Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

+5
maruf063
BarrileteCosmico
ErPupone
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Patrick Bateman
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:20 am

Sunday 11 September, 2011
Enrique: 'Roma, I take the blame'



Luis Enrique admits he cannot answer the questions about how long Roma will take to work. “I take the blame, as I am the Coach.”

The Giallorossi were already on edge after their Europa League play-off exit and controversy with Francesco Totti, so losing 2-1 on home turf to Cagliari in the Serie A opener was a disaster.


“We held so much possession, especially in the second half, but couldn’t take our chances,” said the Spaniard.


“I have been asked the same question since I got here: how long will it take? I have a good squad and am certainly disappointed with the result, especially for the fans.


“However, I cannot answer that question. I do not know how long it will take to develop this project. The club did not ask me for any objectives this season.


“We started a project and I realise I am an inexperienced Coach, but I am putting in the work and will continue to do so. I am optimistic and modest.


“It was my fault, without a shadow of doubt. The whole team attacks as a unit and when they do not score, it is not just the fault of the strikers, but above all the Coach and everyone right down to the goalkeeper.


“Similarly, when we concede, everyone is to blame including the forwards and midfielders.”


Enrique is trying to bring the Barcelona mentality to Roma, but there seemed to be sterile possession and late on no width.


“We were down to 10 men, so with five minutes to go I like to keep possession. I think that is the way to get a goal. I have no regrets, as my players took the right approach at that stage.”


Jose Angel had a good game on his Serie A debut, but in a dreadful couple of minutes he gave away a goal and was harshly sent off for kicking out at Davide Biondini.


“He played very well and in all honesty I think the red card came from his frustration at conceding that goal. Seeing the footage, in my view it really was not a straight red card.”


Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 4283
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:33 am

Aha! So he was the problem :facepalm:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by ErPupone Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:51 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Aha! So he was the problem :facepalm:

there's no problem
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:53 am

ErPupone wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Aha! So he was the problem :facepalm:

there's no problem

I explained it to Neal, in general Enrique is a problem.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by ErPupone Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:57 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Aha! So he was the problem :facepalm:

there's no problem

I explained it to Neal, in general Enrique is a problem.

No, not now. There's no problem now aside from the impatience of some. Give it time bro.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:02 am

Invoking the mea culpa is an age-old technique to take out pressure from the team.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28035
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by maruf063 Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:26 am

sciacca bro, i think you can't withstand Enrique... you would have liked some mediocre italian coach like pioli to coach our beloved Roma. what's the reason behind your such comments? i think you are afraid of attacking football, like some other pre-historic calcio supporters. but you should know that, they are outnumbered now. we all want attacking football from Roma, and we are ready to wait few months for that. no one can guarantee you success, not even Ancelotti or Capello. we should be patient... forza Roma

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 184
Join date : 2011-07-16
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by schnix Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:12 pm

he doesn't take the blame for slovan but he takes the blame now Rolling Eyes
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 557
Join date : 2011-09-07
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:47 pm

First of all there is no Italian Coach better none sense... Second when a squad looses, the first in sports to be responsible is the coach. Now here's the thing you people don't realize, I didnt say he was the problem in todays game, but in general. Yes I realize that Roma struggle at the begginig, and improve through the season, as Mike said we patience as this is new and rebuilding. but my problem is just Enrique in general.

The reason for that is because he hardly has experience as a coach, I feel just because he came from a Barcelona Primavera squad is right now a bit overrated as the way people claim that he is that good. He has not proven to be that good in this level, and is inexperienced. He does not have the right knowledge towards Italian football, he is trying to bring La Liga Tactics in Serie A, tactics that are very slim to work in Italian football as a whole. Take for example yesterday's game, I was watching La Domenica Sportiva and Andrea Bacconi showed why Roma struggled, and the reason for that is because they were very slow on the counter rush, while they had to shift to a 3-4-3 as their attacking style, Cagliari already knew how to break it down. Once again, I know this is a new squad and they need to develop, but this is not Barcelona, this is Roma. He does not have the right players as Barcelona have, you cant expect the players Roma have to adapt to this culture, regardless if this team is new. Barcelona and Spain have been training like this for years and years, since they have been children, with those tactics, you expect this type of style to work in Serie A in a short time, with players who's skill don't even compare to Barcelona? Hmm... thats mainly the problem is the mentality he has... In my opinion, it just wont work.

Another reason is already getting in conflict with Totti, yes he has a past Totti for these controversies, but how long did it take him to get Totti on his bad side like this? He needs to realize that Totti is an important factor of this squad, and putting him in the form he is now on the bench during Europa was idiotic even though Europa was not important this year. You cant tell me that their objective was to lose lol.

Anyways, in general thats my problem with Enrique.


Last edited by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by DeviAngel Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:20 pm



Thats what I think ..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 122

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by narbeZ Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:09 pm

maruf063 wrote:sciacca bro, i think you can't withstand Enrique... you would have liked some mediocre italian coach like pioli to coach our beloved Roma. what's the reason behind your such comments? i think you are afraid of attacking football, like some other pre-historic calcio supporters. but you should know that, they are outnumbered now. we all want attacking football from Roma, and we are ready to wait few months for that. no one can guarantee you success, not even Ancelotti or Capello. we should be patient... forza Roma

Pioli is severely underrated by some. One of the best young Italian coaches who put himself in a bad situation by accepting a contract with Palermo. He does have one thing that Enrique doesn't have though, and that's top flight experience. As many others have reiterated, Enrique needs time, and I'm willing to give him just that.

I don't think having Pioli would be a big drop off though from Enrique as some would like to imagine.They are staunch opposites though but to me defense wins championships.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 339
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by ErPupone Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:First of all there is no Italian Coach better none sense... Second when a squad looses, the first in sports to be responsible is the coach. Now here's the thing you people don't realize, I didnt say he was the problem in todays game, but in general. Yes I realize that Roma struggle at the begginig, and improve through the season, as Mike said we patience as this is new and rebuilding. but my problem is just Enrique in general.

The reason for that is because he hardly has experience as a coach, I feel just because he came from a Barcelona Primavera squad is right now a bit overrated as the way people claim that he is that good. He has not proven to be that good in this level, and is inexperienced. He does not have the right knowledge towards Italian football, he is trying to bring La Liga Tactics in Serie A, tactics that are very slim to work in Italian football as a whole. Take for example yesterday's game, I was watching La Domenica Sportiva and Andrea Bacconi showed why Roma struggled, and the reason for that is because they were very slow on the counter rush, while they had to shift to a 3-4-3 as their attacking style, Cagliari already knew how to break it down. Once again, I know this is a new squad and they need to develop, but this is not Barcelona, this is Roma. He does not have the right players as Barcelona have, you cant expect the players Roma have to adapt to this culture, regardless if this team is new. Barcelona and Spain have been training like this for years and years, since they have been children, with those tactics, you expect this type of style to work in Serie A in a short time, with players who's skill don't even compare to Barcelona? Hmm... thats mainly the problem is the mentality he has... In my opinion, it just wont work.

Another reason is already getting in conflict with Totti, yes he has a past Totti for these controversies, but how long did it take him to get Totti on his bad side like this? He needs to realize that Totti is an important factor of this squad, and putting him in the form he is now on the bench during Europa was idiotic even though Europa was not important this year. You cant tell me that their objective was to lose lol.

Anyways, in general thats my problem with Enrique.

Ok so, you say you didn't have a problem with Enrique yesterday. but in general. But, yesterday was his first match, that's all we could judge him for. The friendlies shouldn't get too much attention, if any, while the Slovan ties were easily winnable had it not been for us wasting some great opportunities and missing half our first team. He made mistakes there, yes, but that was a truly exceptional case. Now we're talking about Serie A, it's a new project with a brand new team, and you already have problems with him despite the fact that he coached his first game yesterday.

You said inexperience. Ok, so what? Allegri was inexperienced before joining Milan and look at what he accomplished. Montella was very inexperienced when we gave him his first Serie A coaching job, but he did rather well. Devis Mangia is one of the most inexperienced, if not the most inexperienced coach in Serie A yesterday, yet he managed to change Palermo around completely since the last time we saw them and got an important result against Inter. Everyone is inexperienced at some point, but they grow. This is just Enrique's first real shot with a big club, just as it is for Antonio Conte, there's no difference really. You're going to say that at least Conte knows Italian football well, which is true. But Luis Enrique played with Real Madrid and was captain of Barcelona, trust me, he has a lot to offer as well. And it's not as if our players are not responding to him; they took part in his exercises and responded enthusiastically, which is a great sign.

And I also saw Domenica Sportiva yesterday. Bacconi was right, but he showed one 30 second clip of a 96 minute match, difficult to tell the whole story with just that. And Fulvio Collovatti (an ex-Roma man) responded appropriately, saying that our play is not based on quick counters, but on possession football, so Bacconi missed the point on that one because he was judging the play from a strictly traditional Italian mentality. And enough with these Barca comparisons; we're not attempting, nor are we capable of emulating Barcelona's play and tactics and Luis Enrique knows that. We are just going about our own work and it will take time to find the set-up that suits us best.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:37 pm

ErPupone wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:First of all there is no Italian Coach better none sense... Second when a squad looses, the first in sports to be responsible is the coach. Now here's the thing you people don't realize, I didnt say he was the problem in todays game, but in general. Yes I realize that Roma struggle at the begginig, and improve through the season, as Mike said we patience as this is new and rebuilding. but my problem is just Enrique in general.

The reason for that is because he hardly has experience as a coach, I feel just because he came from a Barcelona Primavera squad is right now a bit overrated as the way people claim that he is that good. He has not proven to be that good in this level, and is inexperienced. He does not have the right knowledge towards Italian football, he is trying to bring La Liga Tactics in Serie A, tactics that are very slim to work in Italian football as a whole. Take for example yesterday's game, I was watching La Domenica Sportiva and Andrea Bacconi showed why Roma struggled, and the reason for that is because they were very slow on the counter rush, while they had to shift to a 3-4-3 as their attacking style, Cagliari already knew how to break it down. Once again, I know this is a new squad and they need to develop, but this is not Barcelona, this is Roma. He does not have the right players as Barcelona have, you cant expect the players Roma have to adapt to this culture, regardless if this team is new. Barcelona and Spain have been training like this for years and years, since they have been children, with those tactics, you expect this type of style to work in Serie A in a short time, with players who's skill don't even compare to Barcelona? Hmm... thats mainly the problem is the mentality he has... In my opinion, it just wont work.

Another reason is already getting in conflict with Totti, yes he has a past Totti for these controversies, but how long did it take him to get Totti on his bad side like this? He needs to realize that Totti is an important factor of this squad, and putting him in the form he is now on the bench during Europa was idiotic even though Europa was not important this year. You cant tell me that their objective was to lose lol.

Anyways, in general thats my problem with Enrique.

Ok so, you say you didn't have a problem with Enrique yesterday. but in general. But, yesterday was his first match, that's all we could judge him for. The friendlies shouldn't get too much attention, if any, while the Slovan ties were easily winnable had it not been for us wasting some great opportunities and missing half our first team. He made mistakes there, yes, but that was a truly exceptional case. Now we're talking about Serie A, it's a new project with a brand new team, and you already have problems with him despite the fact that he coached his first game yesterday.

