Ali
Nishankly
zizzle
The Madrid One
54 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Is Messi Overated?

Is Lionel Messi Over Glorified? - Page 9 Vote_lcap56%Is Lionel Messi Over Glorified? - Page 9 Voting_bar 56% 
[ 40 ]
Is Lionel Messi Over Glorified? - Page 9 Vote_lcap44%Is Lionel Messi Over Glorified? - Page 9 Voting_bar 44% 
[ 31 ]

Total Votes : 71

Is Lionel Messi Over Glorified? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Lionel Messi Over Glorified?

Post by izzy Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:08 pm

nichabr wrote:I hate how people only name attacking players as the best ever...maldini is better than pele, messi and maradona even though he never won a WC so is beckenbauer...

based on what?

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Is Lionel Messi Over Glorified? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Lionel Messi Over Glorified?

Post by nichabr Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:10 pm

izzy wrote:
nichabr wrote:I hate how people only name attacking players as the best ever...maldini is better than pele, messi and maradona even though he never won a WC so is beckenbauer...

based on what?

based on being more complete footballers with better personalities which also makes them much better role models.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:13 pm

nichabr wrote:
izzy wrote:

based on what?

based on being more complete footballers with better personalities which also makes them much better role models.

What? Did you watch Pele and Maradona play? Are you actually basing that on their personalities?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:19 pm

izzy wrote:
nichabr wrote:
izzy wrote:

based on what?

What? Did you watch Pele and Maradona play? Are you actually basing that on their personalities?

Did you watch beckenbauer play or maldini play for the 25 years of consistency?...its not as if im calling maradonna and pele bad players i just think them being rated so highly while defenders never get any love...its very sad.

nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:21 pm

nichabr wrote:
izzy wrote:
nichabr wrote:
izzy wrote:

based on what?

Did you watch beckenbauer play or maldini play for the 25 years of consistency?...its not as if im calling maradonna and pele bad players i just think them being rated so highly while defenders never get any love...its very sad.

No I didn't. But i'm not the one making a sweeping statement, you are. You came out and made a statement and used personalities to back up your claim. Really?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:26 pm

izzy wrote:
nichabr wrote:
izzy wrote:
nichabr wrote:
izzy wrote:

based on what?

No I didn't. But i'm not the one making a sweeping statement, you are. You came out and made a statement and used personalities to back up your claim. Really?
yes and thats part of my claim...you need good a good personality to lead a team and both the players i named had great talent and great personality.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:28 pm

What I don't understand is how the best player in the world can be ovverglorified....this forum is astonishing...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:29 pm

nichabr wrote:yes and thats part of my claim...you need good a good personality to lead a team and both the players i named had great talent and great personality.

It's a simple question really. Did you see Maradona and Pele play?
If not, how can you arrive at your conclusion without actually having watched them play?

Personality and talent do make greats but thats not the only factors.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:33 pm

izzy wrote:
nichabr wrote:yes and thats part of my claim...you need good a good personality to lead a team and both the players i named had great talent and great personality.

If not, how can you arrive at your conclusion without actually having watched them play?

only a few times with what i could find on them...same as maldini and beckenbauer since im not a 60 year old to have seen them in detail.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG$PETER Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:41 pm

nichabr, smartest poster ever
BIG$PETER
BIG$PETER
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:43 pm

nichabr wrote:
izzy wrote:

only a few times with what i could find on them...same as maldini and beckenbauer since im not a 60 year old to have seen them in detail.

A few times? And you were able to deduce their whole careers work after watching a few games?

This is why its best to say that 'THE BEST PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN PLAY IS XXX' as it's something that you have been able to watch and come to your own conclusion.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:48 pm

nichabr deserves an admin status for his thoughts :coffee:
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:48 pm

izzy wrote:
nichabr wrote:
izzy wrote:

A few times? And you were able to deduce their whole careers work after watching a few games?

This is why its best to say that 'THE BEST PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN PLAY IS XXX' as it's something that you have been able to watch and come to your own conclusion.

shouldn't that be obvious? god ive gotta put my age up or something...i don't think their is anyone on this site that has seen all of those players through out their careers....and even if i havent seen their whole career in detail it should not matter because i rate them on what i have seen.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:50 pm

nichabr wrote:shouldn't that be obvious? god ive gotta put my age up or something...i don't think their is anyone on this site that has seen all of those players through out their careers....and even if i havent seen their whole career in detail it should not matter because i rate them on what i have seen.

