OT: Selecciones vs Venezuela in Puerto La Cruz today

5 posters

Go down

OT:  Selecciones vs Venezuela  in Puerto La Cruz today Empty OT: Selecciones vs Venezuela in Puerto La Cruz today

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Looks like Llorente will start and Ramos & Casillas get a rest.

Prospective line-up is Valdes; Iraola, Marchena, Albiol, Arbeloa; Xabi, Busquets, Iniesta; Pedro, Llorente and Villa

What a depth of talent, that's only 3 or 4 of regular starting line-up and yet it's a very good team (well maybe not at CB).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

OT:  Selecciones vs Venezuela  in Puerto La Cruz today Empty Re: OT: Selecciones vs Venezuela in Puerto La Cruz today

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:20 pm

wait spain plays today?

and its seleccion not seleciones :bball:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

OT:  Selecciones vs Venezuela  in Puerto La Cruz today Empty Re: OT: Selecciones vs Venezuela in Puerto La Cruz today

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:30 pm

The Madrid One wrote:wait spain plays today?

and its seleccion not seleciones :bball:

Are you trying to tell me how to speak Spanish? We call them selecciones (the selected -(plural)), similar to the english "all stars".
And yes they do play later tonight (in about 4 hours).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:36 pm

oh its you bill! Smile just my insight on it Razz
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Just don't call them La Armada. The lovely Spanish seem to dislike that nickname. A lot...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:46 pm

Doc wrote:Just don't call them La Armada. The lovely Spanish seem to dislike that nickname. A lot...

I see you are a Trini (I have lots of Trini friends when I am in Canada). What de hell is going on!!! You have to be from the Caribe to think Armada. We are much too peaceful today to attack, we'll simply win by controlling you!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:06 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
I see you are a Trini (I have lots of Trini friends when I am in Canada). What de hell is going on!!! You have to be from the Caribe to think Armada. We are much too peaceful today to attack, we'll simply win by controlling you!!!

Lol, we are rather animated bunch, us Trinis. But yes, the Armada is gone, sunk to the bottom of the proverbial ocean. Now it's all about La Furia Roja or is it just La Selecciones now?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Doc wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:

Lol, we are rather animated bunch, us Trinis. But yes, the Armada is gone, sunk to the bottom of the proverbial ocean. Now it's all about La Furia Roja or is it just La Selecciones now?

Either will do. La Furia Roja seems to be used alot by media for big events (WC & Euro). Most times we just use Selecciones.

There have been a few last minute changes to tonight's line-up. They are playing Silva in place of Xabi (mf is Silva, Busquets and Iniesta) and Capdevila in place of Arbeloa and Ramos at CB in place of Albiol. .. so Ramos is only Madrid starting. This is a totally different starting line-up from Saturday's game except for Villa, Busquets and Ramos (at a different position). I expect it will be a lot like last game with many changes in 2nd half.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:17 pm

I expect a similar scoreline as well. What's the word in Spain about Raul just making at least one more CAP Bill?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Doc wrote:I expect a similar scoreline as well. What's the word in Spain about Raul just making at least one more CAP Bill?

No way. I would like to see it, but his time has past. Despite his good year, he wouldn't beat out Villa, Llorente nor Negredo. He possibly could be better than El niño at this point, but now that Spain always plays 4-3-3, he also has to contend with the likes of Pedro, Silva, Navas, Mata etc etc.

I'm disappointed the way he went out. He should have been on the last Euro team (ahead of Guiza and Sergio Garcia), but Aragones felt he wouldn't be happy on bench. (What a mistake). But by last WC, there was no more room for him.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:58 pm

villa scored .
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:50 pm

They started with same line-up I originally posted. 3-0 at half. Villa and Xabi on free kicks and Pedro. Changes at half Manu for Villa and Cazorla and Silva for Xabi and Iniesta. Looks like USA game,they have let up in second half. El niño and Capdevila warming up (likely for llorente and Arbeloa)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alex mahone Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:53 pm

xabi scored too, more unusual thing that happened today Razz
alex mahone
alex mahone
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:57 pm

alex mahone wrote:xabi scored too, more unusual thing that happened today Razz

What part of Villa and Xabi scored on free kicks is different than your statement. Is it my poor english?

Xabi scores on free kicks is not unusual, it's just that at Real he only gets to take really long ones since CR7 has all within scoring range.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alex mahone Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
alex mahone wrote:xabi scored too, more unusual thing that happened today Razz

What part of Villa and Xabi scored on free kicks is different than your statement. Is it my poor english?

Xabi scores on free kicks is not unusual, it's just that at Real he only gets to take really long ones since CR7 has all within scoring range.

ahh, i think i missed some point in your post, my bad Crying or Very sad
what i mean unusual is actually the scoring part, i know xabi capable of scoring from free kick but we rarely if not never see that due to CR7 Razz
alex mahone
alex mahone
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Game over 3-0. They really let up in second half. casillas played final minute.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:31 am

futbol_bill wrote:
No way. I would like to see it, but his time has past. Despite his good year, he wouldn't beat out Villa, Llorente nor Negredo. He possibly could be better than El niño at this point, but now that Spain always plays 4-3-3, he also has to contend with the likes of Pedro, Silva, Navas, Mata etc etc.

I'm disappointed the way he went out. He should have been on the last Euro team (ahead of Guiza and Sergio Garcia), but Aragones felt he wouldn't be happy on bench. (What a mistake). But by last WC, there was no more room for him.

Normal match from Spain today. Whilst I understand that Raul really can't get into that squad for anything, I still wish the give the great man a proper sending off. I know, particularly on this forum, that posters tend to underrate his contributions towards the national team in relation to what Spain has won (nothing) but the man did give Spain his best. I don't know, maybe because I'm a Raulista at heart, my views are skewered with bias undertones but I really would like him to don the Spain shirt one last time. A little 5 minutes just to say "Thanks".

So to speak...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down