January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.

+52
Amar
Jack Russell
EL Patron
Forza
Mr Nick09
Ali
OLpower
SUPERCARTTS
Wilson37
Abramovich
jcsc13
Zealous
6unner
boss
Arsenalfaithfull
Kwame2u
REWB
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Highburied
Spider
nikolai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rwo power
Ganso
El Gunner
Sushi Master
Iceman
Emaharg
Arquitecto
DeviAngel
djoe26
jayp
gmos01
Jamin
JAY-Z
Funkentelechy
shinigami99
aleumdance
urbaNRoots
Artilleristen
lenear1030
MJ
Sri
SamuelJayC
Quinten Metsys
beatrixasdfghjk.
Raptorgunner
Twoism
TalkingReckless
Sina
RealGunner
Jay29
56 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.  - Page 20 Empty Re: January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Arsenal are battling with Everton and 14 other European clubs for the services of VVV Venlo winger Ahmed Musa, 19, after the club confirmed he is set to leave the Eredivise outfit during the January transfer window. (Metro)

Out of the 14 clubs,at least 5 clubs would have come to know that Ahmed Musa existed,ONLY after Arsenal started scouting/showing interest on him.

Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.  - Page 20 Empty Re: January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.

Post by MJ Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:11 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:
Arsenal are battling with Everton and 14 other European clubs for the services of VVV Venlo winger Ahmed Musa, 19, after the club confirmed he is set to leave the Eredivise outfit during the January transfer window. (Metro)

Out of the 14 clubs,at least 5 clubs would have come to know that Ahmed Musa existed,ONLY after Arsenal started scouting/showing interest on him.

Exactly. I see him as our most realistic target right now.

Just want to warn everyone not to get their hopes too high for players like Sow, Podolski and Hazard this month. Sow is going to AFCON and is highly valued, Hazard is highly valued and is under contract until 2015 and we all know the situation with Podolski right now.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:27 pm

I agree MJ, I just dont see Wenger going after any big name player. Wenger is smart he is looking at other teams and Man u, Liverpool and Chelsea are all struggling, so he knows we have a chance to finish in the top 4 if we can grind out some results till some of the guys return.

Wenger knows we wont win the EPL and if some how we can finish in the top 4 that is good enough for him.

Its good we get 2 weeks break from EPL, in few weeks we should have 2 to 3 guys back.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:37 pm

I know we wont be getting any one big, but why are not we selling all the dead wood. I would like to give the young guys a chance rather than some of the deadwood.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:44 pm

We'd be pretty stretched out if we sold them now. If we sold Arshavin and Chamakh the only capable strikers would be RvP and Henry with Park on the bench. And our left flank would be non-existent (I don't know how well Henry can play on the left wing this late in his career). So we'd have Walcott and AOC as wingers and 3 strikers. Way too depleted. We'll definitely see some signings to fix that. Probably sell the dead wood in summer.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Arsenal have bid for Matias Suarez of Anderlecht according to some wannabe ITK
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Steve Kean confirms Blackburn will listen to offers for Junior Hoilett this month, as he is out of contract in the summer.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:15 pm

"Arsenal have officially put a bid on for Matias Suarez, Pasion de Multitudes exclusively told you long ago about this."

via @JavierPerez108
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:"Arsenal have officially put a bid on for Matias Suarez, Pasion de Multitudes exclusively told you long ago about this."

via @JavierPerez108

So is this concrete? If it is, how good is this guy?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Matías Suárez sounds like a typical AW signing. 23, relatively unknown, 14 goals in 22 starts this season.

January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.  - Page 20 127910402_crop_650x440
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Yeah, I read that he had a peak in performance this year.

Early 20s winger brought in from a less competitive league. Relatively unknown. Sound familiar?
January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.  - Page 20 Nasri460
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Matias plays a bit like Reyes I'm told. Right-footed left-winger/striker. A cheaper/lesser version of Podolski but with more potential?

