CBarca
Le Samourai
The Franchise
46 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Thiago Alcantara - Page 6 Empty Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by The_Badger Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Do you not think if the club actually wanted him to stay they'd have gave him more playing minutes activating an increase buy-out clause and effectively dissuading other clubs from bidding for him?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Hmmmm...I have a question for you guys. Did Barca try to block the transfer?

Or in fact, could they have blocked the transfer?
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm sure the club tried to prevent it or talk him into a buy back contract but her seemed determined to leave.
Nothing else we could of done.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:34 pm

I need to rephrase my question.

So i am asking whether barcelona could have really blocked his transfer. Lets say IF real madrid came up with €18M could we have potentially signed him, inspite of barcelona's protests? (I know we wouldn't spoil our strained relations with Barca)
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:39 am

Bout time we lock this thread. He isn't ours anymore.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:23 am

Is that ok with everyone?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:12 am

Don't see why it needs to be locked personally. We might still want to talk about him, which seems likely as he will be playing under Pep.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:10 am

As far as I am concerned the board did NOTHING to keep him. At least I didn't read of anything. Instead of offering him a new contract they waited for him to make his decision. They never tried to explain to him how players like Xavi and Iniesta while showing patience and staying at Barca became the legends they are today. Even after the deal there isn't one comment of regret from anyone in the board. It seems to be them to be business well done. Essentially that's what this board is - cold businessmen who will never be men of football and never understand the ethos of Barcelona.

To reply to the question that was asked if Thiago was determined to leave we couldn't have done much because of the release clause. However I have this feeling that he was in two minds for a long time and any decisive action on our part could have given us around a 50% chance of retaining him but nothing was done.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:38 am

messixaviesta wrote:As far as I am concerned the board did NOTHING to keep him. At least I didn't read of anything. Instead of offering him a new contract they waited for him to make his decision. They never tried to explain to him how players like Xavi and Iniesta while showing patience and staying at Barca became the legends they are today. Even after the deal there isn't one comment of regret from anyone in the board. It seems to be them to be business well done. Essentially that's what this board is - cold businessmen who will never be men of football and never understand the ethos of Barcelona.

To reply to the question that was asked if Thiago was determined to leave we couldn't have done much because of the release clause. However I have this feeling that he was in two minds for a long time and any decisive action on our part could have given us around a 50% chance of retaining him but nothing was done.

But while that's a good point, it's worth noting that selling Thiago for 20 million euros is bad business on all fronts.

Not only are they stone cold businessmen, they are BAD stone cold businessmen.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:54 am

For me this just shows how inept Tito really is. He is *bleep* clueless.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:49 am

jibers wrote:For me this just shows how inept Tito really is. He is *bleep* clueless.

SMH, it is not only Tito's decision. Even the management needs to take responsibility. I would cut him some slack.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:08 am

anirudhkitt wrote:
jibers wrote:For me this just shows how inept Tito really is. He is *bleep* clueless.

SMH, it is not only Tito's decision. Even the management needs to take responsibility. I would cut him some slack.

Of course we all know Rosell is inept. Tito has shown his tactical naivety in too many games last season. He failed in every big game last year. I'll list it:

Failed againts Madrid in the super cup, The first half of that second leg could have been an embarrassment...

Failed against the worse AC Milan under Silvio

Failed against PSG and barely escaped

Lost to Madrid 3 times in a row even when Madrid played their 'B' team :facepalm:

Got raped and Barcelona suffered a record semi final defeat to Bayern.

Played Xavi despite having wrapped up the league with like 3/4 games to spare, and could have played Thiago... I mean, he is just terrible. Not surprising, I predicted the end immediately Pep left. Once the instigator of that playing style left it was clear that things could only go downhill.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:28 am

Let's give Tito a full season before we judge him so harshly.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Absolutely gutted.
This might even be worse than the Ibra transfer.We have let the best talent of this generation leave and that too for a measly 20 mil,while scrubs are getting sold for 50 odd million.
If we draw a top 10 worst transfers of all time,I am sure more than half would be from our club.

I think Tito is to be blamed for this.Not all the blame can be placed on Rossell.Not once did Tito come out and say that Thiago was an important member of the squad and was part of the future.If Tito had indicated to Rossell that Thiago needed to say,the board probably would have done more.
As it is Tito didnt want Thiago enough,Thiago got the message and left.So now that we have let go of a player who could have reached Xavi,Iniesta levels,we are left with the scrub Fabregas.

Fabregas,the gift that keeps giving.:facepalm: 

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:02 pm

And yet Tito knows more about the game than everyone on this board, why is his opinion being treated with such disdain?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:53 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Absolutely gutted.
This might even be worse than the Ibra transfer.We have let the best talent of this generation leave and that too for a measly 20 mil,while scrubs are getting sold for 50 odd million.
If we draw a top 10 worst transfers of all time,I am sure more than half would be from our club.

