Doc
Perucho21
Hapless_Hans
Lord Spencer
Kaladin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AC Milan Campione d'Italia 21/22 Official Thread Empty AC Milan Campione d'Italia 21/22 Official Thread

Post by Kaladin Sun May 22, 2022 8:03 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

AC Milan Campione d'Italia 21/22 Official Thread Empty Re: AC Milan Campione d'Italia 21/22 Official Thread

Post by Lord Spencer Sun May 22, 2022 8:08 pm

Finally, the banter era is over, and its fully deserrved.

After the failed experiment with Giampolo, Pioli did wonders for the team. He combined the passion installed by Gattuso in some way with more intelligent and progressive band of football. This was cemented into a viable and winning formula by the experience of Ibra and Kjaer who carried the team on their backs during the Covid year.

In a way, that's the reason the team stumbled last season. They couldn't cope without their reference point up front. The fact they won this year with Ibra injured for more than half the season is a testament to their growth.

Every member in the team and I do mean every member, deserves this trophy. Castelijo played once and gave us three points. Daniel Maldini is the reason we won once against Spezia (along with a rare Saladmaker or Diaz goal). Tatasuranu saved a penalty against Inter. I think we are the team with the most number of goal scorers, and that's a testament to the spirit of the team.

Hard luck to Inter and their fans (especially Robes and Vibe). It was a proper title challenge, and they only lost 6 or 7 points from last season despite losing key players. I really think Inzaghi did a great job, and my only gripe against you is employing that rat Hakan.

This was seriously a good season, and I hope such seasons, with multiple possible winners become the norm going forward. This makes all the teams stronger and will be central to the recovery of the league.

I am so happy right now, and wish the best to all of you.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

AC Milan Campione d'Italia 21/22 Official Thread Empty Re: AC Milan Campione d'Italia 21/22 Official Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 22, 2022 8:20 pm

End of an era.

Congrats guys.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun May 22, 2022 9:03 pm

Congrats guys

The funniest jokes on Milan and their fans is what led me to make an account here
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 22, 2022 9:05 pm

The wonderful thing about that vid is that I remember every incident.

Congrats on the win Milan fans, the banter era is finally over...for now.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 22, 2022 9:13 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Congrats guys

The funniest jokes on Milan and their fans is what led me to make an account here

That the lads managed to keep such good spirit for such a period is quite simply awesome

Well done @M99 @Kaladin @Casciavit @Lord Spencer  @Cruijf
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 22, 2022 9:25 pm

Players: Riccardo "Pirlo Regen" Montolivo, Cristian Zapata, Djamel Mesbah, Muntari, Alberto Aquilani, Maxi Lopez, Rodney Strasser, Luca Antonini, Bakaye Traore, Bartosz Salamon, M'Baye "That post against Barceona in CL" Niang, Bojan Krkic, Didac Vila, Cristian Zaccardo, Riccardo Saponara, Adil Rami, Valter Birsa, Leo Duarte, Andrea Poli, Kevin Constant, Adel Taarabt, Matias Silvestre, Michael Agazzi, Michael Essien, Salvatore Bochetti, Marco van Ginkel, Alessio Cerci, Gabriel Paletta, Hachim "Moroccan Messi" Mastour, Mattia Destro, Rodrigo "1 match, red card" Ely, Stefan Simić, Jose Mauri, Andrea Petagna, De Sciglio, Andrea Bertolacci, Bryan Cristante, Luiz Adriano, Leonel Vangioni, Matias Fernandez, Gerard Deoulofeu, Lucas Ocampos, Jose Sosa, Antonio "100% Clean Sheet" Donnarumma, Gustavo Gomez, Lucas Biglia, Leonardo "Il Capitano" Bonucci, Fabio "DL/DR/WR/MR/MC/AMC/ST" Borini, Nikola Kalinić, Andre Silva, Mario Pasalic Mateo Musacchio, Ivan "World Cup Finalist" Strinic, Diego Laxalt, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Krzysztof "pow pow" Piątek, Asmir Begovic, Mario Mandzukić.

Coaches: Mauro Tassotti, Clarence Seedorf, Filippo Inzaghi, Siniša Mihajlović, Cristian Brocchi, Vincenzo Montella, Gennaro Gattuso, Marco Giampaolo. (Daniele "1 match coach" Bonera)

This scudetto is for you guys. Hopefully we say goodbye to our final banter era player, the one and only, Samu Castillejo.

Special thanks to Diego Lopez, Kucka, Mexes, Suso, Menez and Bonaventura, the only light we had during the banter era, imo.(I meant transfer wise. We had some academy products who were great such as Donnarumma, and some decent such as Cutrone and De Sciglio).

It is officially over. Grazie.

Keisuke Honda, I salute you

Kevin Constant, I salute you

Adel Taarabt, I salute you

Nigel De Jong, I salute you

Cristan Zaptata, I salute you

Jeremy Menez, I salute you

Fernando Torres, I salute you

Alessio Cerci, I salute you

Suso aka "We have Robben at home", I salute you

Carlos Bacca, I salute you

Gerard Deulofeu, I salute you

Luiz Adriano, I salute you

Mario Pasalic, I salute you

Gianluca Lapadula, I salute you

Mateo Musacchio, I salute you

Leonardo Bonucci and Gonzalo Higuain, no comment

Andre Silva, I salute you

Krzystof "boom boom" Piatek, I salute you

Giacomo "Jack" Bonaventura, I salute you, and I wish you could have celebrated this with us

Gianluigi Donnarumma, fuck you

These are just some of the names that served Milan fans during our "banter era". Some say it ended with Champions League qualification last year, it's definitely over now. This group of players that achieved our first Scudetto in 11 years will be remembered fondly for a very long time, what an achievement.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun May 22, 2022 9:33 pm

Just realized that this is only Milan's fourth title since I started watching football (1997). That's a shockingly low number tbh hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 22, 2022 9:52 pm

congratulations to milan, this is a huge deal imo. i think we have 1 or 2 milan fans on here
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 22, 2022 9:53 pm

according to hans' post we have 5 milan fans. happy for zlatan as well
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 22, 2022 9:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

That the lads managed to keep such good spirit for such a period is quite simply awesome

Good spirit. M99 and Kalz picked fights with Firenze and Cas took joy in being a Pep fan boy.

Milan brought them back down to the land of suffering but not anymore. They are champions.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 22, 2022 10:24 pm

Congrats to all Milam fans! Well deserved
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 22, 2022 10:25 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

First and foremost, you need to acknowledge Theo as the superior Hernandez and the best LB in the world :coffee:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 22, 2022 11:11 pm

firstly, Inspirational stuff, congrats

I am genuinely flabbergasted that you won the league with G-Rude, Ibra and Junior Fridgessias though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon May 23, 2022 7:24 am

Not a consolation, but the only one to predict it this summer here
I've won even 3'500 euro for the bet on Milan scudetto title(not a consolation again, yes, but I mean not even boomakers thought it. Why Milan was so underrated it was beyond me
I can't deny it hurts, I 'd hypocrite saying oppposite.
Enjoy it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 23, 2022 10:17 am

Robespierre wrote:Not a consolation, but the only one to predict it this summer here
I've won even 3'500 euro for the bet on Milan scudetto title(not a consolation again, yes, but I mean not even boomakers thought it. Why Milan was so underrated it was beyond me
I can't deny it hurts, I 'd hypocrite saying oppposite.
Enjoy it

What are your thoughts on Conte snubbing Tonali for Vidal now?

Always knew we would be the winners in the long term on that deal Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 23, 2022 12:10 pm

Yesterday's victory was Avengers: Endgame-levels of triumph, just been an unreal 11 years.

Still can't believe it.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 23, 2022 12:30 pm

Real challenge now would be is to sustain the winning momentum

Milan will have to compete financially both in Italy and abroad to retain their best players and reinforce weak areas with quality players

Many rich clubs will actively be courting your Leao's, Tomori's and Theo's. Not gonna be easy.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 23, 2022 4:23 pm

S wrote:Real challenge now would be is to sustain the winning momentum

Milan will have to compete financially both in Italy and abroad to retain their best players and reinforce weak areas with quality players

Many rich clubs will actively be courting your Leao's, Tomori's and Theo's. Not gonna be easy.

We've already lost Donnarumma and Hakan last summer and are about to lose Kessie now. The club really doesn't stoop to satiate the whims of guzzly players, as is evident.

Luckily Theo renewed in February, plus he love the city, has an Milanese girlfriend and is madly in love with the club. Tomori is on a long contract and will need a fee in the range of €60m-€80m in order to pry him, same thing with Leao, we probably won't entertain fees unless its above €80m.

Even so, we can always amicably replace them with bright players, if Tomori leaves at some point, we'll have Kalulu who is proving to be one of the best young CB's in the world. If Leao leaves, we'll look for a similar caliber player. What we definitely won't do is accept dross swap deals like Cancelo/Danilo or Pjanic/Arthur.

I'm confident if this management remains as is, and i really hope they do, we'll be back in contention for Europe.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon May 23, 2022 4:56 pm

I think Surag is a right in a way.

At most, we have three years to take advantage of a great player before the oil vultures swoop in. While we can't offer great compensation, we must offer a different kind of incentive that is unique to the club, which we have historically had.

But we won't be able to hold Leao (who still did not renew his contract) if someone came in wanting to sign him for 20 Million a year.

Also, we need to continue this trend of finding and developing talent, because that's the only way we could compete without throwing money around.

Good thing is that really no Serie A team can, so we should at least be fine domestically, unless PIF buys Inter, then we are all fucked.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon May 23, 2022 4:58 pm

Firenze wrote:firstly, Inspirational stuff, congrats

I am genuinely flabbergasted that you won the league with G-Rude, Ibra and Junior Fridgessias though

Junior Messias is a revelation, similar to Vardy, but even from lower leagues. Some fairy tales can really come true.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 23, 2022 5:37 pm

Eventually, Milan will have to splash money on quality players or stretch their wage budget if they wish to remain at the top for the foreseeable future.

This Dortmund model of finding and developing talent will only take you so far unless Milan's management are happy with regular CL place finishes and making that odd deep run in the CL. I guess it depends on what their objectives are.

'Gambles' like Kalulu, Tomori etc worked because Milan were at a different stage of their development as a club. Nobody seriously expected Milan to challenge for the title let alone win it a couple of years ago.

Now that they're back to the top, Milan need quality reinforcements to sustain themselves as a title challenging team. Any impending departures would have to replaced by quality players as opposed to gambles.

Losing players for free is not sustainable in the long run especially when they guarantee useful transfer revenue.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 23, 2022 5:46 pm

Big congratulations to all my milan brothers. I am glad Giroud provided his exceptional premier league experience to win you guys the league.

It was a long and hard journey but well worth it. Now as S has said, you will have to be careful to not be a Leicester or a wolfsburg. Don't fall in the trap of thinking you have good players. Get better players like Nketiah, Elneny, Cedric, Holding etc in your team asap and watch the CL come home to San siro again

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon May 23, 2022 5:48 pm

S wrote:Eventually, Milan will have to splash money on quality players or stretch their wage budget if they wish to remain at the top for the foreseeable future.

This Dortmund model of finding and developing talent will only take you so far unless Milan's management are happy with regular CL place finishes and making that odd deep run in the CL. I guess it depends on what their objectives are.

'Gambles' like Kalulu, Tomori etc worked because Milan were at a different stage of their development as a club. Nobody seriously expected Milan to challenge for the title let alone win it a couple of years ago.

Now that they're back to the top, Milan need quality reinforcements to sustain themselves as a title challenging team. Any impending departures would have to replaced by quality players as opposed to gambles.

Losing players for free is not sustainable in the long run especially when they guarantee useful transfer revenue.

This wouldn't work without higher TV and/or global revenue. We can't gamble and stretch our budget on the off chance of getting prize money, and we don't have the deep pockets to challenge the big guns.

If this model doesn't work in competing for Europe, then there is nothing a Serie A team without wealthy penis project owners can do.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 23, 2022 7:47 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next