goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 32 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:07 pm

FFS I liked those chapters tbh.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 32 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:40 pm

I'm not sure how reliable that guy, he's saying Bran won't be in season 5 either which I highly doubt and gives me some hope that he's wrong for the Greyjoys.

Victarion is certainly cut with Daario having captured ships for Dany already but Euron could still feature.

For example, Asha/Yara on her way back from the Dreadfort to Pyke hears her father has very suspiciously died and her uncle Euron sits on the Seastone chair now, she either confronts him where we get a couple of scenes with Euron/Asha, get some background on Euron and his ambitions (so no Kingsmoot) or we hear from the council in Kings Landing about how Balon's very dangerous brother Euron Greyjoy whom they call 'The Crow's Eye' has suddenly attacked The Reach and he gets a mention like Doran in Season 4 and we see Euron in season 6.

I doubt they will just cut Euron who certainly will play a big part in the story.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:55 am

Bran's already confirmed as not appearing in Season 5, the actor said so himself.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:34 am

Nah that's old news, here's the actor who plays Bran saying that he WILL film Game of Thrones this year: http://winteriscoming.net/2014/09/04/isaac-hempstead-wright-confirms-appearance-season-5-game-thrones/

However Hodor and Meera won't appear, maybe briefly their doubles just to tell people they are there but it's going to be Bran and Bloodraven mainly in Bran's arc.

By the way Euron should be easy because he is already cast

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 32 Daario-wink
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:38 am

Oh well that's a relief. Fingers crossed for flashback scenes then.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:25 am

http://www.reddit.com/r/cleganebowl/comments/2j5yzs/cleganebowl_anthem/

Can't breathe rofl
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:48 pm

World Of Ice And Fire:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:06 pm

SMH if there's one more secret Targ in Tyrion. I don't like it but there's enough evidence now for it to be a "legit" theory.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:40 pm

I would hate if Tyrion were a Targ. The scene where he kills Tywin would mean so much less if he weren't his real father.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Some interesting stuff from TWOIAF. Spoiler tagged in case you want to buy the book and read it yourself (I don't have the book btw)

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:11 pm

Brown Ben Plumm is a Targaryen (no tinfoil): http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2kqljt/spoilers_woiaf_brown_ben_plumms_ancestry/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Spoiler:

Do agree with Dosto in that the A+J=T theory would be the equivalent of character assasination.

Did Tywin ever give an explanation for why he kept Tyrion alive? It seems to me that if A+J=T were true then Tywin would have "mercy killed" the baby.

Also I'm reading TWOIAF now and it seems that Aerys had various stillborn deaths, some with deformations. Not sure if this is support for A+J=T but I did find it interesting.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:46 pm

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 32 Tumblr_nec77pNz3t1r1pxrwo1_1280

Shitttt's going down...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:35 pm

From The World Of Ice And Fire.

The Pact Of Ice and Fire was a marriage pact that fell through between the Starks and Targaryens. During the Dance Of Dragons, Jacerys Velaryon promised it to enlist the support of the Starks. It fell through because there weren't any princesses left at the end of the Dance.

This is very interesting. Foreshadowing?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:11 pm

More like a tease i feel.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Speaking of Stark-Targaryen marriages....

I'm kinda hoping for Sansa to ditch Littlefinger's plans and go with her own plan. Play Littlefinger's game until he secures her the Vale, possibly The Riverlands and then stab him in his back and go marry Aegon (even if he's a fake, it's irrelevant). Join The Vale forces to Aegon's in sacking King's Landing with Sansa being the young queen Cercei fears from the prophecy. Then have a 2nd 'Dance of Dragons' between Dany and Aegon later. I'm not sure if this is possible for various reasons but I would like this to happen because Sansa would become queen, stab Creepyfinger in his back the way he deserves it and we get a 2nd Dance of Dragons.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:55 pm

I personally don't believe Sansa will remarry unless it is in the aftermath of the final events. Her marriage to Tyrion may not have been consummated, but to prove that requires her to reveal herself which would be a very dangerous move if not done from a position of great strength. Even then, those positions tend to last all of three chapters in ASOIAF. Laughing I'm almost certain she won't marry Harry though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:05 pm

Was thinking that because GRRM said there will be more marriages in WoW, of course it could be someone else like Aegon/Arianne, Daven/Frey Girl etc....

By the way Dosto, I stand corrected... Bran won't appear in season 5 after all:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/05/game-of-thrones-why-bran-season-5/
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:22 pm

After Stannis dies Davos will marry Val and assume his rightful position as Azor Ahai, it is known.

I find it very interesting that they justified his absence from the show by stating they had caught up to the books - even though there are technically a few chapters left - whilst including Sansa who has even less book material left. Essentially she needs to make the trip down the mountain and then we are breaking new ground. As they mention though, the cave scenes might begin to feel monotonous - unlike an entire season of torturing Theon lol - whereas they have more flexibility with Sansa I guess.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:39 pm

Well littlefinger is going back to Kings landing in the new season and presumably leaving Sansa behind.

I think Sansa 's storyline will play out as if the 5 year gap had gone through and she will start using her feminine wiles to get little P to do her bidding.

Frankly the Sansa chapters at the end of last season were some of the most exciting ones because I had no idea what was going to happen.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:33 pm

When do you guys think that TWOW will be released?

I've always thought Summer 2015, which would be a nice 4 year gap between this and ADWD. But as we get closer to 2015 I would expect to start to hear rumors about it being closer to completion and so far we've heard nothing...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:44 pm

Christmas 2015-Summer 2016.

Saw a very well detailed plan of his writing pace and they predicted it to be 2017 but I think the pressure on him now is far more than it was before GOT TV show came out so he will probably do it a bit faster

but not anytime soon. I hope he takes his time as well tbh. There is no way he is going to release it before S5 of GOT so we will get spoiled anyways.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:51 pm

They're changing so much it will be impossible to know what's a spoiler and what's not. Tyrion is going to become Hizdahr's counselor, Jaime is going to Dorne, Littlefinger back to King's Landing, no fAegon, no Iron Islands.

I'll find it exciting because I won't know what's going to happen, but I'll be hesitant to call anything a spoiler for sure.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Good thing then I guess. Honestly it's really putting me off to watch GOT any longer because of how they are treating it compared to the books. No Victarion is a travesty alone but no fAegon either.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:36 am

I can't wait another year and a half for TWOW, hurry it up Martin. As BC said though, if it was coming any time soon we'd surely have heard some rumours lately.

Just cut it short and release what you've got, write eight books if need be, but feed me Martin.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:38 am

RealGunner wrote:Good thing then I guess. Honestly it's really putting me off to watch GOT any longer because of how they are treating it compared to the books. No Victarion is a travesty alone but no fAegon either.

I think you just need to have the outlook of "the show is it's own animal now, it's not the books and won't be the same".
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next