Adams does Wenger no favours

+2
TalkingReckless
Sri
6 posters

Go down

Adams does Wenger no favours Empty Adams does Wenger no favours

Post by Sri Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:15 am

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item630635/Adams-does-Wenger-no-favours/

Morale at the Emirates is at best tense with Wenger failing to deliver a trophy for a sixth straight year which has unsettled star players such as Samir Nasri and skipper Cesc Fabregas.

However, it still came as a suprise to see Adams's, one of the club's favourite sons, negative assessment of Arsenal in an interview with the Daily Mirror.

Adams, who is a successful coach in Azerbaijan, won two titles under Graham and the Double twice under Wenger.

"I love Arsenal and I will always be proud to walk through the door as an Arsenal man," he said.

"If I went back there as a disaster, I would be a disaster as a manager, not as a player, so I've got no fear of going back there one day and doing it my own way - good, bad or ugly.

"Maybe not this year, but next season, I might have a chance of winning the Azerbaijan league title with Gabala and going into the Champions League qualifying rounds.

"We could even play Arsenal, but they are struggling to get in the top five now, aren't they? Who knows?

"No disrespect to Arsene, but George's coaching ability, defensive structure and technical ability, for me, is far better.

"No injustice to Arsene, but it's his strength, and that was George's particular strength.They say coaches are the best thieves and I think he stole it off Terry Venables.

"I think Arsene Wenger is a magnificent physiologist and psychologist. Those are the areas where he excels. He's a lovely man and he has the respect of all the players he's ever worked with.

"George was an outstanding coach - I think I won six or seven trophies under him, including the Cup Winners' Cup against Parma with a team including Ian Selley and David Hillier in midfield and Steve Morrow at the back.

"You kind of think the guy has got something.

"That back four - Lee Dixon, Steve Bould, Nigel Winterburn and myself - doesn't happen by luck. We worked hard on organisation. Morning and afternoon. We hated George for it, but we were on top of our game and we reaped the benefits.

"We won the League in 1989 and 1991 but we should have done so much more - we under-achieved with that squad."

However, not everyone associated with the Gunners are as pessimistic as Adams. Just this week, defender Johan Djourou spoke of his confidence that Arsenal will go trophy "crazy" once they finally end their quest for silverware.

He also maintained that Wenger is the right man to lead the club forward.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Adams does Wenger no favours Empty Re: Adams does Wenger no favours

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 am

nothing wrong with what he is saying

Wenger is always more a of a Manager then a Coach..
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:31 am

Agreed with what Adams said

Wenger will not like it , but hey , the truth hurts.

Dont see Wenger changing though , playing wise or attitude wise
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:56 pm

I still say Wenger is our best of all time ,but much respect to George
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by A Gunner Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Nothing wrong but still AW is one of the best if not the best mangers of arsenal to ever come.
A Gunner
A Gunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Then why don't Wenger sign him as a defensive coach ??!!?
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Adams in a coach in Azerbaijan... He won't come just yet..Maybe some time in the future, we'll bring him back as a coach! Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down