What is your expectation of Arsenal this season?

+14
Wilson37
REWB
SamuelJayC
The Verminator
OLpower
usman111
EL Patron
Sushi Master
jayp
TalkingReckless
djoe26
Sri
Jay29
Raptorgunner
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

which one we have the best chance

What is your expectation of Arsenal this season? Vote_lcap53%What is your expectation of Arsenal this season? Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 10 ]
What is your expectation of Arsenal this season? Vote_lcap21%What is your expectation of Arsenal this season? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
What is your expectation of Arsenal this season? Vote_lcap26%What is your expectation of Arsenal this season? Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 19

What is your expectation of Arsenal this season? Empty What is your expectation of Arsenal this season?

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:39 pm

The season will start in a week, I cant wait for a first game. I know we are not done singing players yet, but lets be realistic, If Alex Chamberlain, is the player Wenger was talking about signing this week, I will just give up on Wenger. Signing a young kid should not even be consider a signing.

We are in a tough position where we cant make mistakes this season, so many injuries and players wanting to leave, its time for Wenger to stop gambling and bring in players. We need few quality players to compete for major trophy, and the looks of it we will come short on that list.

We have 2 want away players at Arsenal, and that makes things hard, if they were committed to Arsenal then things would be different.

My expectation is to finish top 4 and qualify for the CL.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

What is your expectation of Arsenal this season? Empty Re: What is your expectation of Arsenal this season?

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:49 pm

The way I see it, this is virtually the same squad that challenged for the title for a good deal of the season. It seems though that people have actually forgetten about this and seem to think the squad isn't good enough.

Let's put things into perspective. United is the only team that actually has a complete squad. Chelsea still need another attacking player and we don't know how well Villas-Boas will do. City lack creativity. Liverpool have spent heavily but it's unknown how well their new signings will do. Spurs are the same as last year.

Do I see us dropping out the top four? No, I don't. This team, when on form and confident, can compete for the title. We won't win the title next year, but we'll be competitive as always.

I fully expect us to finsih in the top four next season. I think United will win the title again, and I think we'll end up either 2nd, 3rd or 4th - the latter two more likely.

And honestly, I'd be content with that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

What is your expectation of Arsenal this season? Empty Re: What is your expectation of Arsenal this season?

Post by Sri Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:50 pm

I appreciate your patience Jay. Wish there were more like you in this regard.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:54 pm

I too agree with Jay, we do have the quality to stay at top 4 or maybe we could win FA Cup. All we need is another defender and then we are all good to go.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Either one of the Carling Cup or Fa Cup and top 4 four finishes i what i expect from arsenal......

don't expect much in Cl....as long as we stay competitive like we have been for years now
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jayp Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Top four - 3rd or 4th
Carling or FA Cup Winners
CL Round of 16 - If we don't qualify for the CL God forbid I see us reaching very far in the Uefa Cup possibly winning it...

A top four finish and the Uefa Cup would be ok with me actually...
jayp
jayp
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Peezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:20 pm

CL qualification, maybe FA cup or Carling Cup. Quarterfinals CL.

We could win either the CL or the Premier, but I see no ambition.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:21 pm

for some reason i wouldn't mind arsenal coming third in group stages or losing to udienese so we can play in El and easily win that
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:25 pm

imalegend wrote:for some reason i wouldn't mind arsenal coming third in group stages or losing to udienese so we can play in El and easily win that

Mate you really think we'll win PL if we didn't have CL commitment?? I'm not so sure of it.. However, its blasphemy for our board! Think of all the revenue we'd lose by not progressing in the CL! No way PL title would compensate for it! Bird in hand >>>> 2 in the bush. (I know I am exaggerating, just pissed, a LOT).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:28 pm

No one in their right mind would willingly pass up Champions League football. Even if you can't win the tournament, you get £17,000,000 for merely qualifying for the group stages.

Sure, we could win the Europa League but there's no glory or financial benefit from doing so.

Playing in Europe is pretty much a money-making exercise for about 90% of the teams involved, anyway. And we're one of them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Finish in the top four and grab a cup
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:29 pm

imalegend wrote:for some reason i wouldn't mind arsenal coming third in group stages or losing to udienese so we can play in El and easily win that

you know how embarrassed we would be if we get knocked out by them. I rather take our chance in CL then wining EL.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:58 pm

i see arsenal reaching semi finals of champions league Very Happy
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Arsenal should target the EPL title.

