Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg

+40
♠Ace
bebop_23
chad4401
Lord Hades
Jack Daniels
DV7
xabi
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
ijomer
I-no
shaven
Mamad
hrealmadrid
Kuru
Zees
guest7
Chad
EarlyPrototype
Omniscient
Onyx
Ganso
futbol_bill
H.A.
Babun
Mr Nick09
VanDeezNuts
alex mahone
S32TABLANCA
Giovanni10
buddytaller
Pedram
the xcx
FalcaoPunch
The Madrid One
Doc
FennecFox7
ÖMARz
Zealous
halamadrid2
44 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg Empty Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Merely One week left to the first showdown.....Get it off your chests buddies

lets talk tactics and formation in this thread

as our preseason now have concluded we can safely take some predicition with the starting eleven based on the previous games and how Mou has decided to play, tactics wise etc

ill start with the current only injury:

At the moment sergio ramos doesnt look as if he will make even the 2nd leg as he will be out for 10 days which means he will be back on the 17th which is when the 2nd leg will be played, so we can safely eliminate him from any kind of discussion

Granero got injured while training in china, but was back in action vs tianjin teda so should be available from selection for sundays meeting

Sahin however hasnt played a single game with the team since he recovered from an injury to his left knee he sustained in his first training for us

International duties:

Ozil and Khedira have been given rest by löwe so we dont need to worry about them getting injured while for the NT...ace

Argenitina have cancelled their match so DiMaria and Higgy will be given enough rest hopefully

As we all know Marcelo hasnt been selected( which is just better for us) so he is safe, but the rest have all been called up unfortunately

barring any injuries on wednesday or in training during the week, this is the squad i am 100% will be selected:

Goalies: Iker and Adan(maybe mejias as well)

Defenders: Marcelo, Alvaro Arbeloa, Albitrolol, Pepe, Carvalho, Varane, Nacho

Midfielders: Coentrao, Granero, Xabi, Callejon, DiMaria, Khedira, Ozil, Sahin and Kaka

Strikers: Ronaldo, Benzema, Higgy and Jese

this is the formation i think we will start with:

lets all be a bit realistic when choosing formations shall we, like fo example sahin wont start even if Mou's life depended on it so no need to put him in there just for the sake of it

----------------Iker------------------
Robcop--Pepe---Varane---Marcelo
Khedira-------Alonso------Coentrao
CR7---------Benzema-----DiMagia

seems plausible to me, by that dimagia will be allowed to attack and coentrao will be tracking alvez's runs instead, they will make meat out of that side...

on barcas side, the only injury(ies) i know of is that of Puyols and afellay all others have already recovered. Sanchez has just joined the teams training same for Messi due to their Copa Ameirca involvement, however alves is still in brazil and should be back on thursday. Lol way to go letting them join the team when there is no games left to play to increase their match fittness before the game, but whatever works for them i guess

i think barca starts with this formation:

---------------------Valdez-----------------------
Alvez---Pique--March/Abidal----Abidal/Adriano
Xavi----------------Busquets-------------Iniesta
Pedro---------------Messi--------------Villa

i think its safe to say that villa will flop this game, he hasnt looked so good in preseason despite his two goals, messi has no game practise, xavi and iniesta have hardly played together and puyol being injured for a long period, who do you think we should be most scared of.

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg Empty Re: Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:33 pm

I just don't like a lineup without Ozil. Di Maria and Coentrao cannot facilitate the transition from defense to offense as they don't have midfielder's instinct or passing ability. Khedira and Alonso are the only links. I don't think that will work at all... way too conservative for a game in Madrid and a Barca without Puyol. Need to be more aggressive in this one.

Back to top Go down

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg Empty Re: Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:46 pm

Ozil will start for sure. Either Coentrao or Di Maria will bite the bullet.

Anyway Let's slay these clowns.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Zealous wrote:Ozil will start for sure. Either Coentrao or Di Maria will bite the bullet.

Coentrao wont get the start and im very sure of it. Di maria is proven in classicos whereas we still havent seen coentrao perform at his best. I honestly dont think mourinho will play ozil from the very beginning unless hes aiming to attack first. Ozil will lose stamina and we'll lose an attacking outlet. Id expect to see ozil brought on later in the game as mou likes to hit barca when they're starting to lose pace. Anyway, Guess we have to wait and see what the special one will do this time round.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Let's go madrid. Beat the evilness!
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:02 pm

ÖMARz wrote:
Zealous wrote:Ozil will start for sure. Either Coentrao or Di Maria will bite the bullet.

Coentrao wont get the start and im very sure of it. Di maria is proven in classicos whereas we still havent seen coentrao perform at his best. I honestly dont think mourinho will play ozil from the very beginning unless hes aiming to attack first. Ozil will lose stamina and we'll lose an attacking outlet. Id expect to see ozil brought on later in the game as mou likes to hit barca when they're starting to lose pace. Anyway, Guess we have to wait and see what the special one will do this time round.

Under normal circumstances I would agree but considering pre-season form/readiness it makes sense that the players who got the most minutes in addition to good performances will play.

Coentrao has got massive minutes so I doubt he'd just be dropped. Di maria just got back so him as a super sub with perhaps Higuain seems the likely scenario. Ozil will start I'm almost 100% sure. (Unless there's a last minute change of plan)

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Barcelona would be up for the challenge as always and probably show why they are an awesome team but I think they still lacking some serious match fitness and this is where Real Madrid have some sort of edge on them.

