Why Juventus could challenge in 2011/12

+3
C.Marchisio #8
mezzogiornese
pasquale22
7 posters

Go down

Why Juventus could challenge in 2011/12 Empty Why Juventus could challenge in 2011/12

Post by pasquale22 Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:17 am

Juventus have threatened to make a serious challenge for the Serie A crown on more than one occasion since their return from the second tier in 2007 but at no point have they ever looked likely to come good on their apparent potential.

The summer of 2009 was particularly notable for talk of a 30th title coming out of Turin. There were seemingly endless reasons for optimism, with over €50 million spent on Felipe Melo, Fabio Grosso and Diego, who was seen as a key signing in their attempts to challenge Inter. Then there was the appointment of former playing hero Ciro Ferrara as coach after a promising two-game spell in caretaker charge at the end of the previous season. The result was that Ferrara was sacked by January and Juve finished seventh, crashing out of the Champions League before Christmas.

To many it may appear that the 2011 close season has provided a very similar backdrop for the campaign to come, with new boss Antonio Conte claiming that AC Milan and Inter don't see Juve as realistic challengers. But this time around there are seemingly more tangible reasons for Bianconeri followers to get their hopes up ahead of the coming Serie A calendar, despite the bookmakers insisting the league title will be a two-horse race between the Milanese giants.

INCREASED ATTACKING OPTIONS

This time last year it was Vincenzo Iaquinta and Amauri who Luigi Del Neri had to turn to in his search for a vital goal whenever Alessandro Del Piero and Fabio Quagliarella couldn’t conjure something up.

This time around it will be Del Piero and Quagliarella who themselves will act as back-up to Mirko Vucinic and Alessandro Matri as coach Antonio Conte and general director Giuseppe Marotta have strengthened their forward line.

While Iaquinta and Amauri remain on the books, along with Luca Toni, the likelihood of them gaining many first-team minutes is very slight, which can only be a good sign.

BETTER MIDFIELD BALANCE

Felipe Melo and Mohamed Sissoko simply never worked as a partnership. Alberto Aquilani and the Brazilian provided something closer to what Juventus were looking for, but were still left wanting when it really came down to it.

This year, though, it appears that a well-balanced centre-midfield pairing has finally been conjured up. Andrea Pirlo may well be the wrong side of 30 now, but if given the right kind of platform he could still have a hugely positive influence, and the signing of Arturo Vidal appears just what Juve needed alongside the former Milan playmaker. Michele Pazienza will also be ready to provide a capable foil when called upon.

ANTONIO CONTE

If Juventini are really so desperate to have one of their own lead the side then they can’t have asked for much more than Conte being handed the reins. Unlike Ferrara, to whom many detractors have drawn parallels, the ex-Bianconeri midfielder comes with coaching experience – including two promotions – already under his belt.

He also has a reputation for playing with a dynamic, wing-based 4-2-4 formation which should suit the thirst at the Delle Alpi for a side stretching opponents with positive, attractive football. The black-and-white blood is also likely to come in handy as the no-nonsense Conte looks to restore his club’s former glories.

TRANSITIONAL INTER

This is where the big factor comes in. A club can make all the additions in the world, but if a rival side are able to match their improvements then the zero sum can result in little progress.

However, Inter have struggled to make sufficient additions to their squad since winning the Champions League in 2010, with another summer of discontent hurtling towards its end with Samuel Eto’o set for the door and Wesley Sneijder still a potential departure.

Juve fans would love little more than to finish above the hated Nerazzurri for the first time since Calciopoli, and it seems increasingly likely that a power shift could be about to take place.

NO DISTRACTIONS

There was something bittersweet about the 2-2 draw with Napoli on the final day of the 2010-11 season confirming Juve’s lack of participation in the Europa League. Yes, there’s something about Juventus Football Club that screams European representation, and the prize money would have come in very handy, but on a footballing level there was little appeal in the competition.

With the Champions League a long lost dream, another crack at the booby prize was not exactly high on the club’s agenda. And now Conte’s side will have up to 10 less matches to drag themselves through in the first half of the season alone, which will make a huge difference to a club hit hard by recent injuries. But of course, no distractions also means no excuses!
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Why Juventus could challenge in 2011/12 Empty Re: Why Juventus could challenge in 2011/12

Post by mezzogiornese Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:39 am

It will be a struggle to get CL never mind win the league. Inter may struggle this year but they still have a better + more gelled squad than Juve and there's still Napoli, Milan and potentially Roma (depending on how the risky new signings perform) with better squads.

Juve simply hasn't done enough on the Market yet this season- and the names linked are simply not on the same standard as those linked to Roma for example.

They signed Bojan- who will surely make a big impact + Lamela + Angel who are rising stars. Now they are linked with Thiago, Nilmar and Osvaldo- quality players.

Meanwhile Juve have made a good signing in Vidal- an ancient injury prone Pirlo who doesnt fit the system and two average but stable full backs. And someone who couldn't get playing time at Napoli. I'm just hoping Juve has some seriously good Primavera promoted this year. And a Roma drop out sorry.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Why Juventus could challenge in 2011/12 Empty Re: Why Juventus could challenge in 2011/12

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:51 am

We have the needed squad but they are new here and their game arent established yet.It will take time to be greatest again
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:54 am

mezzogiornese wrote:It will be a struggle to get CL never mind win the league. Inter may struggle this year but they still have a better + more gelled squad than Juve and there's still Napoli, Milan and potentially Roma (depending on how the risky new signings perform) with better squads.

Juve simply hasn't done enough on the Market yet this season- and the names linked are simply not on the same standard as those linked to Roma for example.

They signed Bojan- who will surely make a big impact + Lamela + Angel who are rising stars. Now they are linked with Thiago, Nilmar and Osvaldo- quality players.

Meanwhile Juve have made a good signing in Vidal- an ancient injury prone Pirlo who doesnt fit the system and two average but stable full backs. And someone who couldn't get playing time at Napoli. I'm just hoping Juve has some seriously good Primavera promoted this year. And a Roma drop out sorry.
Sorry but I have to disagree. Roma havnt had a better market than us. And I wouldn't call lich average. He's a very strong player and better than any roma full back. Vidal was one of bundesliga's best and good b a great signing whilst Vucinic has done nothing wrong in pre season and we have seen krasic return to form as well as pasquato going from strength to strength .

Sorry dude but I reckon inter will fall. They havnt signed anyone and also it seems eto'o will leave. Also I'm a bit skeptical if the 3-4-3 will work. Im not saying we will win scudetto but we will definitely be better than Roma and will close the gap on inter
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:02 am

I've got to say Roma's Mercato has been far better allow me to justify-

Vidal is a good signing I already acknowledged that- Juve have bought some established players but with the exception of Vidal none of them sparkle and are too average for a side challenging for the title.

Even so a world class C/DM isn't going to win games for you on his own.

Roma have on the other hand bought- and look to continue doing so- players with that sparkle. Yes they are young, yes it will take time to gel the side and for them to get experience- but its nothing a year playing can't solve.

Juve might perform better this season but Romas signings are going to make a big effect in the near future.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:08 am

mezzogiornese wrote:I've got to say Roma's Mercato has been far better allow me to justify-

Vidal is a good signing I already acknowledged that- Juve have bought some established players but with the exception of Vidal none of them sparkle and are too average for a side challenging for the title.

Even so a world class C/DM isn't going to win games for you on his own.

Roma have on the other hand bought- and look to continue doing so- players with that sparkle. Yes they are young, yes it will take time to gel the side and for them to get experience- but its nothing a year playing can't solve.

Juve might perform better this season but Romas signings are going to make a big effect in the near future.
Bojan isn't there player and I don't reckon theyl pay 28m regardless of how well he goes. It's too steep for them . They've Lost risse and mirko as well. Stek is a great signing though. Mercato isn't closed yet and I hope beppe will bring us the big fish he promised! As for inter , I saw the supercoppa and I really liked what I saw from alvarez . But like is said the 3-4-3 I'm skeptical about
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:10 am

Also look at Romas signings . Angel Bojan stek lamela. None from serie a . Compared to lich pirlo Ziegler Vucinic and pasquato who have serie a experience
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:11 am

I really hope too that Juve make a big signing. I've always thought Ribery suited bianconero.

Calcio needs a strong Juve.

I suppose future Mercati will be the best in Italy given the extra revenue from the new Stadio.

EDIT:

And yes Roma's signings are risky but risks pay off- more often than not when a good director is involved.

Last edited by mezzogiornese on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:13 am

mezzogiornese wrote:I really hope too that Juve make a big signing. I've always thought Ribery suited bianconero.

Calcio needs a strong Juve.

I suppose future Mercati will be the best in Italy given the extra revenue from the new Stadio.
Let's hope mate. And yes calcio does need a strong juve. We r the big team beaters! And we contribute to Gli azzurri so much.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:32 am

Roma signed young players but you can compare it to the Man U - Arsenal relationship.. Man U have experienced strong MEN while arsenal consist of inexperienced weak BOYS. i know im a bit rough here, but there is a reason arsenal hasn't won anything since the departure of henry.. Lamala will flop for Roma. Bojan will score 15 goals this season and return to Barca so no, Romanista.. You have NOT had a better market then us.. (w signed two fullbacks because we needed this so you can NEVER compare licht to say Bojan..??!)
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:25 am

Do you guys not even realize how much youve signed and how appreciative you should be?

Juventus

In:

Andrea Pirlo (free, AC Milan) Michele Pazienza (free, Napoli) Reto Ziegler (free, Sampdoria) Alessandro Matri (€15.5m, Cagliari) Fabio Quagliarella (€10.5m, Napoli) Simone Pepe (€7.5m, Udinese) Marco Motta (€3.75m, Udinese) Stephan Lichtsteiner (€10m, Lazio) Arturo Vidal (€10.5m, Bayer Leverkusen) Mirko Vucinic (€15m, AS Roma) Albin Ekdal (€1.3m, Bologna) Sergio Almiron (undisclosed fee, Bari) Matteo Trini (undisclosed fee, Lumezzane)

Out:

Hasan Salihamidzic (free, VfL Wolfsburg) Mohamed Sissoko (undisclosed fee, Paris Saint-Germain) Felipe Melo (loan, Galatasaray) Davide Lanzafame (free, Palermo) Sebastian Giovinco (loan, Parma)
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 am

According to Eurosport u can soon add Vargas to the in List and Amaru + 10 mil for VArgas on the out list lol
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:55 am

mezzogiornese wrote:It will be a struggle to get CL never mind win the league. Inter may struggle this year but they still have a better + more gelled squad than Juve and there's still Napoli, Milan and potentially Roma (depending on how the risky new signings perform) with better squads.

Roma also needs to gel, they have bought players for the future.
Juventus brought in proven players like Pirlo and Vucinic that can make a difference right now.
Roma has dropped some players that were key for the min the past, Vucinic, Mexes and Menez. They've added quality but I don't know about them right now, I guess we'll wait and see.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down