Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

+5
Red Alert
ToEy
FennecFox7
The Madrid One
fatman123
9 posters

Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by fatman123 Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:38 am

No goals in their first two games, a draw against the toon and 2-0 loss at ome to 'pool, the gunner really couldnt have started the season much worse
now i know im not taking into account wengers inability to spend, the loss of cesc etc and this is probably a knee jerk more then anything, but in the last two games arsenals attack has been about as exciting as a dead fish, and im just starting to wonder, is this the begining of a slump similar to the one chelsea were in at christmas time last year?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by The Madrid One Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:40 am

arsenal is in an "arsenal esque" slump.

you just might be in it too.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4796
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:41 am

At least their defense is somewhat solid. Now we know that their attack is the problem.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by ToEy Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:19 am

Far worse than the Chelsea slump...it would be an interesting game Udinese vs Arsenal...in fact Udinese might just nick it, and they will have a worse season than the Chelsea slump

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 325
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:25 am

Let's just hope they qualify for CL. They need the cash. They NEED PLAYERS!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:02 am

we don't have a playmaker atm.... plus half of our defense if injured.....so i think that plays into it a bit too that our attack sucks atm...
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by fatman123 Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:11 am

Giggity5313 wrote:At least their defense is somewhat solid. Now we know that their attack is the problem.

that was chelseas problems, way too many 0-0 games, last season we had the best defense in the league, but like arsenal we couldnt find the back of the net
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by teague Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:02 pm

ynwa wrote:Let's just hope they qualify for CL. They need the cash. They NEED PLAYERS!

They have cash. They need to spend!
teague
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by ToEy Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:36 pm

teague wrote:
ynwa wrote:Let's just hope they qualify for CL. They need the cash. They NEED PLAYERS!

They have cash. They need to spend!

It is not as simple as that, They have the money to buy top class players, but their wage structure hampers their progress in that sense. To attract top players, you pay top wages, but paying top wages for a world class player, you would break that wage structure and will have all the RVPs and Sagnas in the world asking for wage increases. It is not as simple as they have 50m in their kitty, go spend the 50m...they will spend more than 50m to get that 50m player due to their wage structure

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 325
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by teague Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:47 pm

ToEy wrote:
teague wrote:
ynwa wrote:Let's just hope they qualify for CL. They need the cash. They NEED PLAYERS!

They have cash. They need to spend!

It is not as simple as that, They have the money to buy top class players, but their wage structure hampers their progress in that sense. To attract top players, you pay top wages, but paying top wages for a world class player, you would break that wage structure and will have all the RVPs and Sagnas in the world asking for wage increases. It is not as simple as they have 50m in their kitty, go spend the 50m...they will spend more than 50m to get that 50m player due to their wage structure

That's a very good point. However, that just means that they need to revise their wage structure.
teague
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by ToEy Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:55 pm

teague wrote:
ToEy wrote:
teague wrote:
ynwa wrote:Let's just hope they qualify for CL. They need the cash. They NEED PLAYERS!

They have cash. They need to spend!

It is not as simple as that, They have the money to buy top class players, but their wage structure hampers their progress in that sense. To attract top players, you pay top wages, but paying top wages for a world class player, you would break that wage structure and will have all the RVPs and Sagnas in the world asking for wage increases. It is not as simple as they have 50m in their kitty, go spend the 50m...they will spend more than 50m to get that 50m player due to their wage structure

That's a very good point. However, that just means that they need to revise their wage structure.

It is not easy to revise that wage structure. By just doubling that wage structure (which is actually the normal rate Real, Barca, City, United and co pay their top players), they can potentially be doubling their wages cost which, if im not mistaken, the highest expense of a football club.

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 325
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by teague Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Arsenal are known for their relatively low expenditure but they are also a top club. I'm sure they have enough resources to afford an increase in the wage limit and attract bigger names to the club to improve their chances of winning a title.
teague
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by Abramovich Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm actually going to give Arsenal the benefit of the doubt here because we kinda are in the same boat too, we both need signings to address clear problems thankfully we look like we are starting to do so, Arsenal well only time will tell.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by drakefyre Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:03 pm

teague wrote:Arsenal are known for their relatively low expenditure but they are also a top club. I'm sure they have enough resources to afford an increase in the wage limit and attract bigger names to the club to improve their chances of winning a title.

It's not that simple . Arsenal doesnt have a low wage-structure . They have a different wage-structure .

They pay more to the youngsters in an attempt to have to stick with them , but do not really pay City-esque money to stars . If i remember right , players like Bendtner and Diaby earn much more than the squad players in the top clubs . This infact is cited as one of the reasons that Arsenal cant find a buyer for Bendtner .

This different wage-structure has probably helped Arsenal in the past to hold on to some of their youngsters , it's a very delicate matter trying to restructure it .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 319
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by teague Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:23 pm

drakefyre wrote:
teague wrote:Arsenal are known for their relatively low expenditure but they are also a top club. I'm sure they have enough resources to afford an increase in the wage limit and attract bigger names to the club to improve their chances of winning a title.

It's not that simple . Arsenal doesnt have a low wage-structure . They have a different wage-structure .

They pay more to the youngsters in an attempt to have to stick with them , but do not really pay City-esque money to stars . If i remember right , players like Bendtner and Diaby earn much more than the squad players in the top clubs . This infact is cited as one of the reasons that Arsenal cant find a buyer for Bendtner .

This different wage-structure has probably helped Arsenal in the past to hold on to some of their youngsters , it's a very delicate matter trying to restructure it .

Clubs like Barcelona, Madrid, Manchester United, etc don't really have enough money to finance what they spend annually and that's why they have the most massive debts in football. Considering how bad the other clubs are doing, Arsenal could really push their limit further, besides the fans have been asking the club to spend anyway.
teague
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump? Empty Re: Is arsenal in a chelsea esque slump?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum