Enrique: 'I'm not Harry Potter!'

3 posters

Go down

Enrique: 'I'm not Harry Potter!' Empty Enrique: 'I'm not Harry Potter!'

Post by ErPupone Tue 2 Aug - 21:28:48

Tuesday 2 August, 2011
Enrique: 'I'm not Harry Potter!'

Roma Coach Luis Enrique has warned he still needs more players and even then success is not guaranteed. “I’m not Harry Potter!”

The Giallorossi have brought in talents like Erik Lamela and Maarten Stekelenburg, but refused to answer a question on what they could achieve this season.

“I don’t have a crystal ball and I’m not Harry Potter! We are still missing some players and those who don’t identify with the project would do better to leave,” he said during a Press conference.

Several already have, as Mirko Vucinic completed his transfer to Juventus, while Philippe Mexes joined Milan and Jeremy Menez is at Paris Saint-Germain.

“I am optimistic based on what I have seen in training. I really like the attitude of the players.

“We’re working to create a new squad and I can’t say how many players are still missing. We do need a few, but I don’t want to give clues here as to our reinforcements. I’ll speak about it privately with director Walter Sabatini.

“I don’t think we are changing too much this summer. I was accustomed to continually changing at Barcelona B.”

Daniele De Rossi has been linked with a move away, as his contract expires in June 2012.

“De Rossi is a midfield maestro and can play in any area of the midfield. He is a reference point and I asked the club to keep him,” continued Enrique.

“I also know he wants to stay here. I’m sure a renewal will happen, although I couldn’t say when.”

Roma could field Bojan Krkic and Gabriel Heinze for the first time in tomorrow’s friendly against Vasas in Budapest.

“We’ll see, they could play. The important thing is that they are settling into the group. Winning or losing in a friendly is irrelevant.”

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Enrique: 'I'm not Harry Potter!' Empty Re: Enrique: 'I'm not Harry Potter!'

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu 4 Aug - 1:13:37

He's damn right we certainly need a few more players,a CB is a must and a forward as well to replace Mirko...I'm hearing that we're close to signing Lucho for 10 mill.

I hope this doesn't happen we should be aiming for somone a bit younger imo..If he wants him because of his experience well thats just not needed ,we already have it with players like Perrotta,DDR and Pizarro in the Midfield.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu 4 Aug - 17:18:40

"Who has impressed me the most? Viviani, from the primavera."

"I don’t have a crystal ball and I’m not Harry Potter!"

scratch hmmmm
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 4 Aug - 20:23:53

He can be forgiven. He's an outdoorsy type guy....probably doesn't have time to sit indoors and watch stuff like HP like the rest of us folk lol
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu 4 Aug - 21:01:44

After Enrique's compliments for Viviani arrived a goal by the young midfielder: "It means that from now on I'll name one player per day" joked Enrique after the match against Vasas.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down