Vucinic: 'I was a Milan fan'

Go down

Vucinic: 'I was a Milan fan'  Empty Vucinic: 'I was a Milan fan'

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:29 am

Mirko Vucinic is back from his ban and the Juventus striker reveals he used to be a Milan supporter.
“I admired Dejan Savicevic, just as all the kids in Montenegro did, so it was only natural to support the Rossoneri when he was there,” he confessed ahead of Sunday night’s game.

“It is going to be a battle between top teams. We want to win in order to gain more confidence and self-belief.”

They need the boost, as after a sensational start the Bianconeri have been held to two consecutive 1-1 draws against Bologna and Catania.

“Those results did leave a bitter taste in the mouth. My red card was partly to blame for the Bologna draw and I was so upset. I was convinced I was going to get the ball with that tackle. It’s so strange, as I’ve not been sent off in five or six years,” he told the Corriere dello Sport.

“My first goal in a Juve jersey was against Milan in the Trofeo Berlusconi this summer. I also scored against them in the past, including a brace, so I hope to continue that trend. However, the result and the team are the most important things.”

Vucinic also faced Juventus as an opponent many times and reveals what Milan might be thinking.

“In the past I was always struck by the fact Juve would often fumble a lead to draw or even lose. This season, from within, I can sense much more determination.

“I am very happy to have come to Turin. The negotiations with Roma seemed to go on forever, but in the end it all went well. I had five happy years in Rome, but then had a few problems with the fans and wanted new challenges.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Vucinic: 'I was a Milan fan'  Empty Re: Vucinic: 'I was a Milan fan'

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:21 am

The Montenegro international was suspended after being sent off against Bologna, but will return against the Serie A champions this weekend.

Despite stating he is happy at Antonio Conte's side, the 27-year-old admits to supporting the Milanese outfit when he was younger.

“I admired Dejan Savicevic, just as all the kids in Montenegro did, so it was only natural to support the Rossoneri when he was there," he said to Corriere dello Sport.

"It is going to be a battle between top teams. We want to win in order to gain more confidence and self-belief."

After a fast start, the Turin team have stumbled of late, with consecutive draws with Bologna and Catania, and Vucinic is keen to get back to winning ways.

"Those results did leave a bitter taste in the mouth. My red card was partly to blame for the Bologna draw and I was so upset," he continued.

"I was convinced I was going to get the ball with that tackle. It’s so strange, as I’ve not been sent off in five or six years."

Vucinic has also stated that he feels that the Juventus side of 2011-12 have more determination than the equivalent of previous campaigns, which boosts their search for honours.

"In the past I was always struck by the fact that Juve would often fumble a lead to draw or even lose. This season, from within, I can sense much more determination," he explained.

“I am very happy to have come to Turin. The negotiations with Roma seemed to go on forever, but in the end it all went well. I had five happy years in Rome, but then had a few problems with the fans and wanted new challenges," the striker concluded.

The Old Lady currently sit on top of the Serie A standings, and will look to extend their unbeaten record against Milan on Sunday.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down