I think Tito is to be blamed for this.Not all the blame can be placed on Rossell.Not once did Tito come out and say that Thiago was an important member of the squad and was part of the future.If Tito had indicated to Rossell that Thiago needed to say,the board probably would have done more.
As it is Tito didnt want Thiago enough,Thiago got the message and left.So now that we have let go of a player who could have reached Xavi,Iniesta levels,we are left with the scrub Fabregas.

Fabregas,the gift that keeps giving.:facepalm: 

Excellent post.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Got to hand it to Tito for exposing this traitor, and his quitter and glory hunter mentality. Now that the Barcelona quitter is ousted, hopefully the team can now return to winning ways start of next season.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 am

Hate to see some people saying they predicted the ruin after Pep left. I can remember people (even in general section)praising this barca when Tito had record start of the season in la liga....
On topic, we know every coach has their own likings. With the current relation between Pep and Tito, if Tito identifies Thiago is an admirer of Pep rather than him (which is normal for Thiago) i doubt Tito would like thiago at all. That could have been a reason for not playing him enough or not admiring him in media....just a guess

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:28 am

Harmonica wrote:Got to hand it to Tito for exposing this traitor, and his quitter and glory hunter mentality. Now that the Barcelona quitter is ousted, hopefully the team can now return to winning ways start of next season.

Lol. What? He is joining a better team and will have more chances. Even with all the games to spare he was not played. Smart move, plus he joins up with arguably the best coach in europe
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:29 am

neuro11 wrote:Hate to see some people saying they predicted the ruin after Pep left. I can remember people (even in general section)praising this barca when Tito had record start of the season in la liga....
On topic, we know every coach has their own likings. With the current relation between Pep and Tito, if Tito identifies Thiago is an admirer of Pep rather than him (which is normal for Thiago) i doubt Tito would like thiago at all. That could have been a reason for not playing him enough or not admiring him in media....just a guess

Or Tito is inept?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:30 am

Harmonica wrote:Got to hand it to Tito for exposing this traitor, and his quitter and glory hunter mentality. Now that the Barcelona quitter is ousted, hopefully the team can now return to winning ways start of next season.

With Fabregas leading the way?

:facepalm:

How we can sell Thiago and keep Fabregas I will never know.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:06 am

jibers wrote:

Lol. What? He is joining a better team and will have more chances. Even with all the games to spare he was not played. Smart move, plus he joins up with arguably the best coach in europe
Yes, that's why I said about glory hunting?

Getting groomed and taught in Barcelona from the kid, being the best prospect, and then he takes the first easy chance to skip the team. He obviously didn't have Barcelona in his mind. He took everything and gave nothing.

I've always thought he looked smug, now I know he's full of himself.

Actually you only need to read his last name to find out the person he is.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:50 am

Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:

Getting groomed and taught in Barcelona from the kid, being the best prospect, and then he takes the first easy chance to skip the team. He obviously didn't have Barcelona in his mind. He took everything and gave nothing.

LOL. It goes both ways ffs.If the club did not show enough confidence in him wtf should he stay? They got Cesc flopbregas who has been flopping harder than a catata fish since he joined and he has played more. It makes no sense. It's a smart move, and he always said he wants to be successful at football not Barcelona. LOL. So any player that moves to a bigger club for more playing time is a glory hunter? I suppose Illaramendi is a glory hunter, Neymar is a glory hunter, Villa was a glory hunter etc.

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:09 am

Villa glory hunter :facepalm: no comments
Neymar glory hunter ??? i even wonder how he resisted a move all these years.... Consider you are a star around the world and still playing in Brazilian league with patience. many players would not even renew the last contract he did 2-3 years. He paid in full if there is any debt to Santos
Cesc can be said glory hunter for 2 reasons. he moved too early. he was very young and nothing get concludes in such a young age.And again he came back when he realized that his team now is unable to get any trophy whereas his old DNA is the best around. Adding to that Xavi is aging.....The best time to get regular time and success.
Thiago on contrary i would not say glory hunter. Rather impatient- that can even risk his entire career

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:15 am

jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:

LOL. It goes both ways ffs.If the club did not show enough confidence in him wtf should he stay? They got Cesc flopbregas who has been flopping harder than a catata fish since he joined and he has played more. It makes no sense. It's a smart move, and he always said he wants to be successful at football not Barcelona. LOL. So any player that moves to a bigger club for more playing time is a glory hunter? I suppose Illaramendi is a glory hunter, Neymar is a glory hunter, Villa was a glory hunter etc.

He played 98 games in three full seasons at age 19-22, Messi played 101 games in three full seasons at age 18-21, and Messi was in completely different level already at 19 that Thiago probably ever will be. He's full of himself, always have been and always will be.

He's the worst traitor that Barca ever had.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:40 am

Thiago has been conditioned into thinking he is far better than he actually is by the fans who cheer his name simply because they hate Fabregas aren't can't bring themselves to support him because he fled the club at an early age for the sake of progressing his career.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next