Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kick
barca 2011
90 posters

Page 1 of 44 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 44  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by barca 2011 Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:41 am

Once again, we are very rapidly nearing the most exciting time of the footballing season as many major league come to close and the transfer rumours for the summer begin to pick up their pace at a furious rate. In a month's time the window will already be (unofficially) open so once again, let's get the wheels spinning for another season.

You may remember last year's summer transfer series in which we not only described the rumours but in the first few pages we also discussed potential moves which may or may not would've happened and looking back a year later, it's quite interesting, lol:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t20534-summer-transfer-rumour-thread?highlight=summer+transfer+rumour

So with that, I'll go ahead and kick it off with this year's 10 most mouth-watering potential moves, their sources and why they may or may not happened with none of them having been officially ruled out, yet. This can also serve as a continuation of the rumour threads already on here as well. So without futher ado:

10. A. Sanchez-Barcelona to Juventus. It's maybe the likeliest transfer of all that I'll mention and Juve is the likeliest destination. He hasn't lived up to his Udinese form but as we know a lot has had to do with how he has been utilized. At Juve, he'll link up with two old teammates from Udinese and he'd be in a familiar league and likely in a system which better suits him. Price for Barca: 26M Euros (2011).

9. F. Torres-Chelsea to Atletico. At almost 30, it seems El Nino's time in England might be up. While he is CFC's top scorer this season and he has regained some form he still isn't at what was once his briliant best. Plus Chelsea have Ba at their disposal and with younger strikers like Moses and the returning Lukaku and De Bruyne, Chelsea might still look to recoup some of his massive fee while they still can. And the most important factor: Falcao. Fee for Chelsea: 50M Pounds (2011).

8. M. Hummels-Dortmund to Barcelona. There are quite a few names who have been tipped as likely to leave Dortmund this summer so it'll be interesting to see how many stars they can hold onto. It's no secret that Barca need to buy at least one CB in order to tighten things up and who better than Hummels? Where last year we craved TS, this year it's him. He'd bring youth, size and a sweeper-like similarity in styles to Pique (and hopefully more form). Fee for Dortmund: 4M Euros (2009). Wow.

7. E. Cavani-Napoli to Madrid. With one of Benzema or Higuain likely to leave the Bernabeu and neither one of them terribly in-form Madrid is likely to splash the cash on a new CF. Recently named as the wealthiest club of all, they can easily do it too. He's also only 26. Wouldn't be a bad move. Fee for Napoli: 17M Euros (2010).

T6. W. Rooney-Man Utd to PSG / K. Benzema-Madrid to PSG. Bit of a draw. Both of these strikers have been linked to an exit and both have been linked to Paris. While Rooney has been said to be part of Utd's proposed overhaul, Benz would be going back to his home country since Higuain is still likely to stay. PSG can totally afford to purchase both but would likely go with just one, if any, to partner with Ibra and Lavezzi upfront.
Fee for Man Utd: 25.6M Pounds (2004) / Fee for Madrid: 35M Euros (2009)

5. M. Goetze-Dortmund to Arsenal. Another Dortmund star linked with a move, it would be one of the higher profile purchases Arsenal would be making in a while. With Santi Cazorla just recently filling in the void left by Fabregas' departure he'd have every chance to light up the PL if he keeps his hot form and he would defo compliment Cazorla in their attacking midfield. But while Dortmund will NOT want to sell one of their two young stars, Arsenal are known to spend rarely, meaning they could afford him. Whether they spend is another issue. Fee for Dortmund: Youth

4. M. Reus-Dortmund to Barcelona. And finally, the third. While three of Dortmund's biggest stars are unlikely to all leave at once, the chance of one of them leaving is pretty high. Reus has also been in red hot form, has shown he is proficient at FKs and usually plays on the left. Like our CB problem, Barca as we know also has many names that can play at the wings but none have really had a good season this year, leaving most of the workload for Messi. Alexis is likely to leave, Pedro and Villa have been too inconsistent and Tello is finally just now being given minutes. Normally I'd be against a move like this because it might hinder Tello's development but Reus, like nearly all our wingers, is also very versatile as far where they play upfront. This is one of the less likely moves this summer however. Fee for Dortmund: 17.1M Euros (2012)

3. Falcao-Atletico to Chelsea. This is a move in which it really all depends on both players making the swap if you will. Atleti will be looking to receive a handsome fee for Falcao who they paid for quite a bit themselves, and Chelsea could afford it. But it seems like a swap would benefit both clubs and the players: Torres goes back to where he is loved and became an icon for cheap, while Chelsea buy a WC striker that they could easily afford. A swap would soften the financial blow for both, with Atleti profiting and Falcao getting a chance to wow the English football world. Torres also gets to play the remainder of the EL season. Fee for Atletico: 40-50M Euros (2011)

2. G. Bale-Tottenham to Madrid. This was a transfer that was almost set for last year. But while last year it was more between Barca and Real as potential destinations, it now seems Real have the advantage for him. This would be a galactico-esque buy and it would make for a scary madrid with a potential front 4 of
Ozil-Bale-CR7 behind Cavani hmm Whether or not Spurs can make the CL once again will be a big factor behind this deal happening or not. Fee for Tottenham: 7M Euros (2007).

1. Neymar-Santos to Barcelona. Once again my number 1 pick for the second year in a row now, this would be the summer's biggest move. But it seems as if almost every day there is a new article quoting someone from either party saying it'll happen this year, it'll happen next year and even Neymar himself saying that it'll happen when he wants it too. Recently there were reports of talks set to happen in July but we've also heard that Santos want to wait until after the World Cup. And we've even heard that a pre-contract agreement has also been reached. Whatever the case, Neymar would certainly add flair to Barca's attack alongside Messi and if he came this year, Reus would definitely not. Either way this is looking to become a saga and despite the criticisms, I think that a front three of Tello-Messi-Neymar would be :bow:. It's up in the air either way. Fee for Santos: Youth

So that's it. I'm dying to hear you're thoughts and given these potential transfers this could be one of the most exciting windows in a long time. So thanks for the read, post your own wishlists and let's spread the rumours here as we hear them, since from here on out there will be plenty.

