Lord Hades
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
S
sagnik92
37 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Off-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic: Argentina National Team

Post by Albiceleste Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Zanetti obviously :coffee:

Off-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 9 Z

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Off-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic: Argentina National Team

Post by shinigami99 Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Sabella reportedly went on a European trip to chat with players

Coloccini was one of the players he spoke with :coffee:

Other players were Tino Costa, Perotti, Campagnaro(Napoli),Gaitan, Fazio, Garay.

Not bad, hope he sorts out the defence soon
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Campagnaro is from Argentina? Why the hell isn't he a regular then? He's great for Napoli.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:10 pm

shinigami99 wrote:Sabella reportedly went on a European trip to chat with players

Coloccini was one of the players he spoke with :coffee:

Other players were Tino Costa, Perotti, Campagnaro(Napoli),Gaitan, Fazio, Garay.

Not bad, hope he sorts out the defence soon

Tell him to GTFO until we get some defenders Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:29 pm

cheers

Is sense prevailing finally?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Zealous wrote:Campagnaro is from Argentina? Why the hell isn't he a regular then? He's great for Napoli.

He's alright for Napoli, nothing special, or at least not a significant improvement over other defenders in the roster (except for Demi).

Colo-Colo cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:50 pm

I'm hyperboling a little (Razz) but he is decent and I'm genuinely surprised he isn't being used more.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:25 am

Ansaldi or Jonas needs to play left back. Anyone else remember Ansaldi was actually pretty good vs Barca back in 2009/10 UCL

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:58 pm

Ansaldi plays for Rubin Kazan...don't think Argentine coaches rate them highly tbh. As much as I would like to see Ansaldi as left back...prolly won't happen. But we'll see

btw LM, did you see that Sabella might call up Aimar? What do you think about that? I think it could be a hit/miss but it's worth a shot.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Maradona called up Aimar, and when that happened it was heavily rumored to be a special request by Messi, who admired the Frodo-looking midfielder.

Also, is harhar now Chilean? No wonder he thought the Argentina - Chile rivalry was bigger than the Argentina - Province (uruguay) and Argentina - Brazil rivalries.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Campagnaro is just alright?

Ok.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:15 pm

shinigami99 wrote:Ansaldi plays for Rubin Kazan...don't think Argentine coaches rate them highly tbh. As much as I would like to see Ansaldi as left back...prolly won't happen. But we'll see

btw LM, did you see that Sabella might call up Aimar? What do you think about that? I think it could be a hit/miss but it's worth a shot.
I agree, Aimar is experienced, and has been successful with the NT and has played with Messi and others on the NT together before, it's definetly worth a try, especially with Pastore's form atm.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Aimar is still fantastic imo, his ability as a passer and creator is fantastic. Always willing to connect with the midfield and is as unselfish a player as there is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:02 pm

I would love to try a team like this:
Romero
Zabaleta Mascherano Otamendi Jonas
Gaitan Gago Braña Di Maria
Messi Higuain/Aguero

We did quite well with Messi as SS in a 442 against chile, maybe it can work again.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:I would love to try a team like this:
Romero
Messi Higuain/Aguero

We did quite well with Messi as SS in a 442 against chile, maybe it can work again.

Not enough height in the backline IMO....we need either Colo+otamendi or Colo+Masch. In the midfield..maybe instead of Brana I would put Biglia since he has kind of a Lucho style of play(box-box, good passing, good defending etc.) but playing at Anderlect is not helping him get called up.

Also, I could live with Jonas on the team now(Newcastle IS doing quite well), but I would rather Ansaldi as the LB. Pillud at right back would be better IMO but Zabaleta does a pretty darn good job.

Gaitan and Di Maria..it can work, but Gaitan is still pretty unproven in the NT(though he possesses good potential). Di Maria has improved tremendously and despite his diving i would have him in my team

However, Gaitan is probably the best person for that job on the wings so i guess it has to work.

shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Li-Lo time..dude is back, get him in.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:32 pm

shinigami99 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:I would love to try a team like this:
Romero
Messi Higuain/Aguero

Not enough height in the backline IMO....we need either Colo+otamendi or Colo+Masch. In the midfield..maybe instead of Brana I would put Biglia since he has kind of a Lucho style of play(box-box, good passing, good defending etc.) but playing at Anderlect is not helping him get called up.

Also, I could live with Jonas on the team now(Newcastle IS doing quite well), but I would rather Ansaldi as the LB. Pillud at right back would be better IMO but Zabaleta does a pretty darn good job.

Gaitan and Di Maria..it can work, but Gaitan is still pretty unproven in the NT(though he possesses good potential). Di Maria has improved tremendously and despite his diving i would have him in my team

However, Gaitan is probably the best person for that job on the wings so i guess it has to work.

Yeah I was just trying to make a squad using mostly call ups that Sabella used last international break, I think it's just a system that we should give a whirl since it worked once against a pretty good team.

I agree with you about the fullbacks and Biglia is a pretty good player, I like him. He reminds me of Cambiasso, he would be good to have but I'm just worried if Biglia - Gago/Banega is enough defensiveness in the middle.

The Franchise wrote:Li-Lo time..dude is back, get him in.
Yeah, maybe, we'll see. I hope he does get called up but I don't think he'll start over Higuain or Aguero. I'd really like him to play though to see how he does.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Probably wouldnt start over them no, but I did and still do consider him better than Higuain and a real number 9 which Aguero isnt.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:36 pm

dani, since you regard Lisandro so highly, why do you think he was never courted by a big club and never really hit the limelight in a major fashion?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:35 pm

messixaviesta wrote:dani, since you regard Lisandro so highly, why do you think he was never courted by a big club and never really hit the limelight in a major fashion?

Well Lyon were the only club willing to pay Porto's very vast demands. Since then Lyon have not had a successful team and he has had some injuries.

Also, how many teams need a number 9?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:dani, since you regard Lisandro so highly, why do you think he was never courted by a big club and never really hit the limelight in a major fashion?

Well Lyon were the only club willing to pay Porto's very vast demands. Since then Lyon have not had a successful team and he has had some injuries.

PSG. He would be fantastic there

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Given that they just offered Tevez a 10M euros per year deal I doubt that will happen.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:17 am

Dont think Lyon would sell to them, also think given his age, its a pointless move. By the team PSG are legit he would be past his peak.

I only wish he moved after Porto someplace else, but nobody was willing to pay such a high fee (even if looking back, well worth it).
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:13 am

Li Lo better than Higuain Thumbs up

#Porto Bias.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:17 am

The Franchise wrote:

Yes that makes sense. No wonder Falcao moved to Atletico.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Sabella just announced the European contingent of the squad for the match against switzerland:
Sergio ROMERO (Sampdoria – Italy)
Defenders:
Daniel DIAZ (Getafe – Spain)

Hugo CAMPAGNARO (Napoli – Italy)

Federico FERNANDEZ (Napoli – Italy)

Pablo ZABALETA (Manchester City – England)

Luciano MONZÓN (Nice– France)

Ezequiel GARAY (Benfica – Portugal)

Marcos ROJO (Spartak Moscow – Russia)

Midfielders:
Angel DI MARIA (Real Madrid- Spain)

Javier MASCHERANO (Barcelona – Spain)
Fernando GAGO (Roma – Italy)

Erik LAMELA (Roma – Italy)

Maxi RODRIGUEZ (Liverpool – England)

José SOSA (Metalist – Ukraine)

Forwards:
Gonzalo HIGUAIN (Real Madrid – Spain)

Lionel MESSI (Barcelona – Spain)

Rodrigo PALACIO (Genoa – Italy)

Sergio AGÜERO (Manchester City – England)

Sosa :facepalm: Rojo :facepalm:

Lamela :bow:

no Coloccini :facepalm:

My lineup would be

Campagnaro----Mascherano----Fernandez

-Zabaleta--Lamela-Gago-Di Maria- Clemente(hopefully he gets called)

--------------Messi---Pipa/Kun-------------
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next