goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 38 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Oh yea that's meh. It gets good when she meets Septon Meribald. Their journey after that is great. Specially the passage on War of the Ninepenny Kings

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 38 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:41 pm

So glad someone mentioned that passage, Septon Meribalds monologue about broken men is amazing.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Oh wow all that boring bs for her to meet these 3 idiots again. Jesus, that was woeful reading. Worst chapter in the whole series so far.

I'm enjoying even the Ironborn chapters but Brienne's chapters are just a drag.

Best are definitely Cersie's and Jaime's chapters.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:59 pm

Brienne's chapters do frustrate on a first read but by the end I did enjoy the time you get to spend seeing her POV and it does build several important links with other characters, even if you don't realise at first.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Any particular scene(s) you guys looking forward to see in S5?

I mentioned some scenes a couple of pages ago but forgot to mention a certain someone getting stabby-stabby and the pink letter. It's a new experience for me, I know I will grin like an idiot while watching some scenes with Unsullied friends.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:21 pm

Stabbing absolutey but it depends a bit. In the books I was like wtf for three seconds than I realised that Jon would either survive the stabbing or come back (bit it thanks to Mel, warging, Bran or whatever). I don't know a single person who belive Jon will be dead and stay dead. If they change that it could be something really awesome to watch with the Unsullied Proud

Apart from that the walk of shame.

Don't know if it'll be in S5 but if it is: the reopening of the fighting pits. Oh and I'm very curious to see what happens to Tyrion and, if we get to see him, Varys.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:20 am

I was really looking forward to seeing the reveal of Doran's plan to Arianne brought to life on screen as it's one of my favourite parts in the book however it seems like they've robbed me of that joy.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:34 pm

^atleast you'll get Doran's "Fire and Blood" speech in S5E9 (although to Trystane rather than Arianne Sad)

I really enjoyed the kingsmoot in the books, I was looking forward to see it on screen while reading but that's not happening 100%.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Well another chapter with Brienne and again boring as shit. Even met the septon Meribald you guys were talking about still just as bad the otehr chapters of her in this book.

God, I hope she dies soon. Terribly boring and stupid character.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Have some respect for the only true knight in the story ffs

Her last couple of chapters will get more action, keep reading.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:47 pm

And nothing interesting has been announced. Great.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:04 pm

lmao totally forgot about it. You still had hope Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Well i thought it would be something, just not the book. Man I would have been so pissed if GRRM did not spoil the party a week early Laughing I can just imagine anxiously refreshing the twitter page looking for an annoucement and then seeing... nothing. My butthurt would have known no equal.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:33 pm

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/12/mistborn-alloy-of-law-sequels

Man reading about this sort of thing makes so jealous.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:23 am

YM wrote:Has there been any news on what the main story next season will be? Hopefully it's Daenerys finally getting to King's Landing, destroying everything there and eventually ruling. Problem is with Tywin dying she'll only be up against Cersei.

Proud

Remember those days when we all still thought she would go there one day? :wub:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:30 am

I replied to him but deleted it later.

Daenerys going to kinds landing rofl rofl rofl

Eventhough we saw a vision of her in KL during winter. That's going to be in ADOS 100%. At the end of TWO(probably the cliff hanger) at the very least.

It's the same as if we are ever going to see two starks(or stark-snow) together ever again. Bran has no chance. Sansa-Jon could be the closest or Arya-Jon if Arya was sent to assassinate him.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:18 am

Well we know the ending has to be Dany flying in with her dragons and saving the night's watch from the Others. But yeah, she's not going to land in mainland westeros until ADOS, which hopefully still means she'll spend 2 books there.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:20 am

Not too sure about that BC. GRRM said there's no "pure evil" or whatever (something like Sauron) in Asoiaf and asked about the Others he smiled and said "we'll see" (afair).

So if they are just the bad guys who want to wipe out humanity and are stopped by the "good" party (dragons are anything but good tbh) that would be extremely disappointing.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:25 am

Can always have another ADWD with Jon binding a dragon to himself and coming out as the leader of the great other while daenerys fight him off.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:52 am

The Others need not to pure evil to be made the major antagonists though. They could be a self aware, reasonable species but one that no peace can be found with due to the chaos in the human kingdoms, necessitating war.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:08 am

Imagine GRRM having this huge twist that the Dragons are the wrongdoers while the others are actually the anti-dragon force that rise whenever they sense the presence of the dragons
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:36 pm

It's been a while since I've read the forums but I've come across a couple of interesting threads.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/71375-did-jon-steal-val/

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/98461-the-ides-of-marsh/

Fairly straight forward and uncontroversial in nature but they reminded me of some details that had slipped my mind.

The best troll of late would definitely have to be Varys is Joffrey's mother though. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:19 pm

I never notice these small details lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:13 pm

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/104359-one-thing-we-all-missed/#entry5442418

By far the best thread I've discovered in a while.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Yes, Jon stole Val, and him and her will probably be endgame, and not him and Dany, which is a disgusting pairing, not to mention incest if the theories are true. *bleep* that shit.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Time magazine thinks that GRRM is 'almost done' with TWOW

Spoiler:

Between editing, printing, advertising and publishing I think Dec 2015

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next