-----

Meanwhile:

Arsenal are close to loaning Wayne Bridge until the end of the season and will pay 40% of his wages, according to twitter rumours.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:49 pm

I wouldn't mind this Suarez guy also known as "Oreja" Very Happy

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Anderlecht have denied Argentinian reports that Arsenal have made an offer for Matias Suarez (via @tomvermeersch )

Rolling Eyes
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Matias plays a bit like Reyes I'm told. Right-footed left-winger/striker. A cheaper/lesser version of Podolski but with more potential?

-----

Meanwhile:

Arsenal are close to loaning Wayne Bridge until the end of the season and will pay 40% of his wages, according to twitter rumours.

wayne bridge? :facepalm: :facepalm:
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Anderlecht striker Matias Suarez claims two clubs are interested in him, with reports suggesting Arsenal and Marseille are keen.

The Argentine forward has been in excellent form for the Belgian giants this term, including netting six goals in six European games.

The 23-year-old is now attracting interest from around Europe, and the former Belgrano man admits he would consider a move.

"I do dream of a big transfer, but for now it seems quiet," Suarez is quoted by the Argentine media.

"There are two clubs interested, but if it does not happen this winter - so be it and I will then do everything to make Anderlecht champions."

Suarez's current deal at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium expires in 18-months.

Source: SkySports
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:07 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Anderlecht striker Matias Suarez claims two clubs are interested in him, with reports suggesting Arsenal and Marseille are keen.

The Argentine forward has been in excellent form for the Belgian giants this term, including netting six goals in six European games.

The 23-year-old is now attracting interest from around Europe, and the former Belgrano man admits he would consider a move.

"I do dream of a big transfer, but for now it seems quiet," Suarez is quoted by the Argentine media.

"There are two clubs interested, but if it does not happen this winter - so be it and I will then do everything to make Anderlecht champions."

Suarez's current deal at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium expires in 18-months.

Source: SkySports

Come on Wenger pick him up, we need some at least 2 new players.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Watch 3:30 - 6:45

Especially the last part :facepalm: Some Anderlecht fans are claiming that he needs more consistency, and can be just a one season wonder. I'm doubting him now.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Carlos vela 2.0
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:45 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:No he is both, and what about arteta is good, he sits back and makes passes that can not be controlled, I mean half of his passes hit the player he passes to's foot, and then bounces halfway back to him, and Gibbs is terrible, I don't knos why clichy didn't have a better backup, I'd rather get eboue back, and play him on the left then iethere one of the two crappy lb's we have.

Uh, what?

Little stat for you to consider. Mikel Arteta has the highest amount of successful passes in the opposition half in the whole league, and over 90% of his passes as a whole are successful.

Suffice to say, Arteta can pass a football. Don't know about anyone else, but I consider that to be a good thing about him.

Be careful bringing up stats. Just heard a few weeks back and not sure if it is completly true. But what constitutes a "successful" pass is any ball kicked from one player and hitting a team mate. The commentators brought it up in regards to Arsenal and how stats can be miss-construed. For instance If Artetta passes the ball to Rambo and it bounces off of Rambo because the ball was kicked to hard. That is a completed pass by Artetta and a turn over by Rambo.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:05 pm

6unner wrote:

Be careful bringing up stats. Just heard a few weeks back and not sure if it is completly true. But what constitutes a "successful" pass is any ball kicked from one player and hitting a team mate. The commentators brought it up in regards to Arsenal and how stats can be miss-construed. For instance If Artetta passes the ball to Rambo and it bounces off of Rambo because the ball was kicked to hard. That is a completed pass by Artetta and a turn over by Rambo.

Pass or no pass he has got the job done.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Carlos vela 2.0

vela is better than chamakh, and mati looks a bit better than vela so im good, go get him wenger!
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Matias would be a good signing, though Belgian friend I follow on twitter said he is inconsistent and goes missing in the bigger games. Still 23 though.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Arsenal's offer for Matias Suarez is £8.2m reportedly. Interesting. I like the look of him so much. (admittedly quite a bit on utube)

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:38 pm

I thought it was denied that they bid for him.

I'd welcome any winger Wenger sees as having enough quality to try and get. Maybe get him and turn him into the best Suarez in the PL Very Happy
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jcsc13 Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Id be very happy with a Suarez in the team since my last name is also Suarez Smile
jcsc13
jcsc13
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next