BarrileteCosmico
El Gunner
Vibe
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Modric vs Xaviesta Empty Modric vs Xaviesta

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:52 pm

Some 10 years ago, Modric was a flop at Real Madrid.

Fast forward to these days, does he have a legit claim at being better than the arguably greatest midfield duo ever?
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Modric vs Xaviesta Empty Re: Modric vs Xaviesta

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:46 pm

delete
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:32 pm

Not even better than either one, let alone both together. Next.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:23 pm

Modric was never a flop, but playing for Mourinho can sometimes impede you from unlocking your full potential.

As for the question at hand, I think he has done enough already to deserve being mentioned in the same breath as Xavi and Iniesta without being mocked.

He's a true monster, I mean who can even argue? Is he better than than either one? I don't think so, but I think he's very, very close to them.

One thing for sure, him and Kroos were the only midfield duo that made the world drool after Xavi and Iniesta regressed and/or retired. And Modric is definitely up there among the best midfielders in the history of the game.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:43 am

I see Barca batty boys are hurt that our ugly little Croat reached the heights of their greatest, a feat even more impressive considering he previously played for Tottenham.

But what argument do Xaviesta have over Modric? I'm not seeing it. No one saw it coming, cause people have preconceptions in the back of their mind that once you've worn a Tottenham shirt you're probably going to be a loser forever, but Modric came through all that adversity and maybe topped the best ever.

I can only Molenation

The argument here isn't even is he better than one of them, that ship has already sailed, the question is is he better than both of them together.

Last edited by Vibe on Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:45 am

Modric actually won a Ballon D'or, although Xaviesta had to compete with prime Messl/CR for it whereas Modric had old Messl/CR Razz

Modric actually peaked quite late in his career n his longevity is amazing, hes key for Reals CL run in this era, but yea for some reason still would prefer Xavi or Iniesta when listing best midfielders...

Last edited by BarcaLearning on Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:52 am

At this age, Modric is on top of the world winning left and right, while at the same age Iniesta was getting relegated in anime league and Xavi was doing his best Pep impression with 11 Dothraki on the field ffs
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:48 am

Demon wrote:One thing for sure, him and Kroos were the only midfield duo that made the world drool after Xavi and Iniesta regressed and/or retired. And Modric is definitely up there among the best midfielders in the history of the game.
made the world what? Laughing

pls, Xaviesta dominated WORLD FOOTBALL for five years flat.

Modric is up there as one of the best midfielders of all-time but he is not touching them.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:29 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Not even better than either one, let alone both together. Next.

Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:05 pm

Modric beats both of them on longevity

Guy's won the CL 5 times, reached a WC final with a country that isn't even expected to make it that far, toyed with the supposed best two teams in the world in CL at 37 years old

Put some respek on his name ffs. Greatest Balkan player of all time for sure.

At their peaks, I would choose Iniesta over all but Modric isn't that far behind these two players
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:57 pm

Xaviesta dominating world football in an era where teams were fielding the likes of Wilshere, Aquilani, Tymoshchuk, 90 year old Carrick and toe-eating Scholes.

And opposition teams were robbed consistently more times than Barca claimed to be the better team, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan, etc it was one of the most farcical eras in football history.

My point being, the quality of players during that time was under saturated. Put Xavi in today's era and he'll be out there looking like the Spanish Ward-Prowse.

The two legs against Bayern in 2013 marked the end of that disgusting chapter in European football, every non-Barca fan rejoiced and it seemed like football karma getting battered like a segunda team.

Modric has dominated football at a higher level than Xavi, against better quality opposition, in a more athletic age and playing in a more 'inferior' style of football (whatever Cules mean by that), he's won 5 CLs (3 consecutively) and a Ballon'D'Or. Cry as Barca fans might, Modric has the better CV and is the better baller.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:59 pm

The hate against Barca is ridiculous. Deluded take
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:08 pm

Kaladin wrote:Xaviesta dominating world football in an era where teams were fielding the likes of Wilshere, Aquilani, Tymoshchuk, 90 year old Carrick and toe-eating Scholes.

And opposition teams were robbed consistently more times than Barca claimed to be the better team, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan, etc it was one of the most farcical eras in football history.

My point being, the quality of players during that time was under saturated. Put Xavi in today's era and he'll be out there looking like the Spanish Ward-Prowse.

The two legs against Bayern in 2013 marked the end of that disgusting chapter in European football, every non-Barca fan rejoiced and it seemed like football karma getting battered like a segunda team.

Modric has dominated football at a higher level than Xavi, against better quality opposition, in a more athletic age and playing in a more 'inferior' style of football (whatever Cules mean by that), he's won 5 CLs (3 consecutively) and a Ballon'D'Or. Cry as Barca fans might, Modric has the better CV and is the better baller.

Actually they didn't dominate Wilshere, it was the other way around.

Jack Proud
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:32 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Not even better than either one, let alone both together. Next.

1. Xavi
2. Modric
3. ineista
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:30 pm

This threads goes to show how biased affects ppl views Very Happy Its just the way its gonna be...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:39 pm

It just highlights how Barca fans become the moment they become challenged tbh.

Modric did incredibly well and is well in this conversation.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:45 pm

I'd like to hear Harmonica's take on this. I bet he rates Modric higher than both because that would mean CR7 got the better support for his CLs/BOs Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:08 pm

S wrote:Modric beats both of them on longevity

Guy's won the CL 5 times, reached a WC final with a country that isn't even expected to make it that far, toyed with the supposed best two teams in the world in CL at 37 years old

Put some respek on his name ffs. Greatest Balkan player of all time for sure.

At their peaks, I would choose Iniesta over all but Modric isn't that far behind these two players

Hilarious that Barca fans and closet fanboys act like it is sacrilege to even think of comparing Modric with those two. You would think people are talking about Jorginho instead of one of the greatest midfielders of all time. Bet they would have the same reaction if someone talks about Busquets vs Casemiro. Hell Rakitic>Modric was a common opinion of theirs before the World Cup happened.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:37 pm

Vibe wrote:It just highlights how Barca fans become the moment they become challenged tbh.

Modric did incredibly well and is well in this conversation.

It highlights how nonbarca fans are trying their best to discredit the 2008-2012 Barca team/midfield and how dominant it was

The hater-in-chief es will compare them to ward-prowse and get upvotes shows how nonbarca fans are haters and nothing more
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:56 pm

No one is discrediting anything.

We are just wondering has anyone topped it.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:45 pm

I just had enough of es rants which reek of frustration and obsession. It’s sad, guy is mad for the beatings we handed to Milan in 2012 and 2013 I suppose

Many years later and he still wakes up in sweats

Id say Modric should definitely be mentioned in the same orbit as Xavi and Iniesta. I don’t think Madrids midfield was ever as dominant for how much CLs they have won, though. They would never suffocate anyone to the point of hopelessnes let alone dominate per se. Modric is definitely better than most, that’s for sure
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:12 pm

Its ok Myesyats, there will always be jealous fans, whether Messi or Barca hates, etc. Razz Some tend to jump on things, its just part of it. I will always jump on anything negative on CR or Real for example Very Happy But we will still try to stay objective...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:29 pm

I like Modric, I don't wanna use the word 'hate' but I don't care for Xavi or Iniesta. It's very hard for me to say with a straight face that he is better. Especially vs Xavi. Like xavi ushered in a certain period of dominance for Spain (even though imo villa was Spain's best player), and he was also intrical in a particular brand of football being copied. Not to mention his abilities, and having to carry the clown busquets for x number of years.

Now when u look at abilities, I go with xavi on that too. Modric and Iniesta that's a debate that modric can win. I go modric over Iniesta, but I can't with a straight face say modric over xavi, no matter how much I hate him. I mean I prefer Kroos to Modric. Even kroos I won't put over xavi. Alonso deserves a shout in this cmf debate too
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:32 pm

Yeah but I mean this guys every 3rd post is a Barca hate-filled rant it’s like bordering a full on mental breakdown

It’s entertaining to a point until it becomes annoying and now it’s just sad, I feel empathy somewhat toward him
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:35 pm

Hats off to @Vibe, single handedly reviving football discussion on GoalLegacy Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next