Ronaldo, Messi or Kahn; Who would you pick?

+13
Rebaño Sagrado
Magricos
Adit
teza1992
Jack Daniels
the xcx
guest7
EarlyPrototype
xabi
ronalessi
Ganso
S
huntsman
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ronaldo, Messi or Kahn; Who would you pick?   Empty Ronaldo, Messi or Kahn; Who would you pick?

Post by huntsman Sun 9 Oct - 12:52

If Perez calls you now and asks you to choose between keeping Ronaldo or trading him for Messi or Kahn, who would you choose and why?

Me, i would trade ronaldo for Kahn. Messi would be tempting to get, but i would still go for Kahn because he would give madrid the fire and courage and drive they are missing all those past 10 years. He would also give them the spirit to fight until the last second never giving up and never saying die.

Kahn is not only the super goal keeper we are missing at the moment, he is also a great leader and motivator. Off the pitch we have a great leader and motivator in Mourinho but on the pitch we dont have this type of player. Messi, we can do without him. We can entrust the offence to Higgs and Benz, and the midfield to Ozil, Kaka, and sahin. And the defense and goal keeping to Kahn.

That's why i picked Kahn.

If you decide on keeping Ronaldo i understand.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo, Messi or Kahn; Who would you pick?   Empty Re: Ronaldo, Messi or Kahn; Who would you pick?

Post by S Sun 9 Oct - 12:55

+1 :lol!:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo, Messi or Kahn; Who would you pick?   Empty Re: Ronaldo, Messi or Kahn; Who would you pick?

Post by Ganso Sun 9 Oct - 12:58

Iker the terrible>Kahn

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sun 9 Oct - 13:00

lolwut? Laughing
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sun 9 Oct - 13:04

Huntsman :bow:
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun 9 Oct - 13:09

I say Almunia.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun 9 Oct - 13:13

Messi ffs
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun 9 Oct - 13:40

wth lol?..I would pick Kahn for the sake of lulz.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sun 9 Oct - 13:59

I'm watching
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by teza1992 Mon 10 Oct - 7:38

Kahn for me aswell.
Messi and Ronny you can somewhat replace but Kahn was the greatest goalkeeper I have ever seen, miles ahead of iker in every department imo.
teza1992
teza1992
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 8:29

:facepalm:

This thread is full of so much fail

Ronaldo all the way and it's obvious most people here never watched Kahn beyond some highlights of the World Cup in 2002

He was more (yes more) error prone than Casillas. Not just keeping mistakes, but complete brain farts.

The final in 2002 is just one example of many, like the goal he let in from Roberto Carlos in 02/03. When it came to the big moments he seemed to bottle it ala 1999 UCL final.

Yes he is the all time clean sheet leader in the Bundesliga but he has also played more games than any other goalkeeper as well.

A great keeper though despite his bouts of madness and his decline towards the end of his career, but I think people get caught up in it too much. I watched him throughout the majority of his career (most of his Bayern years) and for my money Peter S was a much better keeper on all levels.

Kahn was a truly great keeper but over rated by so many it's not even funny. I would not put him in the list of top 5 greatest keepers of all time, yet I believe Casillas is already knocking on that door and considering he has another 5 years at least left in him then he may well destroy that door altogether with a few more trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 8:51

First of all, you're always going to choose a field player over a goalkeeper if you're looking at legends. Second, Messi is the best player in the world right now... so you have to take him over anyone else (right now. Not in 2008 and maybe not in after this year). Kahn was a legend; but he's not even in the top 5 keepers i've ever seen. Zoff, Buffon, Van Der Sar, Schmeichel and Chilavert were all better than him of the keepers i witnessed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon 10 Oct - 9:04

This guy and his you tube adventures Crying or Very sad

I would like to show him that roberto carlos grounder against Bayern in 2004 then he might jump to buffon band wagon Smile
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon 10 Oct - 9:19

sportsczy wrote:First of all, you're always going to choose a field player over a goalkeeper if you're looking at legends.

That's where me and you differ in terms of tactics. I dont have to always choose a field player over a goalkeeper. I will only choose whatever my current team is lacking. Kahn, is not just a legend goalkeeper. He is a true leader, and a great motivator. Kahn is a way of life and a school for teaching discipline and courage.

If i am looking at legends, and i were to pick one of them, i will only pick what my team needs right now.

sportsczy wrote:
Second, Messi is the best player in the world right now... so you have to take him over anyone else (right now. Not in 2008 and maybe not in after this year).

