CBarca
Le Samourai
The Franchise
46 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Thiago Alcantara - Page 5 Empty Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:45 am

I've been saying he should start more than 50% of the matches since before it emerged he had a clause of 20m Thiago Alcantara - Page 5 Hipsterdani

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:56 am

Interesting article. Practically breaks down how off Thiago was off his target. Interesting read

http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2013/6/18/4440996/player-usage-chart-barcelona
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:17 am

I have two words for him :
Bad move

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:56 am

Sad Anyone know if we r going to sign a replacement? Im getting worried, Real got 2 already, we lose Thiago, its mid July and we have done jack all about our defense and midfield?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:01 am

we have Sergi Roberto for the smaller games..
so long as Xavi is available for big matches we should be fine
14/15 season though we will probably sign a real world class midfield to replace him... or anyone with a right mind would (which doesn't seem to be the case in our current board)
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:46 pm

neuro11 wrote:I have two words for him :
Bad move

Agree completely. My gut feeling is that Pep at Bayern will not work. He's taking over the best team in the world and trying to change things too soon. I expect a backlash sooner or later. Pep could be out before the season ends reduced from the world's most in demand coach to one with many doubts over him as happened with Rijkaard. After that Bayern may or may not have any use for Thiago.

As it stands right now it is so hard for Thiago to get minutes in their first team and if Pep goes out of his way to give him that it will very likely antagonize some other important players. If anything ManU sounded like a really good opportunity for him. Anyway only time can tell for sure.

However what is even more certain is that our forthcoming season is looking bleaker and bleaker with each passing day. Sad

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:48 pm

It's official. The entire Rosell administration is a bunch of pathetic clowns who each deserve to be kicked out of their respective office windows.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:45 pm

messixaviesta wrote:It's official. The entire Rosell administration is a bunch of pathetic clowns who each deserve to be kicked out of their respective office windows.

The funny thing about this is, it's a fairly seething description, but it's still an understatement.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:26 pm

25m euros for a player that has done virtually nothing in a Barca shirt! Laughing 

After signing Cesc this is the best bit of business the club has done in a while.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:32 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Bad move

Agree completely. My gut feeling is that Pep at Bayern will not work. He's taking over the best team in the world and trying to change things too soon. I expect a backlash sooner or later. Pep could be out before the season ends reduced from the world's most in demand coach to one with many doubts over him as happened with Rijkaard. After that Bayern may or may not have any use for Thiago.

As it stands right now it is so hard for Thiago to get minutes in their first team and if Pep goes out of his way to give him that it will very likely antagonize some other important players. If anything ManU sounded like a really good opportunity for him. Anyway only time can tell for sure.

However what is even more certain is that our forthcoming season is looking bleaker and bleaker with each passing day. Sad

Funny I was thinking the same thing. I can't see the Bayern fans being ok with say Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Gotze or Muller losing out on min's to get Thiago on the pitch. I'm sure it would piss them off sooner or later. And then what, Pep will have to listen to the fans and will have to bench Thiago again
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Thiago isn't going to jeopardise the playing time of players like Muller and Gotze though. Rolling Eyes 

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:24 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Bad move

Talented people will always find their way to success unless they're heavy slackers. If Thiago puts in the appropriate effort I doubt he'd fail at Bayern with or without Pep. Bayern isn't successful because they allow slackers to be in their starting lineup, that much is sure. I agree on the first part though Pep is making too many changes at once, backlash is inevitable. The question is how he'll manage the aforementioned.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:36 pm

The_Badger wrote:25m euros for a player that has done virtually nothing in a Barca shirt! Laughing 

After signing Cesc this is the best bit of business the club has done in a while.

Not sure if trolling or just an idiot.

Which one would you rather be?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Why are people saying Pep is changing too much?

We haven't even seen the team in action ffs. Wait a bit longer until you judge.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:12 pm

messixaviesta wrote:It's official. The entire Rosell administration is a bunch of pathetic clowns who each deserve to be kicked out of their respective office windows.
QFT
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:03 pm

CBarca wrote:
The_Badger wrote:25m euros for a player that has done virtually nothing in a Barca shirt! Laughing 

I think calling someone an "idiot" for simply expressing an opinion is actually trolling.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:53 pm

I have a few comments on this:

-Those calling him "unproven" or "has shown nothing" are missing the point, he wasn't given the chance to prove anything. Nevermind the fact that he was, by far, our best midfielder in the last quarter of the season, he wasn't given any important starts and the directive seemed happy to let him go.

-It is a travesty we did not offer him a new contract, make him feel wanted, had Xavi and other veterans speak to him about how being patient paid off, and Tito assure him his chance would come soon and he trusted him.

-Meanwhile while we essentially told him "make up your mind fast and we'll respect your decision" without making any effort whatsoever to keep him he had SAF on one ear and Pep in the other. I would've gone to United due to the ease to break into the team, but I can understand choosing Bayern as SAF is no longer the coach. Thiago must be keeping in mind what Pep did for Xavi's career.

-Some of you wanted him to stay and fight for a spot. Why should he? He is not a Barca fan, back in 2011 he said "I would be lying if I said I want to become a Barca legend, I want to become a football legend, regardless of what my club is".

-Are we still a great club at promoting the youth to the first team? (Note, I'm asking if we're great at it, obviously we are still good at it.) Perhaps this is premature as Tito was not given a full year and it was his debut, but that is no excuse really. In his first season Pep trusted Busquets as 2 large unknown quantities for great results. Our 2 brightest prospects barely played, youth players were only played when we had no other choice (montoya, bartra) and were never fully trusted. I even felt Tello was under used.

-Meanwhile, about a month and a week away from the first official game of the season, still no sign of a CB. No doubt there is still a lot of time left, but people often underestimate how important the pre-season is to adapt to a new team.

//rant
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:28 pm

The_Badger wrote:
CBarca wrote:

I think calling someone an "idiot" for simply expressing an opinion is actually trolling.

You haven't answered my question.

You can choose one. Pick.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:12 am

So upset by what happened... What a fail.

Here are my thoughts in an article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1704054-thiago-departure-a-costly-blunder-for-barcelona
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:26 am

CBarca wrote:
The_Badger wrote:
CBarca wrote:

You haven't answered my question.

You can choose one. Pick.

You don't deserve an answer.

I see you're only 17 so I'll forgive you for being incapable of debating and for being a tad immature. Very Happy

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:59 am

If you'd like to ask those here at the Barca board of my maturity levels or ability to debate go ahead. Your words are highly ironic.

I'll let this thread go back to its original purpose.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:06 am

So you understand the irony of asking someone if they are a troll when you attack their opinion, insult them and make no effort to debate it?

You're right though; it should get back to the original topic, shame you felt the need to derail it in the first place.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:06 am

People, please stay civil! If you continue trolling around I might be forced to deduct warning percentages and I really don't like having to do that, because it ruins my mood. And you don't want to cross me when I'm in a bad mood. So back to topic, please!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:47 pm

CBarca wrote:Why are people saying Pep is changing too much?

We haven't even seen the team in action ffs. Wait a bit longer until you judge.

Fair enough but the kind of players he is buying and the formations rumoured in the media do not seem to fit well with what they are used to. Anyway as you say let's wait and watch. It's fun to predict now and later claim see I told you long back it won't work, which is what I was trying to do. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:50 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I have a few comments on this:

-Those calling him "unproven" or "has shown nothing" are missing the point, he wasn't given the chance to prove anything. Nevermind the fact that he was, by far, our best midfielder in the last quarter of the season, he wasn't given any important starts and the directive seemed happy to let him go.

-It is a travesty we did not offer him a new contract, make him feel wanted, had Xavi and other veterans speak to him about how being patient paid off, and Tito assure him his chance would come soon and he trusted him.

-Meanwhile while we essentially told him "make up your mind fast and we'll respect your decision" without making any effort whatsoever to keep him he had SAF on one ear and Pep in the other. I would've gone to United due to the ease to break into the team, but I can understand choosing Bayern as SAF is no longer the coach. Thiago must be keeping in mind what Pep did for Xavi's career.

-Some of you wanted him to stay and fight for a spot. Why should he? He is not a Barca fan, back in 2011 he said "I would be lying if I said I want to become a Barca legend, I want to become a football legend, regardless of what my club is".

-Are we still a great club at promoting the youth to the first team? (Note, I'm asking if we're great at it, obviously we are still good at it.) Perhaps this is premature as Tito was not given a full year and it was his debut, but that is no excuse really. In his first season Pep trusted Busquets as 2 large unknown quantities for great results. Our 2 brightest prospects barely played, youth players were only played when we had no other choice (montoya, bartra) and were never fully trusted. I even felt Tello was under used.

-Meanwhile, about a month and a week away from the first official game of the season, still no sign of a CB. No doubt there is still a lot of time left, but people often underestimate how important the pre-season is to adapt to a new team.

//rant

Immense post. Summed it all up very well.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Do you not think if the club actually wanted him to stay they'd have gave him more playing minutes activating an increase buy-out clause and effectively dissuading other clubs from bidding for him?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next