Sushi Master
Seppuku
guest7
Albiceleste
REWB
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

if prime maradona was to play in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: if prime maradona was to play in todays game

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:12 am

Slow mans Messi.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

if prime maradona was to play in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: if prime maradona was to play in todays game

Post by leemhuis Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:13 am

20 years from today everyone remember Maradona, Pele, not Messi.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:40 am

Well that depends on him and his attitude towards training.

From all accounts (even his own mouth) he wasnt the greatest trainer and only got serious leading up to major tournaments.

If he didnt take the fitness side of things serious, I am sorry but he would of struggled with the speed, quickness and agility of not great defenders, but the average one.

Players today are clearly fast, stronger and more agile then his time. That obvious because of training methods and even players from those times accounts.

So if would have to have the work ethic required.

Overall for me the question is too hypothetical because there are too many things we cant take into account.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:44 am

leemhuis wrote:20 years from today everyone remember Maradona, Pele, not Messi.
:facepalm:
Yeah no one will remember all the records he broke, his 2(3)+++ Balon d'Ors, most goals scored in the champions league in one season, all his titles that he helped bring to Barcelona, or his goals vs Madrid, he's also almost Barcelona's top scorer of all time and could be there by the end of the season.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:01 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Yeah no one will remember all the records he broke, his 2(3)+++ Balon d'Ors, most goals scored in the champions league in one season, all his titles that he helped bring to Barcelona, or his goals vs Madrid, he's also almost Barcelona's top scorer of all time and could be there by the end of the season.

Maradona is know by he winning single hand 1986 WC with very bad Argentina team more than manyr goals against Milan, Inter Juventus, Roma at time best tems in the world.

World Cup is number 1 competition.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moffo Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:07 am

leemhuis wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

Maradona is know by he winning single hand 1986 WC with very bad Argentina team more than manyr goals against Milan, Inter Juventus, Roma at time best tems in the world.

I challenge that... I think champions league has overtaken the WC in terms off quality competition.

Moffo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:20 am

Maradona had such good dribbling, he would be a world class player today
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:23 am

leemhuis wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

Just like how you remember the Pele's of the 60s the Cruyffs of the 70s and the Maradonas of the 80s you will remember Messi of the 00s/10s

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:30 am

Moffo wrote:
leemhuis wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

I challenge that... I think champions league has overtaken the WC in terms off quality competition.

makes no difference its harder to win a WC than to win a CL by some distance...hence why messi fails so bad for argentina.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:35 am

Funny how this turned into a Maradona vs. Messi thread.

It was a simple question really, do you see Maradona being god-like in this era of football.

My answer is yes, due to the reason I mentioned (which no one bothered to refute). Maradona was simply a superior footballer despite being at a fitness level lower than his peers. His personality in the pitch was amazing. And if he carries that part of his game into the modern game I don't see why he can't be as good. He would obviously have to work harder. Which he will because he hates being number two.

Also, lol at getafe's defense being stronger than England's defense. First, how in earth are you qualified to make such a claim. Second, England was top tier nation in football at 86, getafe is an insignificant team in La Liga. Read on the inflation of soccer to understand how to compare two different eras, which is hypothetical at best.

@Lionel Messi;
Don't jinx the kid, you know that shit can happen.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:30 am

if the new maradonna played in the modern era under the name 'jim', everyone would say:

"meh. maradonna>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jim"
"maradonna>messi>>>>>>>>>>>jim"
"poor man's whatever"
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:41 am

Well Lord I would dispute you said he can use both feet. That isnt true. His right foot was pretty much not used.

But I didnt want to be petty.

The rest I generally agree with but as I said, this isnt the 80's and late 70's, players now are far better athletes and he would have to commit to training unlike he did for his days.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:03 am

I'm sorry but Op are you a moron? How can you talk about a hypothetical situation like this that can never happen hence a non hypothetical situation based on no evidence. There is no way of knowing what Maradona would be like, what everyone here is using is opinion based on opinion, not fact. I'll say this, Maldini said the toughest opponent he ever had was Maradona, I'll levae it there. PS Maradona is the best player I've ever seen. Messi is on his way there.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum