InterMalia
Fadi
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
BarrileteCosmico
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Almost official: Pastore signs for PSG for 43M Euros - Page 2 Empty Re: Almost official: Pastore signs for PSG for 43M Euros

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:56 am

Fadi wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Fadi wrote:what a waste!!!..........

i thought he said he'll only leave palermo for big club!!!, too bad he chose money over his career..

PSG is a great club, not only better than Palermo, but a lot more ambitious as well, it's something that matter for young players. Palermo is more interested in farming players and selling them at high value, it doesnt help for individual growth.

He was on the market and only PSG went for him at the price asked, there is nothing wrong with what he did.

psg a great club????, they were founded in 1970!, they have no history, and how many french league titles they have won???, what about CL and european titles????, actually palermo have better history...

arab money won't take psg far and won't make them much better!!, man city are a good example........

As much as I dislike man city's methods this is a terrible example. City now compete for the premier league, won a trophy and are building a champions league squad. How is that not an improvement from the man city of old? :coffee:

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Almost official: Pastore signs for PSG for 43M Euros - Page 2 Empty Re: Almost official: Pastore signs for PSG for 43M Euros

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:58 am

RealGunner wrote:Zamparini after the deal

Razz Razz

That crazy old genius sure knows how to make a killing off of football.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:30 am

Absolutely nothing wrong with this move that I can see. PSG have always been ambitious, but have never had the means to match that ambition. Signing a player like Pastore underlines that ambition.

Couple this with the growing competitiveness of Ligue 1 since the fall of Lyon and you have a very exciting league to watch this season. I know I'll tuning in for sure, with an eye especially on PSG and Lille.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:09 am

I just became a PSG follower, kinda like Tottenham last year. I watched almost all of their games because of VdV, Modric and Bale.
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:17 am

YeS! Join the movement,

Allez Paris, Allez allez allez
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:26 am

If Pastore joins them I'll probably follow them a bit as well.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:02 am

its a bad move for us football lovers...i think PSG will be only watched in european competitions..so that is the end of Pastore in our eyes...he switched glory for money...
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:06 am

johniet wrote:its a bad move for us football lovers...i think PSG will be only watched in european competitions..so that is the end of Pastore in our eyes...he switched glory for money...
im a football lover, and i like french football, it's quality, and i'll watch PSG weekly. I'm pretty sure we have a larger audience than Palermo. And what glory did he leave behind? lol, palermo?

people just sound ridiculous with this stuff. quit whining. Pastore made a great move in his career, in a very very ambitious team, a team that wanted him, and a team willing to put the money forward.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:26 am

milanista99 wrote:Zamparini is a genius. We all used to laugh at his ridiculous hyping of Pastore and look who's laughing now. 45 million holy s**t. I won't be surprised if Illicic manages to be the most expensive player in the world in two years time...after Abel Hernandez that is.

Take a bow Zamparini, take a bow.

indeed :king:

btw i think Marvin Martin would have been the better buy.

Pastore should do really well at PSG, he will be surrounded with better players and will play against weaker competition on a regular basis. shortcut to success imo.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:29 am

Blue wrote:
indeed :king:

btw i think Marvin Martin would have been the better buy.

Pastore should do really well at PSG, he will be surrounded with better players and will play against weaker competition on a regular basis. shortcut to success imo.

I wish we had gone for him, there is still room in the squad for him Razz, he can play next to matuidi or sissoko, almost means unbelievable depth.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:58 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
johniet wrote:its a bad move for us football lovers...i think PSG will be only watched in european competitions..so that is the end of Pastore in our eyes...he switched glory for money...
im a football lover, and i like french football, it's quality, and i'll watch PSG weekly. I'm pretty sure we have a larger audience than Palermo. And what glory did he leave behind? lol, palermo?

people just sound ridiculous with this stuff. quit whining. Pastore made a great move in his career, in a very very ambitious team, a team that wanted him, and a team willing to put the money forward.

The whining is more to do with jealous a lot.If a player chooses Madrid or Barca then he is choosing lazy option to winning trophies and if someone chooses PSG or City due to ambitious projects of these clubs then he is choosing money for glory.Always a cause for whining.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:23 am

Im not whining cuz Pastore did not join Juventus, im not jealous in any way, im just saying that the average football watcher (who watches only the most important leagues) will quickly forget him...it would be another history if he had joined an important team in one of the 3 main leagues...
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:25 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

The whining is more to do with jealous a lot.If a player chooses Madrid or Barca then he is choosing lazy option to winning trophies and if someone chooses PSG or City due to ambitious projects of these clubs then he is choosing money for glory.Always a cause for whining.

what is the huge project of PSG?..dominate the french ligue??? Man city are really different, Man city has competition and is looking for european prestige...
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 am

@johniet

why would an average football fan forget him if he is doing great for PSG in CL?

He cant wait for years for an important team come so that he can join them.Its not his fault that those teams dont have the money to buy him and its not like he turned Milan or Juve down for PSG.

Its ridiculous to say he switched glory for money.How do one know PSG cant win trophies including CL in the future with their wealth?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 am

johniet wrote:Im not whining cuz Pastore did not join Juventus, im not jealous in any way, im just saying that the average football watcher (who watches only the most important leagues) will quickly forget him...it would be another history if he had joined an important team in one of the 3 main leagues...

was the average football fan watching palermo before?

I dont get this disrespect the french league is getting, there is a great amount of people watching la ligue 1, including many many average football fans. PSG is a bigger side than palermo is now in france, and have a very expanded fan base across the world, lots of people that will keep watching him, lol.

maybe if you only watch 3 leagues, you wont care much for him, but thankfully, it doesnt apply to all people.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:33 am

PSG isn't going to get much competition in the French League if they keep spending, so they'll just a big fish in a small pond. Players like Pastore will easily be successful in it with no competition. Also I can't see PSG doing well in the CL (if they ever qualify) because the league gears you up for the immense competition teams face with top teams around Europe, but the French League isn't that competitive in terms of other leagues...

Also I'm not sure how to rate Pastore anymore because he certainly can't be compared to players in other top teams where the league is tough and competition is immense...

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:35 am

johniet wrote:

what is the huge project of PSG?..dominate the french ligue??? Man city are really different, Man city has competition and is looking for european prestige...

Yes, dominate the ligue 1, it's a big deal, it's a league that is getting better and better, a whole set of new stadiums are going to get built in the coming years. They have four very competitive sides now, including two that usually do very well in europe. Nothing to laugh about, it's a very good football league
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:35 am

when i talk about Glory...is reaching sucess facing the best and most competitive teams...in France there is only Lyon and maybe Lille...he choosed the easy road...now the 43m paid for him will tie him for valuable years to PSG when he could have chosen better.
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:37 am

english_jewel wrote:PSG isn't going to get much competition in the French League if they keep spending, so they'll just a big fish in a small pond. Players like Pastore will easily be successful in it with no competition. Also I can't see PSG doing well in the CL (if they ever qualify) because the league gears you up for the immense competition teams face with top teams around Europe, but the French League isn't that competitive in terms of other leagues...

Also I'm not sure how to rate Pastore anymore because he certainly can't be compared to players in other top teams where the league is tough and competition is immense...

Right now, PSG has to get over Marseille, Lille and Lyon.

When PSG becomes too big for Ligue 1, we will have this argument, until then, it's just ill thought. They are going to have to sustain their new style over the long term first, without overspending, which they barely did this summer.

Competition in france is pretty nasty as well, and the good results the ligue 1 teams are showing in CL prove there is quality.

Hazard is the best player in france atm, and no one underrates him. If Pastore does well, and dominate the league, he should get rated accordingly.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:39 am

johniet wrote:Im not whining cuz Pastore did not join Juventus, im not jealous in any way, im just saying that the average football watcher (who watches only the most important leagues) will quickly forget him...it would be another history if he had joined an important team in one of the 3 main leagues...

Hey man, nice avatar. I agree, he would have had more of a chance to build a name for himself in another league than the French one. I saw maybe 3 or 4 Ligue 1 games last season; not because I don't like the league, but because I'm more interested in following a few other leagues. And I'm sure there are more people like me, who simple prefer spending their "football time" on other leagues than Ligue 1.

BeautifulGame wrote:
why would an average football fan forget him if he is doing great for PSG in CL?

PSG are not likely to go very far in the CL, though, and if they qualify for it in the first place. I think their annual revenue is below €100m as well, so there's the question how are they going to be of good CL quality while also meeting the FFP rules - they certainly won't do it with €40m signings.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:40 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
was the average football fan watching palermo before?

The average football fan is watching Serie A more than Ligue 1, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:43 am

BeautifulGame wrote:@johniet

He cant wait for years for an important team come so that he can join them.Its not his fault that those teams dont have the money to buy him and its not like he turned Milan or Juve down for PSG.

Its ridiculous to say he switched glory for money.How do one know PSG cant win trophies including CL in the future with their wealth?

thinking about it, its not pastore´s fault its zampamerda´s fault, he put a huge price tag and ruined a career
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:46 am

Art Morte wrote:

PSG are not likely to go very far in the CL, though, and if they qualify for it in the first place. I think their annual revenue is below €100m as well, so there's the question how are they going to be of good CL quality while also meeting the FFP rules - they certainly won't do it with €40m signings.

you cant predict that. They need to qualify first, and if they keep adding quality, how do you know they wont go far? Lyon made it to the semis, Marseille won it once. They dont need to sign a 40M every summer, Pastore is more like a marquee signing for a Brand. There is a long term economc plan to help the club grow, and FFP is overtime. There is a lot of quality in france for low value, they can improve without overspending.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:46 am

Art Morte wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

We dont really know do we? If they sign few other big signings can we bet against them being a major force in CL the season after next? .How many would have believed they can attract Pastore few days before?And once a brand name is established its not hard to attract stars.

As for FTP if City get approval for their stadium deal i dont see why PSG cant get similar deals to boast their FTP.Also from what i heard and read PSG have massive potential for revenue due to their fan base but not properly exploited yet.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:48 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
english_jewel wrote:PSG isn't going to get much competition in the French League if they keep spending, so they'll just a big fish in a small pond. Players like Pastore will easily be successful in it with no competition. Also I can't see PSG doing well in the CL (if they ever qualify) because the league gears you up for the immense competition teams face with top teams around Europe, but the French League isn't that competitive in terms of other leagues...

Right now, PSG has to get over Marseille, Lille and Lyon.

When PSG becomes too big for Ligue 1, we will have this argument, until then, it's just ill thought. They are going to have to sustain their new style over the long term first, without overspending, which they barely did this summer.

Competition in france is pretty nasty as well, and the good results the ligue 1 teams are showing in CL prove there is quality.

Hazard is the best player in france atm, and no one underrates him. If Pastore does well, and dominate the league, he should get rated accordingly.

Every league has competition based on the quality of teams....but is competition of Marseille, Lille and Lyon really going to help? Whereas say competition of Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal would have actually helped him improve?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:50 am

johniet wrote:when i talk about Glory...is reaching sucess facing the best and most competitive teams...in France there is only Lyon and maybe Lille...he choosed the easy road...now the 43m paid for him will tie him for valuable years to PSG when he could have chosen better.

What makes you think competition isnt great in france either? imo, all of this is coming from you not knowing the ligue 1, and overrating the top 3 leagues too much.

in france there is lyon, lille, marseille, rennes which had a great season last year as well. It's a very physical and defensive minded league, and if you think Pastore will just get an easier time, you re mistaken lol. it's not a easy road, it's a different one with more perspectives. no other team even got their bid accepted for him.

sorry bro, you are just speaking out of ignorance.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next