The Demon of Carthage
Glory
Casciavit
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Darwin Núñez Empty Darwin Núñez

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:39 am

Liverpool is about to drop 100M on him. He's a 6'2, 22-year-old striker who is a beast in transition situations. It looks like he'll be Liverpool's answer to Haaland.

He had his breakout season this year with Benfica where he scored 34 goals in 41 appearances. Suarez suggested to Bartomeu in 2020 that they should sign Nunez as his back up and Barca decided against doing so. Now Klopp's got his hands on him...

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Darwin Núñez Empty Re: Darwin Núñez

Post by Glory Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:19 am

Klopp can do no wrong with attacking signings unfortunately that even mediocre players like Jota look class in their setup. This guy will be better than Haaland imo.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:04 am

He's very good with a lot of potential, definitely the best option to go after if you have already missed out on Haaland.

Looks like City-Pool PL duopoly will remain strong next season as well.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:16 am

Liverpool don't just go for players that passed the eye test i think. As I understand it they do alot of research to see whether he fits in with the way they play (algorithm and shit)
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:01 am

Saw a 3 min clip on twitter yesterday of him messing up touch after touch, it was funny but cant find it now

100m is pocket change i guess, Klopp will be untouchable anyway and shielded from criticism ?
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:20 am

Darwin averages 67% pass accuracy. I bet it won't be difficult to find clips of him messing up passes. I bet Pool only want him at the end of their billion crosses. TAA might get double digit assists regularly with Darwin in the team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:32 am

I thought Pool were poor and had no money, can't compete financially with the big clubs etc

Pool fans told me that they're still financing their transfer windows from the Coutinho investment fund

I am disappoint
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:49 am

His first touch is really poor, he needs to improve a lot
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:50 pm

S wrote:I thought Pool were poor and had no money, can't compete financially with the big clubs etc

Pool fans told me that they're still financing their transfer windows from the Coutinho investment fund

I am disappoint

Larger transfer fee than Haaland which was said to be a transfer that ruined the league. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:31 pm

S wrote:I thought Pool were poor and had no money, can't compete financially with the big clubs etc

I am disappoint

This is the narrative in every Liverpool's crevice, they'd have you think they're running a Greggs on break-even :facepalm:

Even now you can see how the media/journos/twitter/Athletic are hailing this move as 'smart', pouncing on him before their rivals.

I cannot wait for Newcastle to rise and contend with the conventional 'status quo' (whatever that means), you'll see the woe is me argument in full force Laughing

Insufferable fanbase, can't wait to see them put in their place.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:36 pm

Can't believe we might actually be getting Mané Shocked banana
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:55 pm

I am disappoint

Yeah, that never made sense to me either. Liverpool were absolutely on fire in the transfer market, the last time the club spent big for multiple players in succession. When you succeed with transfers on such a large scale, you don't need to make huge signings every following season.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:56 pm

One, this would actually be a good signing I feel. Two, I really hope this happens to see all the big brain discussions on this signing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:59 pm

Are we all going to ignore the fact that his name is Darwin?! Alright.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:16 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Can't believe we might actually be getting Mané  Shocked banana

Not until you make a decent offer!

I think there is a domino effect going on. Man U has to make an offer for DeJong sufficient for Laporte to pay for Lewandowski and I suspect you want that money to make the proper offer for Mane!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:56 pm

Bayern do not need to sell anyone to spend the 45-50 millions needed to buy Mané, let’s be real here. They are just stingy negotiators and they are gonna drag this as long as they can to get a lower fee. I think City still have PTSD of dealing with them for Sané
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:38 pm

Nishankly wrote:Nunez €80m ~ 65m pounds? Not really sure where this leaves Bobby if we actually are in for Nunez and get him against competition. Also that fee will probably be offset it with players leaving like Mane 40m, Phillips 15m, Mina 15m and Ox 20m, probably Neco also for another 10m.

Interesting window.

We have been net spend merchants, at least expect that in your posts lol but then again its GL where you create mountains out of nothing. If we spend without selling then yes, put us in the same boat as City.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:51 pm

Also £60M + if that happens £20M in add ons and £130k a week without tax, Brexit means Brexit so let's keep it consistent :coffee:

Jota was 40m over 4 years but only 4m upfront, so please we ain't your pocket change merchants how you would desperately wish us to be yet. hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:47 am

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:57 am

Some of the contract clauses that are being added in today's contracts are verging on the ridiculous. It's like the clubs have found a loophole to bet with each other.

"5M after he plays 10 matches. 10M after 60 matches."

What's next? 5M if he turns vegan and 10M if he reaches 10M followers on the gram?!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:09 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Some of the contract clauses that are being added in today's contracts are verging on the ridiculous. It's like the clubs have found a loophole to bet with each other.

"5M after he plays 10 matches. 10M after 60 matches."

What's next? 5M if he turns vegan and 10M if he reaches 10M followers on the gram?!

Those are all fair clauses. Bayern having one for Mane winning 3 Balon D Ors was downright hilarious.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:20 am

I again see dumb posts after posts about Liverpool's spending power Laughing ! No idea when people will use their brains to actually either read posts or do some research.

Liverpool are financially  in much better position than few years before. No one said Liverpool are poor but at the same time they are not pocket merchants. Liverpool are still a tier below than the likes of PSG/ManCity/even ManUtd.
1. Liverpool still work with the model "sell first to buy".
2. We can't survive in a bidding war with other big clubs. Usually we spend big when we are the first  choice for a player.
3. Liverpool still mathematically can not afford to pay their players as much as the likes of ManCity. It is a reason we have to weaken the squad first to strengthen it again. We lost Gini, now mostly Mane and then we will lose Salah soon. It is strategy with which Liverpool try to be self sustainable and less dependent on loans.
4. I have criticized the club so much when they did not sign a defender when lost Lovren. That massively backfired in the last to last season with very bad season under Klopp with no trophies. Apparently as I read before few months, the club was lacking liquid cash. So Liverpool are always being careful when they pay wages and covid ruined the club's recent plans.
5. Liverpool might spend that much on Nunez but they will try to generate the cash by selling Mane, Ox, Minamino, got rid of Divock's wages and wages of other players being sold. It is a simple logic, finances and accounts are always in balance for a long term sustainability.
6. Compared to Diaz and Jota, Nunez actually might need more time to adapt to Liverpool's style of play. He was used more as "on the shoulder of defenders - finisher" where as at Liverpool he will be asked to be involved in the build up much more. I doubt Klopp will suddenly change his style.
7. Mane leaving the club is not a good idea, according to me. Doesn't matter of we sign Nunez or not. If it was Mbappe or Haaland, it will be a different story. I think in the initial days in the next season, it will be Diaz-Jota-Salah as starters. We will have to rely on Klopp and analyst team's magic, that Nunez will be an immediate hit at the club.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:48 am

Well stated. That’s exactly financially how clubs are supposed to operate, as opposed to PSG / City which just ignore any FFP rules which UEFA allows or is incapable of enforcing the rules (or rules too lax in regard to fresh investment or non futbol revenues). Man U does have more revenues so i’m not sure if they are part of the problem.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:04 pm

"5m after 10 games" is a given. Even if he is an absolute flop he is gonna play 10 games by November. For some reason they just wanted to avoid having an official 80m transfer.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:36 pm

I have already debunked that myth that Pool need to sell to buy.

Since 2018-19,  Pool and City have had a similar net spend. If Pool are selling to buy, then so are City. Their sale of Ferran Torres to Barca practically financed the Haaland deal.

Net spend (figures in Euros)

2018/19
Pool - €141M
City - €21M

2019/20
Pool - (-€34M)
City - €89M

2020/21
Pool - €66M
City - €95M

2021/22
Pool - €59M
City - €40M

Total over 4 seasons:

Pool - €231M

City - €245M

All figures as per transfermarkt

And yet here we are constantly reminded by these sly Pool fans that they compete financially, they have no money etc

There isn't that big a difference in wages between both clubs either

No doubt City have been serious offenders of FFP in the past but if you look at their financials, they're spending well within their means unlike QSG that seem to have created their own rules of FFP.

Very few clubs have the ability to spend €100M on a single player. Now Pool have joined the club so it's very cringeworthy to complain about other clubs' spending or to paint a picture that they can't compete financially.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next