What you see? Then Quaresma, Kerlon and Freddy Adu are the best players i've ever seen because of youtube.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:55 pm

izzy wrote:
nichabr wrote:shouldn't that be obvious? god ive gotta put my age up or something...i don't think their is anyone on this site that has seen all of those players through out their careers....and even if i havent seen their whole career in detail it should not matter because i rate them on what i have seen.

What you see? Then Quaresma, Kerlon and Freddy Adu are the best players i've ever seen because of youtube.
and on the spot u think about highlight reels on youtube?...i guess people couldn't have seen the countless dvds/documentries which contain so much info and videos of these players that everyone talks about...nope it has to be youtube.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:00 pm

There is no such thing as the best footballer ever. To be labelled as the best footballer ever, one would have to be good at all aspects of the game, including goal keeping. Can't really find a player like that...

Hence why it is better to just separate them into their respective positions eg. best goal keeper, best full back, best striker, etc. Maldini is better than Pele and Maradona combined in every aspect of defending and defensive mind set whilst Maradona could pass the ball better with a broken foot than Maldini on his best day.

So why compare the two? Just accept both are on equal ground as legends of the game. Also, one shouldn't take TMO's threads serious. That boy is as nutty as squirell shit..
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:01 pm

nichabr wrote:
izzy wrote:

and on the spot u think about highlight reels on youtube?...i guess people couldn't have seen the countless dvds/documentries which contain so much info and videos of these players that everyone talks about...nope it has to be youtube.

Has it ever occured to you that the dvd/documentaries will focus 99% on their great points and highlights? The 1% will glance over a little bad spell they have had.

What DVD and documentaries are you watching that are giving complete objective and full insight into these players careers? I've watched tons of games of Cryuff, Pele, Maradona, The Kaiser and so on but I never tried to make a judgement on where they rank as the best as all I have watched are their stellar games.

Watching a few stellar games ain't really enough to start saying X player is the best ever.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 pm

izzy wrote:
nichabr wrote:
izzy wrote:

Has it ever occured to you that the dvd/documentaries will focus 99% on their great points and highlights? The 1% will glance over a little bad spell they have had.

What DVD and documentaries are you watching that are giving complete objective and full insight into these players careers? I've watched tons of games of Cryuff, Pele, Maradona, The Kaiser and so on but I never tried to make a judgement on where they rank as the best as all I have watched are their stellar games.

Watching a few stellar games ain't really enough to start saying X player is the best ever.

yes but how else are you going to judge past players....i jugde them based on their best not their worst... anyways just end this im getting tired of typing.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:09 pm

nichabr wrote:yes but how else are you going to judge past players....i jugde them based on their best not their worst... anyways just end this im getting tired of typing.

That's exactly what i'm talking about. But without seeing them at their worst how would we know how mentally strong they were? It's a very important trait that makes a player great. Constant clips of them duppying the opposition ain't really a good source.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:27 pm

by overglorified you mean :
dude 1 : hey you seen schalke's mascot
dude 2 : naa not really messi is still GOAT

la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:32 pm

BIG$PETER wrote:nichabr, smartest poster ever
nice use of sarcasm....makes u feel smarter?

I would like a mod to do something about the quoted post because if i can get -25% for calling someone a idiot straight out and not using sarcasm like a pussy i expect equal punishment for this.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:51 pm

If Sarcasm is punishable I probably would have been banned by now :lol!:
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Doc wrote:There is no such thing as the best footballer ever. To be labelled as the best footballer ever, one would have to be good at all aspects of the game, including goal keeping. Can't really find a player like that...

Hence why it is better to just separate them into their respective positions eg. best goal keeper, best full back, best striker, etc. Maldini is better than Pele and Maradona combined in every aspect of defending and defensive mind set whilst Maradona could pass the ball better with a broken foot than Maldini on his best day.

So why compare the two? Just accept both are on equal ground as legends of the game. Also, one shouldn't take TMO's threads serious. That boy is as nutty as squirell shit..

Maybe we can say who is the best footballer in a certain position then?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:Souness might be the only UK pundit I listen to when he speaks, the only one I felt I generally agree with.

Not because of what he said about Messi, but he often speaks sense and is logical.

I find what he says intresting and its enough to further tell me, those who want to pretend Maradona is a clear cut above Messi are full of it.

Anyways, the only thing I dont like about Souness is he doesnt rate Totti...though to be fair, he does give fair reasons, but he just too harsh lol

Laughing Well he was a terrible manager, at least hes ok as a pundit maybe...Ive seen him sometimes and he always says things that are different instead of pundits who say what is popular or in the concensus.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9