You said inexperience. Ok, so what? Allegri was inexperienced before joining Milan and look at what he accomplished. Montella was very inexperienced when we gave him his first Serie A coaching job, but he did rather well. Devis Mangia is one of the most inexperienced, if not the most inexperienced coach in Serie A yesterday, yet he managed to change Palermo around completely since the last time we saw them and got an important result against Inter. Everyone is inexperienced at some point, but they grow. This is just Enrique's first real shot with a big club, just as it is for Antonio Conte, there's no difference really. You're going to say that at least Conte knows Italian football well, which is true. But Luis Enrique played with Real Madrid and was captain of Barcelona, trust me, he has a lot to offer as well. And it's not as if our players are not responding to him; they took part in his exercises and responded enthusiastically, which is a great sign.

And I also saw Domenica Sportiva yesterday. Bacconi was right, but he showed one 30 second clip of a 96 minute match, difficult to tell the whole story with just that. And Fulvio Collovatti (an ex-Roma man) responded appropriately, saying that our play is not based on quick counters, but on possession football, so Bacconi missed the point on that one because he was judging the play from a strictly traditional Italian mentality. And enough with these Barca comparisons; we're not attempting, nor are we capable of emulating Barcelona's play and tactics and Luis Enrique knows that. We are just going about our own work and it will take time to find the set-up that suits us best.

Mike :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 4283
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:30 am

ErPupone wrote:Ok so, you say you didn't have a problem with Enrique yesterday. but in general. But, yesterday was his first match, that's all we could judge him for. The friendlies shouldn't get too much attention, if any, while the Slovan ties were easily winnable had it not been for us wasting some great opportunities and missing half our first team. He made mistakes there, yes, but that was a truly exceptional case. Now we're talking about Serie A, it's a new project with a brand new team, and you already have problems with him despite the fact that he coached his first game yesterday.

You said inexperience. Ok, so what? Allegri was inexperienced before joining Milan and look at what he accomplished. Montella was very inexperienced when we gave him his first Serie A coaching job, but he did rather well. Devis Mangia is one of the most inexperienced, if not the most inexperienced coach in Serie A yesterday, yet he managed to change Palermo around completely since the last time we saw them and got an important result against Inter. Everyone is inexperienced at some point, but they grow. This is just Enrique's first real shot with a big club, just as it is for Antonio Conte, there's no difference really. You're going to say that at least Conte knows Italian football well, which is true. But Luis Enrique played with Real Madrid and was captain of Barcelona, trust me, he has a lot to offer as well. And it's not as if our players are not responding to him; they took part in his exercises and responded enthusiastically, which is a great sign.

And I also saw Domenica Sportiva yesterday. Bacconi was right, but he showed one 30 second clip of a 96 minute match, difficult to tell the whole story with just that. And Fulvio Collovatti (an ex-Roma man) responded appropriately, saying that our play is not based on quick counters, but on possession football, so Bacconi missed the point on that one because he was judging the play from a strictly traditional Italian mentality. And enough with these Barca comparisons; we're not attempting, nor are we capable of emulating Barcelona's play and tactics and Luis Enrique knows that. We are just going about our own work and it will take time to find the set-up that suits us best.

Typical Mike, Always making me Jizz when it comes to debates! I truly love this guy! Sersiouly though, he was close to matching up with Wigglesworth and I did mention lots of times that he was behind WigglesWorth. I think I just found our new God, except this one does not troll haha.

MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

In all seriousness though, well thanks for admitting that he did make mistakes, as we are all human. Nobody is perfect, but mistakes come with corrections. What do I mean? Well, you had Totti benched the first game in your EL qualfiiers, that was one mistake, but then in the second leg, once again he makes the same mistake. You know, I always thought we learn't from our mistakes, usually it only happens once, but not twice. Do you see where I'm coming from Mike? Mistakes are mistakes, sure, EL was not important, but what really ticked me off is when he claimed that he wasn't at fault for the elimination which is true, like you said most transfers came at the end, however there is no excuse for not lining up the best squad possible, once again regardless on how things work in Sports, the coach is always the first one to be blamed. Yes, stupid logic, but that's how it is in Italy, and that's how I refer the logic from. Take Pioli for example... Zamperini decides to sell most of his star players, and yet expected Pioli to suceed with the squad he had left, didn't work out, not even the season begining, he's out the door. Now, before you all go bashing me about Zamp being a nutcase, in reality that's how it is in Football. And the problem relies with his inexperience.

Yes, inexperience so what? So, relying on a coach who has never coached on a top level, who has never won anything(in any major league/Secondary, Not Youth) coming from La Liga, who has a mental style of football that does not correspond to Italian football, with players that don't even go into comparison with Barecelona, thinks he can achieve it? I'm sorry, but there's no way on earth his La Liga style is going to work in Serie A, it's like saying Messi is going to be a god in Serie A, in any Top 6 Club, no... It does not work that way, he's amazing in Barcelona, because of the culture of both club and league. Once again I repeat, this style of play that he's trying to implement, took years and years for players to adapt and get perfection out of it. In Barcelona, these kids start at 8 years old and in Spain in general on the internaitonal scale, do it in all the Under 21 and below levels. This is Roma, Not Barcelona, yes I'm repeating myself, but I'm making it clear. Ah you mention Allegri, Mike shall I remind you that Allegri was in fact a highly rated coach after coming from Cagliari and doing great there? He had more experience than Enrique even when it came down to Italian football, Montella... well of course Montella did good, and the reason for that was that he knew Roma, Enrique doesn't. He knew Totti had to play, Enrique dosen't. Montella knows the style and tactics, Enrique dosen't. You see where I'm getting at Mike? There's a lot of diversion between the names you mention compared to Enrique. Alright Mangia, good you mentioned him, once again, he came from Palermo coaching thier Primavera side, someone who knows the system well, what to expect and once again know's Palermo more than nor ordinary coach, and what did he do? With a mediocore side, he built them in 10 days, Enrique has failed to achieve anything at Roma, yes i know it's early and it's a new sqaud, but compared to Mangia, you can see the difference. You mention Conte, well by god, a new squad and right away a win against a side that we couldn't beat last season. Now sure you mention Enrique's past with Madrid and Barcelona, fine no problem, but let me remind you that Conte is one of Juventus ultimte greats as well, former captain, as well. So the comparisons are there, except once again Conte is more experienced as a manager and knows Juventus and Serie A/B as a whole as he played in it and now managing it. Enrique has never even played outside of La Liga... Conte is like Montella, both know the squads well, both know the league well, Enrique dosen't. Conte managed to bring Bari in Serie A, and promote Siena who lost all their star players, while Enrique only managed Barcelona B, which is not a lot in my opinion to be considered experienced enough to coach a club like Roma, which some what fustratetes me as from what I hear from a lot of poeple, overrated.

I got to completely disagree with what you said about La Domenica Sportiva, yes you are correct about Bacconi showing the Italian football mentality and Fulvio, but shall I remind you what Ranieri said? He made it perfectly clear, back when he managed Chelsea, he wanted to adapt Italian football tactics, guess what, he said it didn't work out, and it took him some time before he realized it would not work out, well the same exact thing is happeninig now with Enrique. But you also fail to realize as you mention ball possesion, stricly what Barcelona is all about and what you said is not good about comparing too. That is what Enrique's basing his tactics on, those from what he adapted back from Barcelona and the problem being justified that it won't work. You are correct, you're are not Barcelona, you're Roma, like I said previously and in my other post, but I just don't agree with you in the matter that he is not trying to adopt tactics from Both La Liga in general and from Barcelona, because as it stands now, he completely is without a doubt and that is my problem and concerns with Enrique.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by ErPupone Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:00 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
Typical Mike, Always making me Jizz when it comes to debates! I truly love this guy! Sersiouly though, he was close to matching up with Wigglesworth and I did mention lots of times that he was behind WigglesWorth. I think I just found our new God, except this one does not troll haha.

MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

In all seriousness though, well thanks for admitting that he did make mistakes, as we are all human. Nobody is perfect, but mistakes come with corrections. What do I mean? Well, you had Totti benched the first game in your EL qualfiiers, that was one mistake, but then in the second leg, once again he makes the same mistake. You know, I always thought we learn't from our mistakes, usually it only happens once, but not twice. Do you see where I'm coming from Mike? Mistakes are mistakes, sure, EL was not important, but what really ticked me off is when he claimed that he wasn't at fault for the elimination which is true, like you said most transfers came at the end, however there is no excuse for not lining up the best squad possible, once again regardless on how things work in Sports, the coach is always the first one to be blamed. Yes, stupid logic, but that's how it is in Italy, and that's how I refer the logic from. Take Pioli for example... Zamperini decides to sell most of his star players, and yet expected Pioli to suceed with the squad he had left, didn't work out, not even the season begining, he's out the door. Now, before you all go bashing me about Zamp being a nutcase, in reality that's how it is in Football. And the problem relies with his inexperience.

Yes, inexperience so what? So, relying on a coach who has never coached on a top level, who has never won anything(in any major league/Secondary, Not Youth) coming from La Liga, who has a mental style of football that does not correspond to Italian football, with players that don't even go into comparison with Barecelona, thinks he can achieve it? I'm sorry, but there's no way on earth his La Liga style is going to work in Serie A, it's like saying Messi is going to be a god in Serie A, in any Top 6 Club, no... It does not work that way, he's amazing in Barcelona, because of the culture of both club and league. Once again I repeat, this style of play that he's trying to implement, took years and years for players to adapt and get perfection out of it. In Barcelona, these kids start at 8 years old and in Spain in general on the internaitonal scale, do it in all the Under 21 and below levels. This is Roma, Not Barcelona, yes I'm repeating myself, but I'm making it clear. Ah you mention Allegri, Mike shall I remind you that Allegri was in fact a highly rated coach after coming from Cagliari and doing great there? He had more experience than Enrique even when it came down to Italian football, Montella... well of course Montella did good, and the reason for that was that he knew Roma, Enrique doesn't. He knew Totti had to play, Enrique dosen't. Montella knows the style and tactics, Enrique dosen't. You see where I'm getting at Mike? There's a lot of diversion between the names you mention compared to Enrique. Alright Mangia, good you mentioned him, once again, he came from Palermo coaching thier Primavera side, someone who knows the system well, what to expect and once again know's Palermo more than nor ordinary coach, and what did he do? With a mediocore side, he built them in 10 days, Enrique has failed to achieve anything at Roma, yes i know it's early and it's a new sqaud, but compared to Mangia, you can see the difference. You mention Conte, well by god, a new squad and right away a win against a side that we couldn't beat last season. Now sure you mention Enrique's past with Madrid and Barcelona, fine no problem, but let me remind you that Conte is one of Juventus ultimte greats as well, former captain, as well. So the comparisons are there, except once again Conte is more experienced as a manager and knows Juventus and Serie A/B as a whole as he played in it and now managing it. Enrique has never even played outside of La Liga... Conte is like Montella, both know the squads well, both know the league well, Enrique dosen't. Conte managed to bring Bari in Serie A, and promote Siena who lost all their star players, while Enrique only managed Barcelona B, which is not a lot in my opinion to be considered experienced enough to coach a club like Roma, which some what fustratetes me as from what I hear from a lot of poeple, overrated.

I got to completely disagree with what you said about La Domenica Sportiva, yes you are correct about Bacconi showing the Italian football mentality and Fulvio, but shall I remind you what Ranieri said? He made it perfectly clear, back when he managed Chelsea, he wanted to adapt Italian football tactics, guess what, he said it didn't work out, and it took him some time before he realized it would not work out, well the same exact thing is happeninig now with Enrique. But you also fail to realize as you mention ball possesion, stricly what Barcelona is all about and what you said is not good about comparing too. That is what Enrique's basing his tactics on, those from what he adapted back from Barcelona and the problem being justified that it won't work. You are correct, you're are not Barcelona, you're Roma, like I said previously and in my other post, but I just don't agree with you in the matter that he is not trying to adopt tactics from Both La Liga in general and from Barcelona, because as it stands now, he completely is without a doubt and that is my problem and concerns with Enrique.

