+3
Ganso
Cruijf
Eivindo
7 posters

Go down

Did you hear? Empty Did you hear?

Post by Eivindo Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:01 pm

during the Barca-Milan game he predicted a 2-2. Not only that, he also said when we got a corner near the end; "watch Thiago Silva", and we all know what he did cheers

Take a bow for Ancelotti, son, :bow: :bow: :bow: great debut as a commentator!

Last edited by Eivindo on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Did you hear? Empty Re: Did you hear?

Post by Cruijf Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Wow! Great job Carletto! Wish I could've heard ya!
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:33 pm

yeah i heard that LOL,Carlo is a milanista he will never join inter banana
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:30 am

Eivindo wrote:during the Barca-Milan game he predicted a 2-2. Not only that, he also said when we got a corner near the end; "watch Thiago Silva", and we all know what he did cheers

Much better than the English commentators we get in Australia who kept talking about the 'tired old legs of Milan' and kept saying 'Nosherino' (without the 'ch' sound). Although, those guys were pretty great in comparison with some others. I've heard far worse commentators (Milan v Tottenham last year - those guys must have been former Tottenham players). Ancelotti sounds like he really knows what he's talking about.

On a slightly different topic, the referee for the Barca game was the best I can remember in the Champions League. I don't think he made one wrong decision. Pato was questionably called offside once, but that was the linesman's decision.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:38 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Eivindo wrote:during the Barca-Milan game he predicted a 2-2. Not only that, he also said when we got a corner near the end; "watch Thiago Silva", and we all know what he did cheers

Much better than the English commentators we get in Australia who kept talking about the 'tired old legs of Milan' and kept saying 'Nosherino' (without the 'ch' sound). Although, those guys were pretty great in comparison with some others. I've heard far worse commentators (Milan v Tottenham last year - those guys must have been former Tottenham players). Ancelotti sounds like he really knows what he's talking about.

On a slightly different topic, the referee for the Barca game was the best I can remember in the Champions League. I don't think he made one wrong decision. Pato was questionably called offside once, but that was the linesman's decision.

Sometimes it seems that Anglo-Saxons commetators are ready to suck everything what is related to Barcelona literally . They are big haters of all Italian teams, so thanks for Sky Italy, Mediaset, Rai Very Happy

Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Chagur wrote:Sometimes it seems that Anglo-Saxons commetators are ready to suck everything what is related to Barcelona literally . They are big haters of all Italian teams, so thanks for Sky Italy, Mediaset, Rai Very Happy

Perhaps it has changed in recent times, but SBS and the Australian football media in general have actually had a pretty strong bias towards Calcio. I remember the good times of when my father and I used to wake up early on a Sunday morning just to watch the Italian section of The World Game and the specials that Tony Polumbo (Palombo?) would present. God it seems like it was decades away. But even in more recent times having ex-Milan and Juve players in the studio helped with the peninsula bias.

English commentators from England have always had a huge anti-Calcio bias just the same as Italian media have had the same against English football.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Milanista-1899 wrote:
Chagur wrote:Sometimes it seems that Anglo-Saxons commetators are ready to suck everything what is related to Barcelona literally . They are big haters of all Italian teams, so thanks for Sky Italy, Mediaset, Rai Very Happy

Perhaps it has changed in recent times, but SBS and the Australian football media in general have actually had a pretty strong bias towards Calcio. I remember the good times of when my father and I used to wake up early on a Sunday morning just to watch the Italian section of The World Game and the specials that Tony Polumbo (Palombo?) would present. God it seems like it was decades away. But even in more recent times having ex-Milan and Juve players in the studio helped with the peninsula bias.

English commentators from England have always had a huge anti-Calcio bias just the same as Italian media have had the same against English football.

Yeah, SBS actually do a pretty good job, although the EPL still seems to get priority.

The World Game should surely be on in an earlier time-slot and go for 1 1/2 hrs. Remember when it used to go for a whole afternoon on Sundays? Once they did a 2 hour special on Kaka after he won the golden ball.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:46 pm

That's great,can't wait for him to join cheers
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Yeah, SBS actually do a pretty good job, although the EPL still seems to get priority.

The World Game should surely be on in an earlier time-slot and go for 1 1/2 hrs. Remember when it used to go for a whole afternoon on Sundays? Once they did a 2 hour special on Kaka after he won the golden ball.

SBS has gone downhill... Way too much national coverage in an attempt to bring up the profile of the A-League and have no opinions on any of the big leagues, highlights of EPL, Serie A and La Liga but no insight like what Tony Palumbo would provide. First step for SBS is to get him back to TWG, move it back to a Sunday afternoon and make it an hour longer. Forget the Serbian and Croatian news programs that the old "wogs" watch and give them something they would really enjoy: Tony Palumbo, Marijana Rudan, Spider Kalac and a lot of Calcio :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm

woow thts great for the guy... the commentators here are alright but the pundits are biased as hell....
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:20 pm

sorry to think so negatively... just something tht popped into my mind... last season leo was in the studio as a pundit in the real vs Milan game 2 - 2 and then joined inter... O.O hope it was just because he was a scum...
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:13 pm

great pundit and a fortuneteller.. hehehe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down