Fahim89
poolsupporter
Red Alert
34 posters

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

Rival thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Rival thread

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Thing that bugs me most is that we're still behind Everton Mad hopefully Arsenal beat them today so that we can have a chance finishing above them

Well not me. Even though they are our cross-town rivals. Probably it's because they haven't left us chasing their coat-tails (over the years). Or may be because they haven't took a ride on suger-daddy. Or parhaps there isn't any bad-blood between us.

Yes, I would love to finish above them, but if they can finish above us, quodos to them.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Well, it finished 0 - 0 between Arsenal and Everton. Watched the second half, while neither had brilliant chances both looked like they could win it. I'm still hopeful we'll pass them in the table.

The battle for top-4 is immense, both Chelsea and Tottenham now with a chance to overtake Arsenal with their games in hand, it's just a shame we're not in the mix...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Liverpool section also took up my Rival Watch idea :bow: Just noticed Juve and RM also have these thread Very Happy

Anyway, I popped in here for a question:

Whats your opinion of BR? Without the usual scouser 'we will win the league next year' bias shown by mass populi fans, what are your realistic expectations from the transfer market and the 2013-14 season? (be objective abt it, no bias allowed ok?) .. I am just curious, will not comment either way on your views..

(Umm, if this is in the wrong thread, feel free to move it but let me know where I can find it! Grazie Smile )

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed May 15, 2013 1:17 pm

srigooner wrote:Whats your opinion of BR? Without the usual scouser 'we will win the league next year' bias shown by mass populi fans, what are your realistic expectations from the transfer market and the 2013-14 season? (be objective abt it, no bias allowed ok?) .. I am just curious, will not comment either way on your views..

When was the last time any fan here had that view?!?!?!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
srigooner wrote:Whats your opinion of BR? Without the usual scouser 'we will win the league next year' bias shown by mass populi fans, what are your realistic expectations from the transfer market and the 2013-14 season? (be objective abt it, no bias allowed ok?) .. I am just curious, will not comment either way on your views..

When was the last time any fan here had that view?!?!?!

I said mass populi, not GL crowd! Given how less I have interacted with fans outside the Arsenal section, I don't have any clue if the tendency is the same here. Which is why I specifically asked for a non-biased opinion. Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed May 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Well I personally rate BR very highly but the guy needs time. But i believe given the time he can transform this team and win trophies.

If our Summer Transfer goes as well as our January Window I believe we would be a very very strong contender for CL spots next year. Winning the league is still 2-3 years down the line.

Maybe a FA Cup or Carling Cup next year is feasible considering lack of pressure from no participation in Europe.

Regarding the transfer window I am really excited and feel the team in place and BR would do some magic again Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed May 15, 2013 9:15 pm

I was actually thinking this recently... I think one of BR's best (and least talked about) skills are his man management. The number of instances this year where he has gotten seemingly uninterested or uncommitted players to turn it around, both behind the scenes and in his press conferences is incredible.

I thought of this when reading an interview with Sturridge, and he was thanking everyone around him (BR, his family, Coutinho for his passes) for the goals he was able to score. The difference in his mentality with Liverpool from the reports we heard from everyone beforehand is striking, and it reminded me of the comments BR made when Sturridge first joined. Everyone said this would be his last chance at a top club to show he has the mentality, and it seems like that's working out.

We saw similar occurrences with Enrique and Downing at the beginning of the year (they were publicly reprimanded for their mentality) and the results have been striking. His management of game time and rewards for our youngsters have also been impressive. It really seems to me as though he knows how to control the locker room to a great degree, and that skill is so crucial to leading a team. I expect great things from him next year.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 15, 2013 11:00 pm

People don't realize this now but Rodgers is a f*cking gem. He's the absolute right man for this job. And we're lucky to have him. His only flaw at the moment is his crazy love his former players, Ashley Williams links are still scaring me Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 16, 2013 8:27 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:People don't realize this now but Rodgers is a f*cking gem. He's the absolute right man for this job. And we're lucky to have him. His only flaw at the moment is his crazy love his former players, Ashley Williams links are still scaring me Sad

He is the right man for the job but saying we're lucky to have him is pushing it... he's lucky to manage Liverpool lol.

srigooner wrote:Liverpool section also took up my Rival Watch idea :bow: Just noticed Juve and RM also have these thread Very Happy

Anyway, I popped in here for a question:

Whats your opinion of BR? Without the usual scouser 'we will win the league next year' bias shown by mass populi fans, what are your realistic expectations from the transfer market and the 2013-14 season? (be objective abt it, no bias allowed ok?) .. I am just curious, will not comment either way on your views..

(Umm, if this is in the wrong thread, feel free to move it but let me know where I can find it! Grazie Smile )

Terms of transfers: continuing the success of the January window. We'll continue to go looking for young players ready to prove something and fight for the club. Looking at players that are ready to play first team football but not having the chance at their current club. Hopefully they have some sort of experience in them.

We'll also continue to try and drop the wage bill. We got rid of somewhere around 15 million pounds from last years summer, and we'll be continue to trying to drop that. Players who deserve the wages are fine. Mainly looking at the "older" or "fringe" players that don't offer much and are on high wages.

Expectations for next year would hopefully pushing into the top four. A lot of teams are above us are now in a transitional period too. At least 4 teams above us are looking for new manages next season so we should try and exploit that.

