Xifio
TalkingReckless
Vibe
18 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

F1 2013 Season - Page 5 Empty Re: F1 2013 Season

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:26 pm

rwo power wrote:I don't really disagree with you, maybe I just consider the driver influence somewhat higher, but I guess that is just a matter of opinion and not really measurable anyway.

Oh, by the way - do you know the website  http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk ?

They have full transcripts of the team radio of several GPs there. That's really fascinating:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/07/11/2013-german-grand-prix-team-radio-transcript/

haha the quotes from Button on the victory lap Proud

Yeah the Caterhams absolutely screwed us. Absolutely screwed us. I’m glad they fought well for their 19th position. Very impressive.

Laughing

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:38 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
rwo power wrote:I don't really disagree with you, maybe I just consider the driver influence somewhat higher, but I guess that is just a matter of opinion and not really measurable anyway.

Oh, by the way - do you know the website  http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk ?

They have full transcripts of the team radio of several GPs there. That's really fascinating:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/07/11/2013-german-grand-prix-team-radio-transcript/

haha the quotes from Button on the victory lap Proud

Yeah the Caterhams absolutely screwed us. Absolutely screwed us. I’m glad they fought well for their 19th position. Very impressive.

Laughing

lol he said that? thats funny !

i enjoy radio conversations its always funny... recent ones Kimi "just leave me alone, i know what i am doing' LMAO....

and one of the best, when ferrari was doing team orders when it was not allowed in Germany in 2011, Rob Smedley to Massa" okay....... Fernando is faster than you... can you confirm you understood the message".... and later after massa helped fernando win... rob smedley masa's race engineer said sorry but afterwards when massa was second... he goes "felipe boy is back.. eh.... you were magnanimous... you wont understand what that means... i will explain to you later ... " LMAO that was so hilarious....

rob smedley, Guillaume Rocquelin (rocky), jock clear are some of my favourite race engineer... especially rob smedley... since Jordan days... he has been a really entertaining guy in the radio all the time...

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:08 pm

new Merc V6 engine recorded on Dyno on simulated lap around Monza.

sound is a bit depressing if you ask me Sad
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:34 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:

new Merc V6 engine recorded on Dyno on simulated lap around Monza.

sound is a bit depressing if you ask me Sad

yeah me too... hopefully we can get a more monstrous sound when they officially test on track...

Back to top Go down

F1 2013 Season - Page 5 Empty Maldonado...

Post by Isaacb04 Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Vibe wrote:Super softs are red,
Full wets are blue,
Tyres don't matter,
Maldonado hits you.

Last year he could've been in the World Records for Crashing. Although he did just get Williams there 1st point this season as he finished 10th
Isaacb04
Isaacb04
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaacb04 Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:15 pm

Mercades always dominate qualifying but in races, Red Bull Shine through. That was a good start from Hamilton as he won his 1st GP for Mercades.

Isaacb04
Isaacb04
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:37 am

Isaacb04 wrote:Mercades always dominate qualifying but in races, Red Bull Shine through. That was a good start from Hamilton as he won his 1st GP for Mercades.

red bull have set the benchmark. but i think mercedes are gradually improving each races. last year development races were problem for mercedes, adding to the fact that they wanted to upgrade up to 60% scale model in windtunnel; the highest allowed in F1. big teams all have upto 60% which mercedes only had 50%.. so while upgrading ... that transition didnt help the cause. plus mercedes got rid of Loic Bigois (senior aerodynamicist in mid season, replaced by Mike elliot.) also lets not forget mercedes had rear tires heating problems... conventional exhaust, complex suspensions and gearbox as well as their DDRS was a compromise... rear tire was such a problem that they continually had to be content with very basic front wing... (example .. they had to remove the cascade to balance the rear).

and it was also the matter of new staffs coming in, like aldo costa and mike elliot and other new recruits gelling in...

at this moment, i think the upgraded windtunnel, new staffs, and continuous development has definitely helped... but to what extend, we will be seeing this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:39 am

pat symonds has left Marrussia and has joined williams f1.
James allison to Ferrari
Paddy Lowe to mercedes.

next year is going to be interesting big rule change... lot of changes in car designs , turbo engines ... this year is the last year of V8 engines... god i m gonna miss it really badly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:43 am

next year car will be:

