Xifio
TalkingReckless
Vibe
18 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

F1 2013 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: F1 2013 Season

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:24 am

Well, from what I understood, the cutting through the kerbs caused some cuts in the rubber (the technicians found cuts in the changed tyres of Seb and Nico, too), and the side-walls of the Pirellis were too fragile and gave in spectacularly.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:28 am

Ah ok, was that the problem?

I love how the drivers got told to stay off the Kerbs but no one listened! Laughing 

Certainly one of the better Grand Prix in recent times. Also, Mark Webbers run to second was amazing!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:30 am

Well, dunno if it was the full extent of the problem, but that's what the pundits at RTL said. They also showed a photo of Seb's tyres after the first change when Adrian Newey pondered over it and they definitely didn't look good.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:33 am

I didn't hear anything on it as I went to bed right after the Chequered flag was waved.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:36 am

Hm. On German TV, the tyre problems were discussed already during the race. But then, we have Niki Lauda as one of the pundits and as he is also a chairman of Mercedes, he probably gets some more infos as the average pundits.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 am

Ah ok, They were slightly discussed on Australian tv but we use the UK commentary so it didn't last long.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:19 am

Well, from what I read on the BBC website, the UK commentary isn't exactly held in high regard by most of the audience there ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 am

Not really, I don't mind Martin Brundle but the other guy is annoying.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:43 am

You might want to consider learning some German and use the RTL feed. The RTL usually has quite some interesting interviews with the German drivers, too. I'm always a bit puzzle to read the people on British sites like BBC or Guardian who hate on Seb Vettel for being arrogant etc, when he is anything but that in the German interviews.

And not too long ago, the RTL had a hilarious double interview featuring both Kimi Räikkönen and Seb together, where Kimi actually said some more than his usual monosyllabic answers.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:47 am

rwo power wrote:You might want to consider learning some German and use the RTL feed. The RTL usually has quite some interesting interviews with the German drivers, too. I'm always a bit puzzle to read the people on British sites like BBC or Guardian who hate on Seb Vettel for being arrogant etc, when he is anything but that in the German interviews.

And not too long ago, the RTL had a hilarious double interview featuring both Kimi Räikkönen and Seb together, where Kimi actually said some more than his usual monosyllabic answers.

German tv got Kimi talking? Shocked 

I should learn German. :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:02 am

Gotcha, I found it on youtube:

(The guy who uploaded it provided a translation in the description of the video)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:26 am

Last weekend, Sebastian Vettel was caught doing some illegal in-season F1 testing in Herten, Germany. He even tried to disguise himself, but was found out anyway. The car was suspiciously Ferrari-red, by the way...

F1 2013 Season - Page 3 Super-10

Spoiler:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:59 am

the uk commentators spend the majority of the races riding lewis hamiltons weiner, real annoying.
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:20 am

Well, you could always consider catching the RTL stream. They are a bit favourable to the German drivers, though. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:30 pm

New tires in Hungary this weekend,will be interesting to see if it shuffles the pecking order.Hot weather is expected which may favor Lotus and Ferrari.Teams tested new parts during the YDT so we may see some changes on the cars,while McLaren and Sauber are reported to have made most progress.

Pit lane speed is reduced to 80 km/h due to safety reasons which may benefit teams who plan on pitting one time less than others as pit stops will now be on average 4 seconds slower.

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:24 pm

While P2 is still running, I found this interesting video. It shows what a driver is actually doing during the installation lap:

rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Alonso needs to make moves now.

We know how good Vettel is at the end of the season when the race goes to Asia.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:31 am

i m not liking this season how much Pirelli, FIA and FOM has manage to make a royal mess....

no teams has been able to absolutely exploit their potential of their car... its all tires tires tires all season upto this point. i mean british gp was just horrendous... and the fact that pirelli didnt even f..kin had guts to fully admit their mistake .. comes out and says tires failures happened because oh teams didn't apply their tires according to our recommendation... like chambers, tires pressures, swapping tires from left to right... i mean.. that has been happening since decade!!! and suddenly pirelli halts all of that... rubbish!

everyone loves f1 because everyone likes to see racing cars, racing drives and team pushing things to limit, to absolute best... it has happened ever since F1 ever started... pirelli has made things super conservative and boring... i mean really boring...