We've done very well this year in terms of BR adapting to Liverpool and Liverpool adapting to BR but we need to find some consistently. We go from winning 4-0 one week to a lazy performance the week after for the score to be 0-0 or 1-1. And whilst we've had good solid performances wise against the "bigger" clubs, we need to try and steal points from them. Not only do we drop points, we give the advantage to the other teams fighting for a top four finish and it hurts us later on in the season.

Another expectation would probably be working on the defence. Last year we struggled to score but were solid at the back. This year we can score quite a bit but struggle defensively. So we need to find the balance. We still need a defensive coach to help Rodgers team set up at set pieces as we're vulnerable at those.

Last but not least; we need to be strong mentally. We have a very balanced list in terms of experience and youth so we need to start developing that mental understanding between everyone that anything but a win is failure.

So yeah:
-More consistency week in week out.
-Be stronger mentally.
-Finding a balance between attack and defence.

And try and sneak in a cup run. Maybe the FA cup or Carling Cup. Razz

As for Rodgers, majority of people are content with him. He seems to know what he's doing but he needs the time. If he continues to show progress he'll be fine. He's managing us at a critical point in the clubs history; so he does need to be extra careful on what he does.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu May 16, 2013 8:41 am

ynwa wrote:
He is the right man for the job but saying we're lucky to have him is pushing it... he's lucky to manage Liverpool lol.

Now now I have always said LAMBERT WAS BETTER Razz (if you know what i mean)

ynwa wrote:
We'll also continue to try and drop the wage bill. We got rid of somewhere around 15 million pounds from last years summer, and we'll be continue to trying to drop that. Players who deserve the wages are fine. Mainly looking at the "older" or "fringe" players that don't offer much and are on high wages.

This won't be addressed much this year i feel as the players who might be leaving would be the young useless fringe players. Don't see Downing leaving & Carroll's salary was mostly covered by WHUFC. So, only Carra's part would be removed which then again is pretty high.

ynwa wrote:
Another expectation would probably be working on the defence. Last year we struggled to score but were solid at the back. This year we can score quite a bit but struggle defensively. So we need to find the balance. We still need a defensive coach to help Rodgers team set up at set pieces as we're vulnerable at those.

Well defense hase improved greatly in the 2nd half of the season we have consided far far lesser goals & many clean sheets in the 2nd half of the season. So, here is to hoping that would improve. A similar trend to Rafa's 1st season transition to his 2nd.

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 am

Lambert saved Villa from relegation and has given Benteke the recognition he deserves. Leave art alone. :bow:

We're still vulnerable at the back, especially at set pieces. We're also vulnerable on the counter quite a bit. Lucas has found some form again and has intercepted/tackled heaps to save us. We'll see next season how our defence goes.

I can see Downing sold, Carroll sold and Carragher is obviously retiring. That in it's own is 250k ish off the wage bill. Skrtel is rumoured out too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 16, 2013 9:33 am

hmm

Thanks fellows!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu May 16, 2013 9:48 am

ynwa wrote:
We're still vulnerable at the back, especially at set pieces. We're also vulnerable on the counter quite a bit. Lucas has found some form again and has intercepted/tackled heaps to save us. We'll see next season how our defence goes.

I can see Downing sold, Carroll sold and Carragher is obviously retiring. That in it's own is 250k ish off the wage bill. Skrtel is rumoured out too.

As i said things have improved still a work in progress not a finished good.

Carroll i feel was on WHUFC payroll more then ours & did mention Carra. Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu May 16, 2013 3:52 pm

I never really cared about villa and labert before, but he deserves some praise for doing it with such a young squad.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 17, 2013 12:13 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I never really cared about villa and labert before, but he deserves some praise for doing it with such a young squad.

Yea, Villa's squad is almost as young as ours.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 17, 2013 7:51 am

Lambert's great.

I'm still not a fan of Rodgers, but he's done OK enough to deserve another season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri May 17, 2013 7:57 am

Lambert actually underachieved this season with regards to what he had achieved with Norwich last season.

I rate him. He needs some money at his disposal. Way too young squad.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri May 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Rafa to Napoli hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 am

Nishank wrote:Rafa to Napoli hmm

The deal is not done yet most likely Rafa stalling over Ancelloti's move to Real if that happens he might move to PSG rather then Napoli. . . Imagine that Rafe with all that money talent at his disposal :bow:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat May 25, 2013 9:50 am

Yeah i think rafa being quite intelligent here because there are chances cavani may leave in this window. For rafa career it is better that he moves to PSG instead of Napoli. I think that short stint at chelsea has done wonders to him.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Spurs could lose Bale and AVB in one window... that's TWO massive losses right there.

Everton will also regress under Martinez.

That's two teams above us that will "drop"

We should be all over that.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:09 am

Arsenal getting Higuain?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:27 am

Nishank wrote:Arsenal getting Higuain?

rofl rofl

What seriously!!!! Shocked
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:49 am

They'll have to pay 25m. When has Wenger ever paid more than 15m?? Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:53 am

McAgger wrote:They'll have to pay 25m. When has Wenger ever paid more than 15m?? Laughing

Arshavin 16m their record signing Razz (not like we are the right people to judge record transfers rofl )
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:57 am

But at least if Higuain does move to PL, it's a pretty likable team that he joins in Arsenal, and not Chavski or Yanited, or Meh City, or Spuds.

Never minded Arsenal being strong and playing well.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next