Front wing reduced front 1800mm to 1650mm wide
Nose tip centered at 185mm high
Front Bulkhead maximum height 525
Chassis height maximum 625mm
Vanity panels still allowed
Engines now 1.6l V6 turbo, Direct injection, fuel flow limited, 15k max RPM
Energy Recovery systems to add +150hp from Kinetic and Turbo harvesting
Race Fuel limited to 100kg
Gearboxes to have 8 forward ratios, those ratios are fixed for the season
Single central exhaust pipe exiting 17-18.5cm behind rear axle line and 300-525mm high
Last 150mm of tail pipe must point 5 degrees upwards
No bodywork behind the tail pipe axis
No lower beam wing
Space still allowed for Y75 winglet (monkey seat)
Top rear wing a little shallower
Minimum weight 690Kg

F1 2013 Season - Page 5 2014_draft

source: scarbs f1

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:18 am

I love going back to the smaller front wing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:59 am

B-Mac wrote:I love going back to the smaller front wing
with massive rule change, it would be very exciting because there is no assurance that top team will stay at top. its matter of who comes with better design.

so we will see teams really trying to push to limit, because for designers its really great, but at the same time risky. they will get plenty and plenty of areas to look at, but its matter of will it pay off or if somebody comes off with better design. lol

we will see lot of finger pointing..and blaming hahaha

adrian newey will be good at rule changes.

and engine development could also be a factor here because its the first time teams will be comparing who has better engine since the engine frozen restriction since 2009.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Are engines definitely unlocked?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Vibe wrote:Are engines definitely unlocked?
yes, we finish the era of V8 engine and go to V6 turbo engine and thats why merc ferrari and renault had already put focus on it 3 years ago.

but the development i dont think will be allowed to continue every year, thye will freeze development. thats why Honda will get advantage. mclaren said they will not share merc engine secrets to honda. but there is no rules why mclaren shouldn't.

thats why merc was so reluctant to give turbo engine to mclaren next season.. its the contract that binds them until end of 2014..

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:03 pm

What do you think about the reports Mercedes engine produces 100bhp more than Ferrari/Renault at this point?Sounds crazy...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:08 am

Vibe wrote:What do you think about the reports Mercedes engine produces 100bhp more than Ferrari/Renault at this point?Sounds crazy...
Vibe.. really its been a while.

lol you know i was about to discuss that... and i thought that was crazy... 100 bhp of more power they will be lapping everyone in the grid every once in 2-3 lap thats crazy..

i think this story lacks a bit of foundation man.. but at the same time Mercedes really have strong technical reputation when it comes to engine development. power and reliability. but with lot of power and torque with rule changes affecting aerodynamics as well, this will have some quite a negative effect on tires i guess. so the same article says that merc, pushing for longer diameter tires.. that i believe.

oh and vibe.. its interesting... ferrari were really optimistic about engine development. they really pushed for turbo era, more than anyone.
and actually during early part of decade ferrari's engine development was massive... they were spending like so much money on engine development, more than aero. when we had no engine development restriction.

and lets not understimate renault and red bull. actually Newey works closely with renault and demands what kind changes will bring performance.. for example, the engine mapping hot/cold blowing... that gave newey such an edge he was untouchable..

so yea for newey with new rules he will have so many avenues to look at, and plus with engine development going on... thats just good news for red bull ... they are too good in exploiting new rules. .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:09 am

seriously if merc had like 100 hp more than anyone ... championship will be boring .. not to mention who knows force india mclaren and williams will be their closest rival than anyone lol...

100 hp more than anyone is a lot.. bro ... thats just crazy..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:18 am

2014 will be really or i would could be some drastic difference.. there is engine.. there is new rules on aerodynamics, there is turbo power...

and nobody knows what kind of design or avenue rivals are working at. atleast for few years everyone had reference... so next year everyone will start from scratch.. well not entirely, but those engines single exhaust periscope mounted at the back, or no wing beams, no turning vanes or bargeboards.. thats lot of turbulent air to manage.. and narrow small front wing, so on.. anyway its crazy we might see some significant differences..

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:30 am

With a new set of rules there will be lots of loopholes to exploit,and Newey is the loophole man in F1.Although there is Brawn and 2009...Who knows what will eventually happen.

What I find strange is that there will be a device which will optimize energy collection from rear brakes,and it will literally work as traction control.Massa will be happy to hear about that...If he is still there next year Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:46 am

Vibe wrote:With a new set of rules there will be lots of loopholes to exploit,and Newey is the loophole man in F1.Although there is Brawn and 2009...Who knows what will eventually happen.

What I find strange is that there will be a device which will optimize energy collection from rear brakes,and it will literally work as traction control.Massa will be happy to hear about that...If he is still there next year Laughing
really?? thats something i have not come across. awesome! passive traction control then!

dont u think that massa has held his job so far because of Jean's Todt's son who manages him??

think he is gone by next year, i think and i would love to see Nico Hulkenburg there!

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:20 pm

silly question but any one here keeping tabs on any other racing series
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:54 pm

I watch MotoGP,GP2 and FR 3.5...

@Jesp That and Alonso...Alonso likes having Massa there,although he is a man who will always finish a race behind Alonso it might have been better having someone capable beating Vettel once in a while.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:02 pm

la bestia negra wrote:silly question but any one here keeping tabs on any other racing series
i used to watch when Shiya nakano was there, as i share same family name lol; dont get mistaken by family connection hahah anyway but danny pedrosa and jorge lorenzo are just amazing

not anymore, i dont know i never got interested in bikes ever... Formula 1 is the best ever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Vibe wrote:I watch MotoGP,GP2 and FR 3.5...

@Jesp That and Alonso...Alonso likes having Massa there,although he is a man who will always finish a race behind Alonso it might have been better having someone capable beating Vettel once in a while.
it definitely helps when getting data and sharing. and like u said, it helps alonso in his drivers championship.
vettel is a lucky kid. ok he is good in details, he is consistent, but he has privilege and resources none drivers have in the grid for 4 seasons.

put alonso in red bull ... vettel will get torpedoed!

ferrari is just overpushing themselves. windtunnel issues, risky designs, and there is pressure, and montezemolo pressure, i feel sorry for both alonso and massa.

James allison will be great addition to the team for sure. we have some real stuff to look forward to next season for various reasons!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:09 pm

and vibe, rory byrne is also working on 2014 project, he is the only designer who had more championship than newey prior to his retirement. but rory has been out for f1 for too long, some say he had just taken minimal advisory role after retirement. but now he is working aagain, plus james allison has arrived he had worked in ferrari previously. i can see ferrari improving.

not so good news is that they hired Loic Bigois from merc, we fired him after some poor performance. for me, he has never been one of those top aerodynamcist before he even joined brawn, he sucked at williams he sucked at merc.

i mean it was super stupid of ferrari to fire Aldo Costa!! i mean seriously!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:48 am

F1 2013 Season - Page 5 972393-15904683-640-360

Kimi back to Scuderia Ferrari 2 years contract!!!!!!! so Alonso and Kimi to partner! thats just crazy sic partnership.

great signing for Ferrari because they will push the team to pile some very impressive points for Constructor CHampionship.

with rory byrne and james allison overseeing design of the 2014 car with such huge rule change, i gotta feeling that ferrari might be a very dominating team yet again. great timing for Ferrari

not a good news for Alonso because he has been like no.1 driver all long, and he will not be so happy because kimi doesnt do no.2. he is always out for best. even when the news broke alonso had little to nothing to say about kimi except a " great driver " while having to say a lot about Filipe and saying thanks.

anyway.

while Mercedes is also in good position because they have people working on next year car, and engine department has been working crazy for 3-4 years developing the new turbo.

man 2014 cant come soon enough.

no one knows, but one thing for sure is that we might see a big gap in performance between teams because of engines, new designs. and not to mention drivers market is going crazy right now

another news broke out that hulkenburg manager was not happy how ferrari rejected nico with just a text saying we dont need you.

meanwhile lotus has come out and said both nico hulkenburg and massa has been their consideration with many other driver's managers coming to them for the seats. i gotta feeling that lotus will have hulkenburg and massa as their drivers.

and by now, Daniel Riccardo has been confirmed as red bull driver for next season alongside vettel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:10 am

As a Finn I am a little excited about Kimi going back to Ferrari and thus getting a better car, but I'm afraid Alonso will leave him in his shadow, Alonso and Vettel are ahead of anyone else out there, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next