Ali
Raptorgunner
Flick
Adit
8 posters

Go down

Change in philosophy of Arsenal  Empty Change in philosophy of Arsenal

Post by Adit Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:13 am

Might be a knee jerk,but when you see arsenal defend with 10 men near box for almost entire second half you cant blame me for thinking like that.Not only that,they have been more defensive minded than usual in EPL matches too.Forget that 8-2,i believe their defense has improved a lot.Arsenal have changed them self to more of a Counter attacking side this season.Obviously the players plays a big role in tactics but do you think wenger is going to bring back their old counter atacking football instead of last few seasons "technical" football ?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Change in philosophy of Arsenal  Empty Re: Change in philosophy of Arsenal

Post by Flick Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:44 am

I believe that Arsenal is changing into a hybrid counter-possession type of football, not just a counter attack system.

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:50 am

You have to give this team time, once they get to know each other, and Jack come back trust me we will be back to our old self, but we still need a creative midfielder, Hazard would do.

I was shocked myself that we were defending, I think if Wenger was in there he could have change things, Pat was just happy with 1-0.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:55 pm

OooOoOoOOoohh, it's one nil to the AAARRSEENAAAL
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:57 pm

w8-2 late for arsenal
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Philosophy would mean a change something proactive, I dont think this is the case.

I think Arsenal are defending better then previous years (8-2 aside), but its still early so we have to see how long it lasts.

But a change in philosophy is something proactive which someone decieded upon, I think Arsenal are forced into more defending because they are having less of the ball. They are having less possession not because they dont want to, but because they arent dominating the midfield like they used to. Any change happening in my opinion is reactive, based on the whats happening on the field rather then a new approach.

As I said, they are defending better but that is aomething that should of been happening before aswell as now.

So, no, I dont think there is a new philosophy. I just think the midfield isnt as strong as it used to be and they arent dominating those battles they used to.

Gervinho in the sde instead of Nasri does make that more direct though, so that plays small part too I believe.

Last edited by The Franchise on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Counter attacking football requires direct physical players with a quick thinking.

We cant do that with some of our players.

I agree with Dani, it doesnt look like change of tactics as long as we stick to 4-1-2-2-1...

I think its time we play with two forwards upfront...

So many players are being wasted lately.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:12 pm

I think Arsenal would be better off with 2 strikers, RVP playing off of someone like Roony plays off Hernandez.

Someone who is a threat to run in behind and also poach goals, Eduardo was that guy before that horrible day. I wonder why Wenger has gone away from it, it was a good idea in my opinion.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:26 pm

The 4 -3-3 was there to bring the best out of Fabregas. Whenever that system clicked , we were unstoppable. when you play with 2 strikers, it overcrowds the midfield. And our previous players needed space to create the magic.
Everybody in Arsenal wants to see a striking partnership of Walcott and RVP, with Gervinho and Oxlade Chamberlaine on the wings. Hopefully we get to see this in the near future.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:44 pm

I have to be honest, I heard it alot but im not convinced Walcott is the number 9 you are after.

He sure has the speed to get in behind, that is without question. He has also become an adept finisher too.

However, I dont think he has the poachers instinct and the type of movement strikers need.

Maybe he does have it, but I am yet to see it and I dont think its something you can only learn. To a degree, i think its natural.

What I mean is, look at these guys, look how they move. They get in between the centerback and fullback always trying to get on the defenders blindside and run in where they cant see. Its a skill, which can be learnt, but im convinced some guys are just naturally good at this.

I just dont know if Walcott has his rare skill.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:28 pm

I dont know why we dont play 4-3-3.

In current formation, wingers are frustrating. They are too conservative for my liking. Imagine without Cesc? Thats why we dont create enough chances anymore.

This formation will not survive imo.

Wenger should decide to play 4-3-3 (exact like Barca) or diamond 4-4-2 with conservative wingers.

Speaking of Walcott. I think playing him upfront is the last chance of him becoming a super footballer. Otherwise, he will end up just above average.

And Im confident he can be a better striker than a winger. 4-3-3 would suit him better imo.

The OX (Chamberlain) will soon take that right wing. Southampton fans said, he will become better than Walcott and they might be right.

We have so many talents in academy and reserves who will struggle if Wenger doesnt find a right formation to get the best of most of them.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down