CBarca
Le Samourai
The Franchise
46 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Thiago Alcantara - Page 7 Empty Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by The_Badger Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:40 am

Thiago has been conditioned into thinking he is far better than he actually is by the fans who cheer his name simply because they hate Fabregas aren't can't bring themselves to support him because he fled the club at an early age for the sake of progressing his career.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MadridiCanada Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

thiago made a very stupid decision going to Bayern. First of, he will have alot of trouble breaking into first 11 with schweini, kroos, martinez, gustavo, muller, and goetze in the midfield already.... secondly, pep will not always be bayern coach and another coach might as well want to give chance to german players rather than thiago...

he was better off going to United, a team with no midfield... he would have walked right into the starting 11 and enhanced his career.

stupid stupid choice.
MadridiCanada
MadridiCanada
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:53 pm

CBarca wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Got to hand it to Tito for exposing this traitor, and his quitter and glory hunter mentality. Now that the Barcelona quitter is ousted, hopefully the team can now return to winning ways start of next season.

With Fabregas leading the way?

:facepalm:

How we can sell Thiago and keep Fabregas I will never know.

Same here. What's a mistake from both player and the club.

Then we'll be looking for a central midfielder soon .. because Song isn't going to make it and Fabregas is more an AM than CM .

The 2 posts above mine are also spot on.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:12 pm

The_Badger wrote:Thiago has been conditioned into thinking he is far better than he actually is by the fans who cheer his name simply because they hate Fabregas aren't can't bring themselves to support him because he fled the club at an early age for the sake of progressing his career.

Thumbs up
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:25 pm

neuro11 wrote:Hate to see some people saying they predicted the ruin after Pep left. I can remember people (even in general section)praising this barca when Tito had record start of the season in la liga....
On topic, we know every coach has their own likings. With the current relation between Pep and Tito, if Tito identifies Thiago is an admirer of Pep rather than him (which is normal for Thiago) i doubt Tito would like thiago at all. That could have been a reason for not playing him enough or not admiring him in media....just a guess
Feel free to go back to my posts a year ago but I actually said it from the start, I think The Franchise was one of the only people on this forum whom (on a very rare occasion) supported me on that.

He is not elite enough for a top club such as Barcelona. On the psychological/mental area I've always said, since the beginning, that he was as inept as a coach can possibly be. I have rarely seen a player praising Vilanova during this one year reign while Guardiola (and even Rijkaard) used to get heaps of praise (and sometimes criticism) from his players - a sign of having character as opposed to being inert.

On the other hand I praised him for his tactics, knowing he was Guardiola's tactical mastermind, something that I have to admit I was not so correct as I have now come to the conclusion that he is nothing special in terms of tactics, not to mention he is very stubborn on sticking with his philosophies (which some are very questionable/flawed). And I felt that right from when he signed Song to play him as a CB. Any one who'd watched Arsenal a couple of times would have known the guy can't defend for shit.

Having said all this, no one can blame Vilanova. Look no further than your club's president. He is the one who chooses the people in charge and without sound too negative, I'd be surprised if Rosell leaves the club from the front door. He's been doing damage since he joined Barça.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:41 pm

danyjr wrote:
neuro11 wrote:Hate to see some people saying they predicted the ruin after Pep left. I can remember people (even in general section)praising this barca when Tito had record start of the season in la liga....
On topic, we know every coach has their own likings. With the current relation between Pep and Tito, if Tito identifies Thiago is an admirer of Pep rather than him (which is normal for Thiago) i doubt Tito would like thiago at all. That could have been a reason for not playing him enough or not admiring him in media....just a guess
Feel free to go back to my posts a year ago but I actually said it from the start, I think The Franchise was one of the only people on this forum whom (on a very rare occasion) supported me on that.

He is not elite enough for a top club such as Barcelona. On the psychological/mental area I've always said, since the beginning, that he was as inept as a coach can possibly be. I have rarely seen a player praising Vilanova during this one year reign while Guardiola (and even Rijkaard) used to get heaps of praise (and sometimes criticism) from his players - a sign of having character as opposed to being inert.

On the other hand I praised him for his tactics, knowing he was Guardiola's tactical mastermind, something that I have to admit I was not so correct as I have now come to the conclusion that he is nothing special in terms of tactics, not to mention he is very stubborn on sticking with his philosophies (which some are very questionable/flawed). And I felt that right from when he signed Song to play him as a CB. Any one who'd watched Arsenal a couple of times would have known the guy can't defend for shit.

Having said all this, no one can blame Vilanova. Look no further than your club's president. He is the one who chooses the people in charge and without sound too negative, I'd be surprised if Rosell leaves the club from the front door. He's been doing damage since he joined Barça.
I was not pointing you rather some Man U fan  who told this Barca can win CL even after appointment of Tito ... anyway
I also don want to blame Tito, he ofcourse did not beg for the job. The Rosell and co. have to take all the responsibilities.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:54 pm

I don't blame Thiago at all for leaving. It's a failure on the club on several levels which is why it's so unbelievable.

Thiago is just a kid who wants the minutes he deserves. He deserved more and was never given them by Barca. No reason to be upset with him for leaving for arguably the best manager in Europe who loves the kid and is willing to give him plenty of minutes in a team that is the best in the world right now.

Also, nobody cares about what Fabregas did as a kid. The fact of the matter is he was bought for a pretty penny and has brought nothing but trouble, flopping, and generally poor performances since he's got here.

People say "what has Thiago done?" and that selling him for 25 million euros while claiming keeping Fabregas is good need to ask themselves the same question but with Fabregas. He's done f*ck all since he's come and even worse brought on a domino effect which we predicted earlier would result in Thiago leaving. Thiago being the player who has outperformed Fabregas every minute since he's arrived.

And guess what? We were right.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:58 pm

Typical comments from the typical narrow minded types on here, I wont even argue them, such buffoonery.

Its such a shame we had to lose such a talent because certain figures refuse to see common sense.

I somehow and perhaps foolishly hope, one day he could return to us...but I find that quite unlikely.

Im dissapointed he went to Bayern, I dont know why he did that...I guess Pep alone was enough for him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:14 pm

I somehow and perhaps foolishly hope, one day he could return to us...but I find that quite unlikely.

Don't worry, I see us paying 40m for him in a few years. It is known.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Dani cheers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:29 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I would accept it. A small price to pay for our foolishness.

I dont believe we will though. Thiago wont be coverted like Cesc was...he would have to do a Pique and beg his way back...which he rightly, wont.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Would accept 40 million for Thiago in a year or 2 in a heartbeat.

Why we're in a situation where I have to say that though...is terrible.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Let's see, maybe Thiago doesn't really triumph at Bayern. He hasn't chosen the easiest path for sure.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Bayern never sells their players. They only sell scrubs or unneeded players. Even if the player force a move they never sell. Remember Ribbery -Madrid saga? Good luck getting Thiago back...he is gone for ever.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Adit wrote:Bayern never sells their players. They only sell scrubs or unneeded players. Even if the player force a move  they never sell. Remember Ribbery -Madrid saga? Good luck getting Thiago back...he is gone for ever.

Remember Hargreaves?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Yeah Bayern sold an super inury prone player who has played less than 20 games after leaving Bayern..big deal indeed.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:55 pm

But it proves your point is just complete and utter shit.

Bayern wanted Hargreaves to stay and they fought for two years to keep him and threatened to report Man Utd to FIFA until they eventually conceded defeat and sold him.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Which effectively proves what? Bayern never sell players. :lo:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:01 pm

Proves that:

Even if the player force a move they never sell.

Is just utter rubbish.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:43 pm

The Franchise wrote:Typical comments from the typical narrow minded types on here, I wont even argue them, such buffoonery.

Its such a shame we had to lose such a talent because certain figures refuse to see common sense.

Im dissapointed he went to Bayern, I dont know why he did that...I guess Pep alone was enough for him.

Agree with everything else dani but disagree on ever wanting him to return. I just wish that we have a clear policy in place that any cantera product leaving will NEVER be brought back no matter what he becomes. If we had been strict about this in the past few years some of the trouble that has happened could have been easily avoided.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Adit wrote:Bayern never sells their players. They only sell scrubs or unneeded players. Even if the player force a move  they never sell. Remember Ribbery -Madrid saga? Good luck getting Thiago back...he is gone for ever.

If he becomes key there then he is indeed gone forever but that's a big if in my view at least.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:58 pm

neuro11 wrote:
danyjr wrote:

I was not pointing you rather some Man U fan  who told this Barca can win CL even after appointment of Tito ... anyway
I also don want to blame Tito, he ofcourse did not beg for the job. The Rosell and co. have to take all the responsibilities.....

Better not be refering to me because I said no such thing. Been saying Barcelona are finished since Pep left.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:13 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Bayern are not Arsenal. If they don't want to sell, they won't. They are the one club in the world you can not bully to take players from - ask the 9856 teams that have tried to sign Ribéry and Schweinsteiger.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:52 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Typical comments from the typical narrow minded types on here, I wont even argue them, such buffoonery.

Agree with everything else dani but disagree on ever wanting him to return. I just wish that we have a clear policy in place that any cantera product leaving will NEVER be brought back no matter what he becomes. If we had been strict about this in the past few years some of the trouble that has happened could have been easily avoided.

Yeah but that ship is sailed JD, we arent going to do such a thing.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:10 pm

danyjr wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Bayern are not Arsenal. If they don't want to sell, they won't. They are the one club in the world you can not bully to take players from - ask the 9856 teams that have tried to sign Ribéry and Schweinsteiger.

Yeah but thats with the assumption they will want Thiago like they wanted Ribery. Which is not a given.

Better players than Thiago have left the club...Ballack for free, being an obvious one.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Better players than Thiago have left the club...Ballack for free, being an obvious one.

dani, there is a big difference between the Bayern of the Ballack days and the Bayern of today. In the Ballack days Bayern was the best team in Bundesliga but not too much more than that. The best of players wanted to leave them and Ballack leaving was not hard to understand. After Ballack left Bayern had a very poor season in 2006-07. That is when were sown the seeds of the Bayern we know today. For that I grudgingly admire their management. They may spend big money when they please and bully other clubs but their single minded determination to keep their own club at the top can't be denied. Its at this time that they showed that it's possible to go from your lowest point to a higher point than one you have reached in a long time. Many clubs would do well to study this period of Bayern's history as it could inspire them. The red letter moment was the signing of Franck Ribery. Getting a player of that kind of promise to join them without even being able to offer UCL football was phenomenal. Then onwards they only went up and up. Soon hardly any player wanted to leave Bayern and they became more and more significant in Europe. The one exception was Ribery who for a long time wanted to leave but his own form went down and he was beset with injuries and personal problems. That's why the likes of Real Madrid withdrew their interest. Today Bayern along with Barca and Madrid are arguably the only three clubs in the world where no key player harbors a desire to leave. Besides they are now the best team in the world. Hence it's difficult to see any player leaving them in the foreseeable future unless he is not wanted there. That said this is how it stands today and tomorrow can be a very different day.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next