I chose Kahn over Messi because Madrid needs him for the qualities i mentioned above. I didnt choose Messi because Messi hasnt proven to be the best player yet when he is not teamed up with Xavi / Iniesta. If i choose Messi over kahn, i might be gambling, and maybe i have to end up cashing on Xavi and / or Iniesta as well to bring out the best of Messi. Messi Barcelona is the best player in the world, but Messi Real Madrid might not be.

sportsczy wrote:
Kahn was a legend; but he's not even in the top 5 keepers i've ever seen. Zoff, Buffon, Van Der Sar, Schmeichel and Chilavert were all better than him of the keepers i witnessed.

That's your opinion. I am sure Van Der Sar is not even close to Kahn's level. Buffon? I dont think so. I dont know about the rest, sure i have heard about them, but since you ve already failed to impress me with two of your 5 nominations, i will take a guess and say that Kahn is better than all of them.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon 10 Oct - 9:29

teza1992 wrote:Kahn for me aswell.
Messi and Ronny you can somewhat replace but Kahn was the greatest goalkeeper I have ever seen, miles ahead of iker in every department imo.

That's exactly what i thought as well, teza. When i am selecting a team out of a group of players, my team, the first player i pick is a good goalkeeper then i start selecting the field players.

A goalkeeper contributes to more than 30% of the team, and i dare say 50% and more in some cases. Most of the big NT and clubs who won trophies had the best GK in the world.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon 10 Oct - 9:32

:lol!:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon 10 Oct - 9:36

Cant believe khan is this much overrated here,buffon at peak was pretty clearly better than him.Oh and iker is already on par with Khan and he is not even hit peak years,iker imo has got the best reflex in football history.Like crim said he is already knocking on all time top 5 GK list,its a matter of time now..Khan had alot of crucial big game blunders,how are people ignoring them.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon 10 Oct - 9:40

Adit wrote:Cant believe khan is this much overrated here,buffon at peak was pretty clearly better than him.Oh and iker is already on par with Khan and he is not even hit peak years,iker imo has got the best reflex in football history.Like crim said he is already knocking on all time top 5 GK list,its a matter of time now..Khan had alot of crucial big game blunders,how are people ignoring them.

Iker is wasted. He's long gone. He doesnt have it in him anymore. You can see it from his eyes, and from his body. He has gained weight. At his peak ,a few years back, iker was a mediocre goalkeeper. Currently, he doesnt rank in the top 10 goalkeepers in the world. And i dont think he makes the top 50 list of best GK of all time.

Iker was never and will never be good enough to be compared to Kahn.

Iker and Real Madrid are like water and oil. They dont mix. Maybe Iker will hit another peak if he joins another club but with Real Madrid he's a curse. Madrid will never / and has never won a single big trophy under the captaincy of this highly over-rated goal keeper in one decade.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon 10 Oct - 9:49

Man i believe i havent insulted any Madridistas here so far,dont force me banana
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 9:59

:facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon 10 Oct - 10:09

huntsman wrote:
Adit wrote:Cant believe khan is this much overrated here,buffon at peak was pretty clearly better than him.Oh and iker is already on par with Khan and he is not even hit peak years,iker imo has got the best reflex in football history.Like crim said he is already knocking on all time top 5 GK list,its a matter of time now..Khan had alot of crucial big game blunders,how are people ignoring them.

Iker is wasted. He's long gone. He doesnt have it in him anymore. You can see it from his eyes, and from his body. He has gained weight. At his peak ,a few years back, iker was a mediocre goalkeeper. Currently, he doesnt rank in the top 10 goalkeepers in the world. And i dont think he makes the top 50 list of best GK of all time.

Iker was never and will never be good enough to be compared to Kahn.

Iker and Real Madrid are like water and oil. They dont mix. Maybe Iker will hit another peak if he joins another club but with Real Madrid he's a curse. Madrid will never / and has never won a single big trophy under the captaincy of this highly over-rated goal keeper in one decade.

yes it's Iker's fault that we have had to face one of the greatest teams of all time even with Raul or who ever you think is "good enough" to lead this RM we are still not better than them
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon 10 Oct - 10:11

No it's not iker's fault. It's real madrid's fault for clinching on him. Real Madrid should have invested on a good goalkeeper a long time ago.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 10:14

huntsman wrote:No it's not iker's fault. It's real madrid's fault for clinching on him. Real Madrid should have invested on a good goalkeeper a long time ago.

Can you please take your trolling bs elsewhere please

I don't want this trolling crap in our section again ffs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon 10 Oct - 10:19

huntsman wrote:No it's not iker's fault. It's real madrid's fault for clinching on him. Real Madrid should have invested on a good goalkeeper a long time ago.

what would a "good" gk done for us in la liga were we lost points to small teams because our creativity in attacking was horrible what would a "good" gk that's a "strong leader" gotten us then what is this " good gk with great leadership" suddenly inspire a great play or is he going to score the winnig goal
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon 10 Oct - 10:22

this guy is a *bleep* disgrace.

Mods

Why why this to us? y? Mad
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next