Well thanks for the complements, much appreciated... and I troll, but only in my mind.

Anyways, you have to give Luis Enrique a chance to implement his style before judging him. His tactics are very much based on Barcelona's, yes, but we do not know to what extent he is going to implement such tactics. I'm glad you mentioned Ranieri (usually I'm the one to do it lol), because he was spot on. He said, based on experience and knowledge, that it is difficult to export tactics and mentality to a different country. He was quite modest when talking about his Chelsea days because I think he did what he had to do; he was Chelsea's best coach ever at his time and set up the team which Mourinho eventually had success with. He went on to defend Enrique to a great extent, which was quite impressive and noble of him. He said that Enrique is in for a tough run, but if he manages to adapt his attacking tactics to the team we have now, he could build a "great Roma". Ranieri merited the applause he got after his monologue defending Enrique and I completely agreed with him.

I mentioned Conte, Mangia and all those guys not because they did well yesterday (once again, do not judge after one game), but because they are all inexperienced. Enrique is just as inexperienced and has a tougher task at hand. My point was that it's not a mistake to count on someone who's young and inexperienced, actually on the contrary. It's important to give young coaches a chance to flourish and improve their tactical and managerial skills. Allegri was young, and although a little more respected than the others, had never won anything. But Milan gambled on him and he did well. Enrique did well in Spain and our directors recognized that. We knew it wasn't going to be easy for him to get us playing a similar style of football, but they think it's a risk worth taking, and I trust them on that decision. So let's wait before judging him because it's very very early and we're not awaiting instant results. Like Collovatti said, we didn't hire Enrique for instant results, we must stick by him for one whole year at the very least. He still needs to get used to this league. If he's stubborn and refuses to adapt to Serie A, he'll be shown the door. But, if he could strike a balance between that Spanish style possession football and the classic Italian counter-attack, as Ranieri said, he could really do something great with this team.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:12 am

No problem, and those comments I actually did meant, except for the love part because I'm not homosexual LOL, but anyways no problem.

Fine, I'll give it a chance, as the squad is new, and how the dirigenza puts their loyalty behind him, but I won't change my views on his style of play, now don't get the wrong impression, I don't hate Enrique, I'm just saying he's just not the right man for the job, due to his inexperience explained above. It seems as well that my Enrique posts are getting some people fustrated, as it may be trolling for you guys, so I apologize and I won't say anything conserining this anymore, until the season is over.

Yes, Ranieri did defend Enrique, but I believe he did that as a professional, as anyone should, he basically said give him a chance and he needs time, but his experience was mostly the moral of what he said. Ranieri also said he never got into a conflict with Totti, but that is hard to believe lol, when the old man questioned him about it LOL, but I mention this because Enrique too, fell in this controversy.

Yes, but I didn't really get behind them after one performance, sure I did mention the results against Parma and Inter, but I went to more of an extent and why they are suitable choices for both clubs compared to Enrique, though I understand where you are coming from.

I'll wait and see, I'll hope for the better, and hopefully your opinions prove me wrong in the end. I don't want Roma to lose, I want Roma winning, not loosing.

All the best for Roma, and to Enrique, but(being pessimistic here), if Roma do fall, I'm going to stick with what I said and blame Enrique.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by schnix Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:20 am

wow, you lot seriously make longer posts than the guys over at EA

Thumbs up +1
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 557
Join date : 2011-09-07
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:22 am

schnix wrote:wow, you lot seriously make longer posts than the guys over at EA

Thumbs up +1

haha, apperently though, I only post like this with Erpurpone hmm
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by ErPupone Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:28 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:No problem, and those comments I actually did meant, except for the love part because I'm not homosexual LOL, but anyways no problem.

Fine, I'll give it a chance, as the squad is new, and how the dirigenza puts their loyalty behind him, but I won't change my views on his style of play, now don't get the wrong impression, I don't hate Enrique, I'm just saying he's just not the right man for the job, due to his inexperience explained above. It seems as well that my Enrique posts are getting some people fustrated, as it may be trolling for you guys, so I apologize and I won't say anything conserining this anymore, until the season is over.

Yes, Ranieri did defend Enrique, but I believe he did that as a professional, as anyone should, he basically said give him a chance and he needs time, but his experience was mostly the moral of what he said. Ranieri also said he never got into a conflict with Totti, but that is hard to believe lol, when the old man questioned him about it LOL, but I mention this because Enrique too, fell in this controversy.

Yes, but I didn't really get behind them after one performance, sure I did mention the results against Parma and Inter, but I went to more of an extent and why they are suitable choices for both clubs compared to Enrique, though I understand where you are coming from.

I'll wait and see, I'll hope for the better, and hopefully your opinions prove me wrong in the end. I don't want Roma to lose, I want Roma winning, not loosing.

All the best for Roma, and to Enrique, but(being pessimistic here), if Roma do fall, I'm going to stick with what I said and blame Enrique.

And if he does fail in the end, your assumptions would be right. However, he hasn't had a chance to show what he's capable of yet, so it's unfair to dismiss his ability as a manager just yet.

And I think Ranieri was being honest; had he not meant what he said, he wouldn't have gone on for a few minutes defending Enrique and saying that he never argued with Totti. There was never an outright argument between him and Totti. I think it was just Totti not being happy with what Ranieri did in the match against Sampdoria, which is where it went really downhill. And Ranieri was being honest when he said that Enrique could get us playing great football if he adjusts his mentality to Serie A.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by ErPupone Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:30 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
schnix wrote:wow, you lot seriously make longer posts than the guys over at EA

Thumbs up +1

haha, apperently though, I only post like this with Erpurpone hmm

Because I get the best out of you... it's as if I'm Ranieri and you're Menez. Or I'm Spalletti and you're Taddei, make your pick, either way you'll be unhappy.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:32 am

haha could be Mike, with other people, I just go on and say how ridiculous thier logic is, or I agree for some reason, with you it's different. Wiggles was always right(except for his Inter posts LOL).

Knowing the media, they like to toss and turn with Totti, I think Totti is their second favorite Gossip guy, behind Balotelli. :coffee:

Though, I do believe Ranieri, I doubt they would get into a scuffle, its all assumptions that the media likes to make, like you said.

However with Enrique, I do feel, i know you think otherwise, but I just know something must of gone down with Enrique and Totti, not because Totti was false here, but just because he was on the bench twice. Though, it really comes from the press conference the other week from Sabatini, it hinted to my knowledge, something must of happened.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by schnix Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:37 am

i think it's just LE own little sick naive way of saying "i'm boss"
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 557
Join date : 2011-09-07
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:40 am

schnix wrote:i think it's just LE own little sick naive way of saying "i'm boss"

It may very well be, but I can't go on from now, as I will stick from my word and not claim anything on Enrique until the end. Razz
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by ErPupone Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:40 am

I think it was just a question of Enrique trying to stamp his authority, and he got screwed over because of it. He wants to be in control but realizes that he has a champion to deal with and he was probably overwhelmed by it. Once he realizes what Totti could really give him, I think he'll be better at managing him. I'm not forgiving Enrique for what he did because it was a pretty big mistake in mishandling his captain, but I think that he could get past that and be successful with us. Arrigo Sacchi had a tough start during his spell at Milan too, getting knocked out of Europe by Deportivo (if I'm not mistaken), but look at what he went on to accomplish.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:44 am

It's funny though, now he expected more from Totti :coffee:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Enrique : Roma, I take the blame  Empty Re: Enrique : Roma, I take the blame

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum