Is it finally safe to say that Merkel was over-hyped?

+20
Fadi
shamr9pato
BigBoban
Grande_Milano
vu
fadjriemilan
Cotes
Chagur
JuvenelCuore
Forza
c_bernard10
uzonero
nichabr
baresi
Cruijf
disait
dostoevsky
BiasedMilanFan3
Eivindo
nicholasmenger
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is it finally safe to say that Merkel was over-hyped? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it finally safe to say that Merkel was over-hyped?

Post by BigBoban Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:35 pm

I still have high hopes for Merkel, if can get 20+ starts a season and stay fit he'll come good, besides his still a baby for Milan standards

BigBoban
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Is it finally safe to say that Merkel was over-hyped? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it finally safe to say that Merkel was over-hyped?

Post by shamr9pato Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:40 am

did anyone else see didacs amazing early cross that lead to espanyols goal vs betis?? looks like our loanees are doing a good job, wish they would return to replace the veterans and headless chickens..
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:50 am

Merkel now has a blog about life in Genoa. (Thanks to Serge Gnabry for posting this originally.)

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/international/merkel-kolumne/alexander-merkel-kolumne-fc-genua-saisonstart-serie-a-ac-milan-inter-mailand-miroslav-klose.html
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasmenger Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:34 am

Another start for Merkel... I figured Genoa's midfield couldn't be that outstanding to keep him out. Glad to see him making his way and I hope he keeps it up.

Side note. Strasser scored today. What what!...
nicholasmenger
nicholasmenger
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:21 pm

allegri doesn't know how to handle youngsters, just look at elshaarawi and merkel before him. merkel didn't really flop with us, it's just that he was under immense pressure(who could blame him!), so he made some mistakes and felt lost in midfield, didn't really know what to do with the ball or how to position himself properly. same also happening with elshaarawi right now, they only get last 5 minutes of every game, barely enough time to prove or learn anything...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vu Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:36 pm

who says that merkel flopped for us? in fact, he was very impressive and earned some starts even after we recovered our first team players.
now hes getting continuous minutes in genoa and hes playing his role fairly well. i hope to see him getting some chances in center mid though...

and el shaarawi was never expected to get lots of time with us. maybe once were playing with some regularity, hell get more chances. definitely in the coppa italia at the latest.

vu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:02 pm

i guess el sharaawy will get a few more minutes now that we are short of options upfront
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:58 am

Merkel did not 'flop' due to mismanagement, nor did he star, he simply played like the 18 year old kid that he was for us. Regardless of his potential, no coach can make Merkel look better than he is, which is a useful talent who is growing and learning all the time. We have a crowded midfield when everyone is fit, and Merkel was only ever considered due to a crisis, he was frankly fortunate to ever get the time he did and even then, it's more than Leonardo would have ever given him.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:44 am

I say we let go of Ambro, Flamini,and Seedorf end of this season then bring in Merkel and a WC MF!
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:31 am

red&blacklegion wrote:I say we let go of Ambro, Flamini,and Seedorf end of this season then bring in Merkel and a WC MF!

Flamini is actually decent under Allegri. Keep him.
But Ambro and Seedorf have to go
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:06 am

If El Shaarawy, Strasser & Merkel were in the same team... Chaka
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Ambrosini and Seedorf are 100% done at the end of this season, if not the season after that, I'm sure of this. Gattuso has about a 50% chance of being able to play again, so we should prepare for his departure as well. I see no reason to get rid of Flamini, unless he cannot bounce back from his injury. In the wake of all this I see us bringing in or back at the very least three players. In my opinion Merkel and Strasser will be back for sure, while that leaves room for us to either purchase a mid-fielder or rely on the young Simone Calvano, either way I'm content.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Great for both Strasser and Merkal to get playing time now so hopefully in the next year or so they'll be ready for the MIlan midfield, as MTD pointed out, Ambro i think is 100% finished at the club, not sure about Seedorf just yet?

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:57 pm

i'd like to have both merkel and strasser back today rather than tomorrow but what's the point in bringing them back if Mr allegri isn't going to give them chances and playing time??

he actually had more faith in 3 finished midfielders(ambro, seedorf and gatusso) than merkel, strasser or even elsharaawi, tragic stuff really...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:29 am

Neither Merkel or Strasser at their new clubs have gone anywhere close to outperforming Seedorf and Gattuso during the last season and it's hardly fair to compare them yet when they've been unable to play as regularly this season.

If Merkel or Strasser weren't getting regular game time then I'd rather they sit on our bench than that of another club, however they are in perfect situations gaining experience in Serie A in environments where they are not burdened by the expectation of a Scudetto. Let them be unless we're in an injury crisis.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:04 am

I agree with Dosto on this one.

Strasser and Merkel are taking huge strides now, i wouldn't want them back when they are finally breaking into their respective sides, and getting valuable time in Serie A.

But in the other hand i believe is of huge importance that we feed their hunger to reach the very top, and that the club encourage them with the intention of prepping to play for Milan.

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2