for Robb lol. The point is, if Varys is on Dany Team they wouldn't surely reveal that on a *bleep* trailer. There's also that Kevan is returning in S5 according to that Facebook account, it would be a good way to reveal Aegon in Kevan's last scene.

I'm not holding much hope, but I wouldn't call it confirmed that Aegon is cut.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:49 am

https://imgur.com/a/uiZw3
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next