Personally, I could give a rat's ass how the result turns out. Once the team plays credible enough to show they mean business, then I could sleep pretty nicely.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:12 pm

a word of advice to madridistas when u go into these games go in thining that we will lose and how we will lose, that way if we do lose we wont get as butthurt as when we get raped.

or just be realistic
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Doc wrote:

Personally, I could give a rat's ass how the result turns out. Once the team plays credible enough to show they mean business, then I could sleep pretty nicely.
i was going to say the same thing.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:14 pm

win or lose, couldnt care because either way is a step forward imo
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:20 pm

First Leg: 4-2-3-1

Casillas
Arbeloa - Pepe - Varane - Marcelo
Khedira - Xabi
Di Maria - Ozil - Ronaldo
Benzema

Second Leg: 4-3-3 (Counter Attacking style)

Casillas
Arbeloa - Pepe - Carvalho - Marcelo
Khedira - Xabi - Conterao
Ozil - Ronaldo - Di Maria
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:25 pm

i dont think mou will take the risk of putting dimaria to the bench, we have to remember, away goals is our only downfall

he is using dimaria defensively
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:25 pm

ColoJunior wrote:
Doc wrote:

i was going to say the same thing.

Seriously, I have never cared about the Super Cup at all and have no plans to now. In fact, I tend to miss it since it tends to play on a Saturday and I always have something to do on a Saturday. Hope Real Madrid impress a lot but the result is of little value to me really...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm

its on sunday this time round
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:35 pm

The supercups all around are becoming more and more important. All you had to do was watch Milan-Inter and Man U-Man City... of course, the fact that they're rivalry games and you get to celebrate with a trophy makes it much, much sweeter than you average game.

I don't put it on par with the CDR, La Liga or CL obviously... but it's right after them now.

Serious game. Not preseason... truly a game.

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:The supercups all around are becoming more and more important. All you had to do was watch Milan-Inter and Man U-Man City... of course, the fact that they're rivalry games and you get to celebrate with a trophy makes it much, much sweeter than you average game.

I don't put it on par with the CDR, La Liga or CL obviously... but it's right after them now.

This.

BTW, Have u guys considered that if we do happen to bring home the trophy...

Wouldnt it be such a nice thing to brag about because wed celebrate in barcas stadium, infront of their fans?

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:43 pm

are there any unexpected strategies that mou might try to pull off?

line in first leg of cl which ultimatley failed because of alves?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:45 pm

The Madrid One wrote:are there any unexpected strategies that mou might try to pull off?

line in first leg of cl which ultimatley failed because of alves?

Give coentrao a free role of pestering alves + xavi whilst contributing to attack and defense.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:45 pm

ÖMARz wrote:
sportsczy wrote:The supercups all around are becoming more and more important. All you had to do was watch Milan-Inter and Man U-Man City... of course, the fact that they're rivalry games and you get to celebrate with a trophy makes it much, much sweeter than you average game.

This.

BTW, Have u guys considered that if we do happen to bring home the trophy...

Wouldnt it be such a nice thing to brag about because wed celebrate in barcas stadium, infront of their fans?

they will have the sprinkle guys on stand-by i guess lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:50 pm

The key is to win the game in Madrid, preferably without conceding, to put the pressure on Barca. That doesn't mean we should play a 4-2-3-1... because if we do that, our forwards might as well bring lawn chairs and some drinks as they'll never see the ball. It does mean that you do not put Pepe in the middle (Coentrao instead) and you allow Ozil to create. Di Maria can be the super sub.

If we win at Madrid, then we can field our destroyer team to start in the second leg. If this happens, i'd actually put Pepe-Khedira-Xabi-Coentrao in the mid and CR7 and Di Maria up front. Complete brick wall tactics to start.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:51 pm

thats what he thought mou would do at cl but he didnt, always expect the unexpected
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Mou's strategy against Barca has been to put in a destroyer team to start and then sub in offensive players as Barca tires and the pressing goes down... it will probably happen again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Looks like Xavi got hurt in training today and will miss Spain's friendly... was sent home and is uncertain for the first leg. Now this would be huge. He's very, very important to that midfield.

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Ozil will only start in midfield if Pepe is around, and Alonso is dropped.

Khedira - Pepe
Ozil

Other wise it will be the three Khedira, Pepe and Alonso in midfield.

Di Maria was probably the best player in the two friendlies he played in, he has the best work rate of all our forwards,he is a definite starter against Barcelona in Mourinho's books. Ronaldo will take one other slot in attack leaving the remaining for Ozil, Benzema and Coentrao.
Could easily be
Di Maria -Ronaldo - Coentroa
, or
Di Maria - Benzema - Ronaldo
or
Ozil - Ronaldo - Di Maria

Best Formation in my opinion with Ramos injured

Casillas
Arbeloa - Varane - Carvalho - Marcelo
Khedira - Pepe
Ozil

Probable Formation
Casillas
Arbeloa - Varane/Pepe - Carvalho - Marcelo
Khedira - Pepe/Coentrao - Alonso
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:19 pm

you really think he is injured, i think they just said that because they dont ant him to play in that meaningless friendly
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next