Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 4 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg

+40
♠Ace
bebop_23
chad4401
Lord Hades
Jack Daniels
DV7
xabi
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
ijomer
I-no
shaven
Mamad
hrealmadrid
Kuru
Zees
guest7
Chad
EarlyPrototype
Omniscient
Onyx
Ganso
futbol_bill
H.A.
Babun
Mr Nick09
VanDeezNuts
alex mahone
S32TABLANCA
Giovanni10
buddytaller
Pedram
the xcx
FalcaoPunch
The Madrid One
Doc
FennecFox7
ÖMARz
Zealous
halamadrid2
44 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 4 Empty Re: Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg

Post by buddytaller Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:21 pm

I really enjoyed our 4 games against Barcelona, call it what ever u want, but I don't find losing 6-2 and 5-0 exciting at all. Alonso failed because he cannot dribble his way out when pressed, he works best when given a lot of space just like Xavi.

The difference between the two is that Xavi is capable of doing the tactical dribble to get out of trouble when pressed. When all fails, he can always tumble on the slightest of contacts and win a freekick for his team.

buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 4 Empty Re: Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:23 pm

alonso is also very slow, and since our team doesnt press as much as barca, we are always very suspect vs fast attacker. it hasnt only happened vs barca but many many more teams as welll
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:11 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:best player in last clasicos was hands down dimaria, not only did he keep alves quite but whenever he run towards him, he almost ALWAYS was able to beat him, it was then when he faced puyol in the bow that he started shooting from acute angles

now with no alves(according to barca fans) and no puyol, dimaria will make that wing his own

a midfield with coentrao is better than that of pepe, pepe might have shown us that he can hadle barcas midfield on his own, but coentrao di exactly that AND he attacked when we had the ball as well, coming back to his original position to stop any balls from going through, it was great, now if he could do that in the super cup, ill be extrinsic, b/c then we can pair up pepe with varane in the heart of the defence

and to you(cant remember who it was sorry), who said that thiago will do a better job than xavi in the clasico, lol thiago will attack and forget that he has to press our players like a fly so that wll be one body less when we attack, he has never played against a big team either, i dont think pep will take any risks with that tbh

with no puyol in their defence busq/or march are gonna have to play there, which means a makeshift midfield, another plus to us

alexis sanchez and messi havent played yet and argentinas friendly was called off, so i dont know if messi will start and sanchez i dont even think will come off the bench, has he even started training with them???

we have to remember that villa and pedro are still not delivering so they are in the same state they were in at the end of the last season, ill give the benefit of the doubt b/c they havent played a full strength line-up yet

anyhow i think we will take this one, and then celebrate in their own stadium

I agree I think Di Maria is pure class against Barca. Nobody works harder
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:51 pm

pure class? no
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:19 pm

What you don't realize guys is simple. We can't attack properly without Ozil, with structure. If you want us to sit back for 90 minutes and hope that a counter goes through then indeed Di Maria better start over Ozil Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:22 pm

babun1024 wrote:What you don't guy is simple. We can't attack properly without Ozil, with structure. If you want us to sit back for 90 minutes and hope that a counter goes through then indeed Di Maria better start over Ozil Very Happy
if we do that we have not advanced as a team.

i expect us this season to from a firm 11 against barca and take it to them, not sitback and counter, try to absorb them..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:29 pm

babun1024 wrote:What you don't realize guy is simple. We can't attack properly without Ozil, with structure. If you want us to sit back for 90 minutes and hope that a counter goes through then indeed Di Maria better start over Ozil Very Happy

Sack alonso or Coentrao, not di maria ffs.

its funny people take these over di maria when di maria performed miles better (over alonso, coentrao is unknown)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Any news on Messi?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:45 pm

omarish wrote:
babun1024 wrote:What you don't realize guy is simple. We can't attack properly without Ozil, with structure. If you want us to sit back for 90 minutes and hope that a counter goes through then indeed Di Maria better start over Ozil Very Happy

Sack alonso or Coentrao, not di maria ffs.

its funny people take these over di maria when di maria performed miles better (over alonso, coentrao is unknown)
We can't , you can't play Granero or someone else in the 3 mid role. Di Maria is really bad deeper in midfield because of his suspect short range passing... Sahin is injured, so you have to play someone with the stamina of a midfielder and better positioning than other attackers-> Coentrao. Double pivot with Alonso is suicide against Farca, Alonso isn't mobile enough Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:48 pm

it's just to improve the depth and quality in that midfield of 3 that i mentioned Addind one more CF, since players like Kaka are not able to play deeper and contribute effectively. if we put a defender there, we limit ourselves; smae with an attacking player.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:53 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:it's just to improve the depth and quality in that midfield of 3 that i mentioned Addind one more CF, since players like Kaka are not able to play deeper and contribute effectively. if we put a defender there, we limit ourselves; smae with an attacking player.
We can get the job done if Benz plays like a midfielder, AM Very Happy The other guys have to be ruthless in front of the goal though Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:00 pm

We cant ask Benzema to do everything, he cant play AM and CF at the same time, all alone. Besides, remember how quickly Barcelona close down space.