dont know what to say guys... i enjoy races... but i am not quite enjoying as i would have liked to ... because pirelli has managed to mess up big time this season

as for mercedes i m super proud they have managed to improve massively this season... despite all the backslash with lack of development or with tire test controversies and all... its evident because of hardwork...

and thank you ferrari for booting Aldo Costa lol... he has turned out to be the best asset of the team, along with Paddy Lowe, who left Mclaren on March and now oversees all the current in season development of W04!! we are 2nd in constructors.

as for Ferrari, they have developed fully the car with the help of Toyota windtunnel in Cologne, Germany. Ferrari are in progress of upgrading their windtunnel at maranello simone resta said its gonna take a long time..probbably upto late summer. and ferrari had brought some upgrades in british gp but didnt put them because they were not quite sure whether its working or not...

mclaren... its bye bye to current season they are already looking next season

btw... james allison has left Lotus f1.. and joined Ferrari.. he was part of Ferrari team before so i think he would be great asset ... under him really lotus really has raisd their game massively ever since Bob Bell left.

what else.. Matt Morris of Sauber is now part of Mclaren team.. i think he will fill the void left by Paddy lowe.

and drivers market gets ever more interesting as webber has announced to leave the team.

as for Mercedes i am super happy how things are working so far.

Last edited by JespSwe on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:36 am

why the hell am I only finding this thread now Proud

my F1 family Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:41 am

El Gunner wrote:Alonso needs to make moves now.

We know how good Vettel is at the end of the season when the race goes to Asia.

lol if alonso were to drive current vettel car.. he would butcher everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:51 am

Ferrari has been worse than Lotus, Mercedes and Red Bull this year in both qualifying and race. That shows just how good Alonso is.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:04 am

how genius does Hamilton look for leaving McLaren tho Laughing

for the money they said Proud

the man knew he was on a sinking ship

Ross Brawn gonna get Hamilton that Schumacher dominance at Mercedes
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:14 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:

You have to come close to Vettel first, who looks like is gonna get 4 in a row
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 am

Butt wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

You have to come close to Vettel first, who looks like is gonna get 4 in a row

Mercedes are out qualifying Red Bulls now....Vettel has had the best car for years it has been no contest, Mercedes has finally figured it out and closed the gap and you are seeing the results.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:19 am

Forza wrote:Ferrari has been worse than Lotus, Mercedes and Red Bull this year in both qualifying and race. That shows just how good Alonso is.

they are not quite confident whether the correlation between the windtunnel and the track is matching their expectation. plus ferrari have designed this year car with toyota windtunnel. its not toyota windtunnel problems ... its just maybe they are doing something differently than they have been used to using maranello facility...

i mean they bring updates but after testing they just dont use it ... for 2 races now ferrari has been using 3-4 races old car. so hence they are falling a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:27 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:how genius does Hamilton look for leaving McLaren tho Laughing

for the money they said Proud

the man knew he was on a sinking ship

think he just got fed up with the mclaren being a bit inconsistent, plus maybe he felt he was being treated like a home kid... so he wanted to try something new.

but never ever underestimate the woking team... they have got best facility... in fact i would say mclaren's got great talent... its just that they made a bad decision trying to design a car thinking they would get more development areas to improve on , cus last year's car by the end of the race mclaren had faster than red bull car ... and they thought they didnt have enough room to improve on...

and ... mercedes story is quite intriguing because i guess its like football where top club when they under perform gets butchered by media. same with mercedes their results were so poor.. so we managed to upgrade our windtunnel, kicked out our aerodynamicist and got one from lotus last year (mike elliot) then we managed to recruit Aldo costa, i dont think there is a better mechanical engineer than aldo costa lol and ferrari thought he was the reason why ferrari was so poor in recent years and got rid of him as a scapegoat...

that was the best thing ever to happen for mercedes... current car the chassis and mechanical design is all the work of aldo costa. so we got new aero guy, new chassis and mechanical head, we got Paddy lowe, whose expertise is on electrical stuffs as well as having experience overseeing and approving entire design that they did in R&D at mclaren.

its interesting... current car as ross brawn announced recently is all from now until the end of the season is looked by paddy lowe, so that aldo costa can start working on new project for next year, he already has... because next year rule is huge!!! so huge!! i mean u will see car quite different.. as well as new engines thats going to change the performance

interestingly geoff willis our .. R&D head is already working on 2015 car.. mercedes is already looking in the future while developing current car at good pace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next