The squad is still strong (less if they lose both Nasri and Fabregas) and the title has to be the goal every year for a "big4" team like Arsenal.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm not afraid of our defensive fragility right now. I was just thinking, we have virtually the same defence as last season (bar clichy) and we had a good run of not conceding a goal for i dunno how many games. In addition we were very good at not conceding from open play. THis season we have been conceding from open play but i feel that is something that can be easily corrected seeing as last season we did it so well. And plus this season we seem to be much better at not conceding from corners+crosses!
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Europa League and top 4 is good enough for some people here?

It's IMPERATIVE the club qualifies for the Champions League again against Udinese. I fear the reaction from the crowd should, god forbid, we go out.

We have always qualified for the champions league under Wenger every single season, and Im confident we will qualify again.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by jayp Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Europa League and top 4 is good enough for some people here?

It's IMPERATIVE the club qualifies for the Champions League again against Udinese. I fear the reaction from the crowd should, god forbid, we go out.

We have always qualified for the champions league under Wenger every single season, and Im confident we will qualify again.

I don't think it's good enough for most of us, although I have stated the same for me it isn't, it is the expectations that have dropped dramatically based on the activities and potential activities of the summer.

If Squillaci has to play in any games other than maybe the Carling Cup then my expectations will not be changing much...
jayp
jayp
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Peezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:30 pm

i expect arsenal to win the league next season, if wenger signs a cb we will win the league. period. man united were lucky last season, city can imploded any moment. Liverpool have brought decent but not title winning players and chelsea are old. its there for the taking, only thing we miss is a defender even if cecs and nasri goes. simples. Mad i hate the negativity towards arsenal. f anyone saying we will be out the top for, and f anyone talking about Europe cup like we are some second rate club...we are arsenal man, not spurs
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:i expect arsenal to win the league next season, if wenger signs a cb we will win the league. period. man united were lucky last season, city can imploded any moment. Liverpool have brought decent but not title winning players and chelsea are old. its there for the taking, only thing we miss is a defender even if cecs and nasri goes. simples. Mad i hate the negativity towards arsenal. f anyone saying we will be out the top for, and f anyone talking about Europe cup like we are some second rate club...we are arsenal man, not spurs

Well said.

I posted an article from a paper (can't remember which one) that said the same thing, basically. As much as Arsenal might have problems, people are ignoring that the rest of the top four aren't perfect either.

United have a young keeper liable to make mistakes. City have a squad full of egos and a manager who doesn't know the meaning of the word "attack". Chelsea have out of form strikers and lack creativity. Liverpool have signed some decent players but no more. Spurs are the same.

This side just needs to get its confidence and belief back and a good start to the season will acheive this. Good results against Newcaslte, Liverpool and United plus qualifying for the Champions League will see the belief come flooding back.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 pm

I find it sad we have a great squad and can easily challenge the league, but years of disappointments have formed a conformist mentality in our fans Sad

I know the past few years we've been economically crippled, but I doubt that's the case anymore.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I find it sad we have a great squad and can easily challenge the league, but years of disappointments have formed a conformist mentality in our fans Sad

agree.. Even last year we were so close..(the table doesnt show that) but you know it..
So you are doing no injustice by saying that u expect to win the league...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:01 pm

I dont see how strong other teams are.. We have always managed to stay at the top with a chance until the last 2 months in all these seasons...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mizG4Lyf Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:53 pm

The least for me wud be a top 4 finish. But as iv always believed, every trophy is within Arsenal's reach. Just hope we r not plagued by injuries.

mizG4Lyf
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Win the league and/or a cup, we have a good enough squad and we are addressing problems this season it seems unlike the previous 6 years where when one problem has been resolved another one has been created. Maybe you could say LB is a new problem but Gibbs/Traore could prove to be better players than Clichy.

Plus I think we'll see a more direct Arsenal this season and resort to our old Invincible tactics with counter-attacking football rather than the tippy-tappy we normally play, yes we will stay play like that but I think we'll see a lot more goals from counter-attacks.

One new defender could help shore our defence as well and freeze out Squillaci from playing possibly.
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:43 pm

We do have the squad to win title but we lack winning mentality.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next