Benzema is turning into a great CF, he likes to drop deep at times and has undeniable quality for passing. That's enough, let's not ask him to play as a false 9 like messi, it wont be very effective.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Mourinho used Ozil in the first clasico and played a high defensive line in an attempt to press Barcelona when not Real was not in possession, the result was disastrous. I'd rather prefer Ozil coming on when the Barcelona players are tired and are not pressing half as hard.

It takes time to improve, right now Barcelona are the better team, even though I hate to admit it, but we still need to win one way or the other, I'd rather we all have faith in Mourinho, if we can't win his way, I doubt we can win any other way.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Why not play our usual formation, take the opportunity that they are a bit weak right now, and use our football on them, not the other way round? Like that, both Di Maria and Ozil can start, but the double pivot with Alonso is very fragile there. Maybe

--------------Iker
-Arbeloa-Pepe-Varane-Marcelo
--------------Xabi
------Khedira-----Coentrao
-Ozil-------------------Ronaldo
--------------Benz

But Marcelo, Coetrao and Ronaldo all on one side is a bit disconcerting. Maybe they can pull of some kind of super overlapping thing where one stays back and the other attacks, with Ronaldo acting like a winger and and attacking? That would require insane chemistry though, not something you pull off in one game.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:05 pm

we are having troubles handling barcelona because our center area midfield isnt good enough. Improve that zone and you improve the team as a whole.

we did a good job going after versatile players already, people that can assume a defensive role while being effective when attacking; good ball players overall.

The next step is that area. We dont need players to be as good as Xavi or Iniesta to go toe to toe with them, but players with the "abilities" to play in that area. Competitiveness and grit will do the rest.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Saetablanca wrote:Why not play our usual formation, take the opportunity that they are a bit weak right now, and use our football on them, not the other way round? Like that, both Di Maria and Ozil can start, but the double pivot with Alonso is very fragile there. Maybe

--------------Iker
-Arbeloa-Pepe-Varane-Marcelo
--------------Xabi
------Khedira-----Coentrao
-Ozil-------------------Ronaldo
--------------Benz

But Marcelo, Coetrao and Ronaldo all on one side is a bit disconcerting. Maybe they can pull of some kind of super overlapping thing where one stays back and the other attacks, with Ronaldo acting like a winger and and attacking? That would require insane chemistry though, not something you pull off in one game.
That was my initial idea, given the injury situation and form Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:44 pm

I have a feeling it's gonna be another "struggle" again...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Doc wrote:I have a feeling it's gonna be another "struggle" again...

Without Xavi, i'm a lot more hopeful in the first leg. If they sign Cesc and Xavi returns, we're dead anyhow imo. A midfield of Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets with backups of Cesc, Thiago and Mascherano is unbeatable almost. We would need Sahin to become a star to compete with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:48 pm

ya lets expect the worst. i say we lose.. :coffee:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Maybe I should stop reading this thread, I'm actually caring about this match and getting worried...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:49 pm

OT: Messi and Alves chilling out Very Happy Extra Motivation for the Super Copa

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 4 70

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 4 60

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 4 6

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 4 25
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Doc wrote:Maybe I should stop reading this thread, I'm actually caring about this match and getting worried...
they have the best squad and philospohy in history. even if u beat them it woould be only an off day for them.

its over.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:51 pm

That's a lollipop for anyone thinking otherwise...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:52 pm

wtf messi banging hot chicks

what has happened... whos the girl btw? Very Happy
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:52 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
Doc wrote:Maybe I should stop reading this thread, I'm actually caring about this match and getting worried...
they have the best squad and philospohy in history. even if u beat them it woould be only an off day for them.

its over.

Either sarcasm or cynicism but nice nonetheless. I never said we would lose, just feel we might "struggle"...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Doc wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

its over.

Either sarcasm or cynicism but nice nonetheless. I never said we would lose, just feel we might "struggle"...
im saying that barcelona will be the champions of football FOREVERR Sad

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 4 1233009630_38e882e

we have no chance
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next