Arquitecto
BarrileteCosmico
Eivindo
kiranr
fatman123
Babun
11 posters

Go down

Berlusconi: Barca success down to luck Empty Berlusconi: Barca success down to luck

Post by Babun Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Berlusconi was quoted in La Gazzetta dello Sport as saying: "Barcelona? They are the best team in Europe for me. However, only 50 per cent of their success is down to class, skill and tactics. The other half is a result of the luck they've had,"
Source: http://www.espnstar.com/football/serie-a/news/detail/item660826/Berlusconi:-Barca-success-down-to-luck/
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Berlusconi: Barca success down to luck Empty Re: Berlusconi: Barca success down to luck

Post by fatman123 Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:02 pm

here we go!
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Berlusconi: Barca success down to luck Empty Re: Berlusconi: Barca success down to luck

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Berlusconi... the same guy who is running a great country like Italy to the ground due to his archaic policies has an opinion?

I reject it!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm

fatman123 wrote:here we go!

thats what she said
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Any winning team needs luck. Look at Inter in 09/10. Had Milito's offside gaol been called, or Bojan's sitter header gone in Barca would have been the ones to go on. Not saying it didn't also require skill, the right tactics, and talent or that they didn't make enough merits to go through but on the winning team there is always a luck component.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:27 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Any winning team needs luck. Look at Inter in 09/10. Had Milito's offside gaol been called, or Bojan's sitter header gone in Barca would have been the ones to go on. Not saying it didn't also require skill, the right tactics, and talent or that they didn't make enough merits to go through but on the winning team there is always a luck component.

I still don't see how the goal was offside considering Pique did play him onside.

Very close call, but in the end it was the right call.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Any winning team needs luck. Look at Inter in 09/10. Had Milito's offside gaol been called, or Bojan's sitter header gone in Barca would have been the ones to go on. Not saying it didn't also require skill, the right tactics, and talent or that they didn't make enough merits to go through but on the winning team there is always a luck component.

I still don't see how the goal was offside considering Pique did play him onside.

Very close call, but in the end it was the right call.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:42 pm

Oh no, not again.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Another one for the IATF thread?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Title is misleading he only says 50% of it. Then again every champ has some degree of luck.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:20 am

I think in a sense Barca are very lucky. On the field they make there own luck and I am a believer that every good team makes there own luck. For as many calls that go against you, the same amount will go for you in the end, just everyone remembers the bad ones or what ever happened in important games.

The reason Barca are VERY lucky is that they developed 3 of the top 5 players in the world and didn't pay a cent for them. They could run La Masia for another 100 years and I don't think they could do that again. Thats why it doesn't matter who Madrid buys, they won't be better then this generation of players.

I'm a Barca fan and yes they do have the best youth system, but 3 of the top 5 players is crazy and lucky.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down