Also, I was going to include C. Eriksen in my list, but it seems that he has confirmed a move to Liverpool this summer for 32M USD, up to a potential 60M. Is there any truth to this?

Last edited by barca 2011 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by Kick Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:51 am

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is already a thread. Also Torres isn't 30 yet....
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:57 am

Kick wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble but there is already a thread. Also Torres isn't 30 yet....
Well like I said, it's meant more as a continuation of it. It's not like there will be any shortage of transfer talk on this forum, there never is. And the timing is ripe.

Also sorry, I meant to type "almost 30".
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:52 am

Kick wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble but there is already a thread. Also Torres isn't 30 yet....

Tbf the other one is 58 pages long so its going to get locked soon anyway so probably good this was made.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Roma interested in signing Chelsea's new signing Wallace on loan, with an option for a permanent deal.

Wallace's agent Mathias Frederico Moraes:

"It is true that I always speak with Walter [Sabatini] [Roma sporting director, ed.] and the player is definitely highly regarded", Moraes told Tutto Mercato.

Asked about a potential move to Roma, the agent replied: "That depends on the two clubs, they decide the deal that they would possibly move the player on for.

"I take care of the interests of the player and what I can say on that is that there is no agreement for a transfer to Roma."

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-ag-wallace-parlo-spesso-con-sabatini-roma-club-importante-441984

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:03 pm

I'd be open to a loan option for Wallace as there is no room for him in our squad, not sure about selling him though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Falcao is coming to Utd. Believe it. :bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Firenze wrote:Falcao is coming to Utd. Believe it. :bow:

Torres is moving to Atleti has his replacement. :bow:

Cavani to Chelsea to replace Torres. :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:02 pm

come on, do you really believe atleti are going to buy torres for 20+ mill plus wages when there are better cheaper options out there? would you?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:04 pm

actually, I was going on the assumption that Falcao to Utd was a joke.

Torres will still be at Chelsea next season. Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Ibrahimovic to Juve
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Tbf the other one is 58 pages long so its going to get locked soon anyway so probably good this was made.
Thank u for seeing that, lol, that was my point.

But anyways, there's many sites claiming that both Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in purchasing Tello since his buyout is cheaper at 8.5M pounds. Barca will not sell though. If we did then our transfer policies would be a joke, but it won't happen.

And James is still linked with Man Utd. He's also linked to Atleti but tbh Torres would be cheaper than James. Porto never sell cheap.

And there is an almost disturbing lack of City in these transfer headlines at the moment. Are they trying to have a quiet window?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:24 pm

city need to sell some players first, which is going to be difficult.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:32 pm

£8.5m seems quite good value for Tello: is there any confirmation of this release clause, or is it just rumor? And if there is a release clause, Barca don't have any choice but to sell if it's met, right?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Chumlum wrote:£8.5m seems quite good value for Tello: is there any confirmation of this release clause, or is it just rumor? And if there is a release clause, Barca don't have any choice but to sell if it's met, right?

From the other rumour thread:

Tello apparently only has a release clause of 10m Euros. He wanted it to be that when he signed a new deal last December.

The clause would have been increased to 14m Euros, if he had played 51 official matches. However he's only played 26.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/summer-battle-for-e10m-tello/

27 games now I guess since he's playing against Levante at the moment.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Arsenal interested in Dragovic, apparently:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/20/basel-confirm-arsenal-interest-in-top-transfer-target-aleksandar-dragovic-3660180/

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:00 pm

I guess this summer, Basel will have to rebuild again as there is interest by several teams in Valentin Stocker, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Chumlum wrote:£8.5m seems quite good value for Tello: is there any confirmation of this release clause, or is it just rumor? And if there is a release clause, Barca don't have any choice but to sell if it's met, right?
I'm not 100% on if they have to sell. I really hope not.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Sagna could leave Arsenal this Summer according to Le Parisien.

http://www.leparisien.fr/espace-premium/sports/sagna-vers-un-depart-d-arsenal-21-04-2013-2744643.php

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Sagna could leave Arsenal this Summer according to Le Parisien.

http://www.leparisien.fr/espace-premium/sports/sagna-vers-un-depart-d-arsenal-21-04-2013-2744643.php

FML
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:06 pm

I thought Sagna leaving was quite obvious...?
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:07 pm

That bite might actually send Suarez out of England sadly.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:11 am

Sconcert(Sky Italia)i: "Jovetić has a £25m buy-out clause. There's already a buyer. Who? If you go to England, you're not wrong."

Off to City then. Smh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:16 am

People are going to castrate me here but City do need another forward.

Tevez and Dzeko are not good enough and Aguero while can be good enough has been garbage this season.

Watching them today made me realise it, they play nice stuff but their final ball and lack of anything clinical is awful.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:26 am

JoJo is a forward in the mold of Rooney, Ibra and Lewandowski

He'd look for teammates to set up a goal instead

The plus side is that he has exceptional finishing (Unlike Lewandowski)

During the Prandelli year of Viola, he opted to use him behind the striker

Dont know much about what Arsenal would want, but dont you guys want someone like a poacher (i.e. Gomez) instead of JoJo? cuz he's gonna be really expensive

Just my thoughts, would like to hear more about an Arsenal fan's POV
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 44 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 44  Next