Kenny: Referees are disrespectful towards LFC, Can't take it anymore

3 posters

Go down

Kenny: Referees are disrespectful towards LFC, Can't take it anymore Empty Kenny: Referees are disrespectful towards LFC, Can't take it anymore

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:27 pm

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1214279-kenny-dalglish-set-to-hold-referee-talks-with-liverpool-fc-owners.html

Kenny Dalglish has revealed he will speak with Liverpool's owners about the disrespect he feels Premier League referees have shown the club.

The Kop boss was clearly aggrieved after he saw his side denied a penalty in the dying minutes of their their first defeat of the season against Stoke City.

Liverpool saw two appeals for spot kicks denied by referee Mark Clattenberg after both Rory Delap and Matthew Upson both appeared to handle in their own penalty area.

And Dalglish insists that he will speak with Anfield chiefs John Henry and Tom Werner before he takes issue with the relevant authorities about a seeming bias against the Reds.

He said: "We can only do what we can do ourselves.

"Something other things are taken outside your jurisdiction, and if we conitnue to play like that with the same attitude and commitment then we'll be okay this season.

"But if we continually get battered by things that are outside of our control, then we're not going to have much chance.

"The first four league games have all had a contentious decision, and every one of them has gone against us.

"I think we have been respectful to the referees. But more importantly than being respectful to the referees in their campaign is having respect for Liverpool Football Club.

"And if I feel they are suffering in any way, shape or form, then I think I'll just need to go the same route as some other people go and see if we can gain some benefit from that.

"I'll speak to the owners first and see what they say, because the last thing I want to do is my behaviour to impinge on the club's success in any way, shape or form."

Despite his gripe with Clattenburg over the dubious decisions, Dalglish insists that he bears no ill feeling towards Tony Pulis' side for their hard-fought victory.

"We don't have any complaint, for want of a better word, about Stoke City," he added.

"They played well, got the goal, defended courageously at times and maybe occasionally they got a bit of luck but we don't have anything but appreciation for the way that they played, they way they held onto the game and the way they went on and won the game.

"So there's nothing for me to say anything other than complimentary towards Tony and Stoke."

Back to top Go down

Kenny: Referees are disrespectful towards LFC, Can't take it anymore Empty Re: Kenny: Referees are disrespectful towards LFC, Can't take it anymore

Post by donttreadonred Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Anyone think Kenny will here from the FA about these statements? It wasn't overly critical of a particular referee or decision, but the sweeping statement about referees being disrespectful of LFC could get him in a bit of trouble.

BTW, I don't think he's necessarily wrong. I can just see this causing problems for him.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Kenny: Referees are disrespectful towards LFC, Can't take it anymore Empty Re: Kenny: Referees are disrespectful towards LFC, Can't take it anymore

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:28 pm

I think he is wrong.

I strongly believe referees do their best to be impartial. Okay, we had a couple of unlucky decisions for two Stoke handballs inside their penalty area, but that happens all the time, handballs go unnoticed.

I think Kenny hates losing and these comments of his were said in a disappointed state straight after the game.

I've got no complaints towards referees in our matches so far.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:37 pm

^^

I think against Sunderland and yesterday we were robbed.

We got lucky with decisions vs Arsenal though.

Against Bolton we won, but referee literally abused Suarez.

1 game for us
3 games against

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:05 pm

The FA have the chance to make a statement this week. They can finally grow a backbone and hand out actual, legitimate punishments to Fergie and Kenny as regulations state (Fergie's being more severe, as he mentioned the referee BEFORE THE GAME... again, in line with current regulations), they can make a weak whimper of a statement and give some little 1-match touchline ban or small fine, they can bend over again and let both slide, or look like absolute nobs and punish one but not the other.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum