Freeza
The Franchise
Warrior
El Gunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
20 posters

Page 9 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Keep in mind that pick Hornets pick from us is in all likelihood gonna turn into 2 seconds.

Which makes any potential deal for Indiana look way worse.

turn into 2 second? what does that mean?

Warrior wrote:Picks are not everything. In terms of players you wish to receive more than Hayward at 30 millions/year Laughing a contract that has high chances to become a burden eventually

Anyways Sabonis is a jewel and Pacers would be dumb to trade him. Turner, LeVert and next season Warren, Brogdon are more expendable then you try to build something around Sabonis imo. Unless the goal is to tank and suck for years like OKC Thunder but i have not read that.

news came out a while ago that they are shopping Turner, Sabonis and LeVert... they said they are looking for an all-star in return for Sabonis, and young players and picks in return for Turner and LeVert... so it's clear they are trying to rebuild.

Trade negotiations don't always go as you plan, and they may not get that all-star they want for Sabonis. And not a lot of star players want to go play in Indiana, so the next best thing is to luck out in the draft and get build through that. Just look how promising things now look for teams like Charlotte, Cleveland and Memphis in a short while of rebuilding with good pieces.

Also I don't see Sabonis as a number 1 guy, but he can be a good complementary player for a smart player such as LaMelo, who's clearly the franchise guy at Hornets.

just my thoughts though, i know this trade is more for Charlotte's behalf and i'm trying to argue it into existence...

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:51 pm

In short the projections on it are such that if they aren't met the pick transfers into two seconds.

Considering our injuries i doubt we'll meet them so Charlotte will likely get two second rounders.

I can't remember all the specifics tho.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:55 pm

I found it

“New Orleans’ 2022 1st round pick to Charlotte protected for selections 1-14; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then New Orleans will instead convey its 2022 2nd round pick and 2024 2nd round pick to Charlotte.”

Basically the only way Charlotte get a first rounder is if we make the playoffs which seems unlikely.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:38 pm

oh, i read it as time... 2 seconds, i was like wtf is that all about Laughing shoulda said "2 second round picks" then
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:09 am

This is gonna sound really stupid thing to say about a 20-32 team but i love this team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:40 pm

Cavs acquire LeVert for Rubio and a few picks... solid move for Cleveland
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:34 pm

Portland Laughing sad to see Josh go though, not only did he improve a lot this year he was great as a person for the team but we didn't have many other mid level contract.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:24 pm

Keon Johnson and Nickeil Alexander-Walker ??

Lillard must be glad they dismantle the team for those guys. Now it looks much better squad lol ? Add a few good selections at the draft and they will be a strong side in 2025.

Good move by Pelicans
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:38 pm

Portland trading quality for quantity, gonna be a lottery team for years to come.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:46 pm

What the holy hell are the Kings doing

I know they're front office is terrible but this takes the fucking cake.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:08 pm

Is Jeremy Lamb so good that he counts as 2 players ?

Surprised Pacers wanted Hield tbh
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:This is gonna sound really stupid thing to say about a 20-32 team but i love this team.

I loved the young team much more than the title winning one, so it's not really a stupid thing to say. Mine is more stupid I guess. But you get attached to certain players.

Still think my favourite team ever is Lakers Summer League 2017
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What the holy hell are the Kings doing

I know they're front office is terrible but this takes the fucking cake.

Trading the better PG is dumb as hell. Couldn't they have gotten the same value for Fox?

Terrible fucking trade.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:15 pm

I never thought they'd trade Haliburton lmao.

I thought even the Kings is beyond that but i guess i underestimated how stupid they actually are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:17 pm

Kangz gunna Kangz rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:18 pm

Sabonis and Fox could be a nice pick n roll combo, but you need really good shooting around that to make up for their lack of 3-pt shooting
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:23 pm

Yeah this is no slight on Sabonis, it's just trading a guard with such promise and production is just so incredibly dumb.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:25 pm

Come to think of it, what's the odds on Vlade comparing Sabonis to Jokic during the introductory press conference.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:28 pm

I was thinking Haliburton-Mitchell is the back court of the future. Both drafted by the new GM Monte McNair and serious players not up-and-down guys like Fox or Hield. Oh well

Sabonis is not the answer to every problem in attack, more so he was gonna thrive with Haliburton specifically, now they have no shooting and defense will still be terrible.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:33 pm

meanwhile over in NOLA Laughing

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:21 pm

It's Jeff Duncan in fairness, bloke is a moron and mainly gives a shit about the Saints and doesn't really comment on the Pels much.

Even if we made the playoffs we'd probably play the Suns which wouldn't end well although I'd argue this deal is about way more than that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:46 am

Kings are a fucking hopeless piece of shit franchise. Fuck em.

I got a brother in Sactown now, I actually want them to be good. I've always had a bit of a soft spot. But it's clear they are absolutely pants on head mismanaged from top to bottom. There have to be 5 year olds on the goddamn line over there. They have zero clue. Jesus Christ. Trading Haliburton?

Mother fuckers should be getting Harden or at least Simmons for Haliburton. Sabonis? Really? Domantas is a great player too, no disrespect. But wow.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:23 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's Jeff Duncan in fairness, bloke is a moron and mainly gives a shit about the Saints and doesn't really comment on the Pels much.

Even if we made the playoffs we'd probably play the Suns which wouldn't end well although I'd argue this deal is about way more than that.

how do you view this deal for Pelicans moving forward?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:37 am

Let's not overrate Haliburton. Sure, he's young and promising, but it's not like he's lighting the league on fire with his 14 ppg. Plus Sabonis on 20 mil per year until 2024 is very nice to have.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:56 am

with Haliburton it's not just his total points scored but his efficiency as a playmaker and scorer, and his smart defensive playing. He is top 5 for guards in the categories off assists, steals and FG% shooting 3s off the dribble this season.

and for Sabonis it's the 2-years left on his current deal. Kings won't have the rights over him when that's up and he could easily walk to a better situation after those 2 years and it wouldn't really be that surprising if he does leave because, come on let's be honest, Kangz gunna Kangz, they ain't competing anytime soon.
Compare that to Haliburton's contract - still on his rookie deal, and they would have the rights over his rookie extension, and he's younger with a potential higher ceiling than Sabonis.

So yea, all of those reasons is what makes it a dumb trade.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:40 pm

If you're a treadmill team like Sacramento, you might as well make a trade that makes you better in the present, and Sabonis does that. Haliburton, for the time being, is all right, but the deal ends up being bad for the Kings only if Haliburton keeps on improving - and people are reacting to this deal like that's not an "if" but a dead certain fact.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next