Vucinic: Scudetto journey is long

Go down

Vucinic: Scudetto journey is long  Empty Vucinic: Scudetto journey is long

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:37 am

Mirko Vucinic has become the latest Juventus man to cool the Scudetto enthusiasm around the club.

The Old Lady are being talked about as serious title contenders after a thrilling start to the season which saw them beat Milan 2-0 last weekend.

Although the Montenegro ace wants to end the campaign at the top of the League, he insists the journey is a long one.

“The team is strong and we can certainly go far,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday. “However, it’s too soon to make any promises.

“You don’t win championships in the autumn, but at the end of a very long race. We hope to do it though.”

Vucinic joined the Bianconeri in a €15m deal over the summer after years of service with capital giants Roma.

“I left a piece of my heart in Rome,” he added. “I spent five fascinating and intense years with that club.

“Next week’s Rome derby? I’ve scored four goals against Lazio for Roma. It is a special game for me.”

Juventus, joint Serie A leaders with Udinese, play Chievo once Serie